Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You shouldn't run from your past Can you run from the future

Started by Anonymous, April 04, 2006, 03:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Kayani was running through the street her master trailing behind her trying to catch up, a whip brandished in his right hand. If you think he wouldn’t use it you would be terribly wrong. That whip would have been the death of her if she had stayed. She would have died long ago if she hadn’t had the power to heal herself, along with other things. She tried to do a good job, she really did, but nothing she did was right, she was to dumb, or to clumsy, or even to dark. Can you believe it! One time a man came in the shop questioning about her dark tan skin color, and dark brown wavy curls, and he beat her for it! Can you believe it he beat her for looking odd! Have you ever heard something more ridiculous, but she took it without a word. She hadn’t spoken a word unless it was the magical language she used and even that was always a low murmur. Kayani still hadn’t gotten over her parent’s death, and she doubted that she ever would, it’s been about 5 years and she still hasn’t spoken a word of Common. Even if she spoke regularly she would have been silent through the whole painful thing. He wasn’t at all easy on her. She was expendable, to stupid to even talk.
   She was leaving now; finally leaving. All she had to do was get out of the city. Once she was out of the city the animals would take care of her just as they had done before… before the slave traders caught her. She had ran about five blocks when she suddenly collided with a wagon, her back hitting it creating a stinging pain on the newly formed red welts. She didn’t scream though she had the urge to. It was harder for her to get up and run this time though, and by the time she finally stood she could hear her master screaming, “Catch that girl! Don’t let her get away!â€? She tried to make one final run for it, but the usually neutral wagon owner was angry at her for hitting his cart, so he grabbed her arm pulling her back to him. She tried to get away from him scratching at his arms, but he soon had her arms behind her back, so that she couldn’t do any more harm. Her master turned up panting he murmured thanks to the man and raised his hand as if to slap her, all she did was look him in the eye with utter defiance thinking, If I’m going to die tonight, I’m not going to die without a fight.

Anonymous

Truthfully, Joruriko had been out for a walk. Well, actually to buy some supplies. She had been on her way to one of the stores, and then a dark skinned girl happened to run into a wagon. Joruriko winced at the thought of running into those -it didn't sound all that pleasant. But then she was surprised to watch the following small details, until the part where the man had his hand raised. It didn't matter who the dark skinned girl was -she shouldn't be struck! That was highly unpleasant. Of course, Joruriko was slightly on the bored side of things, so it was no suprise when she summoned her three helpers: Toukon, Kodai, and Takaharu. They were three monkeys, all standing up to 5 foot on all fours, with prehensile tails, fangs and claws they were not the usual 'monkey'.  

Toukon, the largest, thickest, had a black skinned face and hands, a long jagged scar of his left eye. There was also a slight nick on his nose and his tail was kinked in a few places. His eyes were sickly yellow, and his fur was brittle and a mixture of browns, blacks, and reds, often turning into orangey.

Kodai, the smallest, thinnest, with blue eyes and pale fur and pink skin.

Takaharu, gold in color with gray skin and green eyes, and rivaling the size of Toukon, but not as muscular.

It was abrupt, their arrival, and the crowds looked at them suspiciously and with some hints of fear. But Joruriko paid no mind as she directed them -her trio- and Toukon stood, thick and imposing between Kayani and her angry slave-owner. He stood on his hand legs, baring fangs with his shoulders squared, sickly yellow eyes gazing at the man.

Kodai was sitting off to the side, Takaharu closer, prepared to enter or intervene, he watched this -how would it play out, them opposing the great Toukon?

Joruriko showed up purposely late, pretending to look absolutely astonished that her three lovelies were being such a public nusiance!

"Oh my! I am incredibly sorry, Toukon just is very sensitive to violence. And he's such a mischevious creature," She said, walking over and feigning embarrassment and mortification.

But neither she or her monkeys moved.

(Ahaha, hope you don't mind?)

Anonymous

OOC: I don't mind at all, I was just waiting for some random stranger such as yourself to post. So, thanks!

BIC:
Just as her master went out to strike her a huge monkey stood in between them. She gave a small inner smile at this though she knew it wouldn't exactly be the right time to smile now. Just as she knew that as much as she wanted to she shouldn't go and pet the monkey yet. She noticed that everyone was scared of it, then again it wasn’t exactly the friendliest sight, but any type of animal was good for her. Her power gave her some kind of special connection with her, it's not like they spoke to her in words or that she did that to them, but they just knew what the other wanted them to know, it was very strange. So she stayed deciding that if she ever got out of this mess alive, and somehow managed to get free, she would try to find them and talk to them.

When the girl came over apologizing for her monkey who she now knew was named Toukon, her master put his hand down in mild surprise. Although the girl apologized she didn't move, and Kayani decided that this girl seemed to be nice, maybe she'd help her get away. It would be difficult, but... never mind that though, she wasn't going to risk this girl getting in trouble for her. It was a bad idea.

Her thought's suddenly crashed back into the present as her master said in his snide voice, "Excuse me miss, but this stupid slave needs to learn her lesson." She wondered if the girl would back down, if Toukon would. She wondered if it was a good idea to, what her master would do if she did defy him. There was nothing she could do but watch though, so that's exactly what she did was sit there and watch. Even as she did so her muscles tensed ready to run or fight if she had to. She would fight for as long as she was conscious, she would do whatever she could to ensure that she wouldn't go back there.

Anonymous

[ooc] cool! :) [/ooc]

"I'm sorry, but Toukon has a mind of his own..." Joruriko ventured, hiding the grin as the monkey's chest bulged, his lips lifting, baring his fangs.

"Your ignorance surpasses all human stupidity," Toukon said in a deep voice, his prehensile tail curling around his leg.

"Slave, you said?" Kodai asked, standing  up beside Toukon, her pink hand resting on his arm.

"Are you selling?" The pale, female monkey asked.

It seemed odd they could talk aloud and in common no less. But that was just one of their many powers.

Joruriko didn't say much, but turned to the dark skinned girl with a smile. Her monkeys were independent and often understood her goals easily and then found their own way to deal with it. Toukon, the force. Kodai, the skill. Takaharu, the compromiser. In each of their own way, they worked around themselves and everyone else, but all for the goals of Joruriko.

Still, the monkeys were a firm, opposing barrier between the 'owner' and 'slave'. Takaharu, the only monkey not separating them curled around the other side of the group, standing back and to the side. In all cases, they were forming a blockade around the girl -Joruriko on the right side, Takaharu to the left, and then Kodai and Toukon between the owner and slave. Mischief meant they weren't afraid to steal away the poor girl. That would definitly be an interesting event.

Anonymous

The girl said that Toukon had a mind of his own, and then he began to talk, and what he said was hilarious to her, but she had learned how to control her emotions long ago so she only showed a very small smile thinking, it's funny because it's true. Then another one came up asking if he would sell her, she realized that a third was nearby, and the girl smiled at her making her realize that if her master didn't sell her, this girl would easily steal her. She wasn't sure if she should trust this girl, but then again her trust had died long ago, and she was; well, anybody would be better than her current master who had a the funniest mixture of shock and horror on his face. Once he regained himself he grumbled in an obviously agrivated voice directed at the girl, "You wouldn't want a stupid trouble maker like this one. She can't even talk." Kayani indignantly glared at him thinking out loud (or in other words the monkey's could hear her) I can speak, and I'm not dumb! WHy would anyone want to speak to such an ignorant idiot anyway! She didn't realize she was doing it but they could hear her all the same.

She wondered why this girl cared, and how far she would go until she just ran with the girl. Kayani knew that if she offered him enough money, which didn't have to be all that much, he would gladly get rid of her. It's not like he ever cared before anyway. Right now she didn't even care though, and honestly part of her, the still angry spiteful part, wished that the girl wouldn't offer him money so that he'd be out of a slave, without money, and in shame for letting her escape. If you added 20 whippings to that she would have called it even, but as it was just getting away would be enough.

Anonymous

"We could steal the girl. Toukon would easily persuade him to stop any idiotic, futile chases," Kodai suggested.

"Ah, we could... But he may get others involved. And he may take her back on grounds that it wasn't legal," Takaharu interjected, waggling a gray index finger at Kodai's suggestion of stealing.

The monkeys didn't seem to mind they were speaking aloud -in front of the owner. But they all seemed highly amused by the slave-girl's comment. But Joruriko ignored their giggles and amused monkey-faces and slipped a hand into the sash tied and wound around her waist, pulling out a velvet money pouch. She pulled out three copper coins, a bronze coin. She was unwilling to part with a silver or gold coin so early when it was possible he'd take this much.

"How is this?" she said, offering the coins while her other hand curled around her money pouch protectively, hiding it from sight.

Kodai peered at the coins, but Toukon never stopped looking at the 'owner'. How despicable! Well, how stupid. As so many people seemed to be. Takaharu seemed the calmest, leisurely holding his place if the worst came around.

Anonymous

They began speaking out loud to each other about just stealing her, which made Kayani want to laugh, because she doubted that many people would stand against these monkey's. They all chuckled lightly at her statement which made her want to laugh all the more though all she did was let her smile creep a little larger. Then the girl offered him three coper coins and a bronze coin. Her masters face turned red with anger as he tried to bargain with her saying, "I paid about twice that price....." He was cut short though as he took a look at the three large monkey's and suddenly changed his mind. SO he grumbled "Your being cheated by giving me even this much. She isn't worth a penny, to stupid, and clumsy, and.... " His voice slowly drifted off. Suddenly it dawned on her, He doesn't own me anymore! I never have to see his ugly face again, or feel his whip, or.. or..! She was so excited she wanted to jump for joy, but she kept her cool, not sure if this would be the brightest thing to do. Plus it wasn't like she was free. She just had a new master to serve now, that was the only difference. Maybe she would be kinder, maybe Kayani could earn her freedom one way or another. No, she knew that people didn't like to let go of there property, what ever they paid good money for, and this girl had paid good money on her, so she would serve her, just thankful to be away from him.

He steped up taking the money from the girls hand saying, "She's your problem now." As he walked away Kayani smirked at her latest thought as she murmered in her language under her breath. As soon as he reached the other side of the street he feel down straight on his face and when he stood up his nose was broken and bleeding. Kayani smirked at him lifting an eyebrow and saying to the monkey's, Sorry, the words just slipped. He turned and saw her expression and began to come closer to her in an another attempt to attack her, but he didn't even get half way across the street before she murmered a few more words so quietly that no one could hear, although they saw her mouth moving, then he was lifted into the air. He screamed out of terror and she thought that she should have done this soner. She spared a glance at her new eyebrow wondering if she highly disaproved or not, she would obay if the girl gave her an order, but she rather hoped to weasel an appology out of this scum before she let him down.

Anonymous

After the arrangements had been made, Joruriko made a quelling motion, shaking her head at the dark-skinned girl. She gave a smile, but she looked at the man. She raised a should slightly and sighed -but all her body language was jumbled and probably unreadable by those who didn't know her. She watched what followed, and noted the movement of the girl's lips and falsely apologetic words. She was the one doing it.

"I"m sorry, but you I wont allow you to do that. He may not be worthy of your respect -but it's done, and it's over with," Joruriko said calmly, making another calming motion to the three monkeys that lapsed back onto all fours.

"Kodai, Takaharu, and Toukon," Joruriko said, introducing each monkey with a wave of her hand, they each nodded to the former-slave girl.

"I'm Joruriko.... I don't ask of you to be my slave. But a companion would be nice... What's your name?" Joruriko said, smiling as she brushed her bangs on each side of her face, arms crossing over her chest.

"But, anyway, I want to get to the supply store," Joruriko said, heading off to the store and turning in, looking through supplies -all the necessary equipment for a traveller.

Anonymous

The girl said to put him down so she muttered a few more words and he fell to the ground slowly though she itched to drop him. The girl introduced the three monkey's and asked for her name. She said she didn't want her as a slave but until she could pay the money back she would be. Kayani was fair. Looking back at the girl she put up a finger meaning 1 minute then she turned to Kodai, Tadaharu, and Toudon saying silently to them, Can you please tell her I don't speak out loud, but my name's Kayani, and I'm sorry for her trouble... oh yeah, and tell her I'm going to serve her until I can pay her back. With that she looked back at the girl waiting for one of them to tell her.

OOC: Sorry it's so short but I have to get ready for school.

Anonymous

Kodai turned to Joruriko, gesturing to Kayani and touching Joruriko's shoulder as the girl scanned through the supplies, picking things up and examining it. But Kodai insisted after a moment and Joruriko sighed and turned towards the pale female monkey, raising a brow.

"The girl is Kayani - she doesn't speak aloud, but speaks to us. She's sorry for the 'trouble' she caused and she wants to serve you until she repays back the debt," Kodai transferred the information to Joruriko.

"Only if you want - but I don't need help. I have these three, and there as close to having a servant or slave as I ever want to get. Hell -they're more like friends then even pets. And no trouble at all," Joruriko said, picking up a flask.

Her last flask broke -a crack straight down the middle. It had soaked through her pack and made her generally unhappy. She had to find some herbs... and oh yeah, bandages. She walked over and grabbed some, making a kit and dropping it into the sack. She sighed and turned to Kayani.

"Is there anywhere you want to go? Or visit or anything...?" Joruriko said, unsure how to talk to a girl who didn't speak aloud.

(mines not good either... getting ready to go to the next class)

Anonymous

The girl ignored Kodai at first, but Kodai was peristent and she eventually listened to her. Kodai told the girl Kayani couldn't speak and that she would stay until she could pay her back. The girl said that she didn't need any help, but Kayani could be stouborn and was not going to leave that easily, but the girl also said she could come along anyway. Then the girl asked Kayani if she had anywhere she wanted to visit or go. Kayani just shook her head. She knew that at first it was odd to talk to people this way, but they would both get used to it. Soon enough the girl would get used to her body language, and just to make it easier if she had to explain smething she could always tell Kodai, Toukon, or Takaharu explain. This wouldn't be so bad after all.

She looked back at the girl a silent question on her face, what else do you need. You would actually be surprised how easy it is to read people's body language if you looked at it. Especially if you knew the person. She hoped that the girl would note her expression, she didn't want to have to send the monkey's around messaging between them all day. It would be a serious waste of time, and it would just be rude to turn them into messagers.

She looked at the girl and at the rest of there compaions happy that the girl said she treated them like friends. She couldn't stand people who treated there animals badly, that was one of her many beatings. She saw someone about to strike a street dog and she ran in between them. Then her thought's drifted to living with the animals for a few years, and then back to the present, she was just thinking about where they might go when she decided that she really didn't care. She just wanted to be out of this city, she was traped her long enough, it was due time to leave. So she turned back to the girl the same question laying on her face.

OOC: I wish I could RPG at school.

Anonymous

"I need to make a few more stops -weapons, essential utilities, and for food," Joruriko ticked off the things she needed on her fingers.

"Right now.. I'm getitng the utilities," she added, picking out the things she needed and walking to the counter, laying down coins on the counter, receiving change she turned and walked out of the store, waving Kayani and her monkeys to follow.

It seemed, for the time being, Joruriko chose to ignore the girl's question. When there was a person who couldn't, or wasn't willing to talk aloud, it made life just a little bit easier, she thought. She turned, glancing at her monkeys and making two hand motions -quite different from eachother, and then slicing downwards and across in an 'X' in the air, and Takaharu and Toukon vanished in a puff of smoke. She glaned at Kayani, deciding to explain what had happened to all except Kodai.

"You see, Kodai, Takaharu, and Toukon are all summonings from a different plane of existence. It's one of my abilities -by forming a blood contract those three come when I summon them. But it also takes energy to call them forth and keep them here for prolonged periods of time. And I need to conserve energy -otherwise it wouldn't be such a problem. I was injured a while back, and to work on building back my original strength, it's best to keep out Kodai -she needs less energy to be brought out, but she's capable in fighting," Juroriko explained.

Joruriko glanced around and turned into another store, examining weapons but quite obviously attracted to the ones that needed less attention -small, concealable weapons. She bought them then quickly stowed them away on her person. She smiled at Kayani and turned out, finally coming to her last destination, walking up to a stall and buying food that'd keep both her and Kayani for quite a few days. She shifted the food into her pack and turned to Kayani, then looked down the roads.

"Perhaps we should go to the city. I need work... My last job has given me quite a bit of money... But, still," Joruriko said, flipping her hand and turning, headed out of the town to the city.

(maybe on the echoes board we should put up a post and think of a plot or something and get people involved ^^? UNLESS you have something in mind...)

Anonymous

The girl told her what they needed to get counting off her finger's. Then she finished up in that store and wondered over to the next one. Before they got there though Joruriko made a few hand signals and two of the three monkey's dissapeared. Kayani cocked her head to the side slightly, then Jorurkio explained and she just shrugged. Shrugged was a usual reply from Kayani, since a shrug supplied many different meaning's. THey turned into the weapons store first and as Jorurkio looked at the weapon's obviously looking at the one's easily concealed Kayani couldn't help but be surprised that it had actually been 6 years since she held a blade. She wondered if she could even use one now, but she didn't have much time to dwell on it since Jorurkio was heading to the next store.

Here she bought some food for them before saying that they should probobly go to the city so that she could get some work. Kayani rolled her eye's at Jorurkio before saying to Kodia,   Can you please tell her that I could work. It's part of the whole servant thing that she orders me to do stuff. Plus it'll give me a chance to work off my debt. She wanted to be free, she would most likely end up staying with them even if she was free, but it was just the thought of being free, she wanted it so badly, and it was so close. If only she could find some way to grab it.

OOC: No I don't ahve any idea's, and we really should post on the echoe's bored for a plot, a plot amy just help. *give's smile* OH, and sorry that my posts short but were watching my baby cousin so I've been on and off.