Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Initiation (NotSarcastic)

Started by Sheshia, December 02, 2017, 09:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheshia

Sitting on the border of the forest Keithen plays with a pencil looking around at the sunlit forest around him looking at the morning sun glimmer through the trees sending beautiful rays of light through the canopy. He had recieved a acceptance ketter from a mage named Eiden. He stored the messege away in the guilds arhives before heading out the next morning after saying bye to Karo.

The journey was not that rough thankfully as it was a nice day atleast. He brought some food with him and a book to read as well as some records to double check. A bird landed by him pecking at the ground he smiled watching it. It was a pretty bluebird. He laid his back againt the tree closing his eyes taking in the scent and sounds of the area waiting for his contact. He nad arranged this meeting where it was on purpose to see and test the newbie.

NotSarcastic

Eiden had to admit that he was feeling rather excited, he couldn't help but have a slight smile playing on his lip as he enters the forest the letter had stated. He observes the surroundings, appreciating the effect the light had as it shone through the upper canopy.

As he treks through the threes, he keeps his eyes peeled for the contact, having provided no description so he had to guess after around fifteen minutes of wandering the forest, Eiden grows bored, rolling his eyes, he waves his hand in front of his face as his eyes are revealed they glow completely blue, his vision now covered in an aqua tint. As he gazes round, a bright orange figure lights up a few meters away, his silhouette showing a humanoid figure sat on a rock. Satisfied and with no other option, I cancel the spell and make my way over. He notices his hands remain in an open position, forever wary of the potential threat this person may pose. 

Sheshia

Looking over Keithen smiles and waves,  "Eiden right?" He motions to the ground,  "Welcome to my office. Please sit." He readjusts his position. The kid had passed the first test in finding him now it was to see if he like him. His gut was not sure yet.  "Just no funny business okay?" He laughs slightly.

"So tell me,  what can you do friend?" Keithen asks looking at the ground ubknowningy,  "Tell me about yourself. "

NotSarcastic

Eiden sits somewhat awkwardly, looking at the floor and considering his response. His reserved, slow-moving and hunched body language were classic signs that he was uncomfortable. I nod as he speaks, allowing my hands to relax.

Baby steps, he thinks to himself, he's no threat. Yet, the other voice in his head utters

"Well, what would you like to know?" I reply, my eyes barely moving up to meet his.

Sheshia

"Anything. I want to learn about you. Not what I want to learn. "Keithen states moving the pen to a book writing intercaste symbols like braille in.  "Don't act so submissive either. We're equals as of right now friend." He smiles happily.  "Tell me your story."

Keithen pauses,  contemplating weather or not to tell the guy he could tell when he lies but shakes the thought from his mind. That'll change it up so much he might do something different. "Don't leave out a single detail."

NotSarcastic

He sighs, he was going to have to open up a little bit, he only hoped he wouldn't regret it down the line.

"Well" Eiden begins, clearly apprehensive "As you may be able to tell I was born on Connoloath, and despite the anti-magic laws there I had always taken an interest in the mystic arts, which my aristocratic parents strongly disapproved of" He pauses, remembering their faces... trying not to think of how far away he was from them now. "But their wealth proved very useful, affording me numerous books, scrolls, texts, and volumes, which provided me my daily entertainment and education. I, however, became frustrated when I couldn't produce a single spell, and my parent's wants for me to carry on the family legacy and become a judge didn't help matters. That was until one day when we were traveling across the plain on our way back from some sort of important meeting that we were accosted by a group of bandit, the guard managed to take out all but one particularly skilled she-bandit, who dispatched them with ease and injured my father as a way of threatening him. It was then that I discovered my powers." At this point, Eiden's eyes look up from the ground and into his, the memory still bringing him a sort of sublime pride. It reminded him of the terrifying potential of magic, and how it holds many secrets and without proper discipline and control could be devastating.

"My worry for my father, fear of death and anger toward the bandit sort of.. exploded out of me. This as a very alien situation for me, having lead a very sheltered life and I wasn't that old at the time, anyway I cast a spell" He takes a breath in "Wel I don't know if you can call it a spell exactly but the distress caused the magic to surge out of me, killing the bandit on contact. Since then I've become a pretty decent mage if I may say so myself, I can control my powers and I know a fair few spells and techniques as well as some potions and how to brew them.

"I left for Serendipity when I came of age where I could practice my magic without fear for my life and since then I have been taking myself on adventures for the thrill of it, never ceasing to learn" He smiles at his last sentence, the story reminding him of the excitement that constantly returns to him on any adventure.

"That enough for you?" He asks, but his face changes as worry overcome him as he remembers he hasn't given details on his powers. A holdover from life in Connoloath. He mentally scolds himself for letting his background still impact his actions.

Sheshia

That surely wasn't everything, but it would have to do. Keithen kneels infromt of the recruit looking into his eyes, his face xhanged to that of worry. So he did know he left something out. Thinking for a moment he paces quietly, "You know I chose this place because it was out more in the open and with no set desitination of where I could be. Like in a library in Ketra. I could have been anywhere im this area." He smiles watching Eiden, "Nice job finding me."

Taking out his book he makes another mark in his book making sure he hides his wrists keeping them hidden, "You forgot something I can tell." Quickly forming an electric crystal dagger in the blink of an eye, throwing it at Eiden sending it soaring through the air. He never liked fighting people particularly new recruits, he had to in this case to find the kids abilities. "Please tell me."

NotSarcastic

Eiden smiles grateful for the compliment, but in the next moment he sees a flash of light and instinctively conjures a glowing purple shield in front of him, where the missile harmlessly shatters.

His expression is now one of extreme suspicion, eyeing this man with contempt, any prospect of trust shattered like the crystal he just threw "I don't even know anything about you,and you expect me to tell you everything?! Who do you think you are, attack me like that?"

He's fuming, but is taken aback... Having realised he'd revealed the nature of his powers in defence, scolding himself for being played so easily. His face burns red.

Sheshia

"Sorry but I'm a guild leader who wants what is best for his family." Keithen states calmly. "You want to know who I am?" He makes more marks in his book.

"Simply I'm a man who was born somewhere with amnesia during I can't remember,  I got into drugs, a gang, depressed. Became suicidal," He points at his wrists,  "Grandma got me out of that mental illness,  she passed. I met the love my my life while getting mugged by a desperate man,  he helped me learn how to deal with my disability and we started the guild. Which I am the buffer of."

Smiling he points at his eyes,  "These puppies are going blind you see? Started when I was younger you know my grandma told me." He stretches a bit,  "There that's a summary about myself. One other thing, " Keithen laughs a bit,  "I care more about my family than myself. I an always wary when newbies come along. With the world as it is today you can never be to cautious."

NotSarcastic

Eiden's face falters as he tells his tragic story in such a nonchalant manner, suddenly feeling bad for complaining about such trivial things in his own past. "Caution is a valuable asset indeed" He utters "I apologise, is there anything else you wish to know?"

Sheshia

"Its chill and nope gathered all I need I think." He pauses thinkings, "Oh wait one last thing." He tosses the pen to the ground, "Whats your take on spirit human hybrids?" He smiles watching the leaves shake as breeze blew through them, "And the possibility of hunting child vampires? How would you kill both their kind in your own way?"

NotSarcastic

"In my mind, any being on this plain is only as bad as they make themselves, I'd hold a hybrid with perfectly good nature in far higher regard to a human like myself if that human was a sadist". He answers, curtly "The reason fled Connoloath and took up residence in Serendipity was for fear of being viewed as a monster,which I am not, for using my gift" His blue gaze holds his cloudy one

"But I will do what is necessary, within reason. Nothing deserves to die just for being what it is" his tone carries an edge of finality, sensing the challenge the man has posed to him. Eiden of all people knew what it was like to be shunned for being who they are.

Sheshia

Keithen stays quiet,  that was not the correct answer. That was a why answer not a how. But he'd take the answer as it was a truth in the word. "Well that was a why answer but I'll take it."

He walks over to Eiden one more time looking him over before offering him his hand,  "I like yah bro. My gut is telling me good things about yah." He smiles,  "You pass. Just gotta get back to the base and see what Karo would think of my notes and we'll see if he gives the final thumbs up. Which usually doesn't take long."

NotSarcastic

Eiden can't help but smile, although he had thought the question a little odd. He could end loves in a plethora of ways, why go into detail?

"Sounds good to me" he replies, beaming, his body language relaxing, he'd have to become less guarded if he was going to be part of a team.

Sheshia

"See yah soon then maybe." Keithen says laying down,  "You can go if you want no one is holding you back." He yawns,  "Gonna take a quick power... " H says not able to finish his sentence before quickly drifting off to sleep.

NotSarcastic

Eiden frowns. So that was it? How long would it take to get back to me? And how?

His confusion mixes with excitement, a hundred questions buzzing round his head. This was finally his chance to do some good! And actually make a difference. He can't help but beam As he turns, and leaves the scene, waving his hand casually, creating a small perimeter around the sleeping man, which if crossed would released a loud nose due to the compresses magical energy. Just in case.

Sheshia

(And that's the end of the thread as the scene turns to black :D)

NotSarcastic

(Cool cool, so will we start a new one soon?)

Sheshia

Quote from: NotSarcastic on December 05, 2017, 02:21:49 PM
(Cool cool, so will we start a new one soon?)
(Soon I'll send this to Smiley and we'll go from there :) )

Tags: