Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lioness (Silverheart)

Started by Anonymous, January 17, 2007, 03:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was a cool, crisp morning. There was a small breeze that passed by, ruffling the leaves a bit. The river nearby was flowing slowly, and it produced the only real noise that could be heard for a long distance. The sky was white-ish, and there were still rain droplets dripping from the leaves, from a small rain shower that occurred a few minutes ago.

Tania had been hiding from the shower, because she did after all, despise the feel of water, although looking at it would cause no harm. She sat down on a tree stump, in front of the river, pondering some thoughts, before standing up briefly.

"Hmmm," She said to herself, in a low voice. She reached in her belt, and removed a scroll. "Terra," She chanted lowly. "Terra, Terra." Instantly, roots from a tree behind her emerged from the ground, overturning the ground over them. The roots flowed freely in the wind, like frail little strands of hair, in a breeze. She pointed the scroll towards the river, and the roots of the tree plunged underwater. Tania looked upward, with a sort of sad look on her face, before placing the scroll back in her belt.

Anonymous

The great black wolf dozed quietly in the shade of a large oak.  The rain had stopped some time ago, but he had never been one to care about rain.  In fact in many cases he enjoyed the feel of droplets splashing down on his thick coat, soaking slowly down, so that after a while he was sleek and thin.  Of course it did nothing to improve his speed, in fact with all the water in his fur he usually ran slower then normal.  But the feel of cool wet fur against his skin was something else, it was extremely pleasant.

Yet sadly the rain of this day was not so heavy as to soak him down like he liked.  Perhaps it had been for the best.  As he wondered about the valley, soaking in as much of the sweet rain water as he could, his stomach had begun to make its hunger known to the wolf.  It was not long before the black dire wolf had scented out a small group of deer.  Normally a full grown wolf would not be able to take down a deer of their size, nor would one be able to finish it if they did.  But Silverheart was not a normal wolf, and he was in fact much larger then his cousin.  A smaller deer would easily make a good meal for the hungry dire.

And one had, in fact that was the reason he had decided to sleep through the rain.  There was little better then a nap after a full belly.  It also gave him time to think on matters, specifically his partner, Kythe, or Shadow as most knew her these days.  He knew that they'd known each other for the Gods alone know how many centuries, but it was more then one for sure.  And he knew from the memories of his former existence  that they had been good friends.  But those were like another man's memories, not his.  And recently he had admitted to himself that deep friendship was not what he truly felt for the woman.

She was a beautiful woman after all, and they'd saved each others lives numerous times since arriving here.  He supposed such feelings were only natural.  As his mind ran over his own thoughts, the sight of tree roots moving into the near by river startled him.  Surely this place was not so different then the one he had come from, his memories told him that such a thing should not be happening, and even in his own more personal experience he'd not seen it.  Pushing the woman back to a smaller corner of his mind, he doubted he'd ever push her completely out nor would he want to, the wolf shifted back to human form and went to the tree.

No more then two steps towards it he smelt feline mixed with human, and heard a soft voice saying "Terra".  Hello?  Who is doing this?  I should hope you are give the tree water, and not trying to drown her.  You realize too much water can kill them as easily as it can kill a human.  The smell was strong here, but it was not coming from the tree who's roots were now in the river.  Slowly the bounty hunter moved around the tree to see where another had stood before.  Now it was nothing more then a stump, and a seat for the creature he had smelt.  There was no doubt that something had made her at least partially feline, from the look and smell of her.  Careful with the tree youngling.  I would not wish to see it hurt.

Anonymous

"Careful with the tree youngling. I would not wish to see it hurt."

Tania's attention quickly shifted to this person, who so nonchalantly spoke to her. She stared at him, not in a malicious way, or a pissed off sort of way, but just curious, although alittle cautious. Tania once again, took out the scroll, and pointed the scroll towards the ground, and the roots of the tree immediately plunged into where she pointed. She placed it under her belt once again. She leaped a great distance backward, away from him, but still in plain sight.

It wasn't every day that Tania met someone, and she often went days, even weeks sometimes, without contact with the outside world, only spendig her time within the forests. She hadn't expected to see anybody in a place, as secluded, and quiet as this, so she was caught off guard, without the usual chip on her shoulder. She stared out into the river, and then glanced back at him.

"You called me youngling, yet you do not look that much older than myself," She began, "Who are you, and what are you doing here?" She said.   He did seem concerned about whether I hurt the tree, so I don't think I need to protect the forest from him, but I do wonder what he is doing in this area though. I get lots of wanderers in other areas, but never any here. She thought to herself

Anonymous

(((ooc: since you both don't seem to mind, i'll just write a small part too ^^)))

"Go to Connlaoth, there are quite some mages there. Maybe someone knows how to deal with your problem." Kaze muttered darkly to himself as he flew through the forest, mocking the friend that sent him to this district. The way the sun shone through the leaves and created beautiful patterns, as well as the stunning amount of flora and fauna was completely lost on him.
"So you want to go to Reajh? Just go straight on, you can't miss it." He grimaced and instead of dodging the tree right in his way he flew vertically through it's thick crown, making some leaves tumble to the ground in the process.
Kaze shot out of the maze of leaves, hovering some metres over the treetop, gazing around.  He certainly didn't see any city close by. "Straight on, huh..."
The sound of fluttering wings let him turn around, just in time to see a small flock -3- of crows start towards him.
Just his luck.
As fast as he could he darted back into the secure labyrinth of leaves and branches, muttering curses under his breath. Damned omnivores, damned body height of a perfect snack for crows.
'This really is not my day...' he thought while he pumped all of his mental energy into his wings. A human passerby would have seen no more than a black blur shooting past the trees and some crows chasing it with a lot of noise.
When Kaze realized that he had spent quite some energy into this flight he had already lost the crows some time ago (or so he hoped).
'At least something. Didn't get eaten today.' A relieved grin spread over his features as he turned his head around, peering through the trees. Thus he unfortunately missed the branch in front of him.
Smashing hard into it he tumbled to the ground, unconscious.

Anonymous

Pol slowly walked towards the feline like creature who commanded earth so well, even if it was through the use of a spell and scroll instead of sheer will like he once had been able to.  And while his powers had been so greater, he couldn't help but feel jealous as he watched her return the roots to their former places in the soil near the bank of the river.  His memories of this time in DaeLuin were perfect, no longer were their gaps and fuzzy images as there had been when he'd first found himself in this world.  But despite that it was another man's memories in his mind, not his own.

He never loved this Rhosyn, and while it pained him in a detached sort of way, he did not love the one known as Ireland, the girl who his memories told him was his daughter.  Never would the words leave his mouth, but he had admitted it to himself long ago.  The man known as Pol Silverheart, Guardian of Earth, Ranger, that man no longer existed in this world, partly because the memories didn't seem real and partly because he would not survive here.  But despite the fact that the powers he once wielded did not seem real to him, he could not help but miss them.  How useful they would be in tracking down those bounties......or creating a lily for Kythe.

The last thought almost came from no where, so he did his best to ignore it and focused on the feline.  Looks can be deceiving my feline friend.  I might have the look of a young man about me but I was born centuries ago, and plan on living centuries more.  I suppose I could explain how that is possible, but I doubt you'd believe me.  And as for what I am doing here, I don't see how it is any business of yours.  This place is free for all, as far as I know.  But I am feeling open this day, and shall tell you.  My name is...well call me Mr. Silverheart, and I am here for no other reason then the game is plentiful here.  Everyone needs a good meal from time to time.

He paused for a moment as he heard a soft crash.  Glancing half heartedly over his shoulder Pol looked for what ever had created the sound.  Back in DaeLuin he would have searched carefully until he found the origin of the sound, but now he really didn't care.  If there was someone after him, let them come, battle was entertaining at times.  Turning back to the cat woman, he spoke aloud, So, you know my name and my purpose, now may I turn those questions on you?  Seems only far to me.  Though I would like to compliment you on your terramancy, a... he had been about to say "a hundred years ago" but that might not have been true.  He was not sure how many years had passed, if any, from his last day in DaeLuin to his first here.  Before, he said cryptically, I was a great master of manipulating the earth, but it seems like that was far too long ago.

Anonymous

Iristicay had only been wondering through the forest a short while before getting Lost. She loved the forest and to explore new things but had always been wondered about what troubles may lie ahead for her. She was thinking of her mother and how she died so sadly and wondered how her father could abandond her like that and why he wasn't around to see her grow into what she was. This would always make her sad, but then the stories of the wonderful times she had with him would make her smile once again.

At this time she was walking in human form through the forest when she heard a noise like a thump above her. She looked up to see what seemed like a small fairy tumbling to the ground.  She ran toward him/her hoping to stop him/her before they hit the ground but new she would beable to catch him unless she changed form. At once she turned into a leopard dashing toward him. She cought him in the air with her mouth and as soon as she hit the ground she sat him on the ground while chaning into her fairy for to get a good look at him.

He(Kaze) was different then she expected aswell as unconsience. *What could have done this to him?* She thought to herself as she knelt down stairing at his face. He was so pale with really nice black hair. *Where did he come from... He looks different from the other fairys* She began to think. She never saved someone and she thought how weird of him to fall from the sky like that. She touched his face with her healing hands and watch was her own black nails went accross his face.He had made her very curious as she gathered some berries by a near by bush to see if he's like some. She set them on a leaf next him and knelt down behind him letting his head rest on lap as she waited for him to wake.

Anonymous

The sounds of birds chirping, a gentle breeze making the leaves rustle softly. warmth, that must be the sun's on his face.
Slowly he felt his own thoughts rise from the darkness he had fallen into because.. because...
Then it came back to him: crows, bumping into that branch. He didn't hurt as much as he should have. Somehow whatever he lay on was not hard enough to be considered ground.
Kaze snapped his eyes open, only to be blinded by sunlight and squeeze them shut again, groaning. Eyes still closed, he sat up, feeling a dull headache for a split second that fortunately went away as quickly as it had come.
Opening his eyes again he realized that he sat on someones legs. Immediately he jumped to the ground, whirling around.
Unconsciously taking up a defensive stance (that wouldn't help him at all in his current size) he stared at the girl who stared curiously back.
Kaze blinked. She didn't look like a foe at all. Weird hair, he thought, was she human? Rather not, with those eyes...
And he should say something, he figured. So he started with "Uh....who're you?"
Not exactly polite, he thought, but what the hell.

Anonymous

Iristichay did not move but stayed in the same position she was in when the man was laying on her. She wondered where he had come from and why he looked different from other fairy's. She decided it would be be best to stay in her fairy form to not worry the stranger. But wondered what secrets lie inside him.

My name is Iristichay, but I'll allow you to call me what you wish if you cannot remember she said in a soft low tone. Are you Hungery, cause I brought you berries.... May I ask about yourself? She still stayed calm as ever not to make any sudden movements that might make the guy in an attack stance strike at her.

She herself had very long hair but it wasn't just one color like the man she saw before her. She wondered what he had been through, but glad to see someone in these forest.  Her face showed a still Curious but slightly happy face toward him, hoping to not startle the young man.

Anonymous

The girl, Iristichay, spoke in a very soft tone and seemed not to want to look threatening. Kaze realized how he must look, standing ready to strike out over a sitting girl, who obviously tried her best to be kind to him. He relaxed and looked at the berries, each one as big as a melon for him.
"My name's Kaze." he answered warily, looking back to Iristichay. He scanned her again. "Thanks for the food... you're not a real faerie, are you? I don't think I've ever seen one with eyes like yours." He didn't quite find it easy to tell other's species by looking at them. Once again he wished he'd have the gift to read other's minds.
"And- what happened? Didn't I fall down...?" If he had fallen, he should hurt a lot more. She couldn't have caught him or something, could she? By the way, great to meet someone! Maybe she could tell him where exactly he was.
Iristichay, who hadn't had a chance to answer just yet didn't really seem to mind all his questions. Kaze sat down, grabbed a good looking berry and started to eat, only now noticing the sound of a nearby river.

Anonymous

((OOC:Hmm, somehow my post got deleted before...))

Tania didn't move as he (silverheart) drew closer. At any other time, she would have sidestepped and attacked, but this time, Tania wasn't ready for a battle quite yet, so she merely followed him with her eyes. She also trusted him a bit, due to his apparent concern for nature.  "hmm," she slowly mumbled in a low voice to herself.

"Looks can be deceiving my feline friend. I might have the look of a young man about me but I was born centuries ago, and plan on living centuries more. I suppose I could explain how that is possible, but I doubt you'd believe me. And as for what I am doing here, I don't see how it is any business of yours. This place is free for all, as far as I know. But I am feeling open this day, and shall tell you. My name is...well call me Mr. Silverheart, and I am here for no other reason then the game is plentiful here. Everyone needs a good meal from time to time."

Tania stared at him, with a blank look on her face. Both confusion from his' saying that he was over a hundred years old, and from him outright saying that something wasn't her business.

Tania had been used to intimidating others, and almost bullying them, so for someone to blatently speak up to her, in the manner of an equal was unusual to her. Naturally, she was confused at this too.

"Well, it kind of is my business, since this is my home, but whatever you say." She said. She had been trying to control her anger recently, as she usually got mad easily, and would go on a rampage, however, this new attitude was a positive change. "Don't move." She said

Tania removed a scroll from her belt, and opened it up. "Eagle eye!" She looked towards the bush that was over Silverheart's shoulder. Her eyes went completely grey, without a trace of yellow left,and sure enough, she saw two figures near the bush, one tiny, and one very slightly larger, although her momentary enhanced eyesight made the figures very clear.

Still, instinctively, she put the scroll under her belt with haste, causing her eyes to revert back to yellow,  and pointed all five claws of her right hand at the bush. Lightning bolts emerged from her fingertips, and went into the bush, also igniting the bush, and creating a light that brightened up the area.

Anonymous

Iristichay stairred as he ate the berry as if he hadn't ate in a long time.  She wondered how much she should tell him but she was alone and thought a friend would be nice. She wasn't use to being alone but neither was she use to a males company. She was afraid he'd think of her as nothing more of a beast if he seen her naturl form with her tail and everything. It worried her so and so she decided not to say much on the subject. She never took her eyes off him.

I'm part fairy and part something else but I rather you not know what. I saw you falling from the sky and yes I did save you by catching you, but you don't want to know how I did it. It's nice to meet you by the way can you tell me where I am? She smiled which soon turned into fright when she notice a flash of light behind her and a blast of heat of fire sending her flying forward. She landed right infront of him and freaked out thinking she was under attack but was dizzy from the fall. She hit the groud hard forcing A rock sheild to seperate her and him from the fire before being knocked out for using her powers in her condition. She still layed in fairy form less then a foot tall for she was a fairy. The burn marks on her legs began to heal slowly while she was knocked out.

Anonymous

"It's nice to meet you by the way can you tell me where I am?"
Great, just great. Finally he met another person in this huge deserted area and then she was lost also. Just when he was about to answer "Somewhere in  Sirantil Valley" some kind of energy hit the bush behind Iristichay and suddenly burned up. Because they both were light and small they were hurled a little away from the bush.
She fell forward while Kaze fell backwards, quickly bringing his arms up to shield his face.
There should be more heat, he thought, and when Kaze lifted his arm to have a look what happened he saw that for some reason there was some kind of shield blocking the heat from the both of them.
He jumped up, shocked and irate, and soared some metres into the air. His very first thought went to possible attackers, and sure enough, there were two figures standing close to the river he had heard earlier. A part of him registered that Iristichay was still lying on the ground, but she didn't seem in immediate danger. His next look went to the bush, noting that it had only been that single bush that had been sparked off; which meant it probably hadn't been meant to kill them, which lead to the question why it had been sparked off...  Iristichay and himself hadn't been that easy to see or even hear and much less been of a thread to others, except there was more to the girl than met the eye, which surely was because weird things happened around her, so much he had seen, like that shield- and she'd also said she'd rescued him earlier when he fell down and what was it about her being half faerie and stuff and- Damn it, why did he keep on meeting people that meant trouble? That brought him back to the two figures, what the hell did they think they were, lighting random bushes?! And how on earth did they do that?
With quite some effort Kaze stopped his whirling thoughts, narrowing them down to 'Who are those two?'
It all hadn't taken much time, just a couple of seconds until he shot out of the trees towards the two figures who, as he saw now, were a man whose expression was unreadable and who had black hair with a conspicuous lock of silver, and a woman with incredibly long hair who kept her eyes -where they yellow? wait, did that guy have golden eyes too?- on him as he stopped some (what he deemed to be safe) distance away from them but still whizzing some centimeters from right to left in the air (it was a little difficult to stay still in the air with dragonfly's wings).

"What the heck! What do you think you're doing, making fire just like that? Are you freakin' mad?!" Kaze shouted angrily, gesticulating wildly. He didn't know who of the two humans -they seemed to be that, but really, right now he couldn't care less- had done it and therefore kept on looking from one to the other while he continued to yell at them.

Anonymous

Tania pulled out another scroll from her belt, and pointed it towards the fire.

"Inferno," she said, while the fire completely vanished without a trace. The bush was still burnt, but the fire was no more. She put the spell under her belt, and glanced at Pol, and then at this tiny creature. The smell of fire began to circulate around, and a minimal ammount of smoke emanated from the bushes.

Tania raised an eyebrow at Kaze, not angrily, but amused. " Who... no, what are you, and why are you yelling at me, while I could demolish you with one claw?" She said slowly, as she pointed to ground right next to Kaze, with her index finger. Lightning blasted from her finger, next to Kaze, with a crashing sound.

" Now, what were you saying again?" she said with a smirk.

Anonymous

The woman said "Inferno", pointing towards the fire with a scroll, making it vanish.
One question answered, it had most probably been her who lit it.  
Kaze shut up, eying her angrily.
" Who... no, what are you, and why are you yelling at me, while I could demolish you with one claw?" the woman said in a tone that wasn't entirely threatening but the way she said that suggested this was no joke at all. She made her point clear when she shot lightning to the ground close to Kaze who gave a small startled hiss and quickly moved a little away from the explosion the woman had caused.
 " Now, what were you saying again?" She definitely was smirking. Kaze clenched his teeth. He really didn't have death scheduled for today but couldn't just swallow his anger either. "I said" he began, trying very hard not to yell, "you can't just go around attacking people. Stop it." Remembering her question he also added: "As to what and also who I am, that's none of your business."
All the while Kaze kept on watching the woman's hands, hoping she wouldn't attack and if she did attack, he would be able to see the movement. He wasn't that much of a fighter, though he had been decent when he had been his 'original' size; but if things came down to it he could give that woman and the man a nice headache and flee.

Anonymous

Iristichay finally awoke and instintly noticed the guy was gone. She sat up puzzled and wonder if he seen what she did. He probably did and ran for his life she whispered to her self and she sat against the rock wall she made with her arms around her legs.

Not even a minute later she heard yelling from afar and found herself flying toward the noise to see what's going on. She stood back to see What appeard to be a human male and feline woman and the fairy-like man she ran into earlier. As soon as the feline yelled out Inferno The human-like male jumped backing taling off into the trees and a fire she seen earlier vanished. Whether that man had taken off for good or hidden to get a safe watch was not her consern, it was the felines power.

She watched as the feline spoke to her fairy friend as though he could instintly kill him while snickering at him which made Iristichay want to jump at her but Iristichay was a peaceful person there for holding back to watch what would happen next which by her surprise wasn't much. He just watch her and spoke of her doing wrong.

She wanted to do something to stop them but didn't quite know what to say or do. She thought about turning into an animal and making it look like He could control animals but it would of failed miserbly if he messed up not knowing what to do. She was even tempted to go into Drygon form but was scared to show that side of her. Instead Iristichay fley to the guy(Kaze's) side and stood making the wind flow fast around him and herself to show she does have power and she wouldn't be afraid to use it. She didn't speak she just staired waiting for what might happen next.

OOC: Siverheart gave me permission to move his character out, but I did it in a way he could come back. Oh and so we can move on. Hope we can continue.