Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Plasma's Wants/Limits

Started by Plasma, January 07, 2019, 08:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plasma

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I enjoy a variety of tropes but have a soft spot for the dramatic, funny, and occasionally tragic. A mix of the three leads towards memorable stories, in my experience.
Relationship-wise, I prefer mlm or wlw over heterosexual relationships (from a romantic perspective) but I don't expect characters to not have friends of the opposite (or same) gender, either. Rivals and enemies being forced to co-operate and growing to tolerate one another is one of my favorite relationship tropes.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I don't care too much for plots revolving singularly around action and adventure. Obviously, these are things that I enjoy in the context of a bigger plot, but spending (unnecessary) screen time to battle for battle's sake (rather than as a plot point that affects relationships) isn't my thing.
I don't adore familial relationships (ie a roleplay between parent/child) too much, but I'm not opposed short-term or for flashbacks.

What are your favorite character types to play?
I love to play villains, snobs (rich boys), and naive characters.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I personally like to plan out the setting and general idea, and then let the rest come as we write. If there is a stalemate in the roleplay, I think it can be important to stop and plan it out, but mostly surprises enthrall me.

How do you feel about group threads?
I haven't participated in a group thread in a very long time. I'm wary at the concept.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I try to reply at least once a day. If life gets in the way, I will try to let my partner know. If it's been five to seven days, feel free to nudge me.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Honestly, how long I wait depends on how invested I am and how long we have been going at it. Generally, I will wait 1-2 weeks for a reply before dropping the RP. If it is something long term and I know my partner, I will wait up to a few months.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I'm a-ok with it.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
I don't have a problem with rapid fire RP. However, I do think that at some point it can get so short or fast that switching to an instant messaging app would be more convenient.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
For threads, I prefer a moderate amount of text. I myself tend to make my first post a lot longer than how much I usually write, and dwindle medium from there. I don't really mind how much or little my partner writes so long as they're not writing an unnecesarry amount (ie just filling the thread with useless details) or so little it might as well be a text roleplay.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I've become more fond of paragraph-style (over script) over the years, even if the response itself is short.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I don't enjoy one word (or sentence) responses, illegible responses, or unnecesarrily long responses.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
I generally don't consider it godmodding unless my character has absolutely no option in the matter and it's a serious situation. Landing a punch or picking up my character doesn't bother me, but killing/maiming or initiating a character-altering experience where they have no choice but to do one thing can be annoying. That being said, all of the above could possibly be ok as long as we discussed it OOC.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
I prefer to let relationships happen organically, except under specific situations where I know my partner. I'm open to IC rejection and I'm OK with love triangles although I wouldn't want anything long term. My stance on age difference relationships varies based on the situation. Generally, two adults with under ten years of difference are acceptable to me.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I don't have limits in RP settings that I can think of, and if something came up I would let my partner know discreetly.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
I am fine with pregnancy, miscarriage, etc. I think I would prefer it to be a subplot in most cases, though.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Usually, I don't like this; I think it's cool for characters to have and function with their complications. If it was discussed OOC or the IC character requested it, then it would be different.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
I enjoy this trope due to the body horror aspect, but this is something that defintiley should be mentioned OOC beforehand (even if just a single question before it's initiated).

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
Personally, I'm a monogamous preferring person, but I really don't have an issue with there being multiple canons for a character in which they have different relationships (ie in Canon One Bob is dating Sherry but in Canon Two Bob is dating Andy). Cheating and jealousy plots don't interest me.