Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In God We Trust [M]

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2023, 07:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

His large hand cupped her cheek as he studied her.
"You have a strange reason to agree," he said quietly, a thumb stroking her skin, softly.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

"I disagree." her hand still draped delicately across his shoulder and her fingers twisted in a few loose strands of his hair, "You have the power of force and yet you choose not to use it. Choice is a powerful thing."
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

visualspice

Opus actually tensed at that. Whether or not he had come to that realization before, it still gained a reaction. 

But she wasn't wrong. In any sense of the word. 

"And yet you use it to follow a criminal."

At that he smirked. 
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

She cocked her head to the side, "From where I'm standing you followed me. Three times now, it would seem."

And then she frowned as a memory woke within her, "Unless...it's actually four?" an eyebrow raised at that, "What lead you to that antique shop after the riots? Coincidence?"

Her heart fluttered inside her chest and a grin spread across her face, "Surely not me?"

visualspice

"And you can't see much from where you stand," he reminded, the jest present but he spoke as if facts were given.

"How much do you really know about Opus Dey?"

But their shared moment did not last as there was another knock at the door. 

"Miss?" A pause.  "Are you alright? "

It was Danning.

Goldie

She thought for a moment back to all of the songs that she'd heard, and sung, about the infamous Opus Dey. People were quick to spread stories in song, but rarely would speak about him otherwise - she had tried to ask questions over the weeks since they had parted but there was real, true fear behind the eyes of anyone who actually knew anything.

And after seeing the city it was no wonder.

"Lye vrae." she answered after a few moments of silence, which meant you are a phantom in the language of her people.

She would have said more, but another knock on the door made her jump. With Opus pressed against her it kept her from losing her balance, but her heart raced in her chest and she closed her eyes as she rested her head against the wall for a beat.

"Fine." she responded and then cleared her throat when it didn't quite come out, "I'm fine. Thank you. Finishing up."

She looked at Opus in question. What should they do?

visualspice

Her eyes turned to him for answers.  There were always eyes looking to him for answers. It was the way of things.  Some were born to follow.. others were born to lead.

And in sometimes, for those rare moments- the followers would take up the reins.

For now? For now, Opus Dey knew exactly what he was about to do. Each step, each movement- a calculation. 

They remained close, but a single step drew them closer still, as a large hand cupped the back of her head and he leaned in and kissed her, long and with a powerful need.

A kiss that would make one's eyes close tight.
A kiss that would traverse one to another world.

Or in this case...

A kiss to take them both into...

Opus stepped back, the wooden room around them creaking as the ship they now dwelled within was rocked gently by the sea.

It only took a heart beat- but they were there. They had made it to the ship.

And that's when Opus fell unconscious to his knees.