Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kazire's Wants and Limits

Started by Kazire, November 17, 2018, 11:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazire

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm pretty flexible. I like all sorts of plots and relationships so long as it happens naturally and feels organic. A big adventure is always great with me, but small interactions can be fun too. Romance is fine. I guess the thing that I really enjoy is character development and delving into the history of all the characters involved, and all the drama surrounding that-- granted I'd really only think that'd happen after a really long time in a plot.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I don't do well with straight horror. I'm fine with elements of it, like if the characters get into a bad situation, but if it's the main focus that'll be a no-go for me. I also tend to not care for plots focused on royalty/castle life too much but I'd give it a go if prompted.

What are your favorite character types to play?
All sorts, but I'm a sucker for characters with messed up pasts. Whether they're broody about it or in total denial I love the underlying stress and potential for a mental break. The only thing I really don't do well are wise/sagely characters or anyone who's supposed to be scholarly... Not sure what that says about me, though rofl.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
Either, mix of both, pretty much indifferent. I guess if there's a skeleton of a plan to build off of, it makes the chances of running out of things to do slimmer.

How do you feel about group threads?
They're fine, used to do that for awhile. I'd just be concerned about keeping up properly but I'm sure I could get into it.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
It varies, my schedule is very erratic and I travel a lot. Sometimes I might be able to reply multiple times a day, sometimes I'll need a few days to really think it over or get around to it. I'd say give me a week before nudging me.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Probably a week? Longer if there's a heads up.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I'd rather avoid it. I tend to need time to write out a reply, so if it's IM RP then I'd just feel pressure to reply sooner. However, if there's an understanding that IM isn't necessarily "I'm responding asap every single time", then I'd be open to it.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
I like it a lot if it's understood that it's not an everyday thing. I'd even be open to scheduling a set amount of time to just sit down and progress a story a bunch.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Anything and everything, but medium-length posts keep my interest a bit more. I sometimes feel bad if everyone is doing super long, beautiful posts and here I am with my dinky paragraph or two, haha. Short posts are fine long as it's not just like one or two sentences, especially if we're doing the rapidfire thing.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Not particularly?

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I mean other than the obvious godmoding and general inconsiderate RPing, not really.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
I mean, if it's something reasonable and not actually doing harm then I don't mind sometimes. Grabbing at an intense moment, picking up if it makes sense, etc... But I prefer to always be given an out or have it left open ended-- like a character moves to grab/pick up/etc but it's cleared on my end.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
I pppprefer to let it happen organically? But if someone wants to clear it first and ask then that's fine too. Maybe when both parties are super into the story/IC-relationship then we can plan things out. IC-rejection and love triangles is just a part of the game, I live for drama. Age differences would depend on the actual characters, I guess... But obviously nothing super iffy.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
For sex I prefer a fade to black. A little bit of the lead up I can do, but I'm a little meh when it gets to the NSFW bits. Same goes for sexual assault if it's a part of the current plot-- fine with the theme but if it gets too heavy, then a fade-to-black is best for me. Pretty fine most anything else-- violence or drug use is fair game, but if I come across anything I'm uncomfortable with I'll say something.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
Yup that's fine.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Yup that's fine.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
I'm actually a sucker for those types of characters. Go for it.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
Nothing in particular. I'm still learning and I don't know a whole lot of the lore around here so I might be slow to pick some things up. Trying my best though.