Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In God We Trust [M]

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2023, 07:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yet..." he began, voice low, gravely. "You're here aiding the priest. "

After a time, he moved to work at lathering up soap into her hair, gently massaging into the scalp and producing a thick lather.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

His hands on her scalp were soothing and her eyes closed again but this time to live in the moment. She could stay here like this forever and forget about life itself. There was a pleasure to it, but not a sexual one... no....a simpler, safer pleasure that washed away woes and worldly cares.

"Aid him?" Her eyes shot open and a nervous chuckle escaped her lips and she was sudddenly, extremely, entirely embarrassed. "No..... not... exactly.."

She leaned down to where her satchel lay discarded and pulled out a large glass vial filed halfway with white powder. She placed it on the table without a word.
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

visualspice

He said nothing, continuing to do work a deep lather over her skin. She was completely covered and he was ensuring he was working hard and deep. 

Then he moves to grab a small cup nearby and began to work on rinsing out her hair.

And remaining silent. 
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

Although the water was warm, the air around her was colder and goose bumps rose quickly across every inch of her skin. The water and suds were pink instead of white as they slid down her body and onto the floor; her thin shift clung to her body leaving nothing to the imagination.

"It's a....kind of mushroom?" She tried to find the words to explain, "We use it back home for...well...there isn't a word for it in human tongues....it's a...aiding poison? No...um...a...not-death...er?" She scratched her head and sighed, "It grows in the woods outside of the Fell, before things get...questionable. When harvested under the right moon phase, they have a lot of good qualities and are used in healing and," she paused, hesitant to admit the demons that followed her since they parted, "A few grams provide a dreamless sleep. A few more cause complete, lucid paralysis."

She shivered as the cooler air continued to lick her skin. Gods he would find her stupid, wouldn't he? And he wouldn't be wrong. What had she actually been thinking would happen?

"I...didn't come back for the clock. Not exactly." Her voice was quiet, her eyes glued to her hands, "I was going to collect it but..." her eyes lifted to the vial for a quick moment before falling again, "After they all burned."

visualspice

He listened to her talk. He knew what she meant. He knew everything about a person of interest. And she?

She was absolutely on his radar. And they had enough time apart for him to properly dig up information on her- what little there was. 

No, she made more of a name for herself with this other identity she created.

"Then it shall be done."
His voice had the promise of ice.

Goldie

The water he poured over her had removed most of the blood from her hair, but it had also begun removing the brown she had used to color it. Nothing seemed to want to stick to the red, she had found, and bits of fire were bleeding through after just one rinse. Her eyes lifted again to meet his, confusion glimmering there. Connlaoth had broken her and nothing made sense anymore. She was adrift in a world of darkness and death and couldn't come up for air no matter how hard she tried.

"Why?" She asked breathlessly, "Why do this for me? Without question? Without asking for anything in return? I am nothing but a blip in your world, Opus Dey. I'm nothing but a complication."

visualspice

He said nothing, letting the quiet after the question linger. He then stood up, arms open as he held out a large towel for her. Once she'd stepped inside, he'd wrap the towel around her- and then would simply hold her form close.

Goldie

Saoirse stared at him, her disbelief and confusion rising by the second. Why couldn't he just talk to her? Why the ever infuriating silence? Did he not want her to know or did he expect her to find the answers herself? None of it made sense. Her life didn't make sense.

Humans are dangerous. Her father had warned before she left over a year ago. She had thought him bigoted, stupid even, but he was right. Of course he was right. He was hundreds and hundreds of years old and she was a child. Old in human years - ancient even - but as an elf she was barely out of the nursery.

She stared at the open towel. Hesitating.

She didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve any of this. She should turn him down; should put on the clothes regardless of how wet she was and just leave.

But she couldn't. Gods she couldn't. She needed him more than she would ever admit because it was weak. She was weak.

She needed a moment, just one blissful moment, where she could close her eyes and not see...him.

So she hesitated, yes, but ultimately stepped forward and shrugged the wet shift from her shoulders where it fell in a heap on the floor at her feet, and allowed the towel to encompass her while Opus' arms pulled her close.

visualspice

Much was left unsaid in the silence they shared. For even though he had much to say, he had been trained since his youth to be mindful of his tongue, how to distract in conversation...how to lead one's prey.

But his father never taught him some core aspects of life, one's that he would rarely find the time to entertain them or question them- and they seemed as fake and surreal as the the bed time stories told to children.

Yet this? As he held her, just kept her trembling , cold body close, he felt the desire to explore something more.

And that single idea, he knew, was a dangerous mistake. But should he care? A simple, small act could start the crack that could break the back of his entire empire. One he had been trained for- raised since birth....

Perhaps it was the lack of his mother, the lack of close bonds...

But the criminal before her remained equally as intrigued by the woman he held as she did with him.

But this.. whatever it was.. was different than so many other things in his life. This.. he had made a choice. Nothing coached from well laid plans or mutual gains to rise up his empire.

No..this woman in his arms represented the simple, sweetness of choice.

"You're right," came his voice, like a deep growl rising softly in his chest. "You are a complication," he agreed.

Goldie

Time seemed to stop in these moments as she just let herself exist for the first time since her arrest. She allowed the sound of his heart beat to fill her head intermingled with the gentle woosh of air as it filled and released from his lungs. This man was known for chaos and death. He was responsible for the destruction that she had just witnessed and yet he was her anchor in the storm. Despite it all, despite what he might claim, he had come back and sought revenge on the people that kept her awake; the demons that woke her screaming in the middle of the night. He might be a monster, but his reign of destruction brought her a peace she had not felt since.

And there it was...she had left him because she knew she could destroy him. Her very existence could bring down the life he had worked so hard to cultivate. Would she be able to live with herself if she was the reason he fell?

"Opus..." she began, and then nearly jumped out of her skin when a heavy knock came at the door.

"Miss?" A muffled female voice called through the door, "I'm just checking to make sure everything is alright. Do you need any assistance?" The handle jiggled softly.

Saoirse pulled her head away from their embrace, "No, no I'm fine, thank you."

visualspice

The handle would jiggle but then stopped. It seemed the woman couldn't open it and when she stepped back, it seemed a faint glow to the door knob faded.

The woman on the other side either didn't notice it, or did not react.  She did, however, hesitate before apologizing and continuing her way down the hall.

Opus, who had lifted his hand very subtly, lowered it as the other woman left. He then took a step back, regarding the half elf a moment before speaking.

"You should get dressed."

Goldie

Saoirse held the towel tightly against her with her good hand as Opus stepped back and she felt oddly embarrassed about the whole situation, but why she couldn't quite figure out. Perhaps it was how quick she was to let his very presence soothe her. Perhaps it was the fact that she felt comfort in him in a way that just didn't make any sense. He had just committed mass murder. Mass torture of dozens of men.

But they had all had a hand in her own torture. They all were complicit in the murder and sheer destruction of people like her. He might not have come to this city with clear intentions, of that she had no doubts, but somewhere along the line he had decided to take her demons and destroy them for her.

She nodded, silently, and turned to find the clean dress that had been provided. It was extremely simple, not much more than an undyed linen dress with a long gray tunic that slipped right over top and cinched with ties at the side to accommodate people of varying sizes. With her back turned, she lifted the underdress over her head while keeping the towel firmly in place until modesty allowed it to drop onto the damp floor and the dress slid across her newly cleaned skin and fell just at her ankles. It was probably meant to be longer, but she wasn't exactly the height of an average Connlaothian woman and doubted they had many dresses that would fit her without alterations.

The tunic proved troublesome, as she soon found out just how limited the movement of her left hand was. She tried to hide the winces that threatened to overtake her face as she worked slowly to tie the sides into place. She would need to re-plait her hair as well, she noticed upon looking up at the small mirror on the wash table. Her ears were prominently poking through strands of her not-quite-brown-but-not-quite-red hair. She wouldn't have time to fix it now and just hoped it was subtle enough that they didn't notice a huge difference. Her hair had been so completely covered in blood before, it wouldn't be too odd for a lighter color to come through after a wash.

She sighed after a moment and began the arduous process of hiding her ears while doing her best to keep her hand as still as she could in the process.

visualspice

As usual, the large man remained as an imposing shadow- silent and observant. He didn't move to assist her, reading the tension and aversion. He knew she was still digesting hid guilt in all of this. 

He had created horror- scarring many lives and ending so many in such a brazen way...

But it was all apart of how he lived. One was simply not known and feared world wide without reasons. And those who fucked either him would come to realize why they began to fear him in the first place.

In a sense, he had not only gotten revenge for her, and for what the men had done, but had also recemented his reputation in Connlaoth. Where it had once waned, horror stories would sweep through the lands... and Opus Dey's reputation would remain as it should. 

He noted her fussing over her hair and raised a hand, resting it on her arm.

"You should leave it."

Goldie

He was so quiet and she was so engrossed in minimizing the pain in her hand that, for a moment, she forgot that Opus was even there. It had been a long few weeks of constant anxiety and stress to hide who she was and cultivate this new persona that it was easy to fall back into habits. Extremely important habits, to be exact, seeing as they kept her hidden; kept her alive.

When his hand touched her arm she jumped as if coming out of a trance. Her heart raced for a moment until she realized that she wasn't actual in any danger, but her fingers remained entwined in strands of her hair mid-braid.

She looked up at him in the small mirror and then back at herself. The sight of her ears sent an unexpected fear coursing through her. How long had she been afraid of herself? When had that started?

Another glance back up at Opus betrayed that fear and she slowly shook her head, "I...they'll see." she argued. If she didn't hide they'd just take her again, wouldn't they? Maybe it would be different now that he was lying in the other room slowly dying from the wounds Opus had inflicted upon him, but there were bound to be others like him. Regardless, to be seen, to be found, would mean death.

visualspice

Opus gave her a stern look through the mirror before moving to stand before her. He was so much taller than she- than most- and the way he stood only bolstered the confident and dangerous persona before her.

"Leave it," he said, not a command- but it sure seemed like it.

Goldie

He was so tall as he stood before her and she was certainly not short, especially for a woman. As an elf she was on the shorter side, sure, but here, outside of the forests, she towered over most women and stood eye-to-eye with the men. But not Opus. He made her feel like a child looking up at the world rather than looking at it.

Her hands dipped slightly at his words, but the hair remained loosely grasped in her fingers. She found that she couldn't let go.

"They'll see." she repeated, almost whispering.

visualspice

He moved to step closer- a hand closing over her's as she held her hair.

"Let them."

Goldie

When his hand wrapped around hers she found the courage to let the strands of partially dyed hair to slip from her fingers, and she let the strength of them guide her. Her brown and gold eyes locked onto his still filled with a mix of fear and confusion. His words stirred a memory in her long since forgotten.

Let them. Were the exact words her father had said to her years ago when she had started using her magics to hide her brown eyes - her human eyes. She had always been different; always been "other." Whether in the human world or elvish, she stood out and tried to hide who she was. But she was both. There was no getting around that fact.

"Why are you here, Opus." She asked softly, her gaze never wavering, "I left so you didn't have to be here - so you wouldn't have to make that choice. You let me leave. You could be anywhere but....you're here.

visualspice

For a long moment, unspoken words chewed on the inside. The tension grew palpable. Then he lowered his hand. 

"So are you."

Goldie

She chewed on that for a moment as she let her hands fall to her side and her half-braided hair brushed against her shoulders. It was starting to curl as it dried in a mix of ringlets and waves - yet another indication of her humannes. None of her elven kin has anything but long straight hair in varying shades of white and red. At least she had gotten that....

"I am." She responded slowly, "Though your being here makes my reasons rather pointless now."