Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You don't know, Jack [M]

Started by visualspice, June 11, 2022, 07:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He wasn't sure how long she let him sleep, but he stretched the crick in his neck and gave a long, emphasizing yawn. Sitting up,  he observed the boat was in one piece befire he stood up, scratching his crotch as he turned away and opened the front of his pants and relieved himself into the waters.

"How's the sailing?" He asked,back to her as he continued his business.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Y'know, you may want to see a healer about that," Fiona quipped dryly, looking out over the river. "Frequent need to relieve oneself can be a sign of illness. And we're doing fine."

...She assumed. She didn't know anything about the topography around the river, but as far as she could tell, they were simply floating along quite serenely. Other than a few heavier clouds in the middle distance, it was actually quite a lovely day.

visualspice

He snorted.
"Hey, I was thirsty. Which reminds me, We'll need to stop to get fresh water soon. " He picked up the shared waters kind and what little water was left sloshed about.

"Here, give me those oars. I'll get us to shore  "
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Fiona handed over the oars gladly, rolling her shoulders and stretching both arms and wings as her back groaned with relief.

"Why can't we just use the river?" she asked when Jack mentioned fresh water. "Running water should be safe enough, shouldn't it?"

visualspice

Jack scratched at his beard.
"I guess. Just been in the city so long I typically don't trust the source. Have you seen what gets tossed in the river? I always try to find a spring,  something smaller that dumps into the river rather than the other way around."
He shrugged.

DragonSong

Fiona held her hands up, fingers spread, in a "don't look at me" gesture.

"Hey, you're the expert here. Well, between the two of us," she said with a shrug.

visualspice

"Yeah.. well.." he gave a sniff and idle scratch to his nose. "It's probably something you ought to learn. We'll be traveling a lot. Things like what leaves to use when you go to the bathroom and the best places to make camp."

Jack took a moment to stretch out his arms, eyes staring across the way as the boat continued to head now toward shore.

"We'll dock here. Looks like a stream is emptying into the river. We can get fresh water and uh... relax a bit on shore."
Jack tried not to eye Fiona, but their little escape down the river was making him... excited. And while what they did before was more than fun...

He still wasn't exactly the type of guy to know how to bring up 'Hey you wanna bang right now cause I'm horny?'

He was clumsy with women, awkward even- and this situation was always easier paid at the brothel. Now that he had....

Hell..
what did he consider her? What did she consider him, for that matter? Hell, for all he knew- she thought he was lousy at it and probably wouldn't want to...

Hell, what was he thinking or doubting? The two went at it like rabbits. Even still, he adjusted his pants and tried to ignore his more primal urges.

"Maybe I can hunt us dinner or whatever," he said, continuing to steer the boat shorewards.

DragonSong

Fiona nodded, frowning at the water. She knew he was right, she needed to get used to what traveling—and by extensions, survival on the road—meant.

"You hunt?" She looked back to him curiously, head cocked to one side.

Was he...looking at her?

She found herself flushing and glanced away again quickly. He probably wasn't. Right? What they had done...well, that had been impulsive. Spur of the moment, not...well...

She peeked sidelong at him, feeling heat rise in her chest just remembering.

visualspice

Jack shrugged. 
"Not really, but we're a bit limited in our options. I suppose we could wait to find a town to eat."

The boat scraped in shallow waters and rocked to a hault.  Jack jumped out, boots splashing in the waters as he hauled the boat mostly onto the shore of rocks. 

Then he studied the sky.
"Weather seems like it will be alright, " he reckoned. "Come on,  let's stretch out our legs on land. "

DragonSong

"Don't have to tell me twice." Fiona scrambled eagerly from the boat, more than happy to stretch legs, wings, and tail after sitting cramped for several hours. She stretched her arms up above her head and let her body bow backward, shaking her wings loose and swaying her tail lazily from side to side.

"God, that's better," she sighed happily, giving herself a little shake. She glanced around them, taking stock of the land. "Well...I don't know much about hunting or foraging, but I can definitely get us a fire going, if we need it?"

visualspice

He hadn't the thought to steal a glance and appreciate her stretching, but he did. And made enough sense to look away. 

He cleared his throat. 
"Fire would make sense.  Will make the rest more comfortable. " He shrugged his shoulders and cracked his neck and eyed the area. 

DragonSong

"Alright, I'll start on that then." Fiona set about collecting the driest bits of wood she could find, glancing up at Jack every so often as she did.

"See something?" she asked inanely, feeling awkward. But he was more familiar with "roughing it" than she was, and she really was trying to learn what sorta of things she should be keeping an eye out for.

visualspice

See something? He could have said a lot to that. But somehow stayed his tongue, sighing.
"No," came a begrudgened reply. "Just tired and our journey's only begun." He moved to Crack his neck again and pauses to survey the area.

"I can try to set a trap. Maybe catch us a rabbit, or quail." And he moved to test the flexibility of some nearby tree limbs.

"Can't promise nothing. Could also try to fish. Might promise more luck. Fish ain't as smart as other animals."

DragonSong

Fiona shrugged, settling herself down so she could start building the fire. "I'm in no position to judge—I'll take anything that's hot, at this point."

She hiked up her "borrowed" skirt a bit so she could cross her legs and leaned forward to breath a thin stream of flame onto the firewood. It caught with a bright crackle, and she sat back with a pleased smile.

visualspice

Jack gave a whistle. 
"I'm not sure if that's hot or not..."
He gave her an east, crooked grin before turning away.
"Guess I'll go do the manly thing and hunt.." he went on, adjusting his pants as he walked.

DragonSong

Fiona found herself blushing at that and shot him a quick Look. She bit her lip as he started to walk away, and then all of the sudden she was saying, "I mean...you don't have to go right now, do you?"

Oh God what am I doing?

Clearing her throat, she looked away from him and said with slightly forced carelessness, "I mean, you've been rowing most of the day. Maybe you should...sit a minute, first?"

visualspice

He continued away, however, scratching at his butt.

"No, no. Don't worry, Fiona. Jack's got this."

He cracked his neck and called over his shoulder. 

"I gotta shit anyways.  I'll be back though.. with food."

No one ever said the man had class...

DragonSong

Fiona shook her head as he walked away, though whether that was at him or her own damn self she wasn't entirely sure. "I cannot believe I am attracted to you," she muttered at his back with a small sigh before setting about making their little campsite a bit tidier. It was all she really knew how to do.

visualspice

It had been a decent while before Jack returned- likely to a point one might fret he may never return. But when he did.. he carried a few bags and dropped them with a gruff grunt beside her before dropping down onto the ground.

"Turns out we're not as far from civilization as we thought. I got us some bread and dried meats from a town way past the woods."
He gave a shrug about it before adding, "I was tipped off it was nearby by stumbling across a a few rabbit traps."

And a new gash on Jack's side proved just how much he had stumbled into it. He picked up a stick and poked at the fire.

"I also got you some kind of thing called a chocolate." He paused after an awkward moment before adding, "It's pretty good. I ate some."

DragonSong

"Oh my God, where have you--" Fiona cut off as he dropped his bags, then himself, onto the ground beside her. Something about him smelled...metallic? What...?

"You're bleeding," she realized, irritation replaced quickly with concern. She tried to move toward him, urging, "Let me see--have you even bandaged it? What were--"

Again, she found herself pausing. Chocolate? He'd...brought her chocolate? That was...surprisingly sweet.