Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lutheian's Wants and Limits

Started by Lutheian, March 20, 2023, 02:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutheian

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm interesting in trying a little bit of everything at least once! I do generally prefer stories with more adventure and interaction between characters, especially more slice-of-life plots. Relationship-wise, I've a preference for MxM couples - platonically, romantically, whatever, no preference (though, being aromantic irl... I can't guarantee it'll be written very realistically!).

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Plots focused on politics, countries, locations, etc. I'm more interested in plots centered around characters and their daily lives - not to say I will never do the above plots, but I simply don't have a particular interest in them. Relationship-wise, there isn't anything I won't at least try, other than FxF - currently, playing female characters gives me some dysphoria, so it's not something I'm interested in doing!

What are your favorite character types to play?
While I'd love to try more in the future, most of my characters so far are similar - often middle-aged, usually have some sort of career in the medical field (or equivalent), and suffering horribly from anxiety and having difficulty speaking normally with others.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I prefer a plan! I have difficulty with surprises/being surprised due to having a very hard time initiating scenes or having something happen without asking. Being aware of at least a general outline of the plot helps me greatly!

How do you feel about group threads?
I'm interested in them! However, due to some anxiety, I fear I may have difficulty trying to enter!

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I can reply rather quickly, depending on post length and how I'm feeling - a few paragraphs can take ten minutes to about thirty, if I'm actively working on it! Though, given life and general writing-block, it may take longer - feel free to give me a nudge after a few hours, or maybe a day.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I'm willing to wait very long, I never like to assume things, and will happily wait weeks.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I don't know what that is? I have no issues!

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
While I love seeing another person be as enthusiastic as I am, the speed may get overwhelming! I fear my quality may drop with longer posts - shorter ones are less of an issue, though!

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Partner's preference! I can adapt to other styles, though I struggle with longer posts - a paragraph is about what I'll average, ignoring adapting to other lengths.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I love styles that are detailed, and help give me more information about characters and locations involved - not only do I love how it reads, but it helps give me a better idea of the other characters involved! I also generally prefer third-person writing, as first-person feels uncomfortable to me.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Nothing in particular, other than first-person writing.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are your limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
I'd prefer to be asked for consent prior, or have it written in a way the action has not happened yet, giving my character a chance to respond.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
While I have no issue with romantic situations, it can sometimes be uncomfortable to write, as a person. not to mention, being aromantic, I quite frankly... don't understand the intricacies of it, and worry I won't write it accurately. However, I am simultaneously very interested in trying it! I'm fine with pre-plot, letting it happen organically (though I will miss every single hint, as a forewarning), IC-rejections, so on. I do have a particular taste for age-differences, and would be very open to writing a relationship involving that! I have no opinion on love-triangles.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I have a deep fascination for in-depth gore, though I understand it isn't a common view - it will never be forced in any RP involving me. Generally, I prefer it to be in a more medical sense, such as sewing up wounds, rather than an active combat sense. I also have no issue with drug use or heavy violence, though I have little confidence in my ability to write combat scenes. Detailed sex is deeply uncomfortable for me (and, also being asexual, is deeply confusing), though if it ever comes up, I'm fine with a "fade-to-black." Sexual assault also makes me uncomfortable, though I won't be too bothered of its inclusion as long as there's a warning.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
I'm fine with pregnancy and miscarriages in plots - as I often RP doctor-like or adjacent characters, it's a topic that wouldn't be out of place to come up.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
While I generally prefer healing to not be so powerful, I have no problems with it - I'm still somewhat unfamiliar with what, precisely, each type of magic can do, so I'm willing to leave it entirely to my partner(s) preference.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
I'd prefer consent before it, and not have it just happen randomly at the whim of someone else. With consent I have no issue.

Anything else?
I'm completely new to RP, so I have much to learn! I greatly appreciate any help I receive, and look forward to meeting others! I consider myself to be rather casual, so nothing is ever a rush. I'm also always open to any and all communication with others, so feel free to message me/etc. about any RP ideas or tips! I'm always grateful for the help!