Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shy's Wants and Limits

Started by Shy2Infinity, February 09, 2019, 01:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shy2Infinity

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
There's a variety that I don't mind playing but my favorites are adventurous, maybe with a sprinkling of trauma mixed in to give my characters room to grow. I mean, characters being forced to push past some horrible experience and growing as a result? That's some good stuff.

I think character development, plus adventure, and drama; can be a concoction for a good roleplay.

I also don't mind heterosexual relationships or homosexual ones.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Slice of life, I just think it's kind of boring to participate in. Also, roleplays that clearly have no direction.

What are your favorite character types to play?
I tend to play a little bit of everything, well, except villainous ones. But I love fiery characters, with a stubborn streak. I also really love seemingly innocent characters that could also murder a man.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
For the most part, I prefer to plan out the roleplay. We don't have to plan out EVERY detail, but I want us to know how the scene should end exactly. What we do to get there doesn't matter as much.

How do you feel about group threads?
I don't mind them, I suppose. But I tend to shy away from them lately. Not out of introversion, but because I have bad memories about group roleplays.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I currently don't have work or schooling so I tend to be on my computer 24/7, so it wouldn't be surprising for me to send a reply each day. I could do it much sooner but I don't want to burn myself out.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
A week, I suppose? I understand if life tends to get in the way so please shoot me a message if that is so.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I can't really commit to this, I find that my responses are less than perfect in this format.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
I'm afraid that this will cause me to burn myself out, so I don't think I can commit to this.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
My posting style is a little bit on the long side. I don't mind if posts are a little bit on the short side but I absolutely avoid texting style rp, ones that use "*" or "-" for actions. It's just absolutely boring to me.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Character Development. I love, love, LOVE when dynamics between characters change. When at first, they're little more than rivals or bitter enemies and they change from that to begrudging acquaintances to tentative friendship and maybe even something more (we don't have to have them end up as lovers).

I don't want them to just change overnight of course. That takes time! And yes, you may find me messaging you in absolute despair that they're being difficult... That doesn't mean I want their dynamics to change with a snap. I love it when characters are difficult, even if it causes me to get an aneurysm.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Hmm.... Maybe characters constantly doing nothing? Everything has to have a purpose, even just talking to each other means that their relationship will grow.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
I don't mind if someone grabs my characters, or even picks them up. I guess my limit is a character developing an injury as a result of the action. I'm likely going to agree to the action, so just ask me.

I may not agree to my character being killed though...

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
For the most part, I prefer to just let relationships happen organically, until we know for sure that there's actual chemistry between them. I'm open to IC-rejection and I don't really like love triangles to be honest? I don't mind age differences, so long as they're both adults.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
Here's the thing, I'm much more open to gore than smut. For whatever reason. So I'm open to everything above except sex and sexual assault. I don't mind if a character's about to get assaulted, but I don't like participating in smut.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
So long as it's not my character that's pregnant, I may be fine with it. Honestly though, I don't really care for it.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Minor to major injuries can be healed but I like it when characters are forced to live with any disabilities they might have. (One of my characters was magically healed of her blindness once and that's annoying, because that's one of her defining traits. Well, not it itself but the powers she developed that helped her to navigate the world despite her blindness. So her being magically healed was annoying.)

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
I don't mind characters being temporarily transformed but ask me if you have something else in mind.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
I get the feeling that I should mention that I don't mind polyamorous relationships. Some of my characters are even involved in them! This is also why I don't like love triangles because why can't they just be all together??