Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Rp: Rise of Yaztheria

Started by Alexander, the North King, August 07, 2019, 06:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander, the North King

Hey, I have something that I would like to share with people, but first it involves a little backstory on my people.

My people are the mighty Yaztherians, hailing from a frozen continent from the far north. These people are bigger than the average human, having a build and strength comparable to that of orcs. Most of my people are roughly 6-7 feet, with a sub group of people changed by extreme cold and mountains, called behemoths, are 10-15 feet. Finally are giants, cousins of the northmen who are 20-30 feet in height and act as heavy soldiers for the mighty Imperial army. My people are white skinned, with dark brown or black hair, and blue, brown, or greenish eyes. Spending so much time a frozen and chaotic wasteland has made these people as tough as their homeland, which makes them into ferocious warriors. To a Yaztherian, being a succesful warrior, or even part time warrior, is a great source of honor and glory. Even the basic peasant of the empire is expected to, and willing to, fight in the name of their emperor and their god. My people are heavily nordic, but for the sake of fantasy, are also mixed with other Northern Europen cultures such as the slavs and germanians. As such, while their pattern and structural designs are nordic, they have the ability to construct great stone works and buildings, along with being able to equip all of their warriors with armor made of either mail, partial plate, or heavy plate. We also are a bit more technologically advanced than out Southern Neighbors due to necessity. This technology is primarily military, as our lands are abundant with sulfur, which lead us to discover and mass produce gunpowder for out cannon and handguns (medieval arquebus). While our Southern Kin are often skilled in the art of magic and witchcraft and the like, our people have no true understanding or skill in it. Our lands are magically drained and our people not in tune with the elements, so we often rely science and alchemy to survive our harsh homeland.

So my idea for a rp scenerio, for all those who are willing, is to start in the nation of Serendipitty, where the Southerns will meet my people for the first time as a raiding/trading band, lead by their emperor (me) arrive at the South. Keep in mind that this is still in LE'RAANA, but my people are from a distant frozen continent to the north of Le'Raana, so the people of this land have never seen my kind before. Thanks, and please pm me if you got any questions!

Alexander, the North King

*It is a foggy morning on the coast of Serendipitty, and all is peaceful......but suddenly, through the fog, ships begin to appear on the Horizon. These ships.......they are unlike of any design known to these lands, their bows decorated as dragon heads and their sails bearing strange symbols as they sail for shore. From the way they are sailing, they appear to be heading strait for a coastal temple, dedicated to Fyarion. Unkown to the outsiders, who could only see the isolated temple, there was a village on a nearby hill, where a young painter was waiting for a clear in the weather before she, and many other villages, noticed these strange ships heading for shore*