Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

SDB's Wants/Limits

Started by Celegwen, December 28, 2017, 10:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

PLAYER WANTS

- What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Basically anything! I'm really open to just about everything.

- What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Like I said, I'm pretty ranged with thread types. If anything, I'm not up for threads only for the purpose of PvP. If there's fighting, I'm fine with that, but I don't do fights without a real IC reason (which usually develops IC)!

- What are your favorite character types to play?
I love all of my characters - all of which can be found in my catalogue. I enjoy playing anyone...a sociopath assassin, an eccentrically twisted doctor, a powerful politician, a dragon-obsessed hermit, or a simple farmer. Variety is major for me.

- Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
Either one, to be honest. I do like having some kind of plot lined up, but everyday character interactions can absolutely be just as enjoyable.

- How do you feel about group threads?
I'm really not a big fan of group threads. Three writers is usually the maximum for me because they tend to fall apart, and I hate when major or complex threads go unfinished. I prefer just one-on-one threading, unless you have some super cool idea that I can't resist.

- How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I work fulltime and am going to college, so I have a very busy schedule. I try to be online daily, but I can't promise consistent posts, unless stated otherwise. If I haven't replied to a thread within 2-3 weeks, you can PM me here or DM me on Discord (whichever's easier).
**My Discord tag is Erida#4610

- What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Stated above, I have a very busy life, so I understand that other people do as well. If you're going to be absent for more than a month, I would appreciate a heads up, but I'd be totally willing to return to a thread that's been dormant for months. Usually, I'll give you about a month before I reach out.

- How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I'm open to it, but it isn't my preferred method of RPing. It can be fun to just do conversations or whatnot between characters, but it isn't really a great place - in my opinion - to have legitimate character or story development.

- How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
I love post volleying!! It's so much fun and a great way to keep up with the threads. I've found that it can be difficult to time it correctly, though. If you want to post volley in a thread, just reach out to me and we can set up a time to do so.

- What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Anything. I prefer the posts to have some substance/body, unless it's a fight scene or argument where fast actions and reactions are necessary.

- Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Pretty varied. I'm a sucker for romance (not-so-guilty pleasure lol), but I won't force it between two characters that just don't fit together naturally.

- Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Not that I can think of. Contact me if you want to know if an idea is too "out there."

PLAYER LIMITS

- What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
If it fits in the story, be my guest. None of my characters are invincible (granted, some do have secrets not listed in the profiles that can make them more durable than others), so they all are susceptible to injury, or illness, or magic, or whatever it may be. Just reach out to me first if you want to write one of my characters being injured, or write the action that would imply your character is trying to hurt mine. I play fairly, so I hope you will too!

- What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I love "love." I absolutely adore romantic threads because they can just be so adorable or so passionate. Depending on the character, I usually like to see the romance develop on its own, but I'm definitely open to pre-plotting romance.
NOTE: I won't force romance. If the characters just aren't fitting together properly, I'm not going to force a romantic connection.

- What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
As for how graphic it gets... I really don't care. I'm fine with fade-to-black or writing in detail. It really depends how comfortable I am with the other writer, as well as the characters. I'm not okay with pedophilia on any level with my characters. I have a several characters under 18 years old, so do not try this on me!

- What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
I'm fine with pregnancies, as long as they're discussed before it happens. I like to keep the situations as real as possible, so losses and miscarriages are completely acceptable to me. Again, if it's a trigger for you, let me know when we discuss the possibility/likelihood of pregnancy occurring.

- What about healing?
Some of my characters have important scars/disabilities/injuries/etc. to them, so I need you to ask me before you try to heal one of my characters. For example, I have a blind seer and a boy with an incurable disease, which means they will not be healed. As long as you ask, it should be okay, but just check with me first.

- What about characters being transformed against their will?
I'm usually okay with these, again if you ask first. I don't like this kind of surprise OOC!! Just reach out to me if you have a plan, and I can decide if it'll work for my characters.

- Anything else?
Usually the best place to reach me is on Discord (Erida#4610), but I do my best to respond to PMs on the site. I love being approached with thread ideas and will gladly try to work something out with you, or I'll tell you that I can't manage another thread and we can start it at a later time. Feel free to reach out if you're interested!
If you want to thread and have a plot in mind, but you don't see a character of mine that grabs your attention, I am absolutely willing to create a new character that will fit a thread idea. I enjoy making characters, so I'll love creating a new member of my ever-expanding family!
If you want to thread with one (or more) of my characters, please ask for the character you want and read the profile for that/those character(s). I have over 200 characters, so please do not ask me to match our characters unless you're really stuck. If I think another character will fit the plot/your character better, I'll absolutely let you know, but please have one of my characters in mind when you bring it up to me.
I also have many guilds, gangs, organizations, etc. listed in my signature (they're also on the last page of my character catalogue with little descriptions for your convenience). If you want to join one (or more) of them, absolutely reach out! There are a few that aren't available to the public, but most absolutely are and can spawn some interesting plots and characters.

~ Thanks for reading! Happy writing! ~

Tags: