Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fate Ripper

Started by visualspice, August 08, 2021, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She nodded and continued up the grand staircase, thinking over his statement about the healer.
"Could.. could a healer cure this? I mean, so that you wouldn't have to keep troubling yourself for me?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CounterfeitFish

"Hm. It is possible, yes. As for myself, I am not troubled by this. As I have said before, I shall do what I must, if it keeps you alive and unharmed. The day my initiation was completed, I swore myself to Yxdes, swore to carry out his will. If he commands me to guard you, I shall do so."

After a little bit of walking, Krenth spoke once more. "What was Viktus like, before we met? Surely one such as him could not hide his ways for long. Someone must have figured him out, whether it be by accident or otherwise."

visualspice

By the time he posed the question,  they were already at the top of the stairs. She looked at him curiously before shaking her head.

"I.. I wouldn't know. I.." and she felt embarrassed for it, but admitted," He was never like this. He was always kind to me,  sharing stories about my parents and I-" she winced at the realization... it was a lie. Not all of it but the tales he would tell her and when she found out he had murdered them.. what could she believe?

"He.. he wasn't home alot," she quickly added, averting his gaze as she walked down the hall, past more paintings hung in ornate frames.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CounterfeitFish

"Interesting. It seems he could be quite deceptive, then." He returned to silence once more, the mask of neutrality replacing his earlier expression. While he walked, he kept track of the passage of time, down to the second. To make a mistake now would be dangerous and time-consuming, although not deadly.

visualspice

Her room was nearly at the end of the hall, a painting of what could be presumed of Narophne in her youth hung beside the double doors, which were already open and welcoming with their majestic grace. Her bed faired the same, constructed of intricately carved mahogany framed by pastel pink and rose fabric that housed an elaborate embroidered scene. Some knight and princess riding a white horse together across a green landscape and a castle off in the distance.

Narophne passed the bed, heading towards a large wardrobe and flung the doors open, pretty dresses hung inside, each one a pleasing color. She stared at them thoughtfully before asking, "How much ought I to pack?"
She supposed Her luggage bag would decide that and she moved to bend over to the drawers below and retrieved a large garment bag that could house an even number of under clothes and dress.

CounterfeitFish

Krenth took a moment to examine the painting before following Naro once more. Upon entering the room, he grimaced at the sheer amount of pink and rose in this room. While others may have found it beautiful and elegant, he saw it as pointless and wasteful. The time spent painting this room could have been put towards other, more practical things. However, it was too late now, so he continued walking.

Upon hearing her question, Krenth turned to face Narophne. "Pack lightly. We cannot be slowed down by a dozen different dresses and the like. Choose one set of your finer clothes, and the rest must be functional. The exact number is up to you, but use common sense.' Having answered her question, he returned to silence. After this, he planned to search for rations, then they would depart. At least, if there were no setbacks.

visualspice

Choose just one? And clothes easy for travel? She wished she hadn't been so sheltered for most of her life. It was embarrassing that she wasn't even sure what to choose. She at least knew what gown she wanted- a regal green dress adorned with dark lace and subtle gems- one her mother bought for her to wear at her first ball. Narophne had only worn it once.... And it had been sometime since she had ever been to a ball.

She realized she was clutching onto the dress and moved to place it over her bed, trying her best not to linger over the memories. As far as simpler gowns, she wore day dresses all of the time.  She supposed she could grab a pair of those. They were much simpler but still elegant, fashionable and the soft colors complimented her pale complexion.

She then went out to fetch some undergarments, stockings and then shoes, where they now were laid upon the bed neatly. Narophne found herself lost in thought, in the few memories that dared her to remain.

"Will these suffice?" She nervously chewed on her lip before turning to fetch her traveling coat and shoes.  And she'd surely need her hair brush, and... her hand paused over a pearl necklace her mother had given to her, one that held a single emerald hanging from the center to condiment the dress. She recalled how happy she had been to receive the gift and found herself frozen in place, stuck on the memories.

CounterfeitFish

He examined the pile of folded clothes, eventually nodding his head. "Yes, these will do." Her pale skin may draw a few eyes, but it wouldn't be too bad. HE was most likely going to be the most noticeable one out of the pair, but it would not matter. He refused to change his outfit, unless he could recover something that was identical to it. If someone did inquire about his appearance, he could easily deal with them, whether it be through words or violence.

His thoughts were interrupted once he realized Naro had stopped. Krenth faced her once more, taking note of the necklace. It must have been very expensive, probably more than Krenth has ever had in his life. However, the value of it was unimportant, at least to the dark priest. He no longer cared for material wealth, only caring about what he needed to survive. The man tapped her once on the shoulder, seeking to get her attention. "What are you waiting for? Take the necklace if you wish, I will not stop you." Surely it was just a necklace, right? A simple collection of precious stones, nothing more.

visualspice

She flinched, nearly jumping at his touch and turned to him.
"OH but I... I did not think.. I mean that is to say... i.. wouldn't think it wise or necessary..."
She turned to the necklace, part of her actually fearful to let it go.

But.. it would seem a silly thing to bring when on the run...
Even still.. she tried to look away, but it felt like it's very presence was burning her.

CounterfeitFish

Sighing, Krenth backed up a bit. "Bring it with you. Even I can tell you want to take it, and it is small enough that it can't slow us down." He started walking back towards the door, stopping once he reached it. "Collect your things,then we should move on. We have weapons and clothing, all we require now is food and water."

visualspice

She could have cried at his mere suggestion to bring it, but instead choked back any emotion and said,"I ought to hurry up and change. " It wouldn't do for her to travel as she was; bare foot and in a tattered night dress. She moved towards the changing screen, quickly procuring a change of clothes- a simple yellow dress.

She wasn't even behind the dressing screen for a moment when a noise was heard down the hall.

CounterfeitFish

Nodding once more, he returned to his silent watch of the area. While he waited, he started to think about what had happened today. So far he had met another follower of Yxdes, rescued his niece who transferred raw chaos to him, killed Viktus, and now he was here. A crazy day, to say the least.

His thoughts were interrupted once more as he heard a noise in the hall. His eyes narrowed slightly and he drew his mace, expecting the worst. Not wanting to leave Naro unguarded, he only took a few steps out of her room. "Who goes there? Show yourself, now."

visualspice

Naro had began to tug at the string that bound her dress when she tensed at Krenth's words.  She clutched onto the strings to hold her garment together and peaked from behind the screen.

"Is... is someone out in the hall?" She asked lowly, eyes on Krenth and the door. She grew quiet- but so did the hall.

CounterfeitFish

He spent just a moment to turn back to Naro, then returning to the hall. He wanted to investigate, and yet that would leave her unguarded. If someone was there and she went with him, she would possibly be in more danger. "I am unsure. I heard a sound, and yet it has faded...finish dressing yourself. I cannot risk an enemy being here." He did not move from where he was, but he continued to watch the hall for something, anything that would give away a foe.

visualspice

Narophne nervously chewed on her lip, disappearing behind the screen. She was rushing, scrambling to get her limbs out of her torn garment when the explosive firing of a rifle made her screen.

She dropped to the ground, half dressed and clutching the dressing screen when she heard a voice,"Step away from the child."

That voice ! It was Glessa. The old maid had stepped out from where she had been hiding down the hall to shoot at Krenth.

CounterfeitFish

Krenth raised a hand to his right cheek, tracing a long line upon it. There was blood upon his fingers, most likely from the bullet wound that was now there. He was lucky that he was not another inch to the right, or he would be dead. Quickly ducking into the room, he began a quick prayer to Yxdes.

His voice was low, barely more than a whisper. He spoke quickly, knowing that time was especially limited now that there was someone in the hallway. "Dark Lord, shield myself and my allies from harm..." His hands were covered in the same energy as before, though it seemed to have a slight smoky quality to it. He did not cast his spell, not yet. There was still a chance to resolve this without another death.

"You too, work for Viktus, old crone? If so, know this! I shall protect this girl, and I do not care who I must kill to do so!" In his mind, he viewed Glessa as another foe, though there was a chance that she was just some old maid with a gun, trying to be a hero. It was that small chance that stayed his hand, stopped him from trying to kill her on the spot.

visualspice

"That makes two of us protecting Naro and I've known her since she was a little girl. And I certainly do not know you and will not let this poor child fall prey to some ruffian!" Guns were awkward and not so easily fired in excess but she took the time to reload the thing as quickly as she could while remaining partially hidden down the hall.

"Narophne! If you can hear me girl and are able, come to me this instant!"

Naro held her breath. Oh no... she had to act fast. She couldn't let this escalate anymore than it already had and to her, Glessa was still innocent and had no reason to harm her.

Glessa was slowly walking down the hall, gun at the ready when she spoke again.
"I have no problems peppering a man who is trying to steal my charge!"

Naro heard her getting closer and when she noticed Krenth too, was preparing his magics, she dashed out from behind the changing screen and across the room, barely holding onto her clothing as she shouted, "Please, Glessa, don't shoot!" And as she approached the door the woman dared to step in and immediately widened her eyes at the state of a half naked and very desperate looking Narophne.

She wasted no time aiming the gun at Krenth and fired.
"You cad! How dare you take advantage of such a woman! I'll fill you full of holes!"

CounterfeitFish

He scowled, unable to see the maid but assuming that she would approach. While he could have spoken, the majority of his attention was focused on keeping his spell ready. He heard the old lady walk down the hall, and prepared himself for a fight. While he preferred to not have to resort to violence, it was seeming more and more likely as she talked.

The moment she shot at Krenth, a large wall made of the aforementioned shadowy energy appeared in front of him. Though it appeared to be made of jet-black smoke, it stopped the bullet as easily as if it was made of solid metal. In fact, nothing could go through it, at least not until it was broken.

Because he had finally cast the spell, it did not take as much energy to maintain as it did to keep it on hold. Knowing that, Krenth was able to speak without having to worry about the spell failing. "I have done no such thing. As for your threats...you will do nothing. I welcome you to try, but Narophne can tell you what happened the last time someone tried to kill me."

Though the wall was not massive, it was large enough to separate himself from the angered maid and Naro. He did not attack, not wanting to waste his energy killing the maid. It did not show, but his actions were finally starting to take their toll upon his mind and body. He could theoretically go on for hours, but the continued casting of spells and fighting had drained a good chunk of his...well, energy. He was only human, and empowered or not, humans need rest every now and then. So, he attempted to negotiate. "If you would lower your weapon, perhaps we could speak like civilized people!" After a brief pause, he added one final thing. "Or, you could suffer the same fate as that fool, Viktus!"

visualspice

Glessa wasn't about to believe him.  The proof was right there and the old woman was seeing red. But the power before her was something she couldn't argue with. But she still held her gun.

But then he talked about Viktus and she demanded with heat, "What have you done?"

Narophne had finally managed to collect herself and fix her clothes before she approached Glessa and grabbed onto the gun, lowering it.

"Glessa, please! This man isn't here to harm me. In fact he saved me."

Glessa never once took her eyes off the man but knew her weapon was useless now unless she were to reload. But she had a job to do and she turned to grab Narophne by the arm.

"The child comes with me!" And she began to drag her from the room.

CounterfeitFish

Still from behind the wall, Krenth spoke. "He sought to end my life after I discovered what he was doing. He had funneled the power of my god into her, most likely to strengthen himself. I received that power instead, and slew him with it. If you doubt my words, ask the girl. Or, enter the basement and see his corpse for yourself."

Though it was blurry and unfocused, Krenth could see through the wall. Upon noticing that Narophne had mafe Glessa lower the gun, he too lowered his wall. He wasn't as worried about being shot, knowing that the old lady would probably have to reload, which would allow him to kill her. However, her death was not necessary, not at the moment.

"She speaks the truth. She most likely would have been killed by Viktus, or suffer a fate worse than death." Upon noticing her grab Naro's arm, he conjured a spear of energy once her back was turned. However, after a moment of thought, he dispelled it. His job would be infinitely more difficult if Naro hated him for killing the maid. So, he simply walked up behind her, placing a hand on the elder woman's shoulder. "I cannot allow that. Your cooperation is preferable, but by no means required." He did not harm either of them, but instead he sought to hold Glessa where she was. His voice remained calm and even, but he was not going to let her take Naro. "I suggest you release Narophne. Now."