Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fate Ripper

Started by visualspice, August 08, 2021, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She clutched her robe, still staring at the empty spot the 'ghost had been. For the life of her she truly believed he had simply come back.

:"I'm sorry," She began, drawing in a shaky breath as she blinked back tears.  "I.. maybe I did see a ghost." She dropped her gaze, eyes shielded by pale lashes. "I .. I thought I saw my uncle."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CounterfeitFish

In response to her answer, he shook his head. He was still annoyed, but he would rather get back to what he was doing before than make this a big deal.

"Viktus is dead, limbless, and missing a good portion of his blood. He is not here. If there is a ghost, I doubt it can do much." He couldn't know for sure exactly what Naro saw, but he believed it was most likely just nothing.

"Whatever it was, it seems to have vanished. However..." Krenth thought for a moment, considering what to do next. If something actually did appear, he couldn't risk it attacking Narophne. So, he decided he would perform his spells here, where he could keep an eye on her.

"I shall remain here, in case there truly was something that appeared. However, I must ask that I am undisturbed. This is a very...delicate spell, and I am lucky nothing went wrong last time." If something were to go awry, then it could cause horrible things to happen to the priest.

visualspice

Narophne didn't know she had been holding her breath until he finished speaking. She nodded when he spoke about staying in the study. She adjusted the way she sat and apologized.
"I must have just mistook the shadows. I am sorry to have worried you." She chewed on her lower lip and motioned towards a chaise.

"You could sit here if you wish. Or if you'd prefer the settee there's more than enough room if you don't mind that I'll read."
She wasn't sure she could just go back to sleep after that.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CounterfeitFish

"You are fine. No real harm was done, so there is no need to apologize." Looking over at the chaise, Krenth nodded and walked towards it. He took a seat, still looking at Narophne. "Do what you must, I shall not bother you. Now, I must return to my spells."

Krenth closed his eyes and took a deep breath, then began his incantation once more. Dark energy began to flow and swirl around him, his words flowing and melding together as he reinforced his mind. If anybody untrained in the language of Yxdes tried to discern what he was saying, they would hear nothing but gibberish.

visualspice

Despite having gone through what she had, to hear Krenth's strange words along with the strange dark magical glow spiraling around him... she was dumbfounded.  She simply held onto her book... and .. stared. There was something beautiful about the way the darkness spiraled, like Krenth was weaving the midnight sky. But the strange words were unnerving and Narophne wondered what the man was saying.

CounterfeitFish

The description could not be more accurate. Unlike most of his spells, this one was more beautiful than menacing. Strangely enough, the dark aura seemed to be centered on the chaise, never crossing the edge of it. However, Krenth's low chanting was still just as...alien as before.

Krenth seemed totally unaware of his surroundings, wholly devoted to the spell he was casting. Even with the storm that was outside, he didn't move a muscle. Few things could disturb him now, though there was still the chance that one could snap him out of this spell.

visualspice

Narophne realized she was staring. How very rude of her. She tried to tear herself away from simply watching Krenth... and failed miserably when she went to the desk to procure a book and.. kinda sorta knocked over a large pile of them, rather loudly onto the floor.

CounterfeitFish

Even with the loud crash from the books, Krenth barely moved. There was a slight twitch, and nothing more. It would take much more than a few books falling to break the priest's concentration. He continued to chant, the words increasing slightly in pace. There was still a lot of time before the spell would be finished, though.

visualspice

Narophne cringed at the loud noise and turned to Krenth, apologizing profusely when she stopped, blinked, and realized the man hadn't even moved.

"Krenth?"
The realization dawned on her a moment later as she slapped her hands over her mouth before whispering another apology and slinking her way back to the settee.

CounterfeitFish

At the sound of her voice, Krenth inclined his head just the slightest bit. He didn't register what she said, but he doubted it was very important. His chanting continued for quite some time, the pace gradually increasing as the minutes went by.

After a while, his chanting seemed to slow down, as did the swirling energy around him. He was about halfway through his spell, but there was still some time before it was over.

visualspice

Narophne tried her best not to be in the way. But she couldn't sleep nor focus on her book and began to get antsy. At one point she yelped over a paper cut from her book, apologizing to Krenth. Then the lighting was straining her eyes so she lit more candles and not even five minutes later,  knocked one over, burned her hand a little on hot wax and had to put out a small fire. Frazzled, she hoped she hadn't interrupted Krenth. And then the manor cat showed up, and began to knock things over on the shelf.

Panicked, Naro ran over to the feline and it kept alluding her, stepping up higher onto the book shelves or simply jumping away. At one point,  when Naro decided to give up, the cat spotted a moth it wanted to chase and Narophne paled as the damn cat jumped clean onto the chandelier above Krenth!

CounterfeitFish

Cats. Krenth heavily disliked cats. He never knew why, but they were always irritating to him. Luckily for both him and the feline, his attention was held by his spell. However, with each and every thing that occurred, Krenth's concentration began to waver. His chanting slowed even further as he took care to not mispronounce the words, but it was clear that one more good distraction would most likely stop him.

The dark aura began to clear away somewhat, the flowing energy losing some of its substance. However, Krenth was not going to go down that easily. His spell was nearly finished, and he wasn't going to let something as simple as this stop him.

visualspice

THe moth fluttered beneath the unlit chandelier, it's shadows a contrast to the small flicker of light from the candle resting upon the desk. The dancing flames reflected subtly on the brass of the chandelier, and perhaps it is what mesmerized the moth when the cat had chased it from it's initial path. It danced above Krenth's head and Narophne watched as she held her breath, not sure what to do and if the cat were silly enough to try to leap down ontop of Krenth and ruin his concentration.

If only she could...
Oh, she spotted the desk chair and pulled it over as quietly as she could behind the chaise lounger where Krenth remained seemingly oblivious to the antics going on around him. However, once upon it she sighed as she was not tall enough to do much of anything and spotted the tall, towering book shelf ladder and got an idea. If she could somehow coax the cat....

Climbing up onto the ladder, she was finally at height with the chandelier. The only problem was she wasn't  as close to the chandelier as she'd like and tried to lean out over to see if she couldn't grab the chandelier or gain the cat's attention. But the little orange ruffian wasn't impressed and pawed at the moth with no success.

Narophone glared at the damn cat and huffed.
"Come on, Lucy. Come down here.." she cooed, the cat finally turning it's attention to her. Her eyes lit up. "Yes! That's a good Lucy, now come now.. come this way. Come and-" And then the moth suddenly fluttered her way... directly into her face. Not having expected that at all she screamed like a loon, startling the moth that goaded the  cat which set it rocketing into her, that sent the chandelier swinging, her ladder shifting and Narophone was suddenly falling off the book shelf ladder as she continued to scream, books and other paraphernalia raining down along with her.

CounterfeitFish

While all of this went on, Krenth continued the casting of his spell. Things were going mostly well, and there would have only been a few minutes left before it was finished. However, Narophne suddenly fell from her precarious position on the ladder, startling the priest.

Krenth's eyes snapped open, the tall man rising from his position on the chaise. He moved very quickly, catching the falling woman moments before she would have connected with the ground. However, at that moment the effects of his concentration being broken hit him. Krenth half-tossed Naro onto the chaise, the dark energy shooting into his head.

Krenth fell to the ground, crying out in agony as his spell backfired and battered at his mind. This was truly the worst pain Krenth had ever felt, worse than his initiation into the cult of Yxdes, worse than when Naro increased his magical power. Krenth's eyes were still open, but something had changed within them. His one normal eye was now the same as the other, a pure-black void with the same symbol burning within.

As he lay on the ground in pain, Krenth looked...weak. For the first time in years, he lacked the menacing aura he kept with him. He was on the ground for what felt like hours(though it was more like five minutes), clutching his head as the failed spell warped his psyche even further.

Soon, his pained shouts ceased, but Krenth did not move from where he was.

visualspice

Narophne didn't know what happened the moment she fell into his arms and was yelping a moment later when she was tossed unceremoniously onto the chaise. She sat there a moment, stunned before sitting up suddenly at his screams. A moment later she dropped down beside him, panicked as she reached for him, "K-Krenth!" Was he okay!? He looked... and then she spotted the black pitch color of both his eyes and she felt a chilling knot tighten within her belly.

CounterfeitFish

Although he didn't make a sound, the pain of his failed spell remained. He felt his mind being ripped apart by his own energy, and yet he could do nothing. Surely, he would have died or gone insane if Narophne had not been there.

He did not know when the pain would end, if it ever would. However, as Narophne made contact with the priest, he felt the forces assaulting his mind begin to fade away. However, he did not move, nor was he able to do so. Not now, not after what happened. He didn't know if the pain was truly going away, or if this was death.
--------------
OOC STUFF: Didn't know if there was a specific way you wanted the chaos energy to be absorbed by Naro, so I didn't mention exactly how it happened, just that she made contact with him.

visualspice

When she touched him, a strangeness bloomed. Out from the small part Naro had touched, black tendrils that glowed softly with a purplish light budded out around her fingertips,  sparkling like starlight as they began to shift, stretch and grow.

Down along her fingers and hand, the slender black sparkling light dipped down and spiraled up and around her arm before branching out before her form then diving down and around her body like a sideways curling eight.

Narophne was too entranced to do much else in the moment,  having never witnessed the raw curling form of chaos with her own eyes. And just as she found herself being held captive by the dark light,  she found her body expanding with breath as she leaned back to exhale. And in that motion she felt the tickling sensation as if her skin were made of buttons and being plucked open at a seam. She felt the familiar openness of her skin as the gaping hole from her body from earlier came undone.

Her eyes widened. She wished to scream but could not, voice and senses were denied her as the binding curl of black lights tore open from its endless spiral and curled up and around the back of her form. And before Naro new what was happening,  her pale eyes rolled back inside her head, her body dropped limply. But just as swiftly her draping body rose,  floating admit the spiral of light the curled up like a wicked serpent that twisted within itself. And just as it seemed the gnarling tendrils might explode, they shot down suddenly, diving fiercely into the open chest of Narophne. And in a raw surge of power, a blinding darkness clapped out with a noise more violent than thunder.

Then nothing. Nothing at all as all of the darkness had disappeared inside the young woman's form before she fell uselessly and colorlessly to the ground. And as she lay, the open wound slowly began to knit itself back together as if the flesh had never been marred.

CounterfeitFish

While all of this went on, Krenth felt his pain fade away and eventually disappear entirely. He remained as he was for a few moments, unsure if it was truly over. However, his attention was caught by Narophne.

As the dark energy flowed into her, he couldn't do anything but watch in amazement. He had been putting the pieces together the entire time, but now he had solid proof. She was a vessel, meant to hold the energy used by his god and his worshippers. And, judging by what happened earlier, give that energy to someone else. This was truly amazing.

He covered his now-black eyes as he was assaulted with darkness and sound, but soon realized it wasn't hurting him. Krenth slowly stood up, still wary of the situation. However, Narophne was the priority right now. He walked over to the girl, kneeling down next to her. He placed a hand on her shoulder, gently shaking it. He could find out why she interrupted his spell later. Right now, he had to make sure she was alright.

"Narophne. Are you injured?" She seemed okay(mostly), but he had to be sure. It was a lot of energy that she took into herself. He would have attempted to heal her, but he could tell that his spells were starting to affect him permanently. He couldn't use them recklessly, otherwise he would suffer permanent side effects, things that even Naro could not deal with.

visualspice

Narophne remained unphased by his gesture,  her eyes closed but moving beneath closed lids.  By then, the open wound had fully sealed and she looked as if just resting... stuck inside a dream.

CounterfeitFish

Krenth noticed that her wound had fully closed. However, he still looked over it, just to be sure. Upon confirming that it was truly shut, he turned his attention back to Naro, not just her scar. She seemed like she was asleep, and her eyes were moving, albeit shut. He couldn't think of what to do now, and it infuriated him. Almost the entire time he was here, he knew what to do, and how to do it. Now, though? He knew nothing.

He began to pace around the library, waiting for Narophne to awaken. If he could not rouse her himself, he would just have to wait until she woke up, or he knew what to do.