Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

m3owdy's Wants and Limits

Started by m3owdy, March 20, 2023, 08:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m3owdy

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
The plot of the motley duo has always been one of my favorites - put two rather unlike characters in a situation where they have to work together, and see some beautiful, if not a little... janky? bloom out of the mess.
I will always put characters in as big of a city as possible and get them to meet people, I'm all about the urban life and how things work differently in it than outside. Absolutely love being the guide to a city and playing with the dynamics within it.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Romance-for-the-sake-of-it, sorry, nah.
Also, I tend to stick at the lower top-down power level of things - how should I put it? I wouldn't play the ruler of a nation for sure, I'd be divided about playing a noble or a general, then a lieutenant, maybe, a regular soldier? Or the retainer of a noble? Of-definitely-course. I want to tell the story of the not-so-common folk.
Politics/statecraft is something I've always been shaky at, so I'll have to think rather carefully before trying my hand at it.

What are your favorite character types to play?
Almost always the owner of some sort of establishment or service, followed by the techy/booky and often somewhat rugged type of character. Then, someone somewhat of an outcast to society for one reason or another, but that's found some niche so amazing it's made them friends that see beyond the prejudice.
I very rarely play actual human characters as a human myself...

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
A little of both. Make a plan simple enough to set the story on the right track, and then it's pants time. I will surprise and be surprised.

How do you feel about group threads?
I'd take a third or a fourth at most, don't really like the dynamics of threads that grow beyond that number of characters unless we all know each other and have OOC outside of SotE. It'll be a little too clunky and out of sync.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
Within the week or half-week usually, within the month if I'm having IRL. If you will have to wait more, or if I feel like we should call our RP there, I'll say for sure.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Within the month w/o notice. If I'm told about a hiatus beforehand then that stretches to as long as you need!

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
If necessary.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
I wish I could, but my timezone (GMT+8) usually puts those kinds of plans in their tracks. But as always let me know.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Long-ish posts, the type that makes us wonder about the world and our surroundings in order to fill up the time in between our posts.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Good use of basic BBcode to indicate dynamics in a characters speech/thought, also logically/reasonably spacing out long blocks of RP text to make them easier to follow.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Too much internal monologue, I think?

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
Innocent godmodding is fine, like putting something in my character's hand for them to look at or the like. Outside of that, suggest first!

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
Let romance happen organically, please! Rejection is fine, love-triangles, ehhh... age differences, talk beforehand and for the rest etc.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
Fine with it as long as it is done maturely, tactfully and tastefully in the RP context. Asking beforehand is always nice.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
Ditto above.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
If they started with it, probably going to keep them as-is. I tend to go with the fact that medicine probably isn't that amazing wherever characters are in any setting.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
Hard no, sorry.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
I'm in GMT+8! Friend-request me at Caitsith#1337 and tell me who you are if you want an OOC channel outside of SotE you want to reach me at.
Hells take us, heaven can wait.