Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Need to Fight...(Tsukia!!!)

Started by Anonymous, September 13, 2006, 03:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Ugh...Isn't there a decent place to find work around this place?!"

Citea muttered angrily, sapphire eyes glaring at the ground as she stalked down the road. Her tattered black cloak rustled about her in the slight breeze, causing several strands of golden-blonde hair to escape.

"I suppose I should go to the next town..." The female added with an irate sigh. Traveling so much had become rather monotonous, especially since Citea had not been able to eat for about a week. Of course, she had gone longer without sustenance, but when walking, the lack of food became much more noticeable.

The young woman turned down another, less crowded road, her silver scepter clinking under her cloak as she did so. She had kept her weapon hidden in case the sudden need to fight arose. However, from what was visible of Citea's slender build; she would have seemed to be a very unworthy opponent for many. In fact, many had thought that, and many had not lived to regret it.

But for now, the blonde's mind was only on finding a place to rest and eat. Fighting would have to wait.

Anonymous

It had been a long hard day of Kitsuke was becoming rather weary of actually having to look for damnable recruits. He'd been put into the academy by his parents. Where were all the layabout adults these days surely some prostitutes in the area had some accidents they could donate? His mind grumbled at all the prospective of having to deal with prostitutes they never let him be even the ones in the academies area still tried his patience night after night even offering free stays every so often he'd never taken up the offer nor indulged in that sort of behavior. For a man like him only two things in life could truelly be loved. Harsh combat and good food with good drinks. The prospctive candidates weren't many in the small town of Cerenis so he ended up wandering into a back alley seeking shelter for the night to begin his day anew the very next mourning.

That's when he spotted her a woman in a robe with a silver rod in her hands.His eyes were quick to size up the situation. To him it seemed she was rather preoccupied and he'd have no problem with her so he stood for a moment waiting perhaps she knew the town better then him there could be no harm in asking.

Anonymous

Citea sensed someone in front of her and glanced up, her deep blue eyes landing on Kitsuke.

"Can I help you with something?" She asked, a hint of irritation coming into her already cold voice.

This guy had better not be some pervert... She thought with a scowl. If there was one thing that made Citea gone insane, it was a perverted man stopping to either stare at her, trying to kidnap her, or just being plain annoying. The female had had several bad experiences with men in her early teenage years, thus giving her an extreme hate for men, along with most other human beings.

Humans are disgusting... She added to herself as she rested one hand on her hip, cocking it sassily.

"Well?"

Anonymous

As she answered Kitsuke almost slightly bowed in respones to the irratated tone she shared. He knew that she figured him to  be some heckler trying his luck with a girl in the midst of the night. he apologetcically answered " Yes, I'm quite sorry for bothering you but would you happen to know where an inn is or perhaps a place I could take a rest for the night?".... At the sign of the slightly more annoyed sound of her voice the second time he simply just sat a moderate blush on his face realizing that he'd been incredibly rude and there was no excuse for this.

Anonymous

Citea said nothing for a moment, still scowling. Finally, she muttered, "I am only a traveler. I do not know this town. But in a place as pitiful and small as this, I believe you will not have much of a problem..." In a swirl of black, she whirled back around and started off once more, glancing at stores from time to time to look for "Help Wanted" advertisements. Curses could be faintly heard as she hissed them under her breath, obviously not having much luck with her search.

Anonymous

As she went stormin off Kitsuke stood awestruck this was an insult to his honor something by which he could not abide even if she was a woman she had gone to far. She would pay and pay dearly for this.

"Woman I'll have you hold your tongue on this." He said griping the hilt of his weapon christened War. He smiled slightly this night would be more productive then he'd assumed. He approached her slowly and carefully making sure not to come into range of her.

" You will apologize for your rudeness or I'll have you as a prisoner." He said with a deep scowl running across his face. Imagine it some low class woman daring to insult the honor of him one of Serendipity's finest knights. He wouldn't allow it whilst he still breathed.

Anonymous

The female simply arched a blonde eyebrow, twirling her scepter boredly in her slender fingers. She turned slightly.

"Oh will you now? That sounds slightly interesting..." She said with an almost eerie smirk. For a moment, Citea's sapphire eyes seemed to turn blood red. However, their color soon returned to normal and the blonde pulled back her hood. She shook out her long, black tipped hair, brushing the rest of her cloak over her right shoulder. What hung on her was shocking. Weapons. But not just one or two, at least a dozen strange blades, scimitars, daggers, and other ominous-looking items hung from the young woman's form.

"By all means then...Teach me a lesson..."

Anonymous

It's true the fact that the woman was so well armed actually suprised him but it would be to no avail. It's true with the amount of weaponry she possesed it was more then likely she had some sort of success in previous fights also her confidence spoke for itself it wasn't cockiness he could tell that much it was the same confidence he could show in any fight the confidence in one's own abilities. He wouldn't use them both quite yet War should be sufficient for this one. He stopped abruptly in his approach and stood up completely and squarely. He then seperated his legs  the width of his shoulders sinking his body slowly with his knees he stopped and squared his shoulders forward with this he drew his blade slowly and carefully a hissing slide emanating from the hilt.
He placed it in his opponents direction focusing his eyes on her own. He stepped with his right foot forward slowly but surely he'd make sure that she would be the first to attack he'd have to gauge her abilities if he had any hope at victory.

He smiled inside as he noticed that she two was going to enjoy the fight. At least tonight won't be a complete waste and if I prevail perhaps I can gain a new student. Indeed this was going to be more then he had bargained for.

Anonymous

Surprisingly, Citea did not seem to be even bothering to prepare herself. Somewhat of an unorthodox start for a fighter. She simply continued to iddaly twirl her scepter, which was now only a flash of silver in her hands.

Then, without warning, she caught her scepter in mid-spin, swung it forward, and gave it a flick. The crescent moon n the end glowed eerily as she smirked. "You picked a rather bad time to fight me...I am at my advantage..." It was visible that shadows had started to move from the walls and alleys on the street and were beginning to congregate around Citea's feet. "Darkness is everywhere at this time..."

Her smirk widened, revealing something shocking. Large fangs had slid down over where her canines should have been. She ran her tongue over them, eyes flickering between crimson and sapphire.

Anonymous

As her scepter began to spin faster and faster noted that her method of attack would most likely not be physical judging only from experiance with other berobeded figures she would most likely fight with magic. Not that it mattered much anyway. The man was a knight of Serendipity one of the eldest kingdoms that is known counter magic combat was taught in every school. What he did like about this opponent however was the non chalent attitude she presented toward him it seemed she indeed was in need of a harsh life lesson one she shouldn't soon forget.

As she responed the mans slight grin widened as he realized perhaps she was right it was her vantage in the night not to mention that the darkness around him seemed to move at her will. A shadow controller so far well at least his theorie had been right as far as magic went. He knew there were very few options for him considereding he really didn't carry most of the necessary equipment for dealing with mages. He found it burdensome and quite often more confusing then usefull. His method was all the much simpler. If she could bend the darkness to her aid. He would press the advantage he believe he held.

With this thought the man quicly shifted his stance placing his hands firmly on the hilt of his weapon and dashing toward the opponent while making a strong slash horizontally at her. It was quite simple really he'd ignore her magic untill it became necessary to deal with it. He'd try to end this fight quickly.

Anonymous

"Tch...Fool..." With inhuman agility, she dodged out of the man's way and swung around, pointing her scepter back at him.

"Kidarnea Sevarra!" She shouted. Instantly, black tentacles shot up around the knight and bound his arms and legs.

No doubt, he is a seasoned fighter... She added to herself. However, his downfall was charging at me...There cannot be a way he is able to match my speed...And he does not seem to be a magic user, which means his strength cannot be sustained forever...And... The blonde brushed back her wispy bangs. He cannot heal himself...

"You will find I am not so easy to finish off, sir..." Citea laughed spitefully. She walked towards her captive a bit, shadowy arms reaching up around her feet and following her, almost like they were her guardians. "What kind of fighter attacks head-on?"

Anonymous

Even though she had managed to dogde his first attack it didn't seem that the man was suprised at all with her agility he'd predicited as much. As the shadows moved around him binding his arms and legs he thought deeply about how best to dispell them.

Upon hearing the woman's words his mind only tingled with rage for a slight moment not letting himself to be one ruled by emotion. Although his arms and legs were tied one key thing was not so he'd use it and right fully so. " Iganicious Illumanati ! " the man chanted loudly. Suddenly a burst of light engulfed the area making it almost bright as day. He laughed slightly as he rubbed his arms to regain the feeling somewhat. He bent his knees flexing them to the left and right. Indeed it seemed he might have to put a little effort into this fight. It had been a long time but it was definently going to be worth it.

His head did a semi turn towards the blonde a slight frown on his face as he explained
" Just as I expected. You assume too much my feline freind." yes indeed he had caught wind of her just as he'd expected not fully human although that didn't really matter when it all came down to it. He was a man. But he wasn't just any man. " What kind of fighter makes a head on attack you ask? Well one that has more then putting harm on his opponent in his mind if that's the answer you want. He smiled at her again slightly he knew this was a great chance to get a work out. He slowly retrieved War from the ground where it fell and stuck it in the ground before him. He then unsheathed the second blade that he wore upon his back altought it was slightly larger it was very similar in design except its hilt was christined Peace. She was worth it all right. He then retrieved War with his left hand and held Peace in his right he assumed what would be considered a very weak stance in sword play the left blade extended toward the opponent whilst the right was held overhead. After attaining this stance he rushed the woman the left sword dragging upon the ground as he approached her. With a great leap he slashed upward with the left arm and he spun in mid air bringing the right blade across horizontally with all his might. It would indeed prove to be a productive night.[/b]

Anonymous

Citea flung her scept up into the air, catapulting herself backwards into a series of intracate flips as she moved out of the way. She landed haunched on all fours. Her hand flashed out, perfectly catching her scepter.

"A fight is pointless if you do not intend to teach you opponent a lesson...What is the point of showing mercy to those who will not return it?" She sneered, straightening up and pulling a strange weapon off of her leg. It consisted or a ring with one straight side. Dangling from the end were two very long, sharp blades, seperated by a gem. "I hope you are not holding back because I am a female...That would make this sadly boring for me..."

In a split second, she had vanished and reappeared in front of her opponent, spinning the ring in her fingers, the blades flying dangerously. Her long hair, which was flying around her, did not seem to even hinder her movement. This was a very strange fact, considering it hung nearly to her feet...

Anonymous

Kitsuke landed on his feet his face with a look he hadn't produced in a very long time. To be quite honest he was impressed by his opponent's agility. Unfortunately for him he'd underestimated an opponent for the first time in a long time. He knew he'd pay a price for it but how deep of a price was the only question he could muster. Suddenly it became clear as day to him the price was to be in blood.

The woman's hissing words of teaching opponents lesson without mercy echoed in his mind. At this gest he almost laughed the woman thought he had been holding back because she was a she. Now that was laughable Kitsuke had been to war enough times to know women wore ten times more dangerous then men. Those were the facts. The only reason he underestimated her was the magic she used earlier. He made the same assumption as she had earlier he figured her for a one tiered fighter specilized in an area to the point of weakness. Boy had he figured wrong with that kind of speed and reaction she had definently fought on equal footing with some impressive swordsman more then once.  As she pulled a close quarters combat weapon Kitsuke couldn't help but smile this had been what he was waiting for a chance for him to truelly shine. Little did his opponent know offence had never been his exact "specialty" he could use it well when needed but his true "talent" lay in the art of counter fighting. Even with her incredible speed. He would prove to be a more then even match.

With this the man closed his eyes focusing his mind and spirit in a breif moment. As Citea vanished his eyes flashed open the attack was coming. BLADES his mind flashed in a instant recognizing the sharp whistle of a piece of iron cutting air. Unfortunatel it was too late one of the blades from the ring sunk deep into Kitsuke's now outstrecthed arm more then likely it was rendered useless from the blow being an instinctive act to guard more vital areas it took the full brunt of the attack and the blade sat deep in his bone. Blood began to flow from the wound rather uncontrollably. Kitsuke sunk to a knee with the force of the blow his arm still held up to take as much punishment as it could enduar.  All he could do is look coldly at the ground almost laughing in his mind at how pathetic he had truelly become. Allowing himself to be hit this was not forgivable for someone of his old skill to have rusted over this bad. It was obvious he couldn't win at this point. But something in the back of his mind clicked.

Anonymous

"Well...I must say that was rather pathetic for all the tough talk you did..." Citea smirked as she withdrew her blade and stepped back, her shadowy protectors following her once more.

She was used to having the advantage of surprise when she fought others, especially men. Not many, if any, ever foresaw her inhuman strength. They only tended to see a slender, almost scrawny girl, just trying to pick fight that she could never win.

Men are such imbeciles... She thought in disgust. Their sexist and demeaning personalities always made her extremely irate. They were even worse as drunks and plain perverts. The latter was probably the main reason for Citea's withdraw from any and all relationships whatsoever. As a child, the blonde had been almost desperate for affection...However, as she got older, that quickly changed. The more she was sickened by humanity. They do not deserve life...She had always told herself.

As she watched the bleeding man in front of her, her hate strengthened. "I hope that teaches you a lesson..." She hissed, whirling around and began off once more.

Anonymous

Was it that all he could muster he asked himself this definently was not insuffarable just because she was woman it didn't mean he couldn't lose to her no indeed the reason he couldn't lose to her was much deeper then that.  The man smirked to himself bring his damaged right arm back to his other he gripped it tightly with the other arm examining it testing it for responsiveness. It was no good his hand couldn't hold a weapon. Well that was all besides the point. He sheathed his blade war in its case and picked up his other blade in his left hand. " I must say I might seem rather insane or even stupid to keep going but I do believe I have some words to owe up to."  he spoke strongly as he began to stand this was going to be very challenging exactly what he needed.

" A lesson indeed.. I shall now become the instructor if you don't mind." He said as he flashed quickly behind it seemed he had still one ace up his sleeve indeed. He spoke from behind her the hand guard of his sword pressing into her back as he spoke. " You young lady are far from being able to defeat me with a single blow." His voice almost seemed to have changed it now radiated with patience and a slightly lower tone.  
[/b]

Anonymous

Citea stopped, seeming almost surprised her blow had not been more hindering. However, her smirk soon returned when she felt the blade on her back. In a flash, she whipped around, clashing the blade of her own sword against the man's. The sword was strangely long and heavy-looking to be the blade of a woman, however, this did not seem to faze its carrier. The body of a lithe, metallic blue dragon made up the hilt, its neck winding almost halfway up the sword to where rubies glinted within the eyes. Its wide, bat-like wings were unfolded onto either side.

"I must congradulate you...Not many of my opponents last one attack...Today might not be as boring as I previously expected...However...I am curious...Why are you so quick to fight over such trivial things as words? To merely keep your honor?" She tilted her blonde head slightly to one side, arching an eyebrow. "And what worth is honor if it costs you your life? There is honor in knowing when to stop as well, you know..." She added, her blue eyes glinting in the dimming light.

"However...If you wish to take such a chance, what kind of person would I be if I were to stop you?..."

Anonymous

Kitsuke smiled the woman was a strange one indeed after she had turned around clashing her blade against his smightfully. He felt the strength from her blow it was indeed enough to match his.  Citea's words slowly drifted into his mind as she spoke his cool demeanor never leaving him. " So you understand, I'm glad you are a person of honor as well but now seeing your strength I mearly must challenge you for my own selfish sake. With as opponent such as you I might actually have some fun."

He began to slide his weapon untill the hand guard of his sword clashed with hers it was beautifull he thought the feel of battle. His adreniline began to rush he pushed toward the woman with his non injured left arm quickly. After which he used his previously injured arm to grab the hilt of his drawn weapon to attack at her unguarded side. A tinge of deep pain ran through his entire arm as he did so. It had been much too long since he had to use an injured limb.

Anonymous

"Fighting for yourself is a foolish thing..." Citea replied with as she dodged the attack. She smirked slightly as she sensed the pain brought on by the injury she had inflicted. Such a pitiful weakling... She thought, almost disgusted.

"Fighting is only something you do when you truly have the need to...And it must be what you have decided to do..." She said, almost to herself, pulling out her circular bladed weapon along with her sword as she spoke. "For example...I have decided that I must kill those who get in my way...It is what I have decided to do, based on what I know of those who exist here...I can trust no one, therefore, I must eliminate them..."

Anonymous

" I see. Well then I shall no longer be your opponent." with a flash and the sheen sound of metal sliding his weapon was sheathed. As he spoke Kitsuke turned his back on Citea slowly walking away. " I understand what you mean. We're not so different you and I the only reason I normally fight is to protect what I love. I'm very sorry but thankfully your more powerfull then I. I am in debt to you. I owe you my life. If you choose to take it do so. But, before I leave or am slain may I know the name of the one who has defeated me so hastily and easilly. My name is Hinamori Kitsuke of the Hinamori Clan I was born and raised in the Serendipity Military Academy and have been working there and living as a soldier my whole life. If you should ever require shelter or money or anything simply call upon me. I will pay what I owe in full." with his final words Kitsuke went to his knees placing his head on the ground bowing toward his opponent there was no longer a reason to enjoy combat here the woman was right he was being selfish and only proving the entire human race the worse for it. He would await her reply then take his leave if she allowed it. If not he would do whatever she requested.[/b]