Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Aerials {PRIVATE} - [COMPLETE]

Started by Celegwen, August 09, 2017, 09:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighyxcavus

Zukiro gave a shocked look, placed a palm across his chest, and bowed graciously.
"My deepest apologies, how rude of me, my name is Zukiro the Windwaker of Peace, but you call me Zu for short. And as I'm sure you've already met Xanuthos my brother. I live in a hut on the riverbed between the border of Serendipity and Ketra."
Zukiro arose with a most comforting grin. He grabbed two nearby pints and filled each, he gave one to Aithusa and the other was for himself. He whispered a bit so the rest of the crowd couldn't hear.
"I have to admit, did not expect the shape shifting dragon. Caught me off guard at the beginning, just a bit of advice, trying to be unpredictable, makes yourself predictable, it was the main reason I was able to catch the both of you off guard so many times. But otherwise a worthy fight nonetheless, it was actually the first time I've ever needed to call Xanu for help in a sparring match, so consider yourselves honored. If there are any questions you would like to ask me do not hesitate for even a second."
The three sat down on a log next to an enormous firepit the crowd had made. Everyone was having a great time, it made Zukiro smile a bit.

Celegwen

"Sorry we didn't tell you about my little talent in the beginning," Aithusa said, placing the pint on the ground in front of him. "I must say that you are quite the opponent, regardless of whether or not you called for help. Gwen and I haven't had match like that in some time. It felt good to stretch my wings."

Celegwen laughed. She took her tunic off, revealing her red tank top, and let her dark hair fall free of the braid she had it in. It's wasn't too often she was able to shed her uniform in public, so it felt freeing to just relax even with a lot of people surrounding her. "It's true. It's been probably a bit too long. We're a little rusty."

"At least we got the running mount correct."

She smiled and clapped along to the sudden appearance of music. Apparently some of those in the crowd were musically inclined. Everyone danced around the large fire, having a grand ol' time. Celegwen sighed with a smile. "Speaking of stretching wings, I think I'm going to dance." She stood up and join the many people dancing to the fire light.

Aithusa watched her with tenderness in his eyes and just the slightest frown. He took another drink and placed it next to him. "By the way, she and I aren't together. You mentioned something before she joined us earlier and I don't think she heard, so I didn't want to say anything in front of her. She's much too professional for that kind of thing to ever happen. Anyway, what'd you mean Xanu is your brother?"

almighyxcavus

Zukiro chuckled, he had seen this way too many times.
"Aithusa correct? I don't mean to be rude in the slightest, but with a woman like that I'd be a damn fool for saying that you have never even thought about her in that way. I understand you're part dragon as well, but what I'm talking to right now is a human, I was once human and if I was in your position I would at least make some sort of attempt, because she knows you are always there for her, and if you don't give her any signs, she won't give you any signs, TRUST ME. Unfortunately, I do not have time for those kinds of emotions, nor does anyone else, and I'm ok with that. To get back to your question, no, hes not my brother, but Xanuthos was my father's dragon when he was a rider," Zukiro shook a little bit, any memory of his father always shifted him a little bit. "and Xanuthos basically saw me grow up as soon as I left the womb, when he passed, Xanuthos saw that I was in shear agony over his death, and I asked him to remain with me since I really had no one else, so he became my brother in that sense and we treat each other as such. He pranks me ALL the time, see this?"
Zukiro pulled back a large layer of his fur to reveal his skin, it was as black as Xanu's scales.
"After singing me to pieces, too many times than I can count, my skin is now permanently black and leathery, but I'm completely impervious to fire so that's a plus. Now I gotta ask two things:
1. How did you become what you are?
2. How did you two meet?"

Celegwen

"Been the way I am since birth," Aithusa said with a shrug. It was true. Ever since he was born. "My mother told me that my father was the same way. Apparently he and his rider were best friends and wingmen for each other."

Aithusa laughed lightly, trying to picture the father he never got a chance to know. He was a great dragon in the Dragonriders and an even better man, but he never got the chance to be a father.

He ran his fingers through his hair and shook his head. "Kind of sad I didn't get to know him, but I sure as hell made sure to become the man that would make him proud.

"As for meeting Celegwen, we met eight years ago. I joined the Dragonriders when I was twenty-one and was partnered with her immediately. She is the one who taught me everything. All of the hand-to-hand combat I know, my swordsmanship, the aerial tricks I do now. She's my teacher and my best friend. I honestly don't know where I'd be if I was partnered with another rider."

He really just couldn't seem to tear his eyes away from Celegwen. She was definitely imperfect, to say the least. She had scars all over her, she was stubborn, she refused to do anything that a "lady" should do. Still, she was confident, kind, talented, spirited. She was everything he wanted and it was why he had hopelessly fallen for the Elf girl.

"I won't do it to her," he whispered, pinching the bridge of his nose with his eyes closed.

almighyxcavus

"Well, if shes been riding you this entire time, I would be damn well surprised if you didn't!"
Zukiro chuckled and gave Aithusa a reassuring pat on the back.
"I've seen that look a thousand times, I know what it is and I know what it means, look son-"
Zukiro caught himself.
"Look, Aithusa, you've got to understand, my father was a rider I know how that lifestyle is, but let me pose you these questions: "
Zukiro took the placed his pint on the ground, he grabbed Aithusa's pint and did the same. Zukiro stared directly into Aithusa's eyes.
"Would you want to see the person you've spent the majority of your life with, done everything possible together, been there every step of the way, only to fall into the arms of another? If you were her father would you let someone that she just found out of no where be with her? Why you subject yourself to that torment for the rest of your life? Would you rather die in her arms as just a companion, or the one she has wanted to be with since day one. Screw loyalty and professionality, it's a load of dragon shite. If you truly love her, do not let the opportunity pass you by. I know it may not be like this for you, but personally if I was in your situation, I would want to make sure that when either of us pass, we would we honor each other not just for loyalty, but an ever burning flame of affection that shows us the path to what the other would've wanted, and that my friend does not come with just being a companion."

Celegwen

Aithusa appreciated what Zukiro was trying to do, but the fact remained that he and Celegwen were best friends and battle partners. He shook his head. "It's a bond deeper than a mere courtship," Aithusa said with a sigh. "It really is fulfilling. We spend every possible moment together, there's constant physical contact, and we know each other better than most husband and wives know each other."

He ignored Zukiro's slip with "son" because he saw it simply as a term an older, wiser man would use in regards to a younger man he had mentored.

Even so, the seriousness in Zuriko's eyes was slightly unsettling. The last time he had seen that kind look was the last time he saw his mother before joining the Dragonriders.

Aithusa severed the eye contact and turned back to the fire. "Zu, look at her. Seriously. She is so full of spirit and happy with the life she's living. Regardless of what I feel or what I want, why would I risk her safety and her happiness. It would just be selfish."

almighyxcavus

Zukiro backhanded Aithusa across the face. Hard.
" You saying that is selfish in itself, I would bet Xanuthos to bite off my head if I were to call that selfish. I'm sorry for slapping you, honestly I am, but I'll be damned if I let this happen to my so- friend. She's happy because she is with YOU, I doubt she would be this happy if you didn't make it for her. Safety? What kind of idiot do you take me for? You think this world is safe? You think she wants to be safe? No, shes an adventurer like you, but she won't go anywhere without YOU. You are the one that was able to make all of this happen! Hell, if it hadn't been for all the craters you made from Xanuthos kicking your ass, I doubt she would be having the blast that she is having right now."
Zukiro started to tear up in his right eye, but ever so slightly. This was the first time Zukiro had actually delved into his heart.
"I-I- don't want you to end up like me."

Celegwen

If anyone else had hit Aithusa like Zukiro had, Aithusa would have instantly ripped them to shreds, quite literally. Luckily for Zukiro, the dragon held a surprisingly great deal of respect for the wolf. He held himself together for the sake of everyone.

Never before had Aithusa watched someone he saw as a teacher or superior reveal emotion simply because it was almost seen as a weakness in battle. "I promise you, if you strike me again, I will not hesitate in tearing you limb from limb." Aithusa kept his voice low. "I truly do respect you, but that respect only extends so far."

He took a breath, calming himself down. "Look, I understand what you're saying, but how can you be absolutely sure? What am I supposed to do? Just go up to her, spin her around, and kiss her? No. If she doesn't reciprocate, we get separated as partners. That's the safety I'm talking about. When we're partners, I can make sure she's safe. If we get split up, it's out of my control."

Aithusa looked at Zukiro's vulnerable state with a sympathetic gaze. "What happened to you?"

almighyxcavus

"Everything that I'm helping you avoid."
Zukrio hugged Aithusa, practically squeezing him, he whispered into Aithusa's ear.
"Please, please, promise me you won't let this opportunity pass you by, my truly betrothed was in the arms of another because I didn't act upon it, because I sat on the sidelines worrying what could happen instead of what should happen, I-I was kicked out of her funeral. Please, Son," Zukiro was about to start a river of tears, "don't be like me, don't become the sad old man who never had a shot because he never took it. Even you're split up from the riders, if she sees that desire in your eye, I know she will take it. Take the shot, if not for yourself, do it for me."
Zukiro released Aithusa, he then proceeded to walk over to Xanuthos sleeping under the shade.
"Xanu-"
Come. Here.
Xanuthos already knew what had happened. He curled Zukiro into himself and the two began to ever so softly hum, to a tune that his betrothed use to sing every night on the windowsill. After about 5 minutes or so, the two were asleep, Zukiro looked as if he was the saddest werewolf in existence.

Celegwen

Aithusa was uncomfortable in the wolf's grasp, but Zukiro seemed like he was diving into feelings he had hidden for a long time. Zukiro fell asleep to a soothing melody he was humming, and Aithusa finished off his pint.

The dancers' energy began dying and the music started to slow. Celegwen came back to the log and saw Aithusa sitting alone. She glanced around and smirked at Zukiro and Xanu sleeping together. "Too much for them?" She jokingly asked.

Aithusa smiled at her and she sat next to him. "We should get some rest too," he said.

Slowly but surely, the people cleared from the area and the large fire died out. "You and Zu seemed to be getting along well."

He grinned and nodded. "He's a good guy. Not too great with boundaries, but a good guy. Come on."

Aithusa walked over to a tree and sat with his back leaning against the trunk. Celegwen chuckled and walked over, slightly unfamiliar with Aithusa's unexpected intimacy. He shrugged off his shirt, revealing remarkable scars that covered his abdomen and onto his back. They were warriors, so it was only expected they have some war wounds. The Elf girl smiled and laid down with her head on his lap, facing the ashy remnants of the fire that burned not long ago. He covered her with his shirt, more symbolic than actually warm, slowly ran his finger through her hair, and softly sang a lullaby his mother would sing to him when he was young...

"Lay by my side, and we'll sail away
Off to the shores of another day.
All set to go once I hear you say,
Goodnight, my friend.

Up we will float as we close our eyes.
Stars all around us like fireflies.
Just me and you drifting through the skies.
Goodnight, my friend.

Not a thought.
Not a care.
Resting safe and sound
With each other there.

And so we will rock on our nighttime ride
Cozy and warm on the rolling tide.
Till we arrive on the morning side
Our journey's end.

Goodnight.
Sleep tight.
We're going to be alright.
Goodnight, my friend."

He felt her rhythmic breathing, meaning she was asleep, and smiled to himself. Regardless of his desire to sleep off the sparring match from earlier and the emotional drainage from his talk with Zukiro, Aithusa made sure to keep himself awake and alert for the remainder of the night. The normal swapping he and Celegwen did for keeping watch didn't take place, instead letting her sleep well for once.

almighyxcavus

Zukiro shifted wildly in his sleep almost like a beast. He looked as if he was having a nightmare of some kind.
Zu! I'm so happy to see you again!
Its great to see you again Amelia! You look ever so slightly more beautiful every time I see you!
Why thank you! Also I listened to your advice that you gave me at our last self-defense class and I found myself a husband!
A husband?! Wow! That's a big, uh leap for you, congratulations.
Indeed it is! And the best part is that his name is Zuki-
Amelia was stabbed in the heart with a rapier from behind, she faded into darkness. Zukiro fell to his knees sobbing uncontrollably, he looked up to face the man that killed his Amelia. It was her actual husband, Amesos.
The scene shifted and Zukiro was now just outside Amelia's deathbed, he barged his way to get next to her, and just before the guards pulled him away, Amelia handed Zukiro her betrothal necklace.  She mouthed the words I love you as he was being forcibly dragged out of the medical tent, and just as the drapes of the tent clouded his vision of Amelia.
"AMELIA, AMELIAAAAA, AMELIAAAAAAAAAAAAA."
Zukiro awoke in a river of tears, his screams could've woken anyone up. But Xanuthos was already wide awake, Xanuthos practically never sleeps mainly because he doesn't need to, he falls asleep mainly whenever he gets absurdly drunk, or when Zukiro needs comforting. Zukiro noticed that Aithusa was wide awake, he gave a slight nod to Xanuthos, Xanu knows the warriors never sleep bit all too well. Xanuthos made his way over to Aithusa.
Thusa. Sleep. I. Watch. Please.
Zukiro needed some time alone for a bit.

Celegwen

Celegwen shifted in her sleep, slightly aware even in the defenseless state. Aithusa began humming the lullaby again and stroking her hair, lulling her back to sleep.

Zukiro looked weaker than Aithusa thought was possible for the wolf, but Aithusa didn't question what had pained him to the point of tears. Amelia. That must have been the name of the woman he had loved before.

Xanu was trying to cover for his best friend by telling Aithusa to sleep. Aithusa knew for a fact that he wouldn't be able to sleep. It wasn't the way he worked. He and Celegwen practically shared each other's minds and hearts, so they trusted each other to the ends of the world. When she slept, he had to stay awake to make sure everything was okay.

Still, he knew what Xanu was saying.

Thank you, brother, Aithusa said telepathically. He and Xanu could communicate through their thoughts, and it was convenient for times when quiet was necessary. There was no way Aithusa was actually going to sleep, but maybe pretending to would be enough to put Zukiro at ease.

He gently moved Celegwen to lay on her side and slid down to the ground, laying against her. Aithusa closed his eyes, softly running the tips of his fingers up and down the skin of her exposed skin. They stayed like that for the rest of the night.

almighyxcavus

I. Know. You. No. Sleep. I. Under. Stand.
Xanuthos began to soar through the night, his black wings glistening in the night sky, the gold tint of his scales reflected the stars. He glided through the air, spewing fire all over himself as graciously as he could.
Zukiro, was in a tree finishing off a barrel of the ale he had brought. After re-hammering himself he fell into a deep trance. This was done by hanging upside down from the tree branch with both legs crossed. He needed to clear his mind in order to train better for tomorrow, but the nightmare kept haunting him. Giving him illusions of Amelia in his deep trance.
The sun was peaking over the horizon, when it found Xanuthos on his back again, dead asleep. Aithusa was still awake but just barely, Celegwen was beginning to nudge.
Zukiro was still in his trance, he kept on chasing after Amelia, he wasn't aware, but he was trapping himself in his own nightmare.
This would be a first, with Xanuthos still fast asleep, who knows how long Zukiro may stay in that state.

Celegwen

Aithusa smiled and sat up. He looked around and saw Xanu fast asleep on his back. Zukiro was hanging upside from a tree, a trance position Aithusa had only seen from the most talented of Thanati monks. He looked down at Celegwen, who had just started to wake.

"Hey," he whispered, moving her hair out of her face. "Time to get up." She groaned in her tired state and pulled his shirt over her face to shield herself from the rising sun.

He smirked and stood up, walking over to the sleeping bodies of Zukiro and Xanu. "Zu, you wreak, man. Take a bath."

When the wolf didn't wake up at the playful words, Aithusa actually started to become concerned. He seemed like the kind to be able to wake up at the snap of a twig half a mile away. This didn't seem normal. Aithusa walked over to Celegwen and nudged her awake. She snapped out of it pretty quickly, blushing accidentally at Aithusa's shirtless chest. He put his shirt back on, and she dressed herself in her tunic, rebraiding her hair.

"What's wrong with them?" Celegwen asked, folding her arms across her chest.

Aithusa shook his head. Xanu, get up, Aithusa said telepathically. No response. "Shit. Xanu, I'm sorry in advance."

He transformed into his dragon form, the reflection of the rising sun off his massive white wings creating almost a magical glow around them. He looked to Celegwen, who nodded her approval, and Aithusa, in hopes that it would wake Xanuthos, bit down on the dragon's tail. Hard.

almighyxcavus

Xanuthos awoke flailing his head and spewing fire. Thankfully he didn't burn anything.
Never. Do. Again. Tail. Could. Kill. By. Mis. Take.
Aithusa should've considered himself lucky that he didn't bit into the gold tint at the tip of the tail. The tip is covered in poison, but only when Xanuthos releases it. When he is asleep he has no control over it, sometimes he'll wake up two deer and rodents just dead around him because of this.
Zu. in. trance. do. not. wake. or. he. stay. for. ev. er. But. He. Need. Help.
Although he was completely still, Zukiro showed clear signs of distress. A small wave of lights orbited around his head, fading from white to black and back to white again.
Zukiro began to move, but his eyes were completely shut and his left hand was stuck next to his chest with his thumb, index, and middle claw all pointing upward.
He grabbed his manola bow staff and threw it up in the air, Zukiro jumped as well, as the staff planted itself into the ground Zukiro landed on its tip with one foot ever so graciously, and maintained that position.
Zukiro looked as if he was a statue.

Celegwen

Sorry about the tail, but you didn't wake up conventionally. Aithusa knew that there could have been many steps taken between telepathically speaking and biting Xanu's tail, but he also knew something was wrong and it was better to go with something that would absolutely work.

"I get that you guys are having a dragon bromance moment, but could I get in on the discussion please?" Celegwen walked over to the two of them and looked at Zukiro, who was holding a strangely controlled position. Even so, it was clear anyone who saw that there was something seriously off.

Aithusa shifted back into his human form and combed his hair back. "Xanu, how do we help him? Has it been like this before?"

almighyxcavus

Xanuthos shook his head.
Never. Been. I. Know. Amelia. But. Zu. Never. Stuck. In. Trance. be. fore.
Xanuthos was getting too anxious, he knew Zukiro could fend for himself, but this was something he had never seen before.
Xanuthos rose up on his hind legs, and burned Zukiro from head to toe. Zukiro didn't move an inch, his fur was completely singed off, revealing his black skin. He was still breathing, Xanuthos heaved a sigh of relief. Although he had done similar in the past, he had never done it to that extent.
Xanuthos was desperate, he backed 200 paces and began to sprint. Which then turned into flight, as he neared Zukiro he began to do multiple flips mid-air.
THUD
Xanuthos licked his tail, he actually wound up hurting himself in the process.
Zukiro unmoved, spoke in a soft tone:
"A- Am- Ame-," his eyes were completely open, but they were as black as the night. He turned to Celegwen, "AMELIA," in the blink of an eye Zukiro knocked Celegwen completely unconscious, he got on all fours wrapped Celegwen into his shirt on his back and darted far away from the fields faster than anything Xanuthos or Aithusa had ever seen. Xanuthos was furious, but he could only imagine how enraged Aithusa was. He needed to calm both himself and Aithusa down first.
Do. No. Harm. He. Not. Zu. Please. We. Get. Friend. Back.

Celegwen

"Don't you dare tell me not to hurt him, Xanuthos!" Aithusa shouted, practically in a growl of a dragon. "I don't give a shit if you raised him or saved him or if he is the goddamn savior of Adela! If he hurts her, I promise I will skin that wolf alive and feed his still beating heart to you!"

Aithusa shifted to his dragon form with heart pounding against his chest so hard he thought it might explode. He was known to be the fastest dragon in the Dragonriders Unit, and he damn sure proved it at that moment. Aithusa knew Xanu was following him, but he couldn't be bothered with the brother of the creature that held his heart.

He flew high trying to find Zukiro, but he had somehow managed to disappear. As much as he despised asking for help, Aithusa slowed and waited for Xanu to catch up to him.

almighyxcavus

Xanuthos paused for a moment in the air, he needed to calm Aithusa down drastically, otherwise there will be unnecessary bloodshed.
LIS. TEN. YOU. NEED. CALM. I. ANGER. TOO. Zu. Will. Not. Hurt. I. Pro. Mise. He. Shout. Am. e. li. a. He. no. hurt. Ride. On. Me. I. Track. Zu. I. Find. Fast. Trust. Me. Please.
Xanuthos floated in air waiting for a response. Xanuthos knew he could track Zukiro down, he also knew he could fly without attracting any unwanted attention. Zukiro does have a slight bounty of his head from thieves, assassins, and other people along the riverbed towards Ketra, the only thing that kept them away was Xanuthos, and who knows how long until they would find out.

Celegwen

Aithusa argued with himself for a split second. He wanted to just go find Zukiro and rip his head off, but he knew that Xanu could find Zukiro a lot faster than he could.

He wasn't sure what would happen once they found Zukiro, but he was sure as hell positive that Zukiro wouldn't lay a singed finger on Celegwen without getting it snapped off. He flew right above Xanu and shifted to his human form, landing on the black dragon's back.

"Xanu, if you don't find him, you'll be the first name on my kill list!"

Tags: