Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Plots and possible event ideas for Essryn

Started by visualspice, April 30, 2023, 08:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Essryn needs more love! I hope to bring more activity and plots so I figured might as well post up my thoughts so others can join in on the discussion and help me form some ideas that could turn into events!

One of my ideas is a nation wide event revolving around an archeological find- like an ancient tomb or palace. This would presumably be out in a more remote area, like the desert, perhaps even near to the Glass Desert. 

Now okay while finding ancient ruins is awesome in itself, that's not dramatic enough for my tastes. Perhaps they awaken a curse, find some immortal being locked away , or simply awaken an ancient plague. Maybe all three or none! Perhaps the find is controversial to their religion? They find a cult that opposes Hakeshna's power, something a former monarch attempted but in the end failed and was more or less erased from history?

Just some ideas and thoughts!

Or.. what if the desert suffers from a flood? D: Where insane amounts of water befall the nation and like what are desert dwellers to do?

Also, the Shah http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16557.msg184285#msg184285
Is young, naive and unmarried.  I'd love to play more into that. Also, just over all having fun in this area in general- with schmoozing merchant princes and weary worn down slaves.

Let me know your thoughts!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kingfisher

I have my own Merchant Prince in the area who might be useful.  Parsa is an especially powerful seer and might have something to contribute regarding big, nation-altering events.

He is also unmarried, though I'm not sure I ship him with Persea for many reasons.

visualspice

I'd be up for plots! I have a bunch of available characters. Did you have any scenarios you'd like Parsa involved in?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Bees

HULLO

i adore the idea of uncovering an archeological dig vast and mysterious enough for adventurers to swarm in like flies! i have no idea how popular this sort of thing is on SotE, but i'd appreciate a kind of guided play, where one user takes on the role of dungeon master and reveals what the player or players find as they explore, the sorts of dangers they cross or puzzles they face!

in a more refined manner, i'd like it if the exploration revealed more and more damning evidence of, uh, heretical happenings in essyrn's past. either outright denial of hakeshna, or hakeshna worshipped in a controversial form~

dunno how many people are on the discord vs forum, but if you're looking for a quicker back-and-forth, hmu on discord! :D

visualspice

Just replying to let you know I haven't forgotten this and hope to reply soon!

Kingfisher

Sorry for the slow response.  Sadly, I'm still trying to work out what his specific goals should be.  I've been leaning towards politics and reformation, and I could see him trying to get in the Shah's good graces to help push a more liberal agenda.

He also has three sisters in case anyone is interested in helping build out his extended family.

visualspice

Just posting a list of my available Essryni characters for plots and some possible ideas (which by no means are set in stone)

Persea, Shah of Egypt
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16557.msg184285#msg184285
As a young ruler, she has much to learn as far as playing politics and running a country that's used to being ruled by men.

Ne'friss 
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14581.msg132750#msg132750
Spoiled brat and merchant princess. Used to living in excess and getting her way. Would love to see her forced into unlikely scenarios or unlikely friendships. 

Ina-herit
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=26884.new#new
A cursed young girl trying to figure out her destiny. Would like to see a long term companionship where perhaps a connected mystery unravels between an unlikely pair

Evelyn 
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16556.0
A merchant princess of Connlaothian descent. Would like to see her interacting with other of her status 

Krazcxick
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=27175.0
A slave I'm looking to develop more with a master or some interestingly paired friendships 

Djchastese 
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=27176.0
An adventurer who I'd love to develope his concept a bit more!

Ihsepar
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16567.0
Another spoiled merchant, an inheritor. Would like to see unlikely adventures and friendships tossed his way

Striker
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=26926.msg390047#msg390047
He could be in Essryn just 'looking for a good time,

Ithica
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=26929.msg390065#msg390065
Innocent and trapped away from the world as she's literally shackled to her duties, I'd be interested in a story where she ends up on a crazy adventure 

Dao'bachpa
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=18609.msg235355#msg235355
An interesting vampire who might be in town for work or play