Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Skaramoosh's Limits

Started by Skaramoosh, July 27, 2018, 04:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skaramoosh

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

EVERYTHING. I like things that are somewhat complicated or thought-provoking, and the more morally grey the better. If it ends up drastically changing the way your character views things or behaves then it's especially interesting to me...particularly if it goes a way you don't expect. Can you tell I like to fly by the seat of my pants yet?

I particularly like spoopy themes, eldritch and psychological horror, but I also like wholesome slice-of-life stuff too, and adventurous forays that can result in high-stakes things.

My favorite kind of relationships are the ones that people can get passionate about when they talk about, the kind that you can turn around to the other person and say; Hey, I REALLY like where this is going. Can we do more? Why do they act this way, what did they think about this?
Being able to enthuse about your favorite things in a thread together really makes me smile, whether it's a friendship, a rivalry, a romance, enemies, whatever!

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

If I'm honest, long and protracted things with little interaction. If there's very little for my character to do or make a note of in a way that can involve others and make it easy for them to respond, it loses fun for me. I don't like feeling like something is..one sided, or that I need to 'drive' things for both sides to enjoy it. That doesn't mean that it all has to be action either. c:
And...pity party situations. If a character is just a long series of unfortunate events it gets dull. Unless it's like...comedic value and they're upbeat? It's like trying to have a conversation with someone who only talks about what medical ailment they have this week. You end up rolling your eyes and trying to change the subject, then feeling bad about it...right?

What are your favorite character types to play?

Messed up, flawed, brutally human characters if I'm honest. Perfect characters bore me. I like to be spontaneous and let the character dictate their behaviour, even if I personally disagree, because it opens up new 'why did they do that?' avenues for me that lets me get a better insight. it wouldn't be the first time something has slipped out that surprised me with 'Oohhh...they're a giant racist!' or something similar.

That doesn't mean they're all psychopaths or incapable of being 'normal.' Actually...I sort of prefer the ones that are deceptively simple...then come out with something shocking. Hehehe. :B

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?

Mostly a pantser, unless you have a specific plot or theme that you want to achieve, then we can aim to accomplish that together. I enjoy seeing new things I didn't know before popping up about a character, someone else's or my own. I tend to enjoy the journey as much as - if not more than - the end result.

How do you feel about group threads?

This is fine. A post order is good though, because then people don't feel like they're left out. Unless they're taking a very long time to respond, in which case I may ask if they mind being skipped over...but I usually nudge people first.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?

If I haven't responded in 1-2 weeks then poke me. It's probably because I've gotten sidetracked or swamped with life, or don't have the energy. Normally I try to do some posting every couple of days, if not every day if I've the muse to do it.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?

Idk..3 weeks, a month? If there's been no response in a month or so then I'll just assume it's dead, but I'll probably ask you first before writing it off.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?

It's okay. I'm not sure how people feel about it or whether they consider it 'canon.' I'm happy to make posts in the same style on the board...I guess, just ask?

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?

This is fine, if you've the time and incentive. I've done it a few times but it does require having the free time to do it.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?

Whichever. I try to match my partner usually. Sometimes things turn into long posts if there's a lot to describe like setting a scene but please don't feel you have to do the same. I much prefer quality over quantity.
100 words of something you can't possibly miss responding to is much better than 500 that say nothing at all. c:

Any RP styles/habits that you love?

Imagery. Whether it's rough and crude or flowery and delicate, a good image speaks for itself and will show with the writing.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?

Weirdly enough...lots of short sentences strung together made of very blunt observations. Sorry. It irks me and makes it hard to read fsr. And 'dark black.' :I
'He picked the chair up. Put it down. Sat on it. It squeaked. Everyone stared.' etc.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?

If you want to grab my character, swing them around, slap them about a bit or cut them up, go for it. If you want to cut bits off of them or put some fresh holes in them, I prefer you to leave it open ended for me to decide (if you're not discussing it with me) or simply..ask. I'm usually okay with this kind of thing but it never hurts. Well, except for the character. Hue.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?

If something happens between characters naturally, that's totally cool, be it a relationship, a fling, a rejection, whatever. I'm generally not really a pre-planning person, because trying to fit a character to something that may turn out to just not gel well with them can be..painful. Unless it's like...they were/are married in their backstory or something.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?

Pretty much okay with everything. If I'm uncomfortable I'll just straight up tell you. If you're not sure, ask me. I don't bite. Usually. Often. Much. Actually you might wanna...keep your distance.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?

No limits, though it's probably something you want to talk about. Unless it's a surprise in which case, go for it, it could be hilarious or heartwarming. Or heartbreaking.

What about healing?

Kinda situational...things like healing a disability would be...miraculous. Healing cuts and bruises or curing the sick? Mending bones? That's alright. Giving a character back their legs after an emotionally exhausting plot where they lost them? Eh...not..entirely sure. I guess it depends how powerful the magic is and how you acquire it.

What about characters being transformed against their will?

'Natural' things like vampirism and lycanthropy are alright, just tell me if something like that is your intent because if my character isn't cool with that, I need to plan for them trying to undo it. Maybe it becomes their new arc. c:
Transforming them via magic? Temporarily is alright, just tell me how long it lasts. If it something more permanent, then again like the vampirism etc, talk to me about it first. Trying to run a bar when you've been turned into a little hairy spider could be a bit difficult.

Anything else?

I was joking about the bite thing. Feel free to message me or find me on discord, I enjoy talking plotty things and helping your characters achieve their goals. c: