Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The House of Riverspeak

Started by visualspice, January 14, 2023, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Like a gentle rolling wave the shadow moved before pausing, it's form rippling like water as it moved infront of the now half open door where the blonde man had been..

And inside..
Where a dark haired man lay.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"What?" Anoria peered into the room, saw the sleeping man, and immediately started to skitter back. But...her strange protector had brought her here...surely for a reason?

"What do you want me to do?" she hissed at the shadow creature. "I don't trust these people."

Of course...the man and woman had said something about a sleeping cousin... Maybe he was some sort of victim of this place as well?

visualspice

It seemed that the shadowy form, whatever it was was gone, all that remained was it 'felt' as though it were near.

Which left just her alone in the room with him.

The man lay, breathing a little ragged, skin pale and sickly. It seemed he might be with fever, except he looked cold rather than hot and lips blue near like death. 

Had the sickness, or whatever ailed him, not made him so- he had the promise of being a very handsome man- strong of jaw and back and body- that much still remained, his undershirt half button exposing his chest and the rising and falling of it as he breathed.

And then he spoke, murmuring through a whimper.
"Mother.. I will find you..." before he shook and trembled back into a fit full sleep..

Then was silent, a pained expression on his face where he lay.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Uhg. Humans. Distasteful at the best of times.

But...the shadow had helped her. So it must have brought her to this room for a reason. And...an instinct that she thought she had shut away a long time ago rose up in her chest.

Cautiously, she approached the sleeping human, and reached out to touch his shoulder lightly.

visualspice

The man jerked lightly at her touch. Groaning he moved fitfully before slowly opening his eyes.

"Mother..?" His voice weakly trailed off before he closed his eyes, wincing.

DragonSong

"Not quite," Anoria muttered, leaning in to shake his shoulder a little more firmly. "So sorry to disappoint."

visualspice

He groaned again, closing his eyes and clutching his head. It took him some time before he moved again, eyes bleary as he looked upon her. 

Something.. was not right...

His brows furrowed as he tried to focus, tried to study her...

"Who.. who are you?" 

She did not look like his cousin nor aunt nor..

Where was he?

He began to look around, confused by the room.

DragonSong

"That doesn't actually matter at this juncture," the faerie told him briskly as he started to come around. "What matters is that you and I are rather trapped. And—" She gritted her teeth. "I—apparently—can't get out of here on my own."

At least, she had to assume that was why the shadow had brought her here.

visualspice

The man tries to sit up, blankets falling off his bare chested form as a weak hand moved to brush brown locks of wild hair from his face. 

His form still held the strength of a man who worked hard and earned muscle, with gnarled scars rippling through the hairs of his chest and on the muscles of his neck, face and arm. And he was slicked with sweat, long, unruly curly dark hair plastered to his face- a face that had dark shadows from being well past the time for a shave and despite she finding him asleep, he looked haggard- as if he had not slept in weeks.

"Who... what..?" He didn't quite get what she was saying and moved to reach for a nearby candle, only to knock it over as it clamored to the ground.

A moment later, a voice came down the hall, "Quince?"

The man in the bed seemed to perk up at his name, he now half sitting up, a strong arm supporting his weight against the beds post.

DragonSong

Anoria moved on instinct, darting to the human's side and clapping her hand over his mouth.

"I'm not here," she hissed in his ear, her whole body shivering with tension. "Don't tell them I'm here."

visualspice

The man tensed at the sudden invasion of his space, not certain on how to react except to yank the hand clean from his mouth.

But that seemed to be about all the strength he had, and suddenly he collapsed into a heap against her form- taking both of them down off the side of the bed in the process and making a loud ruckus in the process.

And the foot steps grew closer.

DragonSong

Anoria cursed silently and--for lack of any better ideas--rolled under the bed. She had no idea who this man was or why her shadowy helper had brought her to him, but she was not interested in anyone else in this mousetrap of a house knowing that she was here.

She glared at the man--"Quince", she assumed--from the darkness under the bed, the gold flecks in her eyes suddenly luminous in the lack of light. With a proper look at her, and no magic to properly glamour herself, she knew he would see her as she was: snow pale, glowing eyes, too beautiful, not human.

visualspice

Quince cursed, his heart racing and beating oddly inside his chest. He grunted, doubled over, clutching at it as he tried to control how he breathed. He didn't seem to notice her under the bed, at least not directly in that moment- and a moment later- the door creaked open.

"Ah.. Cousin Quince.. you're.... awake," came the voice, not sounded as elated as one might think. It was curt and tart, and heavy foot falls moved inside the room.

"And what earth are you doing on the floor? Tut, Tut," he moved towards the other man, but Quince waved him off, jerking his head away as if in pain.

The other man frowned.

"You wantme to just leave you here on the floor, cousin?" he forced a laugh. "What kind of host would I be to let you suffer so? No, no.. it's back to bed with you. And I'll get you that tea that seems to help you very much. Come now.. one, two, three-" And with a grunt, the other man was able to help Quince up off the floor and into the bed.

She'd be able to hear the man deposited heavily onto the bed as he groaned above her.

"Now, now, rest- please. I will hurry and fetch you the tea myself. But it's good to see you.. awake," he went on, tightly before taking a step away from the bed. He eyed the other man for a good long while, calculating before deciding it was safe enough to let him return to solitude as he made his way towards the door.

"Don't forget to ring the bell if you need anything. I shan't be more than a few moments, Quince." And with that, the door clicked closed behind him and his foot falls fell away.

DragonSong

Anoria held her breath, keeping herself unnaturally still until the sound of footsteps began to fade down the hallway.

Moving cautiously, she crawled back out from under the bed and uncurled to her feet, then looked down at the strange occupant of the room.

She looked around for that strange shadow that led her here, but there was no sign of it.

Just what was she meant to do?!

visualspice

The dark haired man still remained, breathing laboredly from the bed. When she returned from under the bed, his eyes slowly opened to look at her. Puzzled, he began to realize he did not recognize her.

"Who... who are you?"

He rubbed at his face, wincing as he closed his eyes as a spell of pain over took him and he doubled over, clutching his head.

DragonSong

"That is my question for you," the faerie snapped back in a harsh whisper. "What is this place? Who was that man? What do you people do here?!"

visualspice

The man grunted as he tried to stave off the throbbing in his head, and grit his teeth as he looked at her.

"I don't know.. what you mean," he told her, confused. "I.. this place.." he felt something strike inside his head as he tried to remember... but something kept pushing those thoughts away from him.

"We're in my Uncle's house. I had come here.." he paused, frowning as the memories eluded him. "I.. can't rightly remember. I came here... "

Images flashed inside his head.. a sickness... his fall....

"I must have arrived and taken ill... I apologize I..." he felt so weak, deflated. But.. why couldn't he remember getting sick. 

He recalled being invited to dinner and dining with his Uncle's family...

And not much after that. He raked a hand through his dark locks. Maybe the tea would help him once his cousin returned.

"Are.. you a friend of the family?" He found himself asking, closing his eyes as another wave of illness fell over him.

DragonSong

Anoria bared her teeth. "Stars and tides forbid. I am trying to get out of here."

She glanced at the door and hissed quietly in frustration, her eyes flashing in the darkness of the room. "It seems you know even less about this place than I do, now," she muttered, giving up the idea that the human might be of some use in guiding her out of this place.

Typical.

visualspice

"You aim to.. leave?" Quince looked obviously confused. But he was weary to the bone and took a moment to study her.
"You're... a fae, aren't you?" That much he could deduce, even in his state. But did that matter? He closed his eyes, feeling dizzy again.

"The.. front door is on the main floor..." Surely she could use that to leave.
He licked his lips. He was so thirsty, and wondered if his cousin would be back soon with his tea.

DragonSong

Anoria glared at him. "And if it was so easy to reach, don't you think I would have done so by now?"

"What I am is of no importance to you," she added with a small huff. Her eyes kept cutting toward the door, waiting anxiously for the sounds of his returning "cousin". "What is of importance is just what your...family is doing in this place."