Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fate Ripper

Started by visualspice, August 08, 2021, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Naro nodded and motioned for him to follow. It was so strange, this chance occurence. She had surely thought herself as dead. But somehow she had lived and this strange man was to thank for it. She supposed the least she could do was help but... part of her was a bit apprehensive of just leaving home.

They passed by a series of paintings along the wall, most of Viktus, in his youth, and others perhaps his parents. Then Narophne stopped before a tall door with a ornate knob and a-

"Oh no. I forgot it needs the key."

Just a minor inconvenience.  She knew where the spare was kept and moved past it to the second door down. A study. Viktus's most likely. Naro seemed to know her way around as she slipped behind the desk and began to search through a drawer.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CounterfeitFish

He began following Naro, eyes scanning the room for anything of interest. As he passed by the paintings, he began to examine them, though he did not stop walking. So this is what the old man was like when he was younger. Fascinating.

In response to her statement, Krenth nodded. As he entered the study, he stood near the doorway while Naro rummaged through the desk. Though he kept most of his attention on Naro, he could not help but scan the area. He spent a moment looking around the room, then returned his gaze to the girl behind the desk.

While he waited, he began to think of something. This manor was surprisingly quiet despite the size of it. Surely there would have been a lone servant or wandering family member, and yet he had seen nobody. "Narophne. It is extraordinarily quiet in this house, is it not? If this is your home, and I doubt you lived alone, surely we should have come across someone by now."

visualspice

Narophne had found the key and was closing the drawer when she heard his statement. She blinked and looked around, listening and realized and agreed the same.

"You're right.  There should be workers here. Servants and maids. " She frowned, drawing closer to his side as she peered down the hallway.

She hoped nothing had happened to them.

"Maybe.. maybe Viktus sent them home, gave them the night off," she said softly, but an unsettled feeling began to knot in her belly. She clenched the key. They had to stay focused. Yes.. servants must have just been sent home so as not to make a fuss when Naro had been taken that night.

She slipped past Krenth but didn't move too far in front of him.  She approached the armory door, slipped the key into the knock and pushed the door open.

The door groaned open, revealing a decent sized room with hunting rifles along the wall, swords and maces, daggers and bows. All at their disposal.

"I... I hope something here might be useful?" And awkwardly she bumped into an end table, an iron lamp rattling loudly onto the ground. She grit her teeth and moved to right it, peering over her shoulder, curious if anyone was even home to hear it.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CounterfeitFish

Scoffing at her statement, he shook his head just a bit and followed her to the armory. "I doubt it is as benign as you think. However, their fate is of no great importance, not right now."

He entered the armory, taking a look around. He immediately knew the hunting rifles would not work. They were long and bulky, difficult to conceal if they had to be stealthy. He paused at the swords, but shook his head. No, those would not work. Naro most likely had not had any formal training with the weapons, though he could be wrong. Upon finding the maces, he smiled slightly. These would work. He grabbed one of the weapons before moving on to the daggers. He snatched one with a mid-sized blade, about seven inches. Finally, he found the bows. Those too he rejected, mostly for the same reason as the rifles. He did not know how to use them, and he doubted the girl could do so in her current state.

Krenth walked back over to Naro, ignoring the fact that she had knocked over the lantern. If someone heard the two, then he could easily take care of them should they prove to be hostile. He held out the two weapons to her, motioning for her to take them. "If you know how to wield a sword, take one instead of the mace. However, these will be easiest for you to use without any prior training. Hit them with the mace until they die, and stab them with the dagger if you have no other weapons." Simple arms with simple instructions. Perfect for those who knew little about combat.

visualspice

Naro stared at Krenth, eyes wide.
"You... you expect me to.. me to fight?"

CounterfeitFish

The tall man sighed, closing his eyes for a moment. "Should I become incapacitated or killed, you will have to defend yourself. It is not likely to happen, but you must be prepared if it does. You do not have to fight unless I cannot." He did not move from where he was, still holding out the weapons to Narophne.

visualspice

Narophne blinked, still staring hesitantly at the weapons. After all she had gone through, she still flinched at the idea of violence. At the idea she would be in charge of any such violence.

"I.. I dont think I could if it came down to it," she admitted, frowning as she dropped her gaze. "I... my life had always been simple. I rarely left these halls, this place."

She peered up at him, a bit deflated but forcing out some hope when she asked,"Is there really no other choice?"

CounterfeitFish

Sighing once more, Krenth went back and put the mace away. However, he did not get rid of the dagger. He was going to give it one more try, not willing to give up so easily. "Your life has changed, then. Changed drastically. Whether you like it or not, you will need some way to defend yourself. Your life has changed, and so you must as well."

He paused for a moment before placing a hand up to his temple. Though it wasn't her fault, this girl still irritated him somewhat. She most likely would for as long as he knew her, though he would continue to be her guard until his god said otherwise. "If you are going to be this stubborn, I can hold on to this for now. But keep my words in mind, Narophne Telgve. Things are changing, shifting, and you will have to do the same. If not now, soon."

visualspice

She looked at him, taking in what he said but the heart of a fighter, of a defender, was not there. Perhaps she was too naive, too immature even after all she endured...

Ir perhaps it was because that was all she knew; to bury herself away inside, to pretend her life away. She lowered her gaze as she considered his words.

"If the occasion called for it- what if I choked? I've never held a knife before, barely even inside a kitchen... what if they take the knife from me? What if they have a sword? Or arrows or end up being someone else I knew?"  That I had loved?

CounterfeitFish

"Then you pray to whatever god you worship that you may survive. As Yxdes commands, I shall protect you with my life. I cannot force you to make a choice, but you cannot hide from it for much longer. Either you must accept what has happened, what is going to happen, or you will be taken advantage of by the next Viktus."

He stared directly at Naro as he spoke, not moving a muscle, not even blinking. His words, though they were harsh, were true. He was not going to sugarcoat any of this, nor would he have done so before.

visualspice

She felt unsettled by his gaze, feeling lacking while being schooled. And even though she knew he was right...
"Perhaps... when I am ready... you could teach me to use the knife?" Even still, she felt guilty.

"And your God.. why is it that you chose to protect me, but my Uncle he..."

CounterfeitFish

"I shall teach you what I know, when you are able to learn. I am not an expert at combat, but I have received basic training with most weapons." He tucked the dagger into a pouch on his belt, just barely large enough to fit the weapon.

He was silent for a good minute after her question, his gaze leaving her for a brief span of time. After taking the time to think and consider his words, he looked back at Naro. "Yxdes is the god of Chaos and Madness, though some know of him as the Lord of Shadows. His will is ever-changing, as is his temperament. One moment he could be benevolent and kind, and the next he could reduce you to a pile of dust. Perhaps it is the power you contain, perhaps the Dark Lord views you favorably. As for your uncle, he was weak. Unworthy. I am not, so Yxdes most likely saw no reason to let him live." Unlike the rest of the time, Krenth spoke with just the slightest hint of uncertainty in his voice.

Despite being a follower of the Mad God, he knew little about how he acted, how he viewed others. Often times Yxdes would only speak through signs or omens, rarely speaking even when summoned. "Though my vision grows clearer each day, it still remains murky, clouded."

visualspice

Lord of Madness? Her face could be read like a book. That didn't sound like a God to her. More like a demon, dark and twisted.  So this God her Uncle followed? He had claimed it was why he did unto her and... she cringed, recalling his admittance to killing the others. Out of habit, Narophne moved to press a hand to her chest, as if the open wound she endured was still there and that ghostly fear of her insides possibly spilling out had returned.

And this man... he followed this God. So many things seemed ominous and his mere presence screamed of warning. He was tall, dark and....
She blushed a little even as she studied his face.  And what had happened to his eye? Or in his life that made him follow such an unscrupulous God?

She suddenly felt very uncomfortable, near naked in her tattered night shift when she finally dropped her gaze. It wasn't polite to stare.

Krenth had mentioned she had power. That, she still did not understand as she chewed on a fingernail and looked about the armory, feeling weak, foolish and vulnerable.

CounterfeitFish

As he stood there, he began to examine Naro. It was quite obvious that she feared him, or at least the god he worshipped. "The world is a terrible place, girl, filled with murderers, thieves....and people like myself. It is far from sunshine and rainbows, no matter how much one could wish that it was."

Upon noticing her press a hand to her chest, Krenth remembered something important. He had to renew his healing spell, lest the wound return. "Narophne, I suggest you prepare yourself. My healing abilities, though they can patch up most wounds, are only temporary. I must re-cast the spell upon you, unless you want your chest to rip open again."

He held out his left hand, offering to heal her. Though her cooperation was preferred, it was by no means necessary. However, he paused once he realized what he had done. Normally he would have healed her immediately, without warning, regardless of her feelings. And yet, he did not. What was it about this girl? It was....odd, to say the least.

"I see no further use for this room if you will not take a weapon. Once the spell has been renewed, we must move on. Clothes and supplies." His voice was stern, though not commanding or unfriendly. He would wait for her to be ready, get the things they needed, then leave this place. After that, he did not know what would happen next. Perhaps they could return to the ruins of his temple, or maybe search for any of the cultists in his sect who survived the fire.

visualspice

At the realization her wound could open again, she visibly winced and squirmed, as if it had happened and wasn't just a thought. She closed her eyes in attempts to push down those thoughts before she reopened them and peered down at his hand, taking it suddenly before she nervously said,"And it'll feel uncomfortable, like worms crawling under my skin." She tried to smile at her own joke but there was still tribulations that kept the smile from taking a proper shape. She closed her eyes and gave a nod.

"I'm... I'm ready. " she said, closing her eyes tighter and gripping his hand in anticipation. But the anxiety of it all was looping up her belly and twisting her nerves into knots.

CounterfeitFish

Despite himself, he could not help but give a small smile at her joke. It quickly went away, though. As she took his hand, the feeling from before would return, albeit at a lesser intensity, as there was no gaping wound to heal this time. However, it still probably sucked to experience. His eye twitched again as he felt the backlash of his spell, then proceeding to let go of Naro's hand. The moment he released her, the feeling would vanish.

"That should keep you on your feet, for now." Taking one final look around the room, the man walked over to the door, waiting there.

visualspice

She was already prepared for the worst and when the sensation actually hit her, her face scrunched and toes dug into the ground, for she still wore no shoes as her knees drew together as she shuddered at the odd flittering crawl flooding her body.

And then it was over, and she remained there, tense with eyes closed before he pulled away and she, waivered a bit from the disconnect before finally opening her eyes.

"How.. how often will I... will I need to... to be healed?" She asked quietly .

CounterfeitFish

He was silent for a moment, taking a bit of time to think. "I would prefer every ten minutes, though if you wish to push your luck, I believe it is possible for it to last for twenty. You will not suffer any ill effects from your wounds reopening, at least not from the spell itself ending. However, it is an inconvenience that I wish to avoid whenever possible. Now come girl, we must continue. You will freeze if you go out in just....that." By 'that', he was referring to the tattered remains of what used to be her clothes.

visualspice

"Every.. every ten minutes?" She looked appalled. "That... really that often?"
She placed a hand over her chest, the sensation still ghosting within her. But then at his comment about her attire, her face turned beet red.

"OH, I! I should go change!" She stammered."My room is just upstairs . I'll.. I'll go do just that. " And she hurried off down to the end of the hall that opened out into a large foyer with a wide, welcoming staircase that she began to ascend.

She paused a few steps up and peered down at Krenth from over the banister. "Do you need anything yourself? More clothes or travel gear?"

CounterfeitFish

"Yes, every ten minutes. I never said it would be pleasant. Perhaps we should seek out a healer soon..." He returned to his thoughts, growing silent once more. However, his attention returned to Naro once she spoke again.

Following her into the hallway, he stopped once she did. He thought it over for a moment, eventually shaking his head. "No. I have what I need with me, and I doubt anybody but your uncle has robes similar to mine." His face turned to one of minor displeasure at the thought of scavenging Viktus's old clothes. "I will be fine."