Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cheesi's Wants and Limits

Started by Cheesigator, April 20, 2022, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheesigator

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Organic and/or slowburn romances are always the best! While I love romance and don't mind if it makes a good portion of the plot, I do like it if there are other things going on--overarching themes, an end goal in mind, and things that challenge the characters to make hard decisions.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Plots that have no end goal or rps where it's just "let's put our characters together and see what happens" with no plotting tend to bore me quickly. A conclusion doesn't need to be reached in every single thread, but the characters should have something to work towards over the course of time.

What are your favorite character types to play?
Any characters that challenge common perceptions and ideals. For example, the morality of Predators hunting Xenomorphs, or what the definition of life becomes when talking about AI.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
A little pre-planning is necessary to make sure the chemistry between characters is there and to establish general plot points to work towards; we don't need to determine the entire thread from start to finish, but an outline is best!

How do you feel about group threads?
Not a fan; life makes long-form group thread posting really difficult and it's rare that one will ever finish or reach the goals it was made for, which can be frustrating, so I tend to stay out of them.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
Typically I reply within a few days, after that you can nudge me but I do work a full-time job on top of running my own business and dealing with life in general (ie sick relatives, laundry, just needing a day to sit on my couch and do nothing while contemplating my existence, yknow, stuff.)

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Pretty much an eternity! I really love posting quickly and moving a thread fast but at this stage of the game I know very well that sometimes life kicks you in the ass and it can take months before something happens. I get it, man.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Can be very fun and I'm definitely open to it! That's how I originally started roleplaying :D

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
LOOOOVE it.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Mid-long length posts (usually over 250 words) are preferred. If you answer with a post with just one sentence then I'm ollying outtie.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Comedy! I love writers that can make fun of their character and/or mine and make funny situations.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
First-person perspective, it's extremely hard to do well and in a way that isn't annoying, so usually if I see this I run for the hills.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
Typically I prefer the implication that something may be happening--ie, "character A tries to throw a punch at B before following with a roundhouse kick". If something is important for plot or a joke, ie Character A slapping character B, maybe toss it to me as an idea first before writing it.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
Characters under the age of 18 are off limits for romance (and tbh, I'm not too interested in characters under 20 either.) No lolicon (ie character looks 12, is 25.) One-sided feelings, IC rejection, and both pre-planned and organic romance are all great!

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
Smut writing is fun, violence can be, drug use can be important in telling a story (as long as it's not being used as a trope or an excuse,) and sexual assault can also be important in making realistic characters (again as long as it's not being used as a trope or an excuse,) but I will only imply sexual assault and try not to go into graphic detail.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
It would reeeeally have to depend on the characters and the plot, and it needs to be talked about first. Generally I'm not interested, but there are some circumstances where it can be something really important that I am open to!

What about healing?
Talk with me about it first, some of my characters I do not want physically changed.

What about characters being transformed against their will?
Talk with me about it first, some of my characters I do not want physically changed.

Anything else?
owo