Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Traitor's Path (Vernionator!)

Started by Anonymous, November 23, 2006, 08:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

When she returned he smiled slightly, just slightly, watching her as she sat down beside him. Thank god. He almost thought he might have to go to the water and bring her back. She seemed to look at him, and he looked back toward her, an eyebrow raised. Hm, what was it she wanted? The food to be warm. Hm. He could help her with that.

When you put it in cold water that's usually what happens. / X'etiz said as he took up his sword, wiping it with the hem of his pant leg to clean it of dirt and such. Taking the meat from her and skewering it on the end. He held it over the fire, his eyes travelling to her.

I almost understand what the villagers were talking about Mana...However, you haven't a disease...I can tell you that now. / He told her with a small smirk. She had a gift. One that they didn't understand, one that he understood however. Magic, energy, power. She was the key so to speak.

I'll have to...conduct some tests and figure the rest of this out though. I'm not quite sure I understand you and your condition but I think I'm going to try to figure it out. / He looked away from her to the fire, to watch the meat heat up quickly, the water sizzling and such.

Are you alright with that Mana? /

Anonymous

Mana Giggled timidly as he teased her, ears tipping back a little. She handed him the steak and watched it cook contently. Then came those surprising words from him. Her attention was immediately on him and she blinked, almost shocked, a light blush on her cheeks. He understood?? But whose side was he on?? She was worried at first, but after his explanation, a wave of relief hit her. She sighed, happy that it wasn’t really a disease. But she couldn’t help but wonder how he knew, and how he knew so quickly. She then blinked again. Tests?? Figure it out?? She was silent for a moment, letting it all sink in. ...Thank you.../ was all she could spit out. Her voice was soft and polite, and she lowered her head, blushing darker. She watched the steak again, and before she knew it, she was leaning against his side, sleepily. She felt very content for some reason. It must have been when she touched his hand. She felt better after she did, though she didn’t know why. As she lay against him, nothing happened. The fox did not appear. Mana just cuddled softly, listening to the meat sizzle. Was it only contact of the hands that brought forth the demon? Was it a specific state of mind?

Anonymous

She seemed almost worried at first, and he really wondered what was up with that blushing of hers. She seemed to do it all the time and almost for no raeson. No matter though, it was...endearing if anything.

It's my pleasure. / He said softly to her. Was it because he was hungry for the power? A little bit yes. He really did enjoy the thought of all that power, but at the same time...he was curious about her.

You're a blushing little creature. At least we know that you're blood flows pretty good. / That's what blushing was? Rushing of blood for specific reasons. Yes...must have been. He smiled ever so slightly as she leaned against him now. An eyebrow raised, but his arm came out to wrap about her shoulder, his hand resting gently upon her.

Hm...interesting. / It was barely a loud voice as he looked around. Hm. No sudden magic flooding into him, and no fox appearing. Contact wasn't it then? Hm...Well, he'd figure it all out soon enough wouldn't he?

Tired are you?/ He asked calmly as his eyes flickered to look at her. She seemed to have taken a real shine to him, and that was interesting. Here he was, an exiled creature...in the presence of a being with so much energy...and the being liked him, or at least, she didn't fear him. That was good...there was trust forming. That's what he wanted. It would be easier to mold her into a new being...unless...it turned out that fox thing had more control than he knew. Maybe he wouldn't have to mold her at all...

Anonymous

She tingled inside at his soothing voice, that is, until he mentioned her blushing. Her eyes opened and she stared at the fire embarrassedly, still leaning comfortably against him though. She smiled sheepishly in the end, finding it rather amusing that he would comment the way he did on such a thing. And then he responded to her, his arm draping over her. It was an unusual surprise, and she didn’t mind it. Her little body shivered though, and she lifted her head to peek up at him as her body pressed against his contently. Her cheeks were still flushed, and she had a hint of sleepiness in her eyes. Interesting...?/ she repeated softly. A smile came back to her lips when he mentioned her being tired, and she nodded gently, her alluring eyes gazing into his. A little...I'm sorry.../ she apologized for it cutely. Its...I...You're the first person I've touched.../ she couldn’t finish her sentence. It felt awkward, and she couldn’t think straight.

Anonymous

She was indeed such a silly creature. Not to say he didn't admire her for her innocent ways, but she was to be a weapon of sort for him...a source of energy that he could leech off of when he was dry. His luck had all but changed apparently, as at first he thought he was in serious trouble, but now he knew that he would be safe, as long as he had the blue skinned creature with the fox demon.

Don't be sorry Mana. You can't help if you're tired or not. / It might have also been the fact that he had sucked a lot of energy from her. Sometimes people were sleepy after that, he really didn't know. It might have been the same way with her really, he couldn't actually make an accurate guess on that.

Ahhh, because people believed you had an illness. They're just fools Mana, afraid of what they don't understand. / He found it perhaps a little sad that he was the first person to actually have physical contact with...but it wasn't really uncommon. He pulled the meat from the fire now, holding it up into the air for a few moments to cool. After all, it wouldn't have been nice of him to simply hand her a burning hot piece of meat. Finally when he deemed it cool enough he rested the rapier on his knee, pulling the meat from it.

There. Eat this, it might help to wake you up a little bit. / His eyes cast once more to the sky to observe the blazing sun. At least it was moving toward the horizon quicker. That was always a bonus. He wished they could travel at night and recharge during the day. It didn't truly matter to him, he just wanted to travel when it was cooler.

The main question however was...travel where?

Anonymous

Boy, did he know how to comfort a girl! She listened to his words, smiling bashfully as she snuggled against him, her body growing comfort with every second she kept with him. Little did she know that a little bit of it had to do with her Demon claiming him. And just because they were two, didn’t mean that they were different. Mana and her Demon child were one and the same deep down. They shared everything. Even emotions. Just because each reacted differently to situations, didn't mean each didn’t feel the same about it.

Mana snapped from her oh so comfortable daze and blinked, staring at the meat. Oh yeah... Her tummy then grumbled as she inhaled the wonderful scent. She smiled cutely, blushing again, and she took the morsel and began to eat is slowly, savoring the meal he took his time to prepare for her. Oooh, it was goood! She mmmed softly, leaning against him, grateful for the food. Thank you again.../ she said between bites, the juicy meat leaving its juices n her hungry lips as she smiled up at him contently.

Anonymous

This was rather interesting...she was very easy to console it seemed. That would help him out tremendously wouldn't it? He just smiled as he looked down to her, noting that she seemed really into staying near him. This was a good sign actually, she was making a connection. Hm. He really did want to talk to that fox thing again but...he could live with this for the time being. His eyes slowly moved away back to the fire.

She did however finally take the meat from the rapier and started to eat it.She really seemed to like it, and that was exactly what he wanted. A smirk crossed his thin almost lipless mouth, looking to the girl as she devoured the meat. Honestly he didn't miss eating all that much, he had gotten used to going out of the Abyss and feeding on energy instead of food.

No no Mana, Thank you. / X'etiz said as he looked directly at her once more. She seemed to look up at him, smiling, and he smiled right back to her. She was an interesting creature, he really couldn't wait to find out whatever hidden powers or talents this woman seemed to have.

So can I ask you Mana, how long would you say the days and nights last in this world?  / X'etiz asked her finally. He had to ask this, mainly because he just needed to know if he would have to endure perhaps more hours in the damned sun than darkness at night. Blech. He'd been on a world once that had day last for over thirty nine hours, and finally only ten hours for night. He had gotten out of there pretty fast. He wasn't sure if he'd leave this place for the amount of daylight, not after he had found this interesting girl.

Anonymous

Mana blinked up at him. The sun is setting... In twelve hours, the sun will rise, and twelve hours more, it will set once again.../ she explained softly. Why...? You didn’t know that...?/ she asked curiously. And then, being a little kid still, she changed subjects. I like the night...Its so peaceful.../ she gazed up a the sky. For a young girl, she sure acted maturely at times, though her young playfulness showed in her eyes when she smiled. You look like you prefer the night as well.../ she commented with a sheepish grin. You...like the cold...?/ she asked curiously, nibbling on her steak until it was finished. She licked her fingers cutely, and wiped her mouth politely after realizing how careless she was being.

Anonymous

I adore the cold actually. In my world, there is no sun, there is a light, but there is no sun, so there is no real heat. It's not freezing or anything, but it is below average temperatures. I grew up there, so it is only natural that I would prefer such a thing. / He explained to her calmly, his eyes glancing to the horizon where the sun had started the descent. Thank the Abyss! Finally no more blinding light and overly annoying heat.

He reached up to his hat, to pull it up slightly to show her his odd transparent like skin with the soft glitters underneath them. He did look a little odd no doubt, but then again, what could a woman was usually naked and blue to say about that?

The heat and sun always seems to bother my people's skin. Why we are like this I can't say, I never really decided to focus on studying the genetics or history of my people too well. No, that wasn't for me./ Now that she had some food, he wondered if she was finally full, or if she would require more.

Do you need another deer steak or are you full finally./ He wondered who would answer him, Mana, or Mana's stomach. At this point her stomach seemed to have a pretty good track record for answers too.

Anonymous

No sun...??/ He had her attention now. How could you have no sun?? But you can see??  She tilted her head, confused and curious. But.../ before she could ask, he showed her his skin more closely and she stared at it intently, oddly attracted to it. He was like foxnip to her. That’s when her hand innocently traveled up, and she felt his cheek softly. It was like she could go through him, but she couldn’t. Her tiny soft fingers caressed his cheek, curiosity overpowering her timid and properly behaved self. And then he continued explaining. She listened intently, hand still idly on his cheek as she gazed into his eyes, wanting to know more. Mana loved fairy tales and remarkable stories. The made her shiver with excitement. She loved to imagine these places, wishing for truth in them. And now he was telling one that was supposedly true. She was surely obedient in listening. And then he came back to her needs and it took her a moment to blink and snap out of it. Food?? Now that he mentioned it, she did feel full. It was a wonderful feeling. She hadn’t felt full in a long time. She nodded then, realizing her hand was still on his cheek. She blushed, but didn’t move, timidly frozen.

Anonymous

X'etiz didn't move much as he just watched the fire, trying to really ignore the fact that she was touching him so much. He focused on the fire, concentrating on it. She seemed intent to simply rub his cheeks and such, which wasn't all that bad to him but still...he felt a little edgy about it.

There's a light there, but no sun. I don't really understand it but.../ X'etiz simply shrugged a little bit as he smiled slightly. Geez, she was just like a cat wasn't she? Curious as ever and wanting to explore everything. Finally he raised his hand, placing it on the back of her hand, gripping it slightly and removing her hand from his face.

I think that's enough touching. / He said calmly, still gripping her hand gently. He didn't even realize that he was holding his hand, he didn't even really look at her. He was trying to figure out what to do about her. She seemed full, she seemed to be okay, that's all that mattered at this point. He pursed his lips carefully as he wondered what to do about her now. She had so much potential really, but he had to figure how to unlock all that potential.

Anonymous

His hand on hers made her spine shiver and when he pulled her hand from his face, she gazed at him silently and obediently, her eyes dazed almost. She nodded idly when he said it was enough touching, and she was quiet still. Then that familiar giggle returned. ~She's so sweet, isn’t she...?~ the voice purred as the ghostly fox made her appearance from over his shoulder, nuzzling his ear. She purred, rubbing against him, mmming softly. ~And you...you're just...~ her tail came around his other side and caressed his cheek playfully. ~...the most interesting specimen I've seen...~ she giggled again, eyes squinted with glee, as if she were grinning broadly. ~You're so cruel...!~ she whined cutely. ~That wasn’t very nice of you to turn me away like you did earlier...~ she purred, her tail curling snake-like around his and Mana's hands. Mana sat like before, content and completely tuned out to her other side's existence. And as before, her energy amplified his, surging slowly through his hand. ~You are an interesting vessel...and I would so love to explore you...~It seemed as if she weren’t talking to him, but herself with the way she spoke. And then the fox floated through his body, moaning softy in amusement as she felt him. He too would feel a strange flux in his energy when she passed through, but it was more pleasurable than anything else.

Anonymous

He couldn't have expected what happened next, but then again, he might have been able to...it was hard to say at the time. X'etiz kept his eyes focused on her, and then he swivelled his head to look at the fox over his shoulders. He didn't much care for the unusual contact that she was giving him, the purring and the rubbing against him was starting to make him a little nervous. He said nothing however for the time being as she commented about him, only a small eyebrow raised as she spoke.

He could feel the energy coming to him, the sort of power that she had. It was...well it was really nice to say the least. He did like power, but X'etiz knew that he couldn't have all that power at the moment. He didn't like the idea of being full of all that energy and magic, it would drive him insane.

If I had known you were harmless, I wouldn't have turned you away. / X'etiz told her simply as he squeezed Mana's hand once. That's what it was...her hand. Each time he had touched her hand...Heh heh, that would be most interesting in the future.

I'm not entirely sure I like the idea of you exploring me. Demons make me edgy sometimes. More so when they look at me like I'm prey. / X'etiz murmured as she passed through him suddenly, feeling a soft flux of energy as he blinked a few times. It had felt almost...good to say the least. Not great...but...good. He couldn't place that feeling at the moment. Maybe denial, it was hard to say.

You got a name Fox? I can't call you Mana after all. / He pointed out, his eyes tracking the Fox with every move that she made.  What sort of strange creature was inside the poor blue skinned girl named Mana?

Anonymous

The handsome young man finally spoke to her. Curious, she sat before him and listened quietly as he continued. ~Bingo...!~ she said softly when she felt his hand squeeze Mana's. ~Oh?~ she tilted her head. He doesn’t like her 'exploring' him? Her eyes grinned at that playfully. Prey?? She giggled softly. ~Nonono honey, you're not prey...~ she purred innocently. A name? She tilted her heat the other way now. ~Hmmm...I suppose calling me Mana as well 'could' cause a bit of confusion...~ she thought for a moment, tail swaying gently. ~Hmmm...other than Mana, I have no name for myself...~she confessed, her voice a bit dim and lonely.  ~I suppose...you could call me...Krae...~ she said almost cutely. ~And your name?~ she asked gently, her voice intimately relaxed and soothing..

Anonymous

X'etiz only tried to watch the creature that finally sat beside him. She was a curious beast, but he assumed that she was quite harmless for the most part. That and she reassured him that he wasn't prey. Hm.

You know, if a wolf could talk to a sheep, I'm sure it would say the same thing. / X'etiz said to her with a smirk as he looked from the blue skinned woman, to the fox demon at his other side. Which one seemed to like him? Mana or the strange fox that seemed to live inside the poor blue skinned little girl.

Krae. Very well. You shall be Krae, and she shall be Mana. Easy enouhg I suppose./ X'etiz murmured softly as he kept his hand on Mana's own. So if he wanted to talk to the Fox he would have to keep a hand on her. That was...well that was inconvenient at some point no doubt.

X'etiz, but I thought you knew that already. Aren't you a part of her? Can't you hear and see everything she does? / He asked her. Maybe she would be able to control Mana...Hm, that actually wouldn't be a good thing. The fox seemed to really like him, more than Mana did, but he honestly couldn't tell at this time. They both seemed to have some attraction to him. That reminded him.

Another question. What did Mana mean when she said my voice made her feel funny?/

Anonymous

She giggled again, completely amused. ~You know, I was thinking the very same thing...!~ she said cutely. ~But I don’t think of you as my sheep...I think of you as the person I confide in...Someone who can make me...as well as Mana...fell a part of a whole again...~ she purred sweetly. ~X'etiz...yes well...I 'am', but that doesn’t mean I was paying attention, ore even awake...~ she said playfully, her voice always alluring and cool. Her eyes then grinned even more as he asked about poor Mana. Another giggle stirred in her and she nuzzled him real quick, those eyes locked onto his.

~Oh that’s right...you are not familiar with earthly emotions, yes? Well...the blushing of the cheeks...that is a form of embarrassment, usually around some one you're trying to show off for. One usually shows off for someone they like, like a lot, and are attracted to. It’s a very vague and confusing emotion... And when this emotion...'Love'...overcomes one, that special person, and the things they do, sometimes the strangest things...make their body react uniquely...~ she explained softly. ~So you could say that little Mana...she is attracted to you...in more ways than one...~ she led on. ~She has no parental figure...she has no friends...and she has no significant other...someone to love more than like friends or family...intimately.~ she purred.

~And don’t be fooled...she may look like a small child, but she's growing mentally...~ she giggled again. ~The poor girl still thinks she's eleven...because of her blackouts...that’s one of the reasons... She's lost track of so much time...and her body deceives her, having such a powerful will for life...overcoming death time and time again. Lets just say she's about double her age right now...and how her body likes you conflicts with the way she looks up to you...so be nice...~ Her tone was playful and all-knowing. And it was true. She did know a lot about Mana.

~So to answer your question, the tone of your voice is pleasurable to Mana...and myself as well...~ she purred. ~...Any other questions...~ she nuzzled him again.

Anonymous

You only just met me remember. I still can't see how you could trust me this quickly. For that matter, have such deep feelings already./ X'etiz didn't know the inner workings of such things...and he really didn't like the sound of 'a part of a whole again' either. It made him believe that he was supposed to do something with the both of them...This could only lead to trouble.

Love...She loves me? / X'etiz stared in confusion at the young girl, his eyes wide and bewildered. Love wasn't commonplace in the Abyss. There wasn't much time for Love actually. There was simply...lust, and the need to mate and reproduce to keep the numbers high. Love wasn't a factor, so X'etiz hadn't been well versed in the matter.

So what your saying is that I am supposed to be her father, her friend, and her lover? That seems even a bit twisted for me. / Well, not really. It would mean there would be control, and that he would have all of it. The dominance he could assert upon her would make him feel...good about himself to say the least.

Instead of being eleven she is twenty two. I must admit she still looks like she's eleven. / Indeed, she was petite, underdeveloped to say the least in more ways than one. Though, it was interesting to hear that she was in a conflict of sorts.

Lust indeed. Alright then. / Be nice? X'etiz? She really didn't know him all that well. He'd play along for now. He would be...nice so to speak. After all, he had been nice to her from the get go.

No, that about it covers it for now. / He more or less wanted to keep his mouth shut. He didn't really like the idea of a demon fox and a young blue skinned girl enjoying his voice that much. It made him feel odd to say the least.

Anonymous

~Easy...because she trusts you...~ she looked softly over at Mana, caressing her cheek with her tail. ~No...I'm saying that she craves all three of those...and no one has filled those roles for her. I mean, you're free to choose one or more, of course...Or you could fill all of them, I suppose...~ she giggled softly. ~'Roughly' twenty-two...yeas, she does look young and healthy still...but if you look closely, she's very fit and near maturing...~ She looked over Mana again, pointing it out. ~With each recovery, she grows stronger...and her build matures ever so slightly as it tries to stay young...but it cant stay young forever...it must grow...even if its very slow...~ She looked at him with sly eyes at the word 'Lust' and giggled softly. She nodded then, as he stated he was finished for now. ~All right then...would you still like my company...or would you prefer Mana's?~ she teased. He could only choose one of them at a time after all.

Anonymous

Trusts me...? / Well, that actually was some very good news. He smiled and nodded once, just watching the fox demon. Fill all three? Was it even possible? Probably. He really didn't like the idea of any of those at the moment. Father...Friend...Lover. He never had a father really....no friends....lovers he had a few but...that was mainly in the name of mating and species repopulating.

Makes sense I suppose. Still, I don't see why her body would matter to me. I haven't a concern for such things. / X'etiz said with a shrug as he looks from Krae to Mana for a moment, shaking his head. This was all just too weird he found but...then again, he was just as weird. He turned his head to look back at Krae, his face displaying no emotion.

Well Mana is an interesting little creature who is shy, diminutive creature. You're a strong willed intelligent being who inhabits the body of another. / X'etiz said as he rubbed his chin thoughtfully, trying to figure out just which one to choose.

However, I think I'll let you decide Krae. / X'etiz told her as he looked down to her hand, smirking slightly at it.

If you want to stay then keep Mana's hand where it is. If not, then move her hand away...or can you not do that? / X'etiz asked her with a smirk as he watched the woman carefully.

Anonymous

~Her body...it doesn’t have to matter to you...I suppose...I was just explaining...~ she answered softly. ~Oh...?~ she purred playfully when he compared her with Mana. Her eyes smiled again. Now he would let HER choose? Hmmm... She didn't think he would make HER choose. She pondered it a bit, but he broke in with a comment she just couldn't pass up. ~Hmmm...~ Mana came to life a little as it seemed, her hand gripping a little tighter on his as her other came up to caress his cheek. Mana's face showed she was still a little entranced, but she smiled softly at him. ~I don’t need to be outside her body to contact you, you know...~ She teased softly. ~I 'could' let you have both of us...but who knows what direction that might lead us...~ she continued playfully. ~My guess is...that Man is a little too close for comfort...and I...well I'm a little to clever for you to let your guard down...~ she pointed out. ~I can tell you like your privacy...both physically... 'and' mentally...~ she purred. ~After hearing me...do you still wish for 'me' to choose...?~