Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I Spy with My Little Eye {Eckhart} {M}

Started by Celegwen, November 17, 2017, 01:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

"Repeat after me, Lizzie," Teryn said in her mind.

Lizzie gave Terrence a look of confusion. "What voice?" She said, echoing what Teryn told her. "Spider wouldn't have linked you yet."

A word of praise from Teryn ended his instructions to her. Jezebel sat nearby, silently listening to the conversation between Terrence and Lizzie. She was there more as a second pair of eyes and ears. This was Lizzie's role, but Jezebel was there to support the young girl if she needed it.

"Besides," Lizzie continued, "he would've told you how it worked, if he tied you into his web."

"Lizzie, no!" Teryn groaned.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Hm, yes, I remember now." Terrence said, nodding. "Thank you for reminding me, Ladybug."

Before the girl could react, Terrence had drawn his knife, slamming the hilt into the window pane. The glass cracked, and another hit caused it to shatter completely. The boy hastily clambered over the broken glass, and was soon running at full speed down the street. "A crowd! I need a crowd!"

Celegwen

Lizzie flinched at the sudden shatter, and Jezebel jumped up. The woman immediately unlocked the door, but Lizzie had already climbed through the broken window, cutting her hands a bit on the way out. "Why are you running away?" Lizzie cried after Terrence.

GG showed up on the white horse. The horse was fidgeting, trying to run, and GG was about to let it. "Where'd he go?" The young man asked.

Jezebel raced out, grabbing Lizzie's wrist and pointing at Terrence. Even though there weren't a ton of people in sight at the moment, GG had trouble focusing on the practically blurry figure running away from them. Regardless, he spurred the horse on, trying his best to lock onto the boy.

Overhead, an eagle's screech rang out ten times louder than a typical bird. GG looked up to see the white shape of the familiar gryphon. Goldie, he thought, slowing the horse. If anyone could catch the guy, it would be Goldie and Blex. Hurry, Goldie. If he turns the bend, he'll vanish into that gathering.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Ladybug called out to him as he ran, but Terrence ignored her. The Silence was onto him, and he was running put of time. Terrence could hear somebody on horseback behind him, and the boy pushed his legs to move even faster. "There's a crowd up ahead!" he thought, looking ahead. "If I can just make it there in time..."

A loud screech from above him caused Terrence to flinch. He stumbled, but quickly regained his footing. Reaching the end of the street, the boy would slow down and attempt to disappear among the crowd of people...

Celegwen

Goldie leaned forward on the gryphon, diving toward the ground. They couldn't risk injuring anyone in the crowd. Blex was a large, some would consider uncontrollable, creature. Goldie wouldn't put the trust of the public at stake to catch up to her target.

She quickly pulled up, Blex's large wings nearly touching some of the citizens at the low height he was flying. "He's gone, Goldie," Blex said, looking at the crowd of people.

"Spider's gonna throw a bitch fit," Goldie mumbled. "Let's perch." They lifted higher into the air, landing atop one of the nearby buildings. Blex sat with his wings spread for intimidation, while Goldie crouched at the edge of the roof, staring into the crowd for any hint of distress or escape.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Terrence felt a rush of air above him as he began to move with the crowd. Glancing upwards, the boy saw what appeared to be gryphon flying overhead. "But those are native to Featherfall!" he thought in a panic. "Why the fuck do they have one?"

Terrence found that walking normally was hard to do when he was frightened. "I should have known they'd use a kid." he thought anxiously, biting his nails. "We do that too- I was that kid for a while." Children confused Terrence- for some reason, they were more likely to notice him then adults were. "Ladybug must be their Randal. I gotta be careful of her, more than anyone."

Following the general direction the crowd was headed, Terrence found himself heading towards the center of town. The Castle was in view, it's towers rising high above the other buildings. The boy swallowed nervously. "Shit! I could get boxed in if I keep going this way!

Celegwen

The way the crowd was moving, Goldie realized that it could strategically work to trap her target toward the Castle. Then again, she didn't want to be forced there. The success of the gang was based on not interfering with the government. Despite how much Goldie wanted that to change, Teryn was still technically in charge.

She didn't want to be cornered near the Castle, but she also knew that the boy she was hunting wouldn't want to be either. I need to use this, she thought.

"Goldie, I saw him," Blex told her, cutting off her thought. "Make them disperse, and I can pick him out."

The woman smirked, looking over the crowd. She cupped her hands around her mouth to amplify her sound. "Fire!" Goldie shouted. "Run! Fire!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

As if his own panic wasn't enough, Terrence soon found himself in a stampede of frightened people. Cries of "Help!" and "Fire!" filled the air, and the boy found himself getting pushed around by people who couldn't see him. A particularly large man barreled past him, knocking him over. "Shit!" the spy thought as he hastily scrambled to his feet.

The crowd was beginning to disperse, leaving Terrence behind. The boy hurriedly looked around, then darted towards the nearest alley...

Celegwen

"There!" Blex said, seeing Terrence get shoved to the ground.

"Where?"

"He's right there! Goldie, are you blind?"

She squinted. "I don't see him!"

The gryphon leapt off the roof, his wings extended to glide downward. If Terrence made it to the alley, Blex wouldn't be able to grab him. He released another eagle-like screech and dove towards the fleeing boy in an attempt to grab him with his talons.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

A screech from behind him caused Terrence to flinch. He pushed himself to move faster, but it was too late- he felt the Gryphon's talons grab him by the shoulders, lifting him up into the air. With a cry of shock, Terrence unsheathed his dagger and swung it blindly above him. "Let me go you piece of shit!"

Celegwen

A sharp pain shot up and down Blex's right arm. He cursed the little bastard silently, but the pain wasn't anything he hadn't felt growing up with rough siblings. He would have Teryn look at it when they returned, but the primary focus was getting back.

With a smooth movement, the gryphon swung around, flying back towards Goldie. "Jump on," he said to her. She sprinted to the opposite end of the roof, pushing off and landing smoothly on his back.

"Good job," the elf said with a smile. "Let's get back to Spider's."

"He's going to be pissed that you disobeyed him."

She huffed. "He'll have to deal with it." They made it back in no time, landing in the front. Goldie got off of Blex and walked around to take a look at the boy. It was weird... She saw him, but it was almost like looking through a blurry lens. "Dagger," she demanded, holding out her hand. "And don't try anything funny, or Blex will have you for dinner."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Terrence felt his swings connect, but it was to no avail- the gryphon didn't let go. "Nng! Let me go!" he cried as he was carried high into the air. "Help! Somebody help!" 

"Nobody will save me." he reminded himself. "Only I can do this. If I don't, then Hildegarde won't be able to kill these fuckers later. I gotta think of a way to escape..."

The gryphon landed at the brick house, dropping Terrence to the ground. The boy winced- the gryphon's talons hadn't been gentle on his shoulders. When asked for his dagger, Terrence looked up to see an elven woman with brown hair. "The gryphon's rider. Alright, here goes." Knowing that he could look like just about anybody with a bit of suggestion, Terrence did the first thing that came to mind- he began to cry.

Bursting into tears, Terrence dropped his dagger and shrunk back. "W-who are y-you?" he sobbed. "W-w-why are y-you d-doing this to m-me?"

Celegwen

Goldie suddenly felt her chest tighten. Her eyes widened, and she snatched the dagger from the ground. "What's this?" She said too quickly. "Why- What're you... What's he doing?"

"He's crying, Goldie," Blex said simply. "Don't worry about it. Just get Teryn."

The elf shook her head. "No, Blex, what the fuck? Why's he crying? He's-"

"Goldie, now!" Blex snapped at her. Goldie jumped slightly, running into the house just as GG, Jezebel, and Lizzie trotted over on the horse. The gryphon sighed, shifting his telepathy so Terrence would be able to hear him. "Stop your crying. You don't fool me; you're only making yourself look pathetic."

Goldie walked into the house, grimacing at the sight of blood all over. "Teryn," she said, "got him."

The man furrowed his brows. "Him? I thought-" He pursed his lips. "What about Melissa?"

"We can talk later. Just come outside."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

For a split second, Terrence thought his gambit had worked. He smiled inwardly, expecting the elf to dismiss him...

Until the women left, and a voice in his head told him to stop. Terrence paused, a pit forming in his stomach. He looked up at the gryphon in shock, blinking tears out of his eyes.

"Wait... You're Spider?"

Celegwen

"No, you fool," Blex said, shaking out his wings briefly. He looked at the house, as the door opened. Goldie came out followed by Teryn, who now had his hood up like he usually did. The gryphon narrowed his eyes slightly. "That's Spider."

Teryn glowered at the boy standing next to Blex. He pursed his lips together, glancing at the other three nearby. Lizzie was still atop the horse, while GG held the reins and Jezebel watched nervously.

"Butterfly," Teryn said, "bring Ladybug inside. I want her present for this." Jezebel walked with Lizzie into the house. There were a few bloodstains, but Maria had helped Philip upstairs and out of sight. "Moth, bring the boy inside and tie him up." Goldie walked towards Blex and Terrence. "Ant..." Teryn and GG made eye contact with a brief moment of silence. The young man's heart started racing, and Teryn nodded once. "I'm going to require your services."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Terrence looked at the man who stepped out of the house, shoulders sagging. Ladybug and Jezebel had arrived on horseback, as well as another boy he didn't recognize. "It's over..." Terrence realized. "I'm outnumbered. I can't possibly win. They'll probably torture information out of me, then kill me."

"But if I die here, they lose."

At that moment, Terrence accepted his fate. He looked up at the gryphon, a sad smile on his face. "I'm sorry Lady Hildegarde. I fucked up."

Springing upwards, Terrence aimed his fist at the gryphon's eye, his knuckle extended into a point...

Celegwen

The boy's knuckle connected directly with Blex's eye, and the gryphon screeched in pain, rearing back and rubbing at his face. Teryn and Goldie started running towards Terrence, but Blex whipped around. He hissed loudly, his right eye clamped shut, with his feathers ruffled and wings extended.

"You shitstain!" Goldie shouted at Terrence, raising the dagger she had taken from the boy.

"Moth, no!" Teryn cried, grabbing her arms and pulling her back. Blex lunged forward. "Stop!" Teryn shouted. That wouldn't stop the gryphon from getting his revenge. His eagle beak snapped at Terrence's left pinky finger in an attempt to tear it clean off.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Terrence's hit collided, and the gryphon screeched in pain. He could hear Spider and the elf start to run towards him, but their cries for it to stop went unanswered. The beast lunged at Terrence, snapping at his hand. In an instant, the boy's little finger had been torn clean off.

It was pain like nothing he'd experienced before. Terrence's vision seemed to flash red, and he staggered backward. He clutched his hand, blood pouring from his wound. "No! It's not good enough!"

What had been a cry of pain turned into malicious laughter. "Ha... Hahaha... Didn't you hear him? He... He told you to stop..." The boy grinned madly. "But I guess in the end you're just an animal, huh? Nothing but instinct."

"That ought to do it. He's gotta kill me now!"

Terrence suddenly lunged at the Gryphon again, this time aiming a punch at it's throat...

Celegwen

The boy's second hit met its target, and the gryphon backed away slightly, shaking his head to try and clear his failing vision in his right eye. Goldie cried out, fighting against Teryn's grip, but he refused to let her go. "Moth, he's a gryphon!" Teryn said. "He can take care of himself!"

When he saw Teryn wasn't going to let Goldie after Terrence, GG dropped the horse's reins and sprinted over. Blex went to attack the boy again, but quickly stopped himself at GG's sudden appearance. The young man whipped around, shoving Terrence to the ground. 

Teryn and Goldie both looked astonished at GG's sudden reaction. The quiet boy was never one for violence, which made his tackle incredibly unexpected. He held Terrence on the ground, while Teryn released Goldie. She raced over to Blex, who immediately laid down for her to examine him. Teryn gave GG a soft smile and approached the two boys with his eyes emitting an almost unnoticeable purple glow.

"Calm down," he said to Terrence. "We're not going to hurt you. You have my word." Teryn's voice was completely genuine. "Come inside. I'll wrap your hand, and you can leave unharmed."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Terrence's second hit met it's mark, and the gryphon staggered backwards. "No, no, no!" he thought, panicked. "Why am I winning! I need to- oof!"

Somebody much larger and heavier that Terrence had tackled him, pinning him to the ground. "Nng!" grunted the boy. "Get off of me you dickhead! Just let the gryphon kill me!" Tried as he might to squirm free, the larger boy's grip was too tight. "Fuck you!"

It was at this moment that spider approached them, promising that Terrence wouldn't be hurt. The boy strained to look up at the man, who was now wearing a hood. "Yeah right you fucking liar! I bet that's what you told Eckhart before you sent assassins after him!" Terrence smiled maliciously. "But by all means, take me into your house. I'm sure you won't regret it..."

Tags: