Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Knowledge and Power

Started by DragonSong, February 16, 2019, 09:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Huh-- why?"

Kiara actually twisted around fully to look at him, befuddled. Then she seemed to realize what she'd said and flushed, added quickly, "Not like-- it's not that I don't want to or anything, you-- I just meant... Well, why would you even want to?"

Razor-D-Belphe

"I've traveled the last three years alone on my quest. It's consumed me. It's all I think about. Thoughts of what I would do after never crossed my mind. Likewise, I never entertained the idea of friendship. In truth, I don't think that's any way to live one's life. I don't like isolation. I just never considered that there was ever an alternative. Perhaps it's time I found a companion."

DragonSong

"Oh. Well..."

She cleared her throat a little awkwardly and looked ahead again. "I guess that depends on what you mean by companion," she tried to joke, "but, yeah. I don't think I'd mind seeing you again."

Razor-D-Belphe

"Huh... Oh! I didn't mean - I - uh -" he uncharacteristically struggled for words. "Friend. I meant 'friend'." he clarified. Awkward silence passed between them. "It's windy up here." Orcus said to fill the silence.

DragonSong

Kiara smirked to herself, just a bit. She couldn't help it. "Yeah," she replied easily, sitting back and closing her eyes with a small, happy sigh. "It is."

She loved flying. Feeling the wind over her face and tangling in her hair, the giddy swooping in her stomach when they took a sharp turn or banked into a dive.

"Shouldn't be too much longer," she told Orcus easily.

Razor-D-Belphe

"Wonderful." Orcus said. "I prefer my ribcage intact. This healer, do you know them personally?"

DragonSong

"Not really. I've met them once or twice, but mostly in passing. Had a broken bone or two fixed, nothing major."

She shrugged, starting to eye the ground below them for a place to land. "Don't really put down roots, me and Kit. Know lots of people in lots of places, but none of them well."

Razor-D-Belphe

"I see." Orcus nodded. "Well, in any case, I trust they are competent."
He felt the ground approaching and prepared for the landing.

DragonSong

"Yeah, they'll get ya fixed alright," Kiara assured as Kit began a slow descent. She settled herself more comfortably on his back, stretching her arms up over her head with a small sigh.

Razor-D-Belphe

"Thank you, again." Orcus said. "I don't think I would have survived tonight had I been alone."

DragonSong

"Damn straight you wouldn't have," Kiara snorted. There was silence for a moment, then she added, "...And you're welcome."

Kit touched down and she swayed with his movement, keeping her seat easily, though she wasn't really thinking about how their second passenger might fare.

Razor-D-Belphe

Orcus tumbled from the dragon's back and face-planted into the ground. Standing up after a few moments, he brushed himself off, trying to hold onto the tattered remains of his pride.

"I see we've landed." he said.

DragonSong

"Oh, shit!" Kiara tried to grab for him, but too late. She couldn't stop herself from laughing, short and sharp, but not really malicious, as she swung down from Kit's back and leaned against his side.

"Yeah, we're on the ground," she chuckled. "You alright there?"

Razor-D-Belphe

"I'll be fine once I'm healed. It's my dignity that's been dealt a heavy blow." Orcus said, straightening his robes. "I appreciate your concern."

DragonSong

She chuckled again and moved forward to take his arm. "Alright, you, c'mon. I'll get you into town." Glancing back over her shoulder, she added to the dragon, "Wait out here for me, yeah? Be back soon?"

Kit rumbled and affirmative and hunkered down with his tail wrapped tight around his body. He was frankly exhausted, and Kiara winced a little guiltily. At least he was finally getting to sleep.

Razor-D-Belphe

Orcus leaned into her, thankful she was there to support his injured body. As they walked, he seized suddenly. A cold chill ran down his spine. He "looked" back over the horizon. For a moment, he was certain something was following them. But then it was gone.

Razor-D-Belphe

"I'm not sure. I thought... well... did you feel that?" Orcus asked, somewhat rattled.

DragonSong

The dragonrider shook her head slowly. "Uh...no. No, I didn't feel anything. You sure you're okay from that fall?" She took his good arm again, trying to guide him into the village.

Razor-D-Belphe

Orcus nodded.

"Yes, I'm fine." he said at last.

He let Kiara take his arm and guide him into the village, anxious to be healed and resume his mission.

"Do you think it would be possible to get access to quill, ink, and parchment?" he asked tentatively as they made their way. "I really should send a letter to Madame Charlotte. I'd need you to write it for me, though."