Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Phoenix's Wants and Limits

Started by Phoenix Flaming Star, February 07, 2022, 05:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix Flaming Star

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I enjoy drama, danger, plot twists and PvE combat.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I don't like PvP combat. I also don't like diplomatic stuff.

What are your favorite character types to play?
I like the villain. Powerful in terms of abilities. Beautiful but deadly, yet loyal. More of a follower than a leader.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
That depends. If I'm not running an RP, I'm more of a pantser and I like being surprised. If I am running an RP, then I'm a planner. I like to have a plan beforehand, and I try to surprise the person I'm RPing with.

How do you feel about group threads?
I favor small groups (one on one or with 2 or 3 other people) over large ones. (5 )

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I try to post every day or every other day, but if its been like three or four days, let me know.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
2 or 3 days

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I'm more comfortable doing that with friends and those I trust.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
I've never done this.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I tend to do shorter posts. A few sentences to maybe a paragraph or two. I can go longer but it depends on what post my partner gives me in the RP.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I love writing out my posts in the third person, like I'm telling a story. I also do the character thoughts in italics and notes and stuff like that in code. Something that tells the reader 'This is what the character is thinking.' or 'This is what the note says.' I also like to surround OOC comments in ((double brackets)).

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Doing actions in first person. 'I walk up to the door and knock.' It's awkward for me to RP in that style. I'm ok with it when writing a non RP story, but otherwise, no thanks.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I'm not ok with any godmodding. It just takes away the fun.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I'm ok with my character forming friendships, but romantic relationships are a no-no for my character.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I'm ok with more gorey violence and swearing, but no sex, drug use, sexual assault, and other things like that.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
Nope. No pregnancy for my character.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Having your character be instantly healed or being blind and suddenly being able to see? I kinda see that as god-modding. For me, I'd say you can magically heal but it should take some time. I like some realism within the boundaries of the RP.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
I think it should be that players' choice if they want their own character to transform. I don't want others' to control that.

Anything else?
I like to develop my characters as I RP. I don't like to have them all figured out right off the bat as that is a bit overwhelming for me. Same with plots. I like to have just a starting scene, and go from there in the RP.

If any other information comes up, I'll edit it in.