Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fate Ripper

Started by visualspice, August 08, 2021, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Her head was in a whirl, heart thumping inside her ears as she shook her head. She wanted free of those men, of her Uncle that betrayed her. But she also feared this man, whose very presence sent chills to her bone.

"You're just like them!" She shouted back.  "You both speak to the same God! The same God they offered up me." Angered tears clung to her eyes, fist shaking as she held onto her open flap of skin, still fearful with each shake her insides might fall clean out.

"My body is not yours! Not theirs. I will not be some tool to your God!" She dared a step back, eyes burning, desperate and wild.

CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CounterfeitFish

Krenth began to pace back and forth, murmuring obscenities to himself. He was running out of options, but he was slowly gaining answers, the one thing he sought. Though, now the girl was threatening to jump off of a damned cliff! Taking a deep breath, he regained his composure, at least most of it.

"I am not like them. We may worship the same god, but we are far from the same." He took a brief moment to consider his next words, knowing that the situation was incredibly delicate. What was taking Viktus so long? No matter, it was better without him here.

"What would you rather have happen? Would you rather get captured by those...pathetic people, or would you rather escape? You could jump off, but even I don't know what they can do. Weak or not, for all I know they could resurrect you after they find your corpse. I, for one, do not plan on doing so."

His voice had lowered, but it still kept the same cold tone. To be fair, everything he said was true. He saw no need to kill or torture this woman, and at the moment she held at least some value to him. However, he seemed...not oblivious to her obvious anger and fear, moreso that he didn't really care. He picked up upon it all, but he thought coldly. If he had to be nice, he would. If he had to beat the shit out of someone, he would.

visualspice

Her eyes wavered, thinking over all he said. He had a point and so far was the only one willing to help her in this insane moment. She still couldn't believe this was even happening.  Like this was all just a bad dream.

The rumble of an approaching storm sent winds that wrestled the trees and began to toss her long hair wildly about her face, long strands still sticking against her form by mud or sweat.

She set her jaw, hesitating still as her eyes searched his.
"Maybe.. we could help each other," she proposed slowly, careful and still unsure. "I don't know what they've done to me." She winced, still clutching on desperately to her open skin. "Can you... can you fix.. this?" Her eyes pleaded, desperate.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CounterfeitFish

"FINALLY, someone sees things as I do. Yes, girl. I can be of assistance. I too do not know what they have done, but it appears to have been magical in some way. That, or someone did a very poor job of trying to kill you. That wound. It looks like it shouldn't be too hard to heal."

In stark contrast to his earlier behavior, Krenth seemed much more mild now that he had gotten what he wanted. He still didn't seem like the nicest fellow, but at least he wasn't threatening anybody. He began to walk towards Naro, extending the hand covered in dark energy.

"Now, this is going to be far from pleasant. However, it shall heal the hole in your body, at least until we can find someone who can do it properly. I suggest you brace yourself." He continued to approach, and would begin the healing process if he successfully made it to Naro. "Some compare this to the feeling of...maggots crawling through you. I for one haven't had the chance to feel it, so I cannot confirm whether or not they are telling the truth. You can in a few moments, though."

visualspice

Her eyes read like an open book. Although she visibly cringed at his description of the sensations of his heal, she found herself taking a few more bold steps towards him, her hand reaching out towards his, which were licking with tendrils of moving, dark energies. She only contemplated her answer during a brief pause before her eyes returned to his and she took another step and placed her hand into his.

And the sensation that over came her next made her tense, gripping his hand with sudden ferocity as her insides felt as if the were moving, like boiling without the heat and she felt her legs growing weaker at the very sensation until a sudden harsh pain wracked her body as an unseen magical force cut clean into her belly and she cried out in pain.

Laughter from Viktus as he triumphantly clutched onto a thick,sacred spell book and had a twisted piece of silvery power wrapped around his wrist, the other end leading across the woods was secured around a glittering, sharp harpoon looking spear of magic that was solid, and had cut clean until Naro's body and was hooked firmly inside her gut.

Narophne's face twisted into such pain and then panic at the realization her Uncle had returned that she gripped onto his hand with all of her being, her eyes pleading, body yielding for his help- and then she was yanked away from him with such a force she hadn't a clue as to which way was up, but a second later Uncle Viktus was cackling as he held her tight, within his arm.

She hadn't even the time to realize her wound had closed, nor the sensations of the heal had vanquished along with something else she hadn't even realized could be lost- for the vessel that she was destined to become had indeed been fulfilled, and the raw chaotic magic of Yxdes lurched from her form the moment she accepted giving her fate to Krenth, and their hands touched, that raw power was siphoned to him with a curdling urgency that Krenth might not know what had hit him!

But soon Narophne would be finding out what had hit her, as she looked down at the very solid magical hook that pierced clean into her belly... and unlike the open wound, which somehow never bled, she could feel the hot blood pouring out from the wound and quickly staining her already blood stained and tattered clothes.

"It was never anything personal," Viktus commented. Whether it was to Krenth or Naro, was never understood. Perhaps to both. "We just would like to remain a private sect. Yxdes will is here and you will not ruin that for us. Perhaps in another life or time we could have been friends. "

And he smiled simply before he, and the other mages he had in tow, stepped forward and began a chant that lit the woods in a circle of fire around Krenth, aiming to seal him to that spot- and at worse, kill him.

Viktus turned towards his men.
"Summon the dark beast. We must leave with haste."

CounterfeitFish

Krenth stood there as his healing spell took effect, the flesh knitting back together and the organs repairing themselves. However, not all was well. The moment their hands connected, Krenth fell to one knee, their hands locked in a death grip. That was, until she was torn away by Viktus. Krenth remained in his position, crying out in pure agony as the combined effects of his spell and the transfer of energy wreaked havoc upon his mind.

He felt the tides of chaos flow through him, assailing both his mind and soul. A lesser man would have been ripped apart by the sheer power. And yet, just like his initiation, Krenth withstood. He slowly rose from his position, turning to face Naro and Viktus. He radiated an aura of not anger, not of irritation, but of pure, cold fury. Krenth truly, wholly hated Viktus. He swore then and there that Viktus would die by his hand, no matter what he had to do to accomplish it.

Krenth felt powerful. Unbridled chaos was flowing through him, empowering him, strengthening him. He raised his left hand, the same dark energy flowing off of it like water, blackening the ground below. Whatever this girl did, whatever had been given to him...it made him more powerful. "No. I don't think we would. You are going nowhere."

The tall man conjured a spear of energy, which was now covered in black flames. He threw it at one of the mages, piercing their heart. The poor mage died almost instantly, having been burnt up from the inside. Krenth conjured two more spears, incinerating a couple more mages.

He raised his voice, the wind blowing his robes in the classic 'I'm evil and I'm coming for you' way.  "You! Know this! I do not fear you, nor whatever creature you send to fight me! Today, you shall die!" Krenth created one more spear, sending it through the throat of a fourth mage. When angered, this man showed no mercy, took no quarter.

visualspice

Viktus stood in cold, unbridled fear, his eyes widening so much they actually hurt. He could sense it- and not sense it within the girl...
That tickling, prickling surge of power...

Viktus growled and gave Narophne a rough shake, the magical spear still piercing her clean through the middle.
"What have you done?"

Could she have possibly known how to give this Yxdes follower that power she held? The one they siphoned from the very chaotic energies in these very woods? She had survived.. and for what? For the ritual to finally yield a gift that would be simply given to another!? No. Viktus would not allow this man to simply benefit from his trials.

"I've waited too long for this to work," Viktus growled, his voice of warning. He pulled Naro closer to his body, feeling her tremble, hearing her cry.

"Try those powers again," Viktus began, a cool, twinkling blade appearing of chaotic magics from his hand and pressed coldly to Naro's throat. "And I'll kill her."

CounterfeitFish

Krenth made eye contact with Viktus, the symbol within burning bright even still. Those eyes held no fear, no remorse, nothing that would hold him back from killing everyone here. And yet, he paused. The girl seemed important, important enough for Viktus to use her as a hostage. Why let her die if she could be of further use?

"Is that so? Go ahead. Do it. Kill the girl. But, know this. With her dead...you have nothing stopping my wrath. You are weak. Pathetic. Wretched, vile scum that does not deserve to even be in my presence, much less making threats. So, what do you think would happen first? You killing the girl....or my spear embedding itself in your skull?"

All the while, Krenth did not break eye contact. Just like before, everything he said was true. Unlike Viktus, Krenth had no use for lies or hollow threats. He meant every word that left his mouth.

"When I first met you, I knew I was stronger. You...you are insignificant. Worthless. I ask once more...which of us do you believe our god values more? Do you want to find out?" Though it held no magical power, Krenth's cold gaze seemed to bore right through Viktus, looking into his being, his very soul.

visualspice

Did he know he'd be calling his bluff? Either way it have him enough time to draw whatever power he had left (which had been reserved to summon the beast) and redirecting it into a much easier escape plan.

His smile was coy, cold as his lips curled and he held Naro closer.

"Child, these are family matters. You may address Yxdes on your own." And with a muttering of ancient words, both he and Naro vanished from sight.

CounterfeitFish

Krenth seethed with rage as he watched Viktus disappear, shouting into the sky. He began to walk towards one of the remaining mages, brandishing his mace. The tall man swept the mage's legs out from under him, then proceeded to bash in his skull. "Pathetic."

Krenth then walked towards the final mage, going through a similar process. However, unlike with the others, Krenth did not kill him. Krenth kneeled down, placing his hand around the man's throat. Not enough to cut off oxygen, but enough to make his message clear: 'You are at my mercy.'

"Where. Did. He. Go?"

visualspice

His robes darkened. Had he soiled himself? It would see how easily it was that Krenth killed the others that his days were numbered.

"H-home," he sputtered through a choke. "He might believe his sanctuary compromised. So he probably would g-go home."

Viktus and Naro appeared just as the mage predicted- outside in the fields of...

"We're home," Narophne whispered in disbelief, and then her Uncle was dragging her along as she cried out in pain.

He clamped a sweaty hand over her mouth and gave her a threatening shake.
" I'll let the magics kill you if you don't shut up."

Stunned into silence, she couldn't help but whimper as the pair disappeared inside.

CounterfeitFish

Krenth smiled, removing his hand from the man's throat. However, he then set his mace down. "Very well. Perhaps our god will show mercy to you." He placed a hand on both sides of the man's head, fingers digging into the flesh. He began to essentially overload the man with dark energy, eventually causing the skull to explode. Krenth stood up, wiping a bit of bone off of his robes. He would have to wash them soon, as they were now covered in blood. He retrieved his mace, placing it back into the sheath on his hip. "I am coming for you...and nothing can stop me."

Krenth began to walk towards the home of Viktus and Naro, determination burning within his eyes. As he walked, he spent a moment to ponder his current situation. What kept him here, trying to save this girl? She seemed to have no more significance, outside of a hostage for Viktus. However, Krenth quickly banished those thoughts from his mind. Yxdes brought him here for a reason, even if the details were not clear yet. So, he increased his pace, now running towards where Viktus was hiding.

After a little while of walking, Krenth came across a large manor, presumably the place he sought. He ignored the beautiful gardens, the detailed work of the house itself. It was meaningless to him. He could not see Viktus, nor Naro, so he continued his search. "Where are you hiding? Come out and face me, scum!"
---------
OOC: I wasn't sure if you wanted something to happen before Krenth entered the house, so I left it vague on purpose. If not, we can just say he walked inside before calling out to Viktus.

visualspice

The storm was nearly upon them now, lightning flashing as the winds would whip around Krenth wildly. Then came the rain, a few drops at first- but then it poured.

Inside, Viktus barely caught the calls from Krenth outside on the lawn. Although he noted Naro heard it too. He growled and continued to shove her forward.

"Keep moving. To the basement, girl! Quickly!" He growled, then barked his command when he was nearly tripping over Naro who of course was dragging her feet.

Her eyes were blinded by tears as she stumbled, Viktus pushing her all the while down the cold stone steps that wrapped around and lead then deep underground.

The air was damp, musty and it was dark, the pair barely able to see as he fumbled on the shelf of his wine cellar until his fingers found the trap door release and the wall slid open. The pair dipped into darkness, the hidden door closing at their heels.

CounterfeitFish

Krenth seemed to not care about the rain, only scowling slightly as his robes were soaked. He would have to check his mace for rust after this. He came up to the set of doors, throwing them open. He searched through the room, going down into the basement after finding nothing.

He coughed slightly upon entering the dusty basement, then cleared his throat. After a minute or two of searching, he found a patch free of dust or dirt, with a handprint over what appeared to be...a false lever? Tricky bastard. Yanking on the lever, Krenth entered the secret passage. He called out once more, now seeking to mock Viktus.

"You are running out of tricks, old fool! You cannot run for much longer!"

visualspice

Viktus had already made it to the deepest parts of the basement when Krenth's voice rang out. Viktus scowled and shoved Narophne onto the ground.

"One word from you and you're dead," he promised. He eyed her form before throwing his heavy spell book across a nearby table and summoning a subtle floating, cool flame so he could read. Time wasn't on his side, and it felt as though there were too many pages to sift through as he cursed.

"Where the hell is it," he growled, and once it seemed he found the page he punched the pages down harshly before looking to Naro.

"On the table girl. Now."

She did as she was told and Viktus shoved her down roughly., having no patience for how she trembled and fumbled.

Viktus was attempting to mutter a spell when Narophne's chest began to glow, exactly where the open wound had once been.

"Please... Uncle Viktus..please don't do this," she squirmed beneath him, but his grip came harder and his words, much faster.

And she began to feel a strange pulling within her body just as her eyes rolled back into her head, body convulsing at the sudden awakening within.

Viktus's eyes widened as he cackled, "it's working! Sweet Yxdes, pour your power into thee! Grant me this vessel for this abundance of your power! Bless that I may defeat the man who tries to ruin this fate!"

CounterfeitFish

Krenth continued to walk down the hallway, listening closely for Viktus and Naro. Far away, he could hear the older man talking, presumably to Naro. However, what he had to say to the girl was unimportant. He could see a small light further ahead, and began to run towards it. However, once Krenth could hear what Viktus was saying, it stopped even him. Krenth recognized those words, those ancient phrases. He was doing things that even Krenth had never attempted before! Surely this man had a death wish!

Krenth pressed on, summoning another spear as he walked. He began to chant words in an ancient language, words known only by those who followed Yxdes, and the Dark God himself. Roughly translated, they meant "I am the bringer of death. I enact the will of Yxdes. May all who oppose me and my god fall beneath his strength."

He soon made it to where Viktus was enacting his ritual, readying his spear. However, before he did, he noticed the girl. She clearly was the focus of this ritual, evidenced by her glowing chest. He had to end this quickly, before Viktus could complete the spell.

"You shall defeat nothing. You will die. This I swear." The man slowly advanced into the room, daring Viktus to try and attack. However, he did not strike, not yet. He did not know what traps or precautions the older man had set, so he decided to go with the simple route. Get in close, and bash in his skull.

visualspice

Viktus laughed. He could see it, even feel that drawing pull of darkness, of chaos moving, flowing, growing within this child. His laughter came louder as the chaotic pulse growing within Narophne became stronger.

"Yessss," the words purred, growled from his lips as he shook being so near to this surmounting power- but then he sensed it. That other wretched follower. How dare he show up inside his home to steal what was rightfully his!

"You're too late! You will never have her! You feel this power? " His eyes narrowed with power drunken poison. "After so, so many years... is mine!"

Viktus wasted no time, and grasped at the overflowing tendrils of chaotic power that was just emanating from Narophne's form. And he laughed.
"Such, such power!" He howled, and curled that wicked darkness around his fist and turned to whip that energy in one clean cut bolt at Krenth.

CounterfeitFish

The tall priest watched as Naro emanated the same energy as before. Chaos itself. Even Krenth could not repress a small look of surprise as he at last figured out what was going on. This girl...she must be a receptacle of some sort, someone designed to hold the raw power of Yxdes. He wished he could have spent weeks studying this place, this woman. However, his thoughts were interrupted by Viktus attacking him.

Krenth dodged the attack not with ease, but without too much trouble. Viktus's attack was slow, sloppy, untrained. At least, to Krenth. Despite that fact, even he could tell that Viktus had become much more powerful than before. Krenth could not afford to make mistakes or take shortcuts. Powerful or not, Krenth was only human.

He knew he had to act quickly, to defeat this man as soon as possible. Not only would he prove a decent threat, but he could not risk his healing spell wearing off. Now that he was empowered, he was sure he could permanently heal the wound, but it would soon reopen if he could not make it in time.

"Clearly you have never held such power before. You are like a child who picked up his father's blade." Krenth's words were true to him, though Viktus's skill was impressive. He threw his spear at Viktus's chest while swinging his mace at his legs, aiming to at least cripple the enemy if he could not kill him. The outcome of this attack, however, was up to fate.

visualspice

Krenth's words couldn't describe Vikitus's attacks more accurately. For Krenth was right. Up until this point Viktus had only been able to weild meager spells from the book. Now that this tangeable, raw force was at his disposal, he was like a child, and blindly flung another powerful bolt at the spear that dared for his chest, only to be reminded he was human, and a much older human, when Krenth's mace connected with his legs.

Viktud howled out in pain as he dropped to his knees.

CounterfeitFish

Krenth smirked as he saw the old man fall so easily. It seems like he was right. He spent no time gloating, not willing to risk Viktus recovering. He struck twice more, once at the man's ribs and once at his head. Though it would be difficult, there was a slim chance for Viktus to dodge these blows. As he attacked, Krenth's smirk grew larger and larger. He enjoyed inflicting pain upon this wretch, one who thought he could kill Krenth. He said one thing, his voice barely more than a whisper. "This is what happens when you cross me."