Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Falling Leaves [M]

Started by visualspice, May 07, 2022, 03:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"A dress maker would be nice but I haven't any money," She said,  frowning. It dawned on her.. that she was..she was poor. No.. worse than poor.. penniless. The very idea stole her breath a moment as she blinked back some tears.

Her whole life.. everything.. she was.. was.. just another peasant without a cent to her name! When he spoke, she hadnt heard him and wasn't paying attention and she accidentally smashed her nose against him with a yelp.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Hyacinthus

Full-armor as Erin typically was, it wasn't the sudden bump that alerted him to a problem, but the girl's voice. He looked back at her quizzically, halting for a brief moment to make sure she was alright. "Daydreaming back there?" He teased a bit, though he noticed her spirits had seemingly soured a bit since he'd last taken a glance at her face. Were her injuries starting to catch up to her? Was she finally growing exhausted? It was hard to tell. He'd heard her dejected concerns about, he assumed, not having her family's wealth at near access, but surely she wasn't worried about that, was she?

"Come on-- Not much farther. You'll in good shape soon enough." He awkwardly tried to encourage her, before turning and continuing to lead her further. He had to assume it was just the tension leaving her body-- The doc would take care of that too.

A few steps more, and they'd arrived at the doorstep of what could've been a home, or a place of business; It was hard to tell at first glance, given it's out-front signage that read "Evelyn Morvis, Infirmiry" yet it's exterior was neatly kept with a lawn of green grass and a pretty, intricate ornament sitting in the front window. Erin knew he'd reached the right place, however, and without so much as a knock, opened the door to the building, Hyathia in toe. The two were greeted just inside the foyer of the building by a desk-- one where a raven-haired boy, maybe three or four years younger than Hyathia herself, sat quietly with a book of names before him. Quietly, at least, until Erin walked in... at which point, his dull, gray eyes lit up like charcoal sharpening into obsidian. "...Erin! It's Erin! Mom-- Erin's back!"

Said crimson warrior couldn't help but stifle a laugh as he watched the boy jump out of the chair he was in, and rush over to the two new entries. A fire of excitement fueled his eyes, as if he knew life itself had just waltzed through the door. "You got new armor! Gosh-- it's soooo cool! Can you get me armor like that? I-- I've been practicing with the wooden sword you got for me, just like you taught me!" He was practically hopping in place with excitement at this reunion, and Erin finally gave in to him bemused laughter at the sight of him. "Have you now, Emmerin? Hopefully not indoors." This boy's name was Emmerin; Son of the doctor that owned this building, and future lord of Connlaoth... or so he dreamed. "No, really I have! I can show you, I even mastered that sidestep you taught me!"

"Enough, Emmerin... Let him into the door proper, or you'll scare him off."

A bit of a ways in, down the staircase of the two-story building, a figure slowly descended. Erin's heart skipped a beat, despite his best efforts otherwise, as he laid eyes on the proprietor of the practice. To Erin, very few words did her proper justice. She was death, wrapped in the finest silk. Her skin was a beautiful, milky white-- flawless, though so little of it as her slender, hairless hands, the perfectly traceable line of her collarbone and her elegantly mid-cut dress were available for show. Her robes, black as night itself, which perfectly accentuated her long, loosely curled, near-midnight locks which enshrouded much of her face in mystery. Dark amethyst lipstick and eye shadow and a beauty mark at the peak of her cheek accentuated her enrapturing, golden eyes-- her gaze always ever-so-serene, her smile ever-so-inviting, like poisoned wine with an undeniable scent to draw one closer in...

"...It's been a while, eh, Dr. Evelyn Morvis?"

"Shire." A bead of sweat almost formed on Erin's brow at the rather curt greeting he received, but he didn't visibly flinch. Not yet, anyway. The 'doctor' waltzed slowly towards the three, with Emmerin having the wherewithal to quickly head back over to his seat at the table, and Erin unconsciously pulling Hyathia a bit closer-- almost as if he didn't know what was going to happen next. A weird reaction for Erin to be sure. The doctor stopped a few steps away from the two, her singularly-visible eye washing languidly over the both of their conditions as Erin began to speak again. "Hope you're not too busy for a walk-in?"

"Never too busy, for the lost puppy with a wounded paw that keeps showing up at my doorstep." Evelyn responded with a knowing smile. THAT one caused Erin to flinch a bit, though he smiled sheepishly all the same. "Though you don't look any worse than you normally do... A bit better, even, for what that's worth. Your friend, however..."

"She's who I'm here for. She had a rough day, and--"

"I gathered as much." The doctor responded in amused tone, cutting him off as her eyes had already fallen from Erin's mighty form to Hyathia's. Not a fighter, that was for sure... But the doctor withheld any judgements of either of them. "Well, I suppose I'll scold you a bit later. For now, dear, won't you come and sit at my table? I'd like to get a better look at your injuries... and see what I can do to help." Dr. Morvis turned without another word, walking towards a curtained-off section of the first floor, and almost enticingly gesturing for Hyathia to follow. Erin, who looked a bit defeated for some odd reason, simply gave the girl a gentle squeeze on the shoulder-- the good one, anyway-- before letting go. "She... can be a bit intimidating, but she's the best doc I've ever worked with. You'll be fine." He vaguely explained, ignoring the weirdness of the last few moments as everyone knew the easiest way to disprove something happened was to simply ignore it.

visualspice

Hyathia wasn't sure what to expect, but when Erin was greeted as if he had returned home, she had to wonder if they weren't somehow related. Cousins perhaps? Or just friends..

She studied the raven haired boy at the desk quietly before and after his assaults, but it was the pale, dark haired sultry woman that had her tensing. She could feel those golden eyes taking her in as if they had weight, and was thankful Erin pressed closer, she instinctively doing the same.

But then Erin reassured her she was in good hands and the young woman had no reason not to trust him. The woman.. pn the other hand.. Hyathia couldn't help but stiffen and put up her guard, thanking the woman as she spared a single glance back towards Erin before vanishing behind the privacy curtain.

She suddenly felt very vulnerable and almost naked beneath the other woman's scrutiny. Inspite of herself, she cowered, and tried to fiddle with her dress to keep herself at least a tiny bit more modest. She spared a glance at the curtain, to where Erin might have been standing before raising blue green eyes to the doctor.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Hyacinthus

"Emmerin, take Shire out back, please. Go and show him your 'practicing', if you wish."

Erin frowned, a bit taken aback at the rather abrupt dismissal. Was... was she trying to separate them? "Y-yes, mother! Erin! Come look, I can show you how I've been practicing!" The boy jumped back to life from behind the desk he'd been seated at, not wasting the opportunity at his mother's behest, further to Erin's concern. It must've looked rather silly from behind the curtain; A child, perhaps half the size of the armored warrior, grabbing the man by the gauntlet and pulling him along. "Hey-- hey, wait! Why am I--" He attempted to protest, but the boy pulled Erin along all the same, leading him through a hall that led to the rear of the building, out of sight and earshot. There must've been a door leading to a yard of some sort in the back; Before long, Hyathia was alone with the woman in black, who eyed her quietly from a few feet away, before eventually closing said eye... and letting out a sigh of, relief?

"Finally... just us girls. Much easier to work without the distractions, I think." Eventually her eyes opened, and the look she gave Hyathia... was far, far warmer, and more welcoming than any gaze she'd likely seen that day. "Allow me to properly introduce myself... Dr. Evelyn Morvis, field medic by trade, though my studies dabble in a few other areas of human anatomy and health. You can call me Eve, for short." She put on a warm, knowing smile of sorts as she moved to close the gap between herself and the injured girl. Pulling forward a polished, wooden chair, Eve sat opposite Hyathia, giving her a another once over as she continued speaking. "You're certainly not one of Erin's typical companions... Not in that dress, and not with those injuries. What terrible turn of events brought you to me, dear?"

visualspice

To say she was a little nervous that Erin was shuffled off might be an understatement as she jumped a little once they were left alone. But part of it was... nice,knowing she might speak more privately with the doctor, no matter how strange she might seem.

Even still, she shifted uncomfortably under the scrutiny.

"I.. I wouldn't even know where to begin," She began, quietly. "But my arm feels awful to move and I.. some of the cuts may have been deep."

Hyacinthus

Evelyn's eyes focused on the injury the girl had sustained to her arm as she spoke about it, before nodding. "Let's start with your arm, then. I'm going to move it just a little, to take a better look at it, okay?" She waited a few moments for Hyathia to take that sentence in, before proceeding as planned. She gently took the girl's hand into her own, and slowly, stably, lifted her arm to have a better, more in-depth look into the injuries she'd sustained. Evelyn's movements were precise, careful not to agitate the wounds the girl had already received, while preventing her from making any sudden movements with her arm. For a moment, she was quiet; As if in a world of her own. That moment didn't last very long. "Wooden splinters... bruising. Light scarring... And this gash. No signs of a reaction to the wood... I see..." She remarked quietly to herself, before carefully setting Hyathia's arm down once more.

Before long, she began to walk away from the table the girl had been taken up, heading instead to a nearby desk. She opened one drawer, then another, collecting items barely visible from the angle she was working at for the time being. "Did Erin do this to you?" She asked plainly, almost as if she were actively trying to catch the girl off guard with the question.

visualspice

Hyathia winced as the arm was moved, but the doctor was gentle. She bit into her lip and kept her gaze averted, then the woman walked away and Hyathia calmed some.

When the question was asked, she blinked, confused.
"No..well, I don't think so. No..." she shook her head. The fall was kinda insane,  she thought bluntly. Erin could have bruised her during the fall. The fall.. which she recalled..he somehow miraculously saved her from. The moment has been like a dream, and she flushed at the memory.

She then turned to Eve.
"We sort of had a pretty terrible,  nasty fall."

Hyacinthus

As Hyathia 'reminisced', if one could call it that, Eve stole a quick, unsuspecting peek at the girl-- Originally checking to see if her condition had changed at all. Spotting the fresh paint of light red in her cheeks, however, she returned her gaze to her work while holding back a coy smile. Before long, she'd collected all that she intended to; A few medical tools, some towels, bandages, a bottle of a clear liquid, a container of some sort of cream...?

"'Pretty terrible' goes a little way towards describing your condition, I suppose. Knowing Erin, I imagine it was off the side of a cliff... or off the back of a dragon." Eve returned to Hyathia once more, the tray of equipment in her hands. It had sturdy-enough legs for the doctor to set it down beside Hyathia's table on it's own, and at a perfect height for the woman to work from. Her golden gaze washed over the young lady once more as she took the bottle of liquid and a small, thin towel in her hands. "Lay flat, and relax. This will sting a bit, but do try to remain still, okay?"

visualspice

Hyathia gasped,  eyes wide. She hadn't even closed her mouth as the woman went on with her instructions,  then she promptly closed her lips and blushed.

Right, right,  she was being treated. She bit into her lip and nodded, moving to lay down upon the table as she closed her eyes , flinching to brace herself for the pain.

Hyacinthus

Eve smiled faintly, before her expression went relatively blank; Her mind focusing on the work ahead. With Hyathia laying down, she could better take care of that wound on her arm, and so she lightly doused the cloth with liquid, she began cleaning and treating the site of the wound. The sudden stinging and burning sensation the girl would likely feel, along with the smell, all but confirmed it was some sort of alcohol solution; That said, compared to just about everything else she'd been through, the pain was likely dull in comparison.

"He has a way of dragging people into his troubles... or stumbling into the troubles of others, that man." She off-handed explained as she continued to work on Hyathia's arm, pausing every so often to guage her pain. "Given his relative lack of injuries to yours... I take it the latter is true?"

visualspice

Hyathia winced,  eyes prickling with tears from the stinging pain of the alcohol. She was still mulling over the idea the woman nearly guessed the pair had fallen off a cliff. Had she somehow known? Was she a witch or mage of some mind?

The questions were nearly missed as she was lost inside her own head. She nodded,  glancing away.

"He saved my life."

Hyacinthus

"He tends to do that." Eve mused, as she continued making her way up and across Hyathia's arm. She continually gauged the girl's reactions, both to the pain and her own words as she worked, careful not to cause any unneeded ruptures or excessive pain, but not shying away from the dried blood and tears in her skin in the least.

"I'll assume he's kept you as close to his side as possible since, then... Given that the majority of your injuries seem to have been sustained at around the same time." She surmised, her hands moving further along the girl's arm. Slowly, carefully. If she was capable of some odd magic of sorts, or somehow knew more than she was letting on, she was doing quite a good job of not betraying her secrets; Her face instead focused on the task at hand, though the questions barely stopped. "You have several light lacerations on your legs and ankles, as well. And dirt, of course." She noted, something of a disappointed smile on her face.  "He never really was much of a gentleman."

visualspice

As the woman examined her legs, Hyathia mentioned she may have twisted something because as she walked to get here, her left ankle would have a shooting pain- a mild inconvenience compared to her arm. And she hasn't favored her other leg much as they traveled.

But then Evelyn mentioned Erin not being a gentleman and and she frowned.
"He saved my life,  " She reiterated.  "And hasn't really left my side since rescuing me." That was gentlemanly enough in her book.

Hyacinthus

"...Hm." Eve continued to treat the girl's arm in relative silence following her words, only speaking up as needed to instruct her when to expect sudden pain, or if she needed to adjust her arm. Before long, she withdrew from her, leaning back towards the table to gather something else; Her face hidden behind shadowy black locks of the finest curls while she worked. Before long, she turned her attentions back to Hyathia... a knowing smile on her face as she picked up the container of salve and another tool-- likely meant to apply it.

"You're rather taken with him, aren't you?"

The question might've seemed completely out of the blue, but Eve couldn't withhold her curiosity and amusement any further than she had. The girl's answer didn't matter too much to her, one way or the other; It was written on her face, in her words, and showed through her actions. "Sorry-- I can't help but tease you a little. Don't worry; I won't tell. Now, hold still... this won't hurt a bit." Eve said warmly as she began to apply the salve to Hyathia's arm. Compared to the stinging pain from earlier, the salve was sweet, blessed, cooling relief to her injury; Coating the most tender spots of her injury, and quickly numbing the radiating pain.

visualspice

Hyathia was taken off guard by the comment and her cheeks reddened.
"Wh.. what!?"
Why would she.. how...

She squirmed a bit at the salve, but also because she felt uncomfortable at the statements.

"He.. he saved me life," She stammered again, as if that justified.. whatever needed justifying. It wasn't her fault if he was cute or looked dashing and heroric in his armor...

He had saved her life. If anything,  she owed Erin her life .

She avoided the woman's gaze now,  still squirming a bit. Her arm still felt uncomfortable.

And she found herself asking, "How.. how do you know Erin?"

Hyacinthus

Eve couldn't help but chuckle a bit at Hyathia's unsurprisingly honest reaction to her words. She doubted she could've captured a more perfect moment of distress out of the girl if she tried; Her earlier questions just bits of icing on the cake that was her rather unsuccessful attempts at defending herself. Ah, to be that young again...

"How do I know him... I suppose you could say I was his first crush." She replied in a somewhat fond tone, continuing to carefully apply the salve to Hyathia's injury. She figured the conversation would eventually reach this point, in hindsight... and yet, still fumbled about a bit in her mind to find the words for it.

"This was a good number of years ago... I was doing some field work in Falkenrath and needed an escort back into the city. Erin took the job. Must've been his first time that far away from the duchy... We were attacked by a group of bandits. Erin was skilled, but young... and couldn't protect me." Her hands paused for a moment, as if mentally recalling something particularly unpleasant, before she continued. "They took me away to a cavern passage of some sort. At the time, I had resigned myself to an eventual death... But then Erin came walking in. Half-dead at best, with this look in his eyes as if he wasn't 'all there'. He killed all of them. I think... save for the battlefield, I've never seen so much blood."

Eventually, she once more withdrew from Hyathia's arm, putting her equipment away and grabbing bandages. "I remember him telling me that he would never let something like that happen, ever again. Even asked me to never leave his side again. And yes, I considered it... But I'm a doctor, bound to Uthlyn, and he's a wandering adventurer. He couldn't be the partner that I needed." Eve finished her tale by returning to the girl's arm, and beginning to slowly, carefully, apply the bandaging to it.

visualspice

At the reveal, she stiffened, then listened to her explanation., hanging on her every word. Then her belly twisted with an unwelcome serpent of jealousy,knotting itself until her throat was uncomfortably dry.

"That doesn't seem fair," She murmured. "If you were in love.. I'm sure you could have made it work. I..what.. what I mean to say is, .." what did she mean to say? She dropped her gaze and apologized.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pry."

Hyacinthus

As the good doctor further bandaged Hyathia further, she smiled. What a kindhearted girl-- or at the very least, an innocent one. "Oh, you don't need not apologize. It's nothing I haven't thought about myself, after all." Her eyes glazed over a bit, her thoughts wandering, yet her bandaging movements every bit as precise as they had been; It was as though she'd trained her body to act on instruction alone, without further input.

"But love is a finicky thing. My heart wanted to run away with him back then, and never look back-- face whatever dangers he might've faced, and stand by his side when the rest of the world wouldn't. But my mind and my body... couldn't. Even when we were attacked by those bandits, I froze in fear. They got the better of him, a far more skilled fighter, because I cowered. And when he came for me, covered in the blood of the same people who kidnapped me... I was afraid of him. When I think back on that day, I remember it all too well. He deserves better. Someone who can accept him as the hero he tries to be, and the blood-letting warrior he actually is."

Before long, the bandages were tied nice and firm around Hyathia's arm, and Eve nodded quietly at her own handiwork. "Very good. Now be sure to rest that arm as much as you can-- The bandages are tight, and should prevent you from making too many unnecessary movements, but if you aggravate it too much, the wound will still open all the same."

visualspice

Hyathia digested what the woman said. She had a point. And she thought about her own feelings and what she would do. Perhaps their answers would be the same. She was no warrior, not a doctor... she wasn't really skilled in anything.

If Erin even liked her a little bit, which she wasn't even sure her own emotions weren't more than a crush themselves, would anything become of it? She had zero experience with love, except the pile of romance novels now left behind in her home. And those stories... her entire body heated for a moment as she tried to shake off those ridiculous thoughts.

Those were stories, where brave men rescued the damsel and wentbthrough crazy, chaotic adventures but a fierce love they developed guided them through.  This was real life, and although their meeting and adventure thus far was crazy if not almost worse in a way than the events in the books...
It wasn't like Erin was poised to just whisk her off her feet. She flushed even more,  knowing what that entailed.

Part of her wanted that, a daydream of her and the knight discovering their hearts and bodies together more intimately after such an ordeal. Very.. very much so, she realized,  carefully swallowing the lump in her throat. 

Maybe she could thank him and...

What was she thinking? Hyathia rose, awkwardly testing the bandages before smiling over at Eve.

"Thank you. For all of your help." She'd say she'd feel better already but that wouldn't be truthful. It would be days before she'd feel less sore from her wounds, and probably weeks for the arm to heal. But she'd probably still want to thank Erin with some more intimate-

No! What was wrong with her? She's been alone with this young man for almost a day and she was getting such.. such.. ideas. But to be fair, she was so tightly spun up about everythingthat that,  coupled with her attraction, and her level of inexperienced and wanting hormones, what else would her mind choose?

Hyacinthus

Eve nodded with a smile, monitoring Hyathia a bit more both to double-check her handiwork as well as to ensure she hadn't missed a scratch somewhere or other. As she did so, her trained, golden gaze couldn't help but catch the occasional thoughtless look on Hyathia's face, or the uncomfortable shifting as she stood quietly. Given their most recent topic... it wasn't hard for her to put two and two together, with a knowing grin. She remembered that feeling herself, thinking back...

There was a tinge of jealousy in her chest, but it was drowned out by vicarious whimsy-- A sense of genuinely want to see how far the two of them could, or would, be able to take one another. Eve was no romantic, and held no notions casting aside her career on a whim, but that didn't stop her from wondering what would've happened if she did.

"If I might give a bit of advice, lady-to-lady..." She leaned in a bit, coming a bit closer to the side of Hyathia's face before continuing, "...He gets flustered when people whisper in his ear." She'd let the girl do with that information as she would, sensing she had very little time left to elaborate. Her ears were fairly familiar with the building, after all; She could tell when the back doors were opening, regardless of where she was inside. And surely enough, shortly thereafter, the sound of the boys returning filled the nearby hall as Emmerin's boasting about something or another echoed through the interior. Eve stepped away and opened the curtains; There was her son, of course-- a little dirtier than she recalled him. And entering right behind him was... oh dear.

Erin had returned, in a much different state than he'd left; The crimson-armored knight had stripped himself of his breastplate, pauldrons and gauntlets. Save for a simple, form-fitting tunic he'd worn beneath it, the man was practically topless, which put on display his naturally tanned skin and rippling, muscular form. "Mother! Mother-- Erin showed me how to parry to the left!" The younger boy happily stated, the dirt on his shirt serving as some sort of proof of that. The raven-haired woman's midnight-tinted gown shifted naturally across the ground as her eye shifted from her son, to Erin, almost languidly.

"Is that so?"

"W-well, he's not going to go out and win any wars today, but the kid has talent. And I probably should've asked, but I left my--" He began, before Evelyn dismissed his explanations with a wave, returning to the rather distant, yet sultry persona she'd put on prior to Hythia's treatment. "Armor and axe, yes-- blatantly obvious. Don't worry; You can come by and grab them later." She turned from Erin's gaze and back to Hyathia for a brief moment, before mouthing the next words with a mischievous smile to her, and only her.

"Good luck."