Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Nerium's W&Ls

Started by nerium, September 04, 2018, 02:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerium

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I love most kinds of plots but I like action-packed plots & drama in my relationships, though I've done pretty calm slice-of-life stuff too, so basically I'm good with anything and everything. The most important thing for me is the dynamic between the characters!

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I don't like 100% romance-centric roleplays. Other than that I can't really think of anything! I'm up for everything at least once usually :)

What are your favorite character types to play?
I gravitate towards characters with really big personalities that tend to have a lot of personal problems & unhappiness. I'm personally very dramatic and I think that comes out in my characters haha

Granted, I tend to wing most of my characters and let their interactions and the plot polish their initial personality!

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I'm absolutely a pantser, but I also like threads with an end goal and then seeing how that's achieved organically through rp

How do you feel about group threads?
Big fan!

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
A safe bet is at least once a week, though depending on my enthusiasm and spare time I can reply faster. But that's the best I can promise

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
A month? Two months? I don't mind waiting! I'm a turtle myself, though if you think you're going to take that long a heads-up is always great!

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Never tried it, so can't really say

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
Have done and can do when I'm sufficiently inspired! But it's definitely a break from my usual posting routine

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
On the longer side, though I try not to let word count influence my post

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I'm big on introspective thinking in my posts, and I like diving into the character's emotions and thought-processes pretty deeply. I also really really love OOC contact and discussion about the roleplay. Some of my favourite situations and headcanons have come from those talks, not the rp!

Also my writing is big on imagery and thought and can sometimes be flowery, but I hopefully don't stray into the purple prose territory!

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Can't think of much other than that I enjoy a relaxed partnership with the people I'm rping with. Please trust me to respond when I'm able!

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

Not a fan. But this is the sort of thing that can be easily discussed outside the rp so if someone asks first, I'm all for it!

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)

I can pre-plot or let them grow or whatever. Romance of any kind is fine for me, though I'm not a fan of huge age gaps personally.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?

My comfort level is pretty high but again, I think it's something that can be discussed prior to the roleplay! I don't like gratuitous violence at all, and some things (e.g. sexual assault, etc.) I'd prefer to reference than write out explicitly. I'll just say if a proposed plot point makes me uncomfortable

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)

Not something I've ever roleplayed, and not something I think I'd be interested in doing

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)

Bit of a deus ex machina but can be useful for moving plots/character growth, so I'm okay with it

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)

Yes!!

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)

Pretty much just that I'm secretly an 80 year old grandma and not really the fastest rper out there, so please bear with me! :]

also obligatory "any questions? please ask!"