Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

With These Paws... (WallyD!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, September 28, 2017, 05:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

It was not a nice day outside. Dark clouds lined the sky, and the smell of ozone filled the air as Belladonna walked the streets of Maestoso. The cat didn't care too much- she was hungry, and since her "master" had run off to some alchemy shop on the other side of town, she was on her on her own to find food.

After a few minutes, Belladonna reached her destination- the market district. "Now, if I was a fishmonger," the cat thought to herself, sniffing the air. "Where would I set up shop?"

It took a while, but Belladonna was eventually able to make out the smell of salmon. Ears perking up, she scampered towards the source- a small stall manned by two humans. "The shipment was was ridiculously expensive this time." she heard one of the humans tell the other. "We're going to have to hike up our prices again if we want to make a profit."

"But Geoff," the second human replied. "We can barely get a sale when the prices are low! How are we supposed to make a- what the fuck?"

Belladonna had lifted three of the fish with telekinesis, and was walking off with them when the the fish merchants spotted her. Looking back to see the men on pursuit, she quickly darted away. The men gave chase, and the cat was soon running through the streets laughing.

"Ha! I love being magic!"

WallyD

Aileen bounced down the street, her black fur seemed to blend in with the shadows around her. Aileen was on a break. Well, not really. Her job is non-stop, but she was taking a "break" anyways. Her ears suddenly perked up and Aileen stopped moving.

Just then an mangy cat ran past, three salmon seemed to follow her. Two humans dashed after the cat, causing a lot of noise. Aileen walked to the corner and watched as the group turn down a street, making one of the men stumble. Aileen chuckled and whipped her tail gleefully.

Now THIS I have to see. Aileen thought as she lept through the shadows, teleporting her to the roof, following the commotion. She continued to weave between the chimneys and wind vanes, her eyes never leaving the cat below.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Belladonna weaved through legs and ducked under feet as she scampered though the crowd, fish close behind her. The two men followed, enraged by having their wares stolen out from under their noses. While Belladonna was nimble enough to make it through the crowd largely unnoticed, the humans were not- and they were beginning to cause a stir. Pedestrians had to quickly move out of their way, and those who were on the side of the road were beginning to stare.

Finally, the guards got involved. As the two men began to argue with them, Belladonna slipped into an alleyway. "Perfect!" she meowed to herself triumphantly. Sitting down behind an oddly arranged pile of wooden planks- "Probably the lair of some homeless weirdo"- Belladonna dropped the fish to the ground and began to eat.

WallyD

Aileen watched closely, her cat face seemed to grin in amusement. After a while, she shadowed down. The shadows whispered softly and Aileen stalked out of the shadows. Her black fur lit up in the dim light surrounding the two felines.

"Quite a show. Do you do that a lot?" Aileen said, purring. She kept her head high but her eyes amused. Child of the Night Mother or not, Aileen still liked to socialize with other people. Not with crazed murders who get pissed off way to easily when their ego was hurt, but others who have normal lives -sorta- and will laugh at a joke instead of stabbing her.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Belladonna looked up to find herself face to face with another cat. Like Belladonna, the cat had mostly black fur. It was much, much larger than she was however- bigger than any cat she'd ever met. "Whoa." she thought. "Forget the fish, give me some of what you've been eating."

Sitting up straight, Belladonna curled her tail around her legs. "When it suits me." she said simply. "Normally I'd make my human buy it for me, but he's..."

Belladonna narrowed her eyes in concentration. As a familiar, she could always feel her master's emotions in the back of her head. A pang of anxiety hit her- although it wasn't hers. "Yeah, he's off stressing about something. Kid's a wuss." She looked up at the strange cat. "Name's Belladonna. You?"

WallyD

"The name is Aileen." She said sitting down, her trail still thrashing about. "You said human? From the way you talk about him it doesn't sound like your a pet."

Aileen already knew what Belladonna was, but atlass. Aileen wanted to play and play she will.

"Tell me, young one. Who keeps who?" She asked lowering her body so she was eye level with Belladonna.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Belladonna leaned back as the other cat got closer. Her ears flattened against her head. "Young one?" she said, tail lashing. "Bitch, I am seven years old- almost eight! Show some respect." She licked her paw and began smoothing out the fur on her back of her neck. "As for the boy, no. I'm not his pet, I'm his familiar. And for the record, I wear the pants in that relationship."

"Boy couldn't tie his own shoes without me." she added silently to herself.

Bella glared at the other cat. "You seem awfully interested in my life. Care to tell me why?"

WallyD

"I have nothing better to do." Aileen said, unfazed by the other cats out bust about her age. It was indeed quite funny, seeing how Aileen is several hundred years older. In both cat and human years. "My life gets quite boring and continuous. I saw you from the shadows a knew that I that i was going to get a good laugh."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Really? Nothing better to do then watch me eat?" Belladonna hissed. She normally enjoyed the company of other cats, but Aileen was beginning to get on her nerves. "Tell you what, if you leave now, I won't cast a magic missile at-"

A shuffling noise came from the pile of wood behind her. A canine growl followed, and Belladonna immediately stood up and put a good distance between herself and the unseen dog. "Oh, that's just perfect!" she said angrily. "See what you've done? Now I have to deal with this, too."

WallyD

Aileen turned her head, watching as a gruffly looking dog emerged. He was a deep brown, mud was caked on his hind legs and he had patches of his fur missing as well. Though his fur was all ready thin to begin with. The dog was a bit bigger than Aileen, but she was unfazed by the dog. Instead her eye's flash mischievously and she stood up, making the dog's eyes flash to her.

"Wanna have fun?" Aileen asked, talking to Belladonna but kept her focus on the canine. The dog let out a low growl and prepared to launch at the two. "To bad; I don't think you'll have much of a choice."

Tags: