Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Love and Hate (Everyone May Join)

Started by Anonymous, January 29, 2007, 01:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Saran had traveled along distance in just that night, running further and further form those with emiotions. Everytime she felt safe the more their feelings haunt her.  Finally she reached the middle of the forest, and her home. She could feel nothing tugging at her, which was always good to her. Saran sat by the Fresh watered River near the middle of the forest while taking her thin coat and her boots off. She was to tired and weary, maybe even to tired for a bathe in the water, but after a minute of feeling the sweat on her body she decided she could not sleep without taking one. Saran began to unbraid her hair snd let it flow freely. It took five minutes just to unbraid the whole thing. As she took her cloths off she layed them neatly next to the river. She always stairred in the water looking at her face and the gem in the middle of her forehead she would graze it cursing it for the pain and suffering of others she felt. Then she's dive in and rest against the rock in the middle of the water, cleansing herself.

How could people hurt so much? What can save them all? She thought whilest Crying as the emotions left her little by little. All the hate in this world and nothing she could do to help them. The thoughts begain rushing back to her of a small who followed her. The child being raped by her father moments after the child walked into the home Saran was next to, and the feelings and the pain went rushing to her and she clentched onto the rock.  Tears fell freely as she then consentrated on her own body and the scares that lay on her back. I must not remember, I must not think about the pain. remember the good times. Remember saving that bird a few weeks back. Remember Joy. Saran said in her mind as she forced herself to remember the happiness.

Anonymous

A beautiful night, neither too warm nor too cold. Perfect to be walking through this forest, listening to the soft rustle of the leaves, feel the gentle breeze, watch the half moon rise slowly.
Chiyan breathed deeply, letting the leaves of a bush slide through her fingers as she walked by. After being in the city for quite a time, she could relish the quiet out here.
The brown leather bag strapped over her shoulder contained a message, which was the reason she was in the forest right now. She'd taken small jobs to earn money, and her recent job required her to bring that message to a man living in this very forest. Simple task, really, which most other mercenaries wouldn't bother to take.
The message did not require to be arrive quickly, which was why this was already the second night she spent in this forest, usually walking in the afternoon and night. The map given to her had led her away from the usual way people used to get through the forest, not that she had seen anyone as of yet.
Hearing the sound of a river she decided she had walked enough for the night and went to have a look at it, drink something and then sleep.
Chiyan made her way through the thick bushes, noting one nearby that seemed to have burned some time ago. Shrugging that weird sight off she stood next to the river, glancing in either direction but seeing no one.
It was not a long time until she had curled up under a tree, using the leather bag as a pillow, and slept.

Anonymous

Saran after batheing in the river got out slowly draining the water from her long dark blue hair, as the heat from the sun and soft wind dried her body. She'd always lay out in the sunspreading her hair so it'd dry faster in equal amounts. When her hair was dry to her likly, which was when the sun begain to to go down, she got up and gathered some berries before she went to bed.

She climbed a big tree where she'd always like to sleep and rested before nightfall came. As nightful came she began to wonder why she couldn't sleep, then barely but little bits of emotion started comming to her and she knew someone was around. She looked curiously not to make a sould when she seen female go up to the river. The female looked arond and took a drink of water then seemed to curl next to a tree using what seemed to be, a leather bag as a pillow. This made Saran sad and happy. One the females had very little emotion in her showing and it was a new sight to see, but she was all alone curled up in a ball.

Saran slowly climbed down and spent the night picking soft but big leaves to cover the female with. It took long but she did and begain to worry how she would cover the girl with them without waking her. She ended up doing it one leaf at a time. Saran rested next to the female for until the sun was about to rise, then got up and picked several different berries for her and her new friend. Laying the females berried on a big leaf next to her and her own berries on a seperate leaf. It was in her nature to be kind, but if the female woke up happy then Saran wouldn't have to fear saddness and hate.

OCC: Female=Chiyan, just incase you didn't get that lol.

Anonymous

The sun was shining into Chiyans face. She stirred, moving her face away from it to get even more sleep.
Her movements rustled. Still sleepy she moved her arm, hearing the sound again. Unwillingly she opened her eyes to find herself covered in leaves.
For a moment she just lay there, processing the situation. Just how on earth did she end up covered in leaves? Had she slept until autumn leaves had covered her?
She'd always been one to sleep long, and judging from the sun it might well be midday. Sitting up, Chiyan still stared at the leaves in utter surprise. She blinked, then laugher suddenly bubbled up in her, making her laugh out loudly.
Turning a little, she noticed berries on a leaf placed neatly next to her and her laughter slowly died down, though she still chuckled. Wiping a tear from her eye, she looked around, only now noting a figure standing to her far right.

Anonymous

You laugh although you seem more curious then happy to me. Saran said stirring at her noticing she looked about her age. She was pretty to her and kind of enjoyed her laughter as she had not heard one in a while. She wondered how the woman would react to her being there.

I'm sorry if I disturbed you, I promice I took nothing and only wished to make you happy she said in a slightly louder tone as she went from standing to sitting making as few movements as possible. The girls hair wasn't as long as her own but about the same as a normall human then Saran seen it. The leaves move from her waist and she seen a dagger sticking out. This filled her face with curiousty and fear at the same time.

Could she be a hunter? Or maybe even a killer? Or she could just have it to protect herself? She thought as she been to study the womans face. She wondered of the woman's next words and waited in wonder.

Anonymous

Naia--Ayan, rather--wandered through and through, past the village of Ketra, through the mountains, made a U-turn, and ended up here, carrying only his white and black violins. Ever since he had met the two fox-like girls Adi and Aoi, her form had not changed. She was still Ayan, the fox-man.

Ayan reached for his little black music box and hesitated, remembering that it now belonged to his dear friend Little Aoi. He hoped that she would enjoy it greatly as he awkwardly held his arm akimbo.

His ear twitched and his green eyes darted towards the sound--laughter. He hadn't heard that since he played with the traveling musicians. He smiled at the sound and reveled in it until it faded away.

He started to head for the general direction where the laughter was coming from, but decided against it. The last time he followed laughter in the mountains, he found himself being prepped for a giant's supper.

Instead, to keep his mind preoccupied, he pulled out both violins and prepped their bows and strings. He kept the black violin in its case with its bow laying across its strings; his white violin was in his hands, ready to play.

Ayan cleared his throat: "One, two, a-one, two, three, four!" And a quick and light-hearted tune began playing. The other violin seemed to wait patiently before it decided to magically jump in, harmonizing with Ayan's tune.

Ayan began singing in his own language, a fluid and impish-sounding tongue that could captivate any aesthetic person. Then, during a bridge in the song, he switched languages: "Can, can you do the can-can? I can do the can-can; I can do the can. I can, you can you can-can?" And so forth. The fox's bushy tail began wagging and thumping the ground to the quick beat. Ayan began doing something similar to a mixture between a riverdance and a tapdance.

The song continued for quite a while with a grand ending of slides, quick bow work, and vibrato. Ayan tossed his auburn hair and smiled, although he still hadn't distracted himself from his curiosity--he still wished to see the one who'd laughed earlier.

(Sorry if that's a bad way to jump in...I promise my other replies will be better!)

Anonymous

(((ooc: i think i know the song... ^^)))

The woman- the girl, as she didn't look that old, barely out of her teens, just as Chiyan herself looked, muttered something, then said more clearly: "I'm sorry if I disturbed you, I promise I took nothing and only wished to make you happy." and sat down slowly, watching Chiyan.
The girl was pretty, the main colours blue and black. The blue gem on her forehead was the same blue as her eyes and hair, which gave her an air of calmness. Chiyan felt the black clothing didn't fit her, it seemed as though the girl was a rather quiet person and wore all the black to make her look harder.
Chiyan grinned at her. "I'm not about to throw a tantrum about being covered in leaves."
It could have been worse, really, and the whole make-you-happy-by-covering-you-in-leaves was rather cute, as much as it surprised Chiyan to think such a word.
The situation was really weird; and Chiyan was not one to ignore weirdness. Looking at the girl who seemed to eye her with barely held back curiousity Chiyan took a handful of the berries lying next to her. "For me? Thanks." The girl's eyes went to her katana and her face darkened. She probably doesn't like fighting, Chiyan thought, and said "Don't worry, I'm not slaying random people." She gave another bright grin.
The day seemed to be getting interesting. She wasn't going to complain.
A tune drifted faintly through the air, making Chiyan wonder what that was. Catchy tune. She'd been walking through the forest without meeting anyone and today she met a girl in person and someone else was obviously playing a.. violin? nearby. Another violin joined, making it three people altogether.
Thinking the people might be related she asked: "Who's playing that nice melody? And who're you, by the way? I'm called Chiyan."

Anonymous

Saran was happy to hear she wasn't a slayer, but more happy she didn't seem sad. Saran was tired or feeling those feelings from others and this was a new change for her. I wonder if she'll stay this way....or if she's another human not thinking about her sadness for the time being. She thought for a few seconds

Hello Chiyan, I'm saran. It made her curious Chiyan seemed opened to her and trusted her enough to eat what she brought her. Oh and your welcome she said forgetting the girl said thankful for a minute. Saran didn't know what to do next, she was nervous about the girl getting upset in the future and wondered how long it would be before she did. Saran sttod up when the lady asked a question "Who's playing that nice melody?" She hadn't noticed the music until now. She was too focused on Chiyan then listened ever so slowly until it stoped.

I don't know who that it, your the first person I seen come accross my home. Saran said confused and woderous of the noise. Here Saran held out her pale hand to help lift the lady onto her feet.

Anonymous

"Hm?" Chiyan took the offered hand, finally freeing herself from all the leaves. "So it's no one you know? Now that's funny... seems everybody in this forest meets up at the same place."  She dusted herself off and grabbed her bag. Saran seemed interested in her. Maybe she didn't meet many people.
Chiyan decided she would take this weird day for what it was and thus said: "Come on then, Saran, let's have a look who's playing there. From the city I'm coming from I'm not used to melodies like that- there it's mostly untalented musician-wannabes." She stretched and then added: "I'll just have a drink first and  stuff.." and went to the river to wash her face briefly, which only took a short moment.

Inwardly, she was curious and somewhat excited. How often did you meet people in the woods? Usually she tended to meet unpleasant people, so this was a nice change. For some reason she was sure the person playing the melody wouldn't be unpleasant either, which was why she buoyantly walked back deeper into the forest.

Anonymous

((The version I'm thinking of is Vanessa Mae's "I (Can), Can (You?)" ^-^ I love that song!))

Ayan's ear twitched at the sound of moving leaves. To stave off his worry--he was beginning to think the dog that'd bitten him months ago was back to bite him--he played another song, a quicker song that he had made for a special event he and his friends had to play for. He remembered the dance he had to perform and everything.

He danced himself all the way into someone's camp--and right into a large tree's root. His foot caught in the root and tripped him. Fortunately, both his black and white violins were saved (how the black violin followed him, Ayan had no idea). However, Ayan landed in an awkward position, his tail pressed against the ground, his foot still caught in the root, and his arms flailing. Ayan, bent over, looked as if he were attempting a cartwheel mixed with a somersault.

Looking behind him, he noticed two young women. "Um...uh..." Ayan's cute and angular face turned a soft pink, his eyes flickering about for an excuse. "I'm sorry, Young Misses, I didn't mean to intrude..."

Anonymous

Saran had not spoken a word more she was shy of her new friend and even more curious of why she seemed so nice and trusting toward her. This was a strange day for her. Suddenly more and faster music and began playing, the sound comming closer and closer which frightened her but sinced slight worriness from the person and become less frightened she didn't expect what would happen next.

A Violin seemed to be floating behind a word dog like man who was playing another Violin. He was dancing oddly and she really haven heard music in years about 8 to be exact. The wolf like boy seemed to trip and get his foot stook whilewailing his arms which was quite odd. She seen his face go red (blush) and she felt his nerves which was as odd feeling she hadn't felt in a long time either.

Um...hi Saran's face turned a blush as she was not use to being near men or seen by men. She smiled then turned away slightly to hide her facealittle. She was even more shy around men. her body felt stunned and she didn't move a muscle.

Anonymous

(((ooc: know that song~ have it somewhere in my cd collection, actually ^^)))

Chiyan watched as a man who very much reminded her of a fox ungraciously fell to the ground. She barely repressed her laughter at the comical situation as he, obviously embarrassed, said "I'm sorry, Young Misses, I didn't mean to intrude...". The girl who had introduced herself as Saran answered shyly while Chiyan went over to the man to help him up, grinning like mad all the way.
"Well, hello. You've also played the song earlier, didn't you? It sounded great." She eyed the two violins curiously. "Didn't someone else play together with you?"

Anonymous

Feeling someone touch him made him beyond nervous; his cheeks flared up and his bushy fox tail began wagging furiously. "Ah! Ahh...Y-yes, that was me, Miss. And, ah...no, no one was...no one was playing the other one. It's an enchanted violin." He didn't deem it a good time to go into detail about his friend who enchanted it herself, so she could always be with him.

He thanked Chiyan for helping him up, pushing his auburn hair out of his eyes. "I would normally give you money for your trouble...since I've stumbled into your camp and all," he said, "but I'm all out. Is there anything I can do for you instead?"

Ayan/Naia was the type of person who always found it a necessity to give someone a gift as a thank-you. However, thank-yous were harder to give when he was poor. When he was with the band, he used to give fancy rings and necklaces and other expensive items as thank-yous. Because of it, his band members called him the Good Samaritan.

He missed those days...

Anonymous

Saran was still curious and shocked of the girl seeming to trust people like that. She worried for those ladies when it comes to wondering off. Saran wanted to say something but didn't deem it an approipate time for that. Besides she was still nervous of the man in her midst. She never seen one like him but it was weird and interesting all at once. Her mind was wondering everywhere between the two but she was to afraid to say anything.

Wait didn't I hold out my hand earlier to help the lady up? Saran remembered. She was not one to actually touch someone although she loved to help others she always found other ways of helping them without touch. Saran was lost in remembering the touch of the ladies hand and for some odd reason she felt violated. Maybe because she wasn't use to be touched. Her mind began to drift back to the current situation.

"I would normally give you money for your trouble...since I've stumbled into your camp and all,but I'm all out. Is there anything I can do for you instead?"  he said  Which made her curious as why he wanted to do something for her when it seemed clearly an accident.

ah... She studdered aloud shy and nervous her face was back to normall. She began to remember the first song he played and although it was not polite to ask for things she really wanted to hear this "Music" again.

Um...you don't have to, but um... if you want to...I would like to hear that first song you played sir... but you don't have to. The whole time saying this she was afraid to look at him so kept her face pointed to the ground.

Anonymous

Chiyan found it hard to refrain from shaking her head in disbelief as the man said: "I would normally give you money for your trouble...since I've stumbled into your camp and all,but I'm all out. Is there anything I can do for you instead?"
Usually situations like this- well, actually there had never been a situation like this- were marked by death threats and maybe a battle. This completely no-violence she was facing was really.... something different, for the lack of words.
And the enchanted violin! Chiyan had never seen such a thing, much less thought about the fact that violins could be enchanted; as to why someone would do that...
Saran spoke up shyly. "Um...you don't have to, but um... if you want to...I would like to hear that first song you played sir... but you don't have to."
Nice idea, Chiyan thought, looking back to the girl; she wanted to see the enchanted violin in action too. Magic was not something she had encountered that often before.
"Great idea! By the way, stop being so awfully polite..." turning to the musician she tucked a strand of her own auburn hair- the musician's hair was a little lighter, more adding to the foxish air he had- behind her twice pierced ear and continued: "My name's Chiyan and that's Saran. Just met her, too. What's your name and why aren't you hired in some famous orchestra?"

Anonymous

"Of--of course. Just let me get ready; it'll only be a moment." Ayan checked his strings and bows, dusted off his violin and the black violin and, yet again, he counted: "One, two, a-one, two, three, four!" Both Ayan and the enchanted violin began playing, harmonizing perfectly together. As they played, Ayan plucked strings with his fingers during the song to add a new quirky effect to it. He thumped his tail against the ground every once in awhile along with the music and did what he calls "toe touches," which were essentially him pointing a foot in front of him, then to the side, to the back, then in front of him again. A little dance his group used to do onstage and in the streets while they walked.

Once the song was over, he bowed gracefully, his bushy tail raising in the air in an "S" shape, his ears lowered respectfully. "My name is Ayan. It's a pleasure to meet you two." He blinked at his own politeness and straightened up, smiling sheepishly. "Do forgive me; I was taught to be four times as proper in front of ladies than in front of men...it's a habit that, apparently, I need to break."

He began placing the black and white violins back into their cases when Chiyan mentioned being in an orchestra. He stopped moviing a moment, holding his violin just above its case, not quite putting it down, not quite picking it back up. "Ahm...I...I used to be in one." He smiled painfully and continued putting his violins back. He put them back with an instinctive love that other people seemed to notice--his eyes would soften and a smile would appear on his face, the kind of smile that one would give to a newborn baby.

He decided not to get into why he wasn't in the band. It wasn't an appropriate time.

((Sorry this took me so long. I had a monster of a lab report to complete this week. D8 ))

Anonymous

Saran smiled and listened to this wonderful music. It was sweet to her ears, and somethign new to her. She satred at him on wonder of what he was as in creature wise. She even staired at his busy tail which her wolf side thought about biting but her mind was still in place. Saran couldn't help but think how much of a weird day has gone by and if it lead to her having friends or if they would leave her....

Looking Ayan in the eyes for the first real time. Ayan please don't be sad. Your love is great but don't be sad Saran couldn't help but feel it. His sadness of the past was making her sad which she hated being.  Although she knew his feelings, she didn't know what to do to help him. Saran wondered of the girl and if she liked him. Although Saran is to shy the other girl seemed abit forward, but then again she was the same to her which really confused. After saying what she did to him her eyes left his and hit the water, then she looked back to see if he'd be looking at her or the other girl...

(Yea i just got back I had a conferance out of town.)

Anonymous

Enjoying the music, Chiyan had sat down on the ground, watching the man play the song again. He seemed to have a lot of fun doing that. After that he introduced himself (Chiyan couldn't help but stare at him when he called her a 'lady', something that no one else had ever done... on the other hand she usually acted very brash and unapproachable when meeting new people, which actually only happened when she was looking for a job or something). It also became clear when he moved that he was nothing like an ordinary human. Chiyan wondered what he was, probably not a shifter because then he wouldn't be stuck in-between two forms.
So he used to be in a band? Sad thing he wasn't anymore. Such talent shouldn't be wasted, Chiyan thought.
When he put back the violins, Saran spoke up: "Ayan please don't be sad. Your love is great but don't be sad"
Chiyan looked over to her, surprised. That came unexpected. Why did she say something as weird as that? Ayan hadn't seemed sad to her.
The blue haired girl immediately went back to her shy self, while Chiyan felt alerted. Saran was not dangerous in a way an attacker would be, so much was clear, but that comment proved the girl knew something that had escaped Chiyan's eyes.
Waiting tentatively for Ayan's answer, Chiyan made herself momentary content with frowning.

(((hehe.. and I thought I'd be the one to be too busy with exams xD btw all our character names end with 'an', funny.)))

Anonymous

He blinked at Saran, wondering how she caught his pain. He did that quite often himself. "W--Miss...?" He didn't know what to say. He shook the question away; it was only a coincidence...

...right? "W-where did you two come from? By the looks of you two, I can tell you came from two different corners of the world." He smiled brightly. "You're like myself, aren't you? Traveling about, yes?" He looked from Saran to Chiyan, expecting an answer.

He picked up his cases, wrapped his tail about his waist, and flicked his fox ears about, showing off his more gentle, graceful appearance. My, my, he was quite a flirt and he didn't even know it.

Anonymous

Um I'm from... Saran began to studder, it was odd for her to talk so much. I'm from this forest, this is my home.... She finally spoke up. She knew he was ignoring the question but if only he said his pain she might be able to help. Saran let her blue hair cover some of her face wonderng if he seen the jewel and if he knew her kind. It wouldn't bother her so long as he didn't mind her kind and didn't try to over power her. Which with her strength from her father's wolfs side she doubt it. She desided she'd stay this way instead of her wolf form for she might crave to bite his tail.

With all the talking, Saran began to gain alittle confidance and actually wanted to ask about him and what he was exactly. She looked back up getting ready to ask the question when something else came to mind....

Um I understand if you don't want to tell us why your sad, but if you want to later, I really want to know. Wow Saran was speakiing and she was starting to like it. She was debating if she should again but couldn't help herself...

and um What are you exactly... you got a nice bushy tail Saran giggle at the end of saying that thinking of how funny that must of sounded to him but then immediatly went back into her shy state stairing at the ground. But this time she knelt down onto her knees holding her own hands as she layed them on her lap. This is really the first time she spoke to a boy and it was quite odd to her. She wondered which one would respond first...The other girl to his questions or him to her questions... This made her curious as she picked up one of the berries on her leaf and ate it slowly.