Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Half-Elf Runs

Started by Anonymous, June 10, 2006, 01:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

So you did tell her about that?

No of course not....I left that for you.

(next words not apporipite)

Adri sighed then stopped she closed her eyes for a moment then opened them again, "There is a group of small trees up ahead. Lets keep going until then." She then moved forward.

Lukas grinned watching his sister, "She's amazing isn't she? Are you sure it wasn't something else?" the last question was directed at the dark form of her sister.

"Yes it was the trees....I'm not stupid."

Lukas winced and continued walking in silence until they came upon the very trees that Adri had mentioned.

"Well done Adriana."

Adri looked over at Lukas as he said her full name, "That's a first in a while."

Lukas grinned slightly. "Ok come on."

The walked into the middle of the glade and faced each other. Adri brought her hands in front of her and together just as Lukas did.

Subract the light so the unwary don't cross our path

Add the darkness so that those wishing us harm can find us not.

"light"

"dark"

each word was whisphered and as Light was said the light in the glade seemed to dim until it was almost totally dark. Then a small light appeared in the middle of the glade.

As Dark was whisphered the darkness increased quickly until one could not see in front of themself....then it was gone and one could see normally. The light in the midddle of the glade was a simple fire.

Adri sighed and went into a corner of the glade to sit down. Lukas came over to Aradia and grinned. "There no one should bother us for the night. No one can see the fire wither or smell it.

Anonymous

"Well then. That was weird. But hey, whatever works," Aradia said with a shrug of her shoulders as she sat by the fire. "Oh yeah, she's amazing all right," she added with a playful shake of her head. "Well, I guess we should be getting some sleep. Otherwise I might be grouchier than usual in the morning," Aradia said as she started to lay down on her back and watch the fire as she tried to drift to sleep.

Anonymous

lukas smiled at her as she drifted asleep. He then slipped off his own pack and took out three blankets. Standing up he walked over to where his sister was sleeping. The blanket was laid over top of her.

"Get some sleep, yourself."

Lukas paused looking back at his sister, "I will no worries."

"Hmm? Lier."

Lukas smiled and walked over to where Aradia was laying down. "Here, it might get cold." he laid the blanket over her body.

He then went and laid halfway between the two girls. He of course didn't fall asleep instantly instead just sat there watching the stars.

Anonymous

Aradia sighed contendly as she felt the blanket drop over her. She then continued to watch the fire hoping the crackling would soothe her to sleep even though she knew it was probably not going to happen. 'I've been threw so much in the past week. I think the only way I could fall asleep now is if I was knocked out. And I really don't hope that happens,' Aradia thought thinking she'd never get to sleep. But she was wrong, just a few seconds later that's exactly what she was, asleep and dead to the world, curled up next to two perfect strangers.

Anonymous

Lukas stood up when the sun started peeking over the horizon. Everyone was still asleep it seemed. Aradia curled up next to the fire and Adri out leaning against one of the trees.

Adri was a light sleeper like her brother but Lukas was sure that this would be one of the times he would have to wake her. That was happening more often now...

Lukas turned his mind to other thoughts....like breakfast! He went to his pack and broke open some sealed packages. Inside were meats and breads. He pulled out pans and set them on the fire with the meat and bread to warm them up. Soon the smell of bacon filled the air.

Lukas then jumped up into a tree and climbed to a nest he had noticed last night. He quietly took three eggs careful not to touch the others. He wishphered a quick prayer of thanks then came back down. Soon the eggs were also cooking. He sat besides the fire, relaxing.

Anonymous

"Mmm. What smells good?" Aradia yawned as she woke up groggily to the smell of eggs and bacon. "Yum, real food. My last few meals were dry biscuits and dry salty meat. Not very filling or very good for that matter," she said steadily waking up thanks to the smell of food and the sun in her eyes. 'Wow, I can't believe this is actually happening. All I wanted was to get away from Connlaoeth and now I'm traveling with two people I don't even know who happened to rescue me from some weirdo I hitched a ride with who wanted to kill me because I was a little to peppy. Damn life's strange,' Aradia thought as she started to inch closer to the fire, Lukas, and of course, the food. "So how did you sleep, Lukas?"

Anonymous

Lukas smiled as Aradia woke up and moved closer. He handed her a plate piled with food.

"Morning and glade to see you in a happy mood. There'll be seconds so if you want more you can."

He grinned slightly then stood up with another plate. He walked over to his sister and carefully woke her up.

Adri woke up and gave her brother a small smile. She took the plate with a nod of thanks.

Lukas then came back to sit by Aradia. "I got a little sleep. I dont need much to make it through a day." he picked up his own plate and started to eat. Adri silently came over to sit besides her brother. Her cloak, for once, off thrown aside sometime during the night. Dark hair was pulled out of her eyes by a hair tie and a small smile even graced her lips.

If there was one time to get one the good side of Adri....it was now.

Anonymous

"Thanks. Well, at least you got some sleep. How bout you Adri, you sleep well?" Aradia said as she shoveled food in her face, obviously starved. She was used to eating a lot in the morning and then not eating nothing the rest of the day. "Wow. I'm pretty tired this morning," she said with a sigh as she shoveled in more food. "Anyways, do guys have any clue where we go from here?" she asked as she set her plate down and looked up at the morning sky. 'I've got a pretty good feeling that this is a once in a lifetime chance, seeing someone like Adri smile,' Aradia thought with a smile as she continued to stare contendly up at the sun. She could stay that way forever if it wasn't so close to Connlaoeth. 'Maybe when all of this is over, I can stop theiveing and live a calm and normal life....Naw! That'll never happen!' she thought as she stifled a giggle.

Anonymous

Adri looked over at her with a small smirk, "I slept fine. Lukas I'm gonna go check directions. Be back." she stood up leaving her half-finished plate behind as she went over and swung up into a tree.

Lukas sighed. "Dont mind her....she's good until the sun's up...after that she gets bitter again. She'll get use to you sooner or later....but you might want to hope for the sooner." he grinned at her as he picked up Adri's plate and cleaned it off.

"She never finsihes her meals....do you want more?"