Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Friends, Family, Fangs [M]

Started by Celegwen, July 09, 2018, 02:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

@Elf Lady Love

As the lavish coach came to a halt, the door quickly opened by a doorman's hurried steps. The coachman remained on his seat, not once looking away from the six horses pulling the coach. Dozens - more likely hundreds - of coaches and carriages made their way in front of the large staircase and pulled away as soon as their passengers had left.

Lady Bianca Palamyn gingerly accepted the hand of the doorman and stepped lightly out of the coach, not bothering to really acknowledge his existence any further. She made her way up the staircase, the front of her blue gown gathered in her hands to avoid any embarrassing mistakes.

As she reached the entrance, the butler bowed respectfully to her, earning an appreciatory nod in return, as he took her black lace cloak and matching gloves from her and disappeared. Without a word, she began descending the interior staircase smoothly, until she heard an excited chirp and rapid footsteps. "Lady Bi!" A young girl's voice sang, as she rushed over to Bianca. The girl wrapped her arms around the woman's waist, while Bianca grimaced just slightly.

"Lady Serenity," Bianca said, gently moving the girl away from the grasp and standing tall with her eyes angled downward. "You're a lady of the court, and I would expect your father has taught you how to behave as such. Shoulders back, head up, and never sprint across the room in excitement. Understood?" When the little girl nodded, Bianca narrowed her eyes. "Speaking of, where is your father?"

As if on cue, a man with chestnut hair and dark eyes approached with a stunning Thanati woman on his arm. "My lady," he said, bowing. "Pleased to see you were able to make it."

Bianca smiled, returning his bow with a curtsy. "You know I would never pass on one of Lord Victor LaFronz's famed events. What would this one be for? Did you finally find your missing shoe? Or did the dog catch a squirrel in the yard?"

Despite her mockeries, Victor smiled and welcomed her into his home, as he did everyone else who followed after.

Lowen Thorn

Fucking and fighting. That's all they ever seemed to do anymore. The fucking was a form of fighting in itself, but it was the only time he could stand being around her. The screams of anger and resentment were replaced with moans, breaths, and little gasps of a quick fix before the fighting picked back up. He couldn't stand to look her in the eyes, so the only appropriate position was from behind.

In the past, he could at least find some joy in watching him work from her backside, with each stroke into her causing a vibration of skin from her rear as they slapped together. She had an incredible body, that was one of her redeeming qualities for what felt like a lifetime of torture. This wasn't the case for him anymore, and all he could do was stare blankly at the wall, eyes void of any excitement (or any emotional at all) until he finished. Well, until they finished. Sure, he hated her, but he wasn't a monster.

At least she couldn't get pregnant. Her condition was a blessing if he had ever seen one, and it left him free to relieve himself and not worry about the mess, pulling out, or worse: a child. He couldn't bare the thought of raising a child with the woman. No, he wouldn't have it.

Better make this one quick. He had a Noble's ball to attend.

This was really the only way it could work. For both of them to attend the party and not rip each other's throats out in the company of others, they would need to be at least some what relaxed. Her mind was in the same place, so it wasn't hard for him to convince her.

Just a little more.

Body quickly tensing, he let go of his current frustrations in the form of his most primal instinct, separated himself from her, and walked away without saying a word. What did she expect? He had to get dressed for tonight's event.

"Better get dressed soon, Cecilia, and something nice," he finally said from the other room. "These hosh posh assholes will expect nothing less."

He couldn hear her huff and puff from the next room before the sound of her footsteps scampered off into her own room. "Fuck you," was the only thing she said through tired breathing.

Living with a wife he despises, sleeping in separate rooms, fucking in the living space that they otherwise never occupied. What a life.

Bringing up the rear in coaches was none other than the one occupied by Emmett and Cecilia Ansley, and as they stepped out of the coach their icy expressions shifted to ones of excitement and good spirits. They were both great actors. Their act continued as they made their way up the steps, as they were greeted by the butler and again by Lord Victor, and all the way up to the point to where they were in the main audience chambers.

Then, without saying a word to one another, they split apart and made their way into separate sections of the gathering. Oh, another gathering. Emmett really hated gatherings. He wasn't sure why, he just wasn't fond of people in general. Maybe it was because she loved them. Her excitement to arrive on his arm was acted, sure, but her excitement to be there was genuine. She would be on the hunt for a man that night, someone to take her away. 'Please find one,' he actively rooted for her inside of his head.

Glancing over his shoulder, he made sure she was as far across the room as humanly possible before letting out a breath of relief.

He needed a drink.

Celegwen

Socializing was, by far, one of her least favorite activities, but to keep her name as one that was admired and feared (to an extent), Lady Bianca knew that she had to continue to attend the wondrous affairs. Besides, as long as she wasn't cornered by a large man who wanted to sweat on her dress all night, it could actually become something that at least resembled fun.

Music played, and people danced or mingled, the same as every other noble celebration in history. Nothing ever changed, but then why would people really want it to?

Bianca stood by the buffet table, fine wine filling Victor's best crystal with a nearly crimson strawberry between her matching lips. She placed the glass on the table, instructing one of the attendants to make sure no one stole her drink, as she approached the dance floor where Victor was waltzing with his Thanati mistress. "Might I cut in?" She asked.

Anna parted from her lover, bowing her head to Bianca and walking away. Victor and Bianca began their waltz, and the man smiled. "Why do you keep coming back?" He asked in a hushed voice.

"I'm bored," she said simply. "And you're easy on the eyes."

Victor twirled her smoothly, spinning her into his body where their noses were almost touching. "You should know I have a stake within reach," he said. "I could end you."

She smirked, leaning closer to him. "Is that what I feel against my hip?" The man released her, backing up with a dry glare to meet her arrogant smirk. "Food for thought, my lord. You'll come back." At that, she returned to her place at the table, picking up her wine and taking a sip.

Lowen Thorn

One of Emmett's favorite things to do at such an event was to people watch, and as per usual, this one did not disappoint. Being from noble birth, he was never really a good at being a noble. Watching the others interact with one another was always a treat, even if it did make his eyes roll from time to time. Everyone just seemed so... fake.

There goes Lord Seymour, chatting up any poor soul willing to listen to his banter. He was always a joy to talk with. And by joy, Emmett really meant a nuisance, but he tolerated it for the sake of appearances anyway.

Oh look, it's the dynamic trio, as Emmett called them. Lord and Lady Othellio, the married couple, and their friend Lord Edgar. Lady Othellio sure did play the innocent act well considering she constantly cheated on her husband with Edgar. Of course, Lord Othelio was no better as he often cheated on his wife with the same man. It was all too obvious.

And then there was Lady Bianca. Emmett didn't know much about her, but he liked the way she looked. There was something different about her, though he never exchanged enough words with her to find out what. He was intrigued, but something always told him to stay away. For some reason or another she always gave him the chills.

That, and she obviously had something going on with Lord Victor.

He made his way to the buffet table, taking a glass of wine and letting the contents ease through the part in his lips. "Lady Bianca," he acknowledged her after the sip, nodding his head and offering up a small smile.

Celegwen

"Lord Ansley," Bianca said, hardly acknowledging his approach. She returned his polite smile, but didn't even glance in his direction. She took a sip of her wine and sat down at a table right nearby. Smoothly gesturing to one of the four other empty seats, she finally met his piercing eyes with a gaze far too intense for a normal social interaction. "Have a seat, won't you?" She asked, then waved lazily to the elderly man sitting at the sixth seat around the table with a dead stare in his eyes. "Lord Anton won't mind. I don't think he really has one anymore. Isn't that right, Anton dear?"

"Yes, my lady," the man managed to mumble in a monotonous tone, the glazed over eyes indicating something off about him.

A small smirk on her crimson lips, Bianca raised her brow towards Emmett. "After all, a seat would do you good. I'm sure you're quite exhausted after the primal war you had with the Lady Ansley before attending Lord Victor's party."

Of course she could've looked to see his confusion, but she didn't want to use the energy it would take to actually turn her head in that direction, as she was already looking towards the man's wife.

"I know you, my lord. I've seen you and your wife at many an affair, enough to know the state of your relationship. Lady Cecilia is smiling brightly in her interactions, though she has a slight unsteadiness when she walks. Bravo, sir. Job well done. She's also favoring the company of women at this event, which means her primal needs have been met and she is not looking for another suitor."

Bianca gave him a sympathetic look before resuming her rant. "You, on the other hand, wreak of sex. You know the smell. Don't worry, others can't tell, but wear a tad more perfume next time. Oh, and while your wife is actually being loyal to you, this time, you've chosen the company of another woman. So, either leave her half of your assets and allow her the freedom to marry another man, so you can go galavanting with others. Or, if you choose to remain wedded to her, then she should be the only human being who your cock touches. If that was unclear in any way, please tell me." The woman took another drink, giving him a smirk.

Lowen Thorn

Well, well, well. What lit a fire under her ass? Emmett couldn't help but smile, an entertained smile at that, as the woman sent off Lord Anton with what must have been a divine not common of this world. He listened closely, taking the verbal abuse in stride as he glanced back and forth between her and his wife until she finally managed to shut her mouth.

"Did you just make the assumption that I had sex with my wife before coming here tonight?" he asked, a smirk playing at his lips before taking another sip of wine. "And then for me to have the nerve to greet someone at the buffet table?"

He was now sitting at the table with her, eyes easy on her and shoulders relaxed against the back of his chair. "Astute observation, Bianca," was his next reply. "But since you're making false accusations about my love life, how about I take a couple of shots in the dark about yours?"

Sure, Emmett and Cecilia hated each other, and he often fantasized about other women, but he had never acted on those fantasies. Not yet, anyway. Besides, it was Cecilia that wasn't allowing the divorce. Not him.

Other than that, Bianca's observations were a little too precise. Perhaps he was right to get that certain vibe from her after all - there was something fucked up about this woman.

"You seem friendly with tonight's host," the man said dryly before taking another swig. "So are you his history or his homewrecker?"

Celegwen

Bianca smiled at the man, who had  taken her up on the sarcastic invitation to join her at the table. Her abusive rant, spoken in a voice low enough to keep his affairs between them, was her way of telling him to go away, but Emmett seemed to not have understood that meaning. Either that, or he had the guts to actually go back at her with assumptions of his own. If it was the former, he was an idiot who needed to leave her presence immediately, but if it was the latter, Lord Emmett may have gained a sliver of respect from the woman.

"Both, if I have my way," Bianca said plainly. If there was one thing she was lacking on, it was shame. "Lord Victor and I were quite close a time ago, but he's found a liking in a foreign commoner. The reason is beyond my comprehension, aside from wanting to sample exotic foods."

She rolled her eyes and took another drink, as her dark eyes returned to the man.

"And it's Lady Bianca, my lord. We are not remotely close enough for me to allow a disrespect such as the simplification of my status. Besides, my accusations were all but false. At least have the humility to admit when you're exposed. Hiding your troubles make you no better than the rest of them."

Lowen Thorn

Emmett chuckled a little more than he intended to. Exotic foods, he thought to himself. He couldn't tell if she was being bitter, wonderfully entertaining, or both. He chose the last option, and muffled his laugh with a hand over his mouth as the woman continued to speak.

"Well," he finally said, not particularly looking at her but at the crowd, searching for Cecilia. "You were right about some things, Lady Bianca. Cecilia and myself aren't the happiest couple at the party tonight."

This was followed up with a sigh, and then another sip of the wine. Almost time for another glass. "If you'd see her marry someone else, you'd have to talk to her about that," he said mostly to himself. "I've been suggesting that for years."

Then their eyes met. Cecilia across the audience chamber, surrounded now by both men and women, locking eyes with her husband who sat at the table with another woman. A brief look of disgust washed over her face, one with both anger and possession, before it washed away and she rejoined her conversation.

"What about you, Lady Bianca?" he asked, turning his attention back to the woman. "What are your troubles?"

Celegwen

Bianca looked at Emmett with something that could've been interpreted as shock. "Troubles?" The woman repeated. "What lends the idea I have troubles?"

She chuckled, finishing off her wine. She didn't even have the start to a buzz. It takes at least a full bottle for her to begin to feel something, one of the few downsides to her...condition. He likely won't accept that as an answer, she thought to herself, before taking a small breath.

"My troubles lie in my strength, Lord Emmett," she said vaguely. "Men hardly find the courage to speak to a woman of my confidence and status, and I've well passed the age of being courted by a spry suitor." This was of course the truth, but she didn't think of any of it as being even slightly problematic. "Meanwhile, the man who made it this way goes off and lives lavishly with two beautiful whores on his arm and a lovely daughter he took in from a homeless existence. Life is funny, isn't it?"

She glanced down at her empty glass and sighed, standing up. "I need more wine," she huffed, walking smoothly back towards the buffet table.

Lowen Thorn

The look on Emmett's face may have given off the impression that he was bored, but this was certainly not the case. He was listened intently, because to be quite honest, conversation with Lady Bianca was turning out to be the most excitement he has had at one of these dreaded affairs in quite some time.

He smiled as she explained her "troubles." 'My ass' was his thought at her comment regarding her age.

"Life is funny," he repeated softly as she made her way back to the buffet table. Looking at his now empty glass of wine, he decided to do the same. As he reached the table, he stood side by side with the woman, filling his glass, and not giving her another glance.

"It's none of my business," he started, eyes on the glass in his hands. "But it sounds like he made a huge mistake."

With that, he turned heel and walked back into the crowd.

Celegwen

Perhaps, he isn't quite as drab as I believed, she thought to herself, glancing over her shoulder as he walked away. Either way, it didn't matter: she wasn't there to make friends. The woman flashed a smile to the attendant who had watched her drink while she danced. "What's your name, child?" She asked.

"Dennis, m'lady," the young man said, bowing his head. "May I help your ladyship with something?"

"I believe so," she said. "Come with me." Dennis waved another attendant over to watch the buffet, while he chased after Bianca. Lord Victor caught sight and sighed, pursing his lips together. Bianca led the young man into a guest room and locked the door behind them, placing her wine on the dresser. "Dennis, have you ever been with a woman?"

"Yes, m'lady," he said.

She nodded, starting to unlace the front of her dress. "That's good. For the next twenty or thirty minutes, I'm going to use you." Her navy blue eyes turned a sky blue, and she stared directly into his eyes, putting him into something of an obedient daze. "You will lie still on your back, and I'm going to fuck you like it's my last night on earth." She dropped her dress to the floor, took off all of her undergarments, and pushed him onto the bed, climbing on top of him. She grinded on him, her eyes holding his the entire time. When she felt he was ready, Bianca untied his pants and took him in her hands, carefully lowering onto him.

The woman rocked back and forth vigorously, breasts heaving as she tore open his shirt and pulled him up to sit. Kissing his neck a few times, she gently bit down, piercing his artery with her fangs. He grunted and gasped, as she used him twice simultaneously.

Bianca put her hand over the injury, turning to look over her shoulder. The door was slightly opened with Victor standing in the doorway. She smiled, licking the fresh blood on her lips and continuing to fuck the young man with her eyes locked on the man in the doorway, until he simply looked away and closed the door. Bianca fucked Dennis until he finished, consuming his life source all the while.

She took a deep breath, letting his limp body fall to the bed completely drained of blood and swinging her leg over to get off the bed. Lady Bianca dressed herself again and fixed her hair, her eyes back to their regular navy color. She cleaned the blood from her mouth and chin. then picked her wine glass up again. She smirked and locked the door behind her, as she rejoined the ball as if nothing had happened.

Lowen Thorn

"What the fuck were you doing talking to her?"

Emmett had barely made his way through the crowd, looking for anything to entertain him at the party, when Cecilia found him and snatched him by the arm. She led him through the barricade of attendees, rather forcefully and uncomfortably noticeable, until they were behind the closed door of a private room.

"Answer me," Cecilia demanded, arms folded over her chest.

"Just having a civil conversation," he replied dryly, irritated at the scene she just caused. "Am I not allowed to speak to anyone while I am here?"

"Not to another woman," was the woman's scornful reply. "Especially not her. Not while we're married."

Emmett could feel himself getting frustrated, but managed to calm himself and wash away that anger before a bigger argument escalated. It was neither the time nor place for that. Instead, he let out an exasperated breath and held his hands up in cautious defense. "Perhaps it's time we divorce then," he said softly. "It's long overdue. We're not happy, Cecilia. We never have been.  What's the point of even trying?"

Cecilia huffed and her face reddened. It was the usual response. "Not this again," she spat. "I will not be in the limelight of something as scandalous as divorce."

"You're being unreasonable," he replied. "Divorce is a common-"

"Enough," she cut in with a hint of finality. "I can't believe you're doing this again."

He couldn't get another word in before the woman stormed out of the room, leaving him sitting there on the bed with his face buried in his hands.

Enough, indeed.

Celegwen

"Was Bianca involved in that?" A smooth voice said from the doorway. Victor stood in the doorway to the room where Lady Ansley had stormed out of. He leaned against the frame with his arms crossed and a sympathetic smile. "She has a habit of causing trouble before slipping away."

"My lord," Anna said in her Thanati accent, approaching Victor and putting her hand on his arm. "You are missing your party."

He placed his hand over hers and kissed her on the forehead. "Go back to the ball, my dear," Lord Victor said. "I'll join you shortly." Anna laid a brief kiss on his lips, before turning on her heel and walking away. The man walked into the room with Emmett and smirked. "That woman will be the death of you," he said. "Honestly, don't divorce her. If you get a divorce, she will chase you for the rest of her life simply out of spite, not love. Stay married to her, let her fuck who she wants, and you fuck who you want. Lead completely separate lives, but sleep under the same roof. You'll be no different than half of the couples here tonight. Just don't make a foolish mistake."

Lord Victor bowed to Lord Emmett and left him in the room to think about what he was going to do. Regardless, the man had a party to host!

He rejoined the party and approached Bianca casually. "I liked Dennis," he said, staring into the crowd. "He was a good server."

"I liked him too," Bianca said slyly. "Well, parts of him." She chuckled and started to walk away. "Enjoy your party, Victor. I'll see you next time." With that, she motioned for the butler to bring her cloak and gloves while she waited at the door.

Lowen Thorn

Emmett remained seated on the bed well after Victor's departure, replaying the words back in his head. Maybe he was right. Hell, he was definitely right. Cecilia was going to make his life hell no matter what, and a divorce may just heighten it.

Maybe he would do just that. Regardless, he needed to clear his head. He found the room, or the noble's home in general, a little too stuffy at the moment. Sighing, he stood from the bed and made his way back into the main hall, spotting Cecilia off in the corner chatting up Lord Baralai. Good, he thought with a little grin before making a break for outside of the home.

Nearing the entrance, he saw Lady Bianca waiting by the door.

He really didn't want another verbal beating, but he just couldn't help himself. Glancing over his shoulder, he eyed Cecilia one more time as she staring daggers at him from across the room before facing forward.

"Leaving so soon?" he asked, slipping through the doorway just next to her. "And here I thought you lived to socialize."

Celegwen

Emmett's voice approached her, and Bianca huffed with a slight chuckle, turning to face him. "You really refuse to take no for an answer, don't you?" Looking him up and down briefly, she smirked. "Stupidly charming, unfortunately."

The butler came back with her belongings and held the cloak up for her. She turned around, allowing him to drape it over her shoulders, then she tied it quickly in front. After, she slipped on her lace gloves and nodded to the butler.

Gesturing briefly to the door, Bianca tilted her head to the left with a raised brow. "I trust you had a pleasant discussion with our host," the woman said. "I'm going for a brief stroll before departing, if you would join me." Snapping her fingers twice, the butler reappeared. "Fetch Lord Ansley's coat, sir. He could catch his death out there. And you, Lord Emmett, don't dawdle. I'm not waiting for you, and I'm much faster than I appear."

At that, the woman bowed her head to him and walked out the door, not allowing him time to respond.

Lowen Thorn

He'd be a fool to turn that offer down.

The unexpected invitation left a hint of surprise on his face, but he offered an accepting smile right before the woman walked off. 'Move it or lose it, Higgins,' he thought as the butler rushed off to retrieve his coat, completely unaware of the man's actual name. It only took a moment, and quickly he was slipped into his coat and out of the door.

She was no liar, he thought, as he had to pick up his stride in order to catch up with her. As he reached her, he chose to remain silent as he walked side by side with the lethally desired woman known as Lady Bianca.

Celegwen

The nighttime air was a refreshing change for the vampiress, as she walked to the fading sounds of forced socializing and the growing chatter of crickets and other creatures of the night. Bianca looked at the waning crescent moon halfway up the sky and grinned to herself. A repetitive padding grew louder, and she didn't need to turn her head to know Emmett was approaching her.

When the man caught up to her, she didn't say a word, simply walking beside him to the sounds of night. Bianca was quite capable of beginning a conversation, but she was waiting to see if he was the type to speak before she did. Thankfully, he was wise enough to keep quiet.

"You're not afraid of me," she said after a period of silence. "Most of the sheep inside are unable to even hold my eyes for too long, your wife included, yet you actually held a conversation with me. And now, you have the courage to have a walk alone at night." Bianca turned to look at him. "Why are you not afraid?"

Lowen Thorn

Emmett continued to walk next to the woman, not answering right away but instead closing his eyes as the nighttime breeze cut through his hair. Finally, he tilted his head to face her, the look in his expression more curious than anything else.

"I don't understand the question," he said softly, not breaking his stride. "What is there to be afraid of? Perhaps some may be a little intimidated by the presence a real woman, but I am not. Fear never got a man anywhere."

That was his honest truth, as far as he could tell. There was certainly something strange about Bianca, but the feeling in his gut made him more excited than wary.

Celegwen

"Fear, Lord Ansley, keeps a man alive," she said. "It's cowardice that never gets you anywhere. Do not confuse the two."

She chose not to address the other part of his statement. Lying of course was no issue for her, but she preferred to save it for when it was necessary. There's nothing more tedious than having to remember too many lies she told to different people.

"There is a purpose to the invitation I gave you," Bianca said, looking in his direction. "What did you and Lord Victor discuss? Our host never strays from his affairs for anything insignificant."

Lowen Thorn

What a sting. He felt like he couldn't say anything right around this woman, yet somehow that just intrigued him more. Nerves may not have been the best way to describe the feeling tingling through his limbs, but he felt the sheer sense of excitement being alone with her.

He couldn't help but smirk at her question. Of course she had to ask about Lord Victor. He would have to break her of that.

"Just a little relationship advice," he replied softly, his steps aligned with hers. "Why do you ask?"