Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Honing Martial Skills [Volkhard or open]

Started by GyraZR1, June 30, 2017, 07:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GyraZR1

After being dropped off by her airship, Gyra walked into the huge building that acted like an enclosed training field for fighters. A quick feel to make her magic restricting pendent was still in place under her light weight sleeveless shirt, she picked up a steel weighted training sword that was close enough to hers. Flopping it to a reverse grip she favored when not in combat, Gyra quickly searched for unoccupied spot to start her practice dances. 'Probably won't be able to stay long, but should be able to squeeze in a sparing match or two before vacating the city. Once finding a spot, that happened to be seclude and in a shadowed corner, Gyra began her practice dances. Minutes flew by as she worked through the basic dances, both standard and custom, letting muscles go through the remembered movements. 'Been a while since did this.' she mused, when her moves started to speed up.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

There were some men standing nearby, mostly soldiers, who were speaking to a particularly big, aged man when this particular women waltzed into the drilling fields.

They opened their mouths to say something, but were stopped by the big man, who just raised his hand. He said something to them, before he made his way over to the women, the eyes of the men were watching him.

He approached, a great mace on his shoulder and a shield strapped to his other hand. He stopped a bit away from the women, giving her a sideways look.

He watched her movements before spesking. "Nice moves you have there lassy, but are you lost or somthing? Or just here fer a workout?"

GyraZR1

Pausing mid swing, Gyra glanced at the aged fighter. 'Shield and mace, would be trouble in a fight. Tread lightly.' she mused. "Just passing time till my airship comes back for me in a few days." Gyra states. Holding the training blade to her side she turns to face the fighter. "I take it they don't get many strangers just walking in unannounced." she adds with small bow of her head. Subconsciously respecting the other's experience and wondering if she would live long enough to get that respect for herself. 'The wrong move in the right battle and I could be killed.' Gyra thought as she noticed the others watching. Lifting her gaze she ran a hand through her damp hair and sighs softly. 'Probably shouldn't have come here. But I could hear my knight master's voice scolding me for not training.' she adds grinning minutely.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Well ya right on that, but that ain't really the problem lass. It's does things ya have on ya back..." the man said that as he lightly gestured at Gyra's back. "Ya do realize where we are lass? Reajh, the capital city of the most anti-magic nation this face of the planet. An' as ya can guess, my people don't take kindly to winged stranger as yourself."

The man said that with less hostility in his voice and more concern. The man's posture was relaxed, but the men he had been talking too seemed to have be more on the tense/nervous "