Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In God We Trust [M]

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2023, 07:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He studied her, the small details of her face, the wet ringlets of her hair.

"And where am I supposed to be?" He asked.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

"I don't know." She admitted, "But I don't think it would have been here if we'd never met. At least not for this kind of vengeance."

Bold assumption, she knew, but was she wrong? Would he have targeted these people specifically if they had no connection?
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

visualspice

He looked thoughtful as he regarded her.
"Perhaps.. but does it matter? It has already been done."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

She thought for a moment, finally breaking his gaze and staring down at her hands as her thumbs spun round eachother absently.

"No. I suppose it doesn't." She replied, "Though....your way was better than mine." She looked back up at him again, "Thank you."

visualspice

He nodded, still regarding her. She seemed so small. The way she stood, tense and with an unreachable itch- he was trying to process it.

He never had time to truly worry about the emotions of others. To consider things outside of his establishment... he had his hands in too many pots that that simple act was a luxury. 

Strange how he found himself with free time enough to indulge in his own life choices- and those choices lead him to her.

She couldn't understand how precious a thing was where he could allow for choices outside of his own empire's gain. This was a choice. She was a choice- and now that he was bound to something outside of his greater enterprise- he could not help himself but to loop them in, together. 

Even now, his time was limited. He couldn't remain in Connlaoth- affairs were drawing him back to Essryn. But he would afford her this. He would destroy her demons. And he did so in a way that also rose above his desired goals. 

"I will be leaving soon," he found himself saying, not realizing a hand has moved to cup her face. So he just stared at her, and into those honey warmed eyes of hers.

Goldie

This time when his hand moved to rest on her cheek she didn't flinch and didn't move away. In fact, she did the exact opposite and found her own hand reaching up to lay against his and she leaned into it while closing her eyes. In this moment she could ignore everything outside of that door. She could pretend that the world beyond simply didn't exist and the only thing that mattered was the feel of him against her skin.

"I understand." she replied with a deep, shuddering breath. She understood, but she didn't like it. She wanted to go with him. She wanted to beg him to take her with him but that was a selfish wish wasn't it? And an unfair one. Of course she couldn't go with him. Of course she couldn't voice any of those wants and desires. But, Gods, she wanted to.

Instead, she wrapped her slender fingers around his and held onto him for this singular moment a little bit tighter than was necessary.

visualspice

They shared a silence, long and needed.

But then he spoke. 

"Have you ever been to Essryn?"

Goldie

The silence stretch on and she let it, not wanting to end this moment because she knew what it would mean and she wasn't ready for it. So she let it drift and seared the feel of his hand into her mind.

And then it was over.

But...what? Essryn?

Her eyes opened and her head lifted just slightly as she shook her head slowly.

visualspice

The smile started in his eyes and tugged subtly at his lips.

"I have a ship.." he began, a hand moving to stroke across her hair. He studied her, the thought just hanging there before his eyes returned to hers. "And it leaves port tomorrow. "

Goldie

She stood there silently, a chill running down her neck as his fingers moved through her hair, and processed the intent behind his words. She knew him enough to know that things like this weren't offered on a whim or just for conversation. To tell her about this ship was intentional...

But was that just her wishing it to mean more than just information? Hoping that he was just as loath to leave her as she was him? She knew she should just ask but...

"Does this ship require sinking to the bottom of a river covered in iron?" she said instead.

visualspice

The shimmer in his eyes grew and the smile.. more obvious. 

"This ship will not fit in a river."

Goldie

She took a step closer to him, neck straining to keep eye contact - Gods he was tall. The heat from his body radiated against her, but she kept enough distance that their bodies had just enough space to keep from touching.

"And you'll get to the port how? That safe house didn't fit in a river, either." Saoirse knew she should just ask him simply is this an invitation but part of her was worried about his answer. Another part of her just wanted to hear him admit he wanted her without needing to extract it from him by force.

visualspice

A hand moved to cup her face again, his own eyes holding hers.

Then he suddenly pulled her in close, so their bodies pressed.

"It's already in port..."

Goldie

The feel of him against her sent a thrill to the tips of her fingers and toes and she breathed him in with a deep, shuddering breath. She could hear his heart beating against her ear where it rested on his chest.

It was too much, she needed him to tell her what she thought he wasn't quite saying. What she hoped he was saying...

"How will we get there, Opus?"

visualspice

He moved to place a finger beneath her chin, so that she was looking up at him again.
"Magic," he told her softly, before stealing a soft, gentle kiss- a strange opposing action to the horror only beginning to quell in the world around them. "We leave once the sun sets. And we'll sail come the morning."

Goldie

The kiss was so gentle it was easy to forget that this same person, these same hands, had brought about the destruction of the city outside of the washroom's door. She could forget that he was dying just down the hall. Forget the number of deaths she had aided on her way to this very church.

She pulled back and made a face, "And it won't require iron and a river, right? I just need to be really sure about that before I agree to go anywhere."

visualspice

This time, he smiled more openly and scooped her up, pressing her to the wall and kissed her with more heat than the Essyrni sun. A hand moved through her hair- then down her body, before his hands grew softer, slower and his eyes returned to hers.

"I can't make such promises," he said, voice husky.

Goldie

A gasp of surprise and thrill escaped her lips as he pressed her against the wall and she returned his passion with her own. Her good hand snaked up around his shoulders and her fingertips wove into the hair at the base of his neck. With one simple act he made her feel alive again after weeks of forcing herself not to feel. Survival meant disappearing and so she did just that.

But now...every part of her was on fire and she felt her body instantly responding to his touch.

She stretched her lips towards his ear and ran her fingers up and down his neck, "Then maybe I shouldn't go?"

visualspice

He leaned down at her ministrations, - he was towering over her, after all. And made a soft noise as her lips met his neck. But then at her words, he smirked and looked into her eyes again.

"I wouldn't force you to go."

Goldie

She drew her head back, her eyes suddenly serious as she held his gaze, "And that is exactly why I'll go."