Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Loneliness of a Halfbreed

Started by Anonymous, June 25, 2006, 07:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A discouraged sigh echoed through the silent, empty woods of the Sirantil Valley. The source, a young woman with short, golden-blonde hair and violet eyes frowned in distaste.

"I don't understand...I've been walking for hours and I haven't found a sign of anyone else around...Not even so much as an echo of voices..."

The female slumped against an immense tree, disgruntled. Running a hand through somewhat stringy blonde bangs, she turned her violet orbs towards the sky, which was almost completely blocked by the lush trees. Sunlight dotted through leaves over her, sending her tall silver staff glistening.

You can't get discouraged this easily, Kimira... She thought, trying to perk herself up, restraining another sigh. You can't lose sight of what you are looking for...You have to keep going... With this muse in the back of her mind, Kimira stood once more, stretching her slender and slightly pale arms over her head. She picked up her staff and wistfully traced the crescent moon on the tip, allowing memories to flow over her.

Her mother had been killed. She had no memories of why or how, only a few clues that somehow kept her moving towards the answer. The first of these was the blue gem, encircled with fine silver which she wore around her neck on a black cord. The other clues were unknown grudges. As long as her memory reached, Kimira remembered a hate for her father and Cruciare, the goddess of Torture. The ladder was a goddess in the Pagan religion the girl had come to practice.  The reason for these grudges was lost within the depths of Kimira's mind, only leaving a shadow of their prescence.  Along with the wings. The two deep violet, batlike wings protruding from the young girl's back. Those were a reminder of her bloodline. The blood of a Dark Angel and a human. The blood of a halfbreed. The thought of the word caused a shake in the golden hair, stirring Kimira from her mind's wanderings.

"I had better get going..." She murmured to the lonely forest. The low rumble of her stomach reminded her that she had not eaten in almost two days. "I need to find a town...Or a village at least..." With this new goal, she set out. Her bootsteps, although quiet to her ears, echoed endlessly throughout the lonely forest.

((Please forgive the crapiness of this...I'm a newbie...;_; ))

Anonymous

Miri had given up on hanging around the Thief's Guild...it was just to boring. So she had come to the moutians to find something better to do...

But insteat she found herself in trees. It wasn't that Miri was pathetic at directions (She is quite Good!) but more that she just kind of wandered when she didn't have a set path. So she found herself among trees....

I can't believe this....nothing to do....I'm so bored.

Sshut up I'm hunting.

Miri sighed even Keira, her snake, had something to do. She was catching their meal for later on this day.

After walking some more Miri leaned against a tree, tired. She was fit (had to be to be a thief!) but her wounds still hadn't healed from her little jounrey back home. She leaned there for a while until she noticed something moving towards her. She pushed off the tree ready to fit but only realized it was Keira pulling a small bunny along.

There is another one....take thiss and ssstart sskinning it. I'll be back.

with those words the snake dropped the bunny and turned away.

Miri grinned and walked over to a small clearing up ahead. She gathered some wood together and stared at it for a moment...almost as if she expected the wood to start on fire with just a glare.....

and suprisingly it did!

She smirked slightly and took out a knife starting to skin the rabbit. Soon Keira was back with the other one and the snake curled up next to Miri.

After skinning the bunnies she started to roast them...

This was the moment the halfbreed walked into the clearing....

Miri jumped up a small dagger coming into her hand quicker than lightening. She stared at the other for a moment before smiling slightly. She sat back down and relaxed slightly, "Come sit down....there's enough food for three."

Miri could tell that the woman wasn't ready for a fight. She hadn't eaten in a while and seemed tired.

Keira's head came up and she stared at the other for a moment before letting out a warning hiss. Her hood didn't flair out though seeing as Miri had calmed down.

OOC: Whatcha talking about??? That was a good post....very impressive if you are just starting out....by the way I'm Emi.....I must have missed ya introduction...*slightly sad about that*.

Oh and Keira is a cobra just to tell you>_^

Anonymous

OoC|| Why thank you. -bows- It's nice to meet you, I'm Kaera. ^_^

Kimira stopped and whirled slightly to face the sound of the voice. The prescence of the snake somewhat startled her but she regained her composure, straightening up.

"Thank you but...I'm fine, really..." She insisted with a slight smile. Another growl from her stomach revealed her lie. Her smile turned sheepish. "I really wouldn't want to intrude...Especially when you worked for the food yourself..."

She hated feeling like she was imposing on someones' generousity. The cobra also slightly intimidated her. Was it the girl's familiar? She wondered this as she watched the reptile somewhat warily.

Anonymous

Miri laughed slightly, "Ahhh it's no problem. There's enough food here for a bunch of people."

She glanced at Keira for a moment, "Plus I didn't catch the food. She did." a finger was pointed at the snake that had curled up again.

"Come on I promise we dont bite.....well Keira does but only if you wish us harm....which you dont."

Miri smiled again and pointed to a spot on the other side of the fire. "Sit down."

OOC: hehehe nice to meetcha

Anonymous

"Well...If you're sure...Thank you..." Kimira flashed a quick smile and walked over, sitting down. She laid her long staff beside her, brushing back a strand of blonde hair that fell over her eyes. The parting of her bangs revealed a dark blue tattoo-like mark on her forehead. It was an oval surrounded by two symetrical curves, the rest of which vanished behind her bangs. As she straightened, the mark vanished again.

"Are you sure this is all right?" She asked, looking towards the other female skeptically.

OoC|| X3

Anonymous

Miri grinned as she passed the woman a plate of food. "Yes it is no problem. My name is Miriam, most just call me Miri. This little snake is Keira. Don't mind her or anything she says."

Like your a mental crazy persson The snake's voice held a slight tease in it as it projected into each girl's mind.

Miri glared at the snake. "Watch Keira or you're going to be the next thing I roast"
Miri then laughed and looked over at the other woman. "Don't mind us...we are just playing around."

Anonymous

Kimira gave a slight laugh.

"That's good to know...My name is Kimira...I have to say that I'm glad you are here...I've been walking for days without any other sign of civilization..." She smiled genuinely, munching on the rabbit quietly.

"Where did you come from to get here? It's quite unpopulated...As far as I have seen anyway..." She added.

Anonymous

Miri grinned. "Nice to meetcha Kimira. Glad we could keep you to boredom....I've had similar problems....no one is around here."

She paused a moment taking a bite of her rabbit.

"Well we came from the Thief's Guild.....I hope you dont mind.....my proffesion isn't quite honest......but dont worry it excludes friends...which you've now become"

Anonymous

"That's all right...It's reassuring to know that you at least won't steal from me...Not like I have much you could gain..." Kimira shrugged with a joking smile.

"I had hoped to come out of this forest and find a town or village..." She mused, taking another bite. "Do you know if there are any in the area?"

Anonymous

Miri smiled slightly, "I could probably find something...." She then got a distant look in her eyes.

"Any towns???Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? I dont know."

She looked down at Keira.

You mind if I waste a few moments of your sun to he;lp me?

Yes I do.....but I will help nonetheless. There is a town about four miles north of here.....very small village-like if you ask me.

Miri grinned. "Keira says there is a village around 4 miles north of here."

Anonymous

Kimira smiled again, this time at the snake.

"Thank you...I should probably head there soon...Just to restock on supplies and such..." She said, almost to herself.

"And thank you again for the meal...Even though you're a thief..." She gave a slight laugh. "As long as I know you won't steal from me."

Anonymous

Miri grinned slightly a the girl's jest about her profession.
"Dont worry.....I only go after nobles."

<I>You should just remain silent....it would make life easier.

Ahhhhhh shut up

Miri then looked around for a moment. "Well we might as well travel together....I need new supplies too.....and most of it I can't getat a market....at least not at reasonable prices."

Anonymous

Kimira nodded and stood, picking up her staff once more.

"That sounds good...Conversation will probably make the trip go faster...And I'll probably try to find a place to stay for the night..." She gave a nonchalant shrug.

"Shall we go then?" She asked, glancing slightly over her shoulder as she started off through the trees.

Anonymous

Miri sighed slightly at the agarness of the girl. She stood and she threw things back in her pack.

"Yup just give me another moment, have to put this fire out." as soon as the girl turned away she waved her hand and the fire formed into a ball in her hand. Miri squeezed her hand and the fire went out. During this time Keira had climbed up Miri's leg and was now around her neck. Miri jogged to catch up with te other girl.

"It's always better to travel with friends....I just hope you dont mind that we might have to take a break or two.I'm a little slow at the moment." She didn't look at Kimira as she said this, not wanting the girl to know that not everything she said was the truth. She would need a break or two but not because she was slow but because of her wounds that still hadn't healed fully.

Anonymous

Kimira glanced at her, as if doubting her story. After a few moments, she gave a slight nod, glancing away once more.

"I understand...You said it was about 4 miles now?" She turned her violet eyes again towards the forest canopy.

"I guess we should be there a little after nightfall or so..." She murmured,calculating the distance mentaly as twirling her staff iddaly in her slender fingers.

Anonymous

Miri klistened to the girl then gave a slight not. "Yup, about one hour after night fall. Noting to worry about we can keep traveling until after night.....I have lights that we can use."

Again.....use that too much and you will run into some one that knows what it is....

Hmmmm that would give me a reason to get into a fight.

Miri fell into silence after tha her mind wandering slightly.

OOC: srry it took so long....I was going to do it yesterday but I got some bad news and really didn't have a muse.