Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kicking up Dust (Eckhart)

Started by Icy, October 24, 2018, 12:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icy

Loud snoring resounded throughout the tiny, ten person dorm in the middle of the night. It happened most nights, but it was particularly bad that night, and it always came from the bunk directly above Susie, which belonged to no other than Saria Colton, perhaps the brattiest child at the Academy. With her body used to relaxing on the finest mattresses, beneath the finest blankets, and with a warm hearth to her front, the tiny, twin-sized bed she now slept on left much to be desired.

Constantly repositioning herself, the old, wooden bed creaked consistently throughout the night, yet this did not wake the hopeful mage, and neither did the weight of gravity upon her legs as they hung off one of the long sides of the bed as her head did the other side, her recently cut, wavy golden hair resting above the bunk below.

Even while sleeping, the girl had to be terrorizing somebody. Unfortunately for Susie, that person had been her since their enrollment.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Sometimes, Susie felt Wyrdwood Academy must have something against her.

The redhead lay in her bunk, eyes wide open. How her roommate managed to be worse when she slept than she was when she was awake never failed to baffle her. Still she supposed it could be worse...

A particularly loud snore caused Susie to flinch. "Scratch that." she thought, eye twitching. "Nothing is worse than this."

Quietly slipping out of bed and climbing the ladder to the top bunk, Susie peered at Saria. As she suspected, the noble-born girl was sleeping flat on her back. The redhead's brow furrowed. If she rolled Saria onto her side, would the snoring stop?

The Verdan girl gingerly reached out her hand, and would attempt to move Saria without waking her up...

Icy

"Heheh... stop it, Pudd... aww, you're so-- AAH MY DRESS!" She shot up like an arrow, panting heavily and looking around with wide, frightened eyes, only to be scared further by the dimly lit face peeking up from under the bed! Scrambling for her blankets and kicking her legs, she finally grabbed hold of them and flipped so her body was face-down, curled up like a snail with her butt in the air.

"P-P-... Please don't eat me, ghost... o-or my clothes... I-I've always been a good girl," She lied. "I don't deserve th-this, so... I know! Eat the girl sleeping below. Nobody will even remember Susie..." Only sniffling at first, the girl began to let out soft sobs in fear for her life.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Susie's cautiousness didn't pay off- Saria woke up in a panic, whimpering something about a ghost. The redhead found herself stifling a giggle at her bunkmate's initial reaction, covering her mouth quickly. She didn't want to be somebody who laughed at others- not when she knew all too well what it felt like being on the opposing end of it.

"Nobody will even remember Susie...'"

The girl froze. "She's right, you know." a voice in her head chimed in. "Everbody would be happier if you disappeared."

Susie sank back into her bed, eyes like dinner plates. She ignored the other girl's muffled sobs, hugging her legs tightly. Breathing sharply, the girl began picking at an oddly shaped scab on her wrist. "T-that's not true..." she murmured softly, sounding incredibly uncertain. "I-I have people who be- who believe in me..."

Icy

"Y-You're a monster! Of course people believe in you! You live under peoples' beds, in their closets,  and it's a nana's job to chase you away! Don't feel bad-..." When she peeked her head out to look for the dejected monster, she didn't see anything. Then, her face went pale. Slowly, she turned herself toward the edge of the bed and looked at Susie from upside-down, her ridiculously long hair hovering a foot from the ground.

"Uh.. heheh... heyyy, Susie! Sorry-- did I wake you up?" She asked. "Uhm... you're the monster, right? I-... I didn't mean what I said! So don't tell the teachers! Okay?" She seemed less concerned about Susie and more concerned about her own well-being. "You spooked me, and... I said things I didn't mean about you, so..." She looked away from the girl toward their other sleeping classmates.

"Umm... Oh, I know! Do you wish to try on one of my dresses?" She asked. "I think that you will look very pretty in it! So... don't cry, okay? I don't like crybabies." She was certainly one to talk.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Susie looked to see Saria's face peering down at her. The redhead's eyes were puffy, as if she was mere seconds away from breaking into tears. "She's lying to you." a voice said. "You know that."

Susie shook her head violently, trying to push these thoughts out of her mind. "I-it's fine..." she said, trying very hard to make her smile look natural. "Y-you don't need to go to t-the trouble! I'm okay, really!"

Icy

"I'm not going to take 'no' for an answer!" She argued, lifting her legs up into the air before allowing them to tip backwards, her back arching at a strange angle before her body flipped back over to land elegantly on her feet. She landed facing away from Susie, which was good for Saria, as a lone tear ran down from her eye... Well, even though it hurt, she still looked super cool, and that's what mattered to Saria!

Clearing her throat to cover up a small whimper, the girl stepped toward her armoire and spread its doors open to reveal several brightly colored dresses that Susie had likely seen Saria wear in the past, a couple of them being enchanted dresses crafted by skilled magic users. The girl poked her tongue out of the side of her mouth as she sifted through them, until she finally pulled out a lime-green dress with white accents and frills!

"Hehe, here! The perfect one to match your hair," She declared, holding the dress and a pair of 2-inch wedged sandals that matched the clothing, before setting the former on the bed and the latter on the floor. "I'll turn around, but let me know if you need any help with it! Oh, I know you'll look just gorgeous in it! All the boys won't be able to look away~," She teased as she crossed her arms and turned around.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

A soft "Whoah" escaped Susie's lips as her roommate gracefully jumped from the top bunk. "That was so cool..." she thought as she got out of bed. She gripped her arm tightly, nervously looking at the floor. "I wish I could do that..."

The redhead gingerly took the dress offered to her, looking it over. Her heart began to race. She'd never gotten to wear anything this fancy before! Was it really okay? What if something happened and she ruined it? Would Saria hate her? Cautiously the girl disrobed, slipping out of her itchy wool pajamas and into the frilly dress...

Or at least, she tried.

The dress turned out to be very tight fit. Saria was both shorter and slimmer than Susie was, and from the looks of it the outfit was tailor made to fit her. The skirt rode up too high on her legs, and the top made it breathing a chore. It didn't even match her hair! "Um..." Susie murmured. "P-please don't laugh..."