Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cold As Death (Open!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, September 07, 2019, 05:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

It was a chilly Autumn day, and a brisk wind blew through the trees as Wallace hope made his way down the road. The leaves were just beginning to turn orange, having yet to fall off their branches and blow away. The young man gazed at his surroundings wistfully as he walked, enjoying the peace it brought. Darken Vei had always been beautiful this time of year, but he'd rarely gotten a chance to properly take it all in when he was younger...

"What are you waiting for Alex? Just pull it down!"

"I can't, Jason! It's stuck!"

The sound of voices pulled the man from his thoughts. Two children stood by the side of the road, staring up at a large oak tree. Upon getting a bit closer, Wallace could see an expensive looking kite tangled in it's branches. "Ughhh, my dad is gonna kill me..." the boy named Alex whined. "This is his favorite one!"

"You two need help?" Wallace asked, walking towards them. The boys glanced at him quickly, then looked back at the kite.

"It's no use..." the one called Jason said. "It's not like we can just pull harder, it'll rip that way." The boy suddenly looked at Wallace again, eying the man's stave. "Hang on..." he said slowly. "Are you a wizard? Can you like... magic it down?"

"Can you please, Sir?" Alex chimed in, now staring at Wallace excitedly. "I don't want to get in trouble!"

Wallace smiled. "Yeah!" he said, squinting up at the kite. "I can get it down, sure!"

The man closed his eyes, reaching out with his mind as he tilted his stave upwards. The two boys watched him excitedly for a few moments, then grew impatient. "Hey!" said Alex. "Where's the spe- oh Kia..."

The boys attention turned to the ground at their feet, excitedment melting into horror as an emaciated squirrel crawled out the dirt. The tiny zombie moved towards Wallace, who pointed up at the kite. Immediately the squirrel scurried up the tree, grabbing the toy with it's paws. It fidgeted with it for a few moments as it worked to untangle it from the branches, until the kite fell from the tree. "There you go!" the necromancer said happily, turning to look at Alex. "No worries!"

But Alex had already left, dashing down the road in a panic. Jason backed away slowly, shaking his head. "You're one of those bad wizards..." he mumbled softly, eyes as wide as dinner plates. "I'm supposed to stay away from people like you..."

"But... I got it down!" Wallace began, but it was too late. The terrified boy turned to run after his friend, and both soon disappeared from sight. The necromancer sighed glumly as the undead squirrel climbed onto his shoulder. "Nice going, Wallace." he said under his breath. "You ruined everything. Again."