Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Love and Hate (Everyone May Join)

Started by Anonymous, January 29, 2007, 01:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It seemed Ayan was just as bewildered by the question as Chiyan herself was.
She was not surprised when Saran said that this forest was her home. Figured, the girl probably didn't meet many people and thus was this shy.
"and um What are you exactly... you got a nice bushy tail" the blue haired girl stammered, hiding herself behind her hair. Chiyan fought back a sigh. 'No need to be that shy..'
Still the question was good. "Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen someone such as you. So you're a traveller, too? I'm a mercenary, but today I'm just to deliver something." She added to Saran's line, patting the leather bag that hung on her hip, right next to her two swords.

Anonymous

"Ah, I see. The forest..." He nodded, wondering if anything had changed in these woods. He'd lived in them years ago when there used to be a bear larger than anything he'd ever seen before. He wondered if the bear still lived..."You may want to be careful out here, Miss Saran," he said softly. "There's a lot of dangers out here." He looked above him to see a sturdy tree branch above him. With one swift hop, he grabbed the branch and sat on it gracefully, his bushy tail swinging in the air.

He blushed at Saran's compliment and looked up at the sky to keep her from seeing. "Thank you, Miss. I'm just a fox-man...nothing special."

He looked over at Chiyan and smiled. "A mercenary?" He appreciated those that put their lives on the line for civilians such as himself. He couldn't even express that to her. "I'm just wandering around right now. I'm looking for some sort of job where they need a violinist or two," he added, nodding to his black violin.

Anonymous

Ayan had jumped onto a tree branch and sat on it, looking very relaxed.
So he was a fox-man... somehow, Chiyan had expected a longer explanation. Shrugging it off, she grinned up to him.
"If you're looking for a job why're you wandering around in this forest?" she asked. Why didn't he look for a job in the city he had been in before?

Of course, since Chiyan loved to live in cities the thought that he might not have wanted to stay in the city he had been before or that he might have not spent his time in a city before he needed a job didn't cross her mind.

Anonymous

Saran didn't have to see him blush she could feel hm him do it. She was surprised he was just a fox-man, even more shocked when he said many dangers. She knew nothing in the forest would hurt her for it was all she had and loved it. She looked up at him looking up and smiled knowing the reason he was looking up.

You mine as well come down, I know everything you feel and as for the dangers of the forest, I don't fear for nothing in the forest would want to hurt me. She spoke aloud proud of what she said in a since. She knew she would get plenty of reactions but didn't care so long as they wern't hurting at the moment.

Saran look over to the girl and wondered the same thing Why look for a job in the forest. She looked at the virl and wondered what exactly was a mercenary. She just smiled at the girl while finishing her berries.

Anonymous

Ayan tilted his head and flicked his ears at Saran's voice. "Why should I come down? I like sitting in trees; it's my pasttime." He looked down at them, listening patiently to their questions.

"Ah, perhaps I should have explained myself better." He pulled his tail up and let it brush his angular face and checked it for any unwanted hitchhikers. "I just came from a city not too long ago; it was a city I've never performed in before. Apparently, they don't take too kindly to music. So, I'm headed off towards my hometown...it's where they appreciate magic and music the most." He nodded, still not sure if they understood him.

Anonymous

"So, I'm headed off towards my hometown...it's where they appreciate magic and music the most." Ayan explained, looking down on Chiyan and Saran.
"Ah." Magic and music, sounds like an interesting city, Chiyan thought, contemplating whether to ask for the city's name or not. It didn't really matter but she didn't know what else to talk about; a situation she always disliked.
Remembering that actually she was supposed to deliver something, she started to draw a map of the forest in her head, trying to visualize her current position; so that she could head off in the correct direction should the other two bid their farewells.
Which she hoped they wouldn't.
She was briefly reminded of her current employer. 'If you come back in less than a week we might have another delivery for you... a magic item, that is. Interested?' he had said to her right before she left. Wondering whether that magic item was supposed to be delivered to the city Ayan was heading towards, she propped her head up in her left hand, bangle disappearing under her long sleeve.
"Magic, huh."

Anonymous

Saran studied Chiyan's reaction to Ayan's comment. Just Curious do you have anything against magic? Saran asked Chiyan clueless of her reaction to it. Magic is either a curse or a blessing

She wouldn't say more. She didn't like the Idea of that guy sitting in the tree in the exact spot she slept. It bothered him but she couldn't be rude. Saran was tempted to climb the tree and watch ever move he made but for the first time in a long time she was Lazy. Instead Saran took off her coat and folded it in her arms stairing back and forth at the two. She really didn't know who to watch or what to do. She thought about it and a nice run through the forest in her wolf form would feel great but see might be tempted to but the fox-man. Saran didn't want to show off her magic ability's either. Not yet, because she wanted to see how the Chiyan would react to her.

(Sorry not Much didn't really know what to post)

Anonymous

"Just Curious do you have anything against magic?"
"Eh?" Another weird comment from Saran. The blue haired girl continued: "Magic is either a curse or a blessing."
Chiyan frowned. Weird comment. What was it about this Saran?
She could feel her good mood slowly drain away from her, replaced by uneasiness. She really, really did not like not to know what was going on, and Saran's thoughts were a complete mystery to her.
"I don't have anything against magic." Chiyan stated, trying to keep every emotion out of her voice. "Isn't about everything either a curse or a blessing?"

Anonymous

((Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm grounded, as you can see in my sig ^-^;, so that means I have to post while I'm at school for the present time.))

Tilting his head at Saran's question, he flicked his tail back and forth. "Well, ah..." Not knowing how to change the conversation, he spluttered, "Miss, ah, Chiyan, would you mind if I accompanied you on your quest to deliver whatever it is you're delivering?" The phrase was shaky and awkward. He was taught to always wait to be asked to accompany someone on a journey of any type. However something compelled him to tag along with this one...and possibly Saran as well...

He listened to Saran's second question and then to Chiyan's response-in-a-question. "I'd have to agree with you, Miss Chiyan. I--" He stopped, hearing his black violin pluck its own strings from inside the case, making a sad noise. "What's wrong with you, huh? Ready to go, are you?"

Anonymous

Not everything is a curse or blessing, but that is not what I ment. Saran begn to feel her uneasiness which began to make her uneasy aswell. Saran began to brush more of her blue hair out of her face as she glance over to Ayan as she  heard him speak.

As he spoke of leaving her to go with the other girl Saran began to overwhelm with saddness. She felt like he wanted to avoid her, and she felt unwanted. Saran was easily hurt by other's word's or reactions, even though she hurt way more when it comes to other's feelings. As Saran began to feelunwanted she decided to stay that way. She wouldn't even look at him she just turned her back to the two. Go with her if you wish. Have fun on your journey. She spoke with slight happiness in her voice even though she felt the oppisite. Saran began to walk away from them as she stared at the beauty of the lake. Not half way there she heard the plucking of the Violin's strings and was despertaly wanting to hear another song, but she dared not look back at it or them. She rather they be happy. She kept walking, and when up to the edge of the lake she stoob and knelt down on her knees then droped to lay with her blue hair spread out on the grass behind her.

Anonymous

Again, Ayan had to tilt his head. "Um...Miss?" He let her finish and then tried to call out to her. He rolled his eyes and let out an ear-piercing whistle that carried through the forest. "MISS! I didn't know whether or not you would want to join us or not--you may be busy...That's why I didn't ask whether or not you wanted to come along."

Is this how women truly acted? he wondered. My word, they were sensitive. I had no idea.

"I'm sorry," he said, "if I made it sound like I didn't want you with us. Come back." The violin began plucking a coaxing tune from inside the case. Ayan sang along with it: "Come back, come back, little one, come back. Nothing could be worse--than leading your friends to the utmost heart-bleeding of souls when you don't come back. Come back, come back. Come back, come back."

Anonymous

Saran turned and blushed at his kindness. She was getting really odd emotions from the two and made her act alittle stranger then normall. Ok, ok. She was already on the ground when she actually heard him speak and so instead of getting up she just rolled over to face him. He look kinda cute the way he sang with his violins and the bushyness of the tail. She began to blush realizing she was thing of the man. I didn't mean to sound mean, I just can't stand you guys upset. I speak as if I known you forever even thought I didn't, but I need you guys to stay happy. She wondered of what they were thinking and she knew her ability was that cool but it made her seem needy so she didn't really speak of it much. She thought about getting off the ground but if she goes with them it might be a long time till she would the much softness from the ground, so she desided to lay alittle longer.

Anonymous

When Ayan asked her whether he could accompany her, Chiyan gave a nod and a grin. No harm in shortening the time until she found that hut.
Then Saran walked away and she couldn't help but feel annoyance at the blue haired girl's behavior.  Ayan started singing, which seemed to be the perfectly right way to treat Saran, because she turned around, quite a way away next to the water, and said "I didn't mean to sound mean, I just can't stand you guys upset. I speak as if I known you forever even thought I didn't, but I need you guys to stay happy."
....she needed them to stay happy? Chiyan glanced over at Ayan, who looked just as puzzled.
"What on earth do you mean by that?" It came out a little more demanding than she had intended it to.

Anonymous

When she asked that question, Saran decided to sit up. Her legs in front of her, her arms around her legs, her head on her knees, she thought of how to answer question. She really didn't want to seem needy and telling them would probably only make them think that, but not answering them would be rude and might even make them upset, and she couldn't have that. She wanted to be accepted, and hoped they would do so.

I'm part Haithian. She started it off, then paused to look at the two. I could feel you annoyance when I walked away Chiyan. And I could feel you blushing atleast twice Ayan. With that Saran stopped to stare at the ground, but knew she couldn't really stop until she told them the rest. Saran looked back up with them searchingly, she wanted to see their expressions on there face as she felt them. I feel your emotions, alot of the time I can fell your emotions as my own. Like whatever you suffered through, I suffered through the smae pain, sometimes so much I can see it happening. So when you happy I'm happy, when you sad or mad, so am I. Saran stopped there that was enough of that.

They didn't need to know what the other part was her, and she woiuldn't have to tell hem so long as they didn't ask. Maybe if they asked she could try telling them she rather not say, either way she'd figure it out when it would happen. Being Garou would explain her strength in the future and her stamina for when she had to expplain it later on. Saran felt such relief that she told them, but also felt alittle of what they were feeling.

Anonymous

When Saran sat there, in a very defensive pose, and explained to them that she was able to feel other people's emotions, she looked very vulnerable.
Now most of her earlier actions became a lot clearer to Chiyan. Because she couldn't really cope with feeling other people's feelings she had drawn herself back into hiding in this forest, where she would not be bothered by many people. This in turn meant that Saran lacked experience in coping with other people's emotions flooding in; it also meant that she most probably felt lonely and was therefore attracted to others.
Which was something like a vicious circle, in Chiyan's opinion. Too bad people were social creatures who needed interaction from time to time.
So that were the reasons that had led to her awkward attempts at 'making her happy' -oh yes, the leaves thing was something Chiyan would remember for some time- as well as the cryptic comments.
It surely wasn't nice to feel anger, fear and whatnot that didn't actually concern oneself.
Though... while fighting that probably was the best kick ever, Chiyan mused, thinking about the way the felt when she had a good opponent.

Saran seemed to have had a hard time telling them this, which did not evoke any particular emotion in Chiyan- at the moment it didn't really matter whether she could feel her feelings or not; it was just nice to know and explained a few things. Still... another question popped up in Chiyan's mind. 'Is she able to read minds also?' Figuring she did not need to voice the question out loud she didn't.

Not even once thinking about Saran being a 'part Haithian', the auburn haired girl simply gave a soft "...oh" and looked over to Ayan for help.

Anonymous

Ayan shrugged at Saran, having never even heard of such a race before. "Well, all right, then. Happy we shall be." Ayan beamed and jumped down from the tree and landed beside his two violin cases.

Then he heard bells--big, brass bells--in the distance. He knew the bells, but couldn't believe that they were sounding so far away from his hometown. Then he heard a wind instrument that encased him in a rapture only few magical musicians experience. His ears went down slowly, his tail drooped, and his eyes closed. He would've ventured towards the sound, but it didn't seem like it was calling to him.

"Saran, Chiyan..." His voice was very soft. "I'm sure you don't hear what I'm hearing, so I'll just let you know. It's a song. A song I can't describe quite well...."

His black violin began plucking its strings along with the soft tune, adding a different sort of energy to the song...

((Sorry this is so crappy. I had to make an intro to the magic band somehow, and this is the only way I know how. If you wanna know what songs I'm thinking of, then get Vanessa Mae's CD called "Storm." The first two songs are what I'm talking about.))

Anonymous

"Well, all right, then. Happy we shall be." was Ayan's response to Saran's confession.
Well said, thought Chiyan and suppressed a grin that came up unexpectedly.
Then suddenly the man looked around as though he had noticed something and said: "Saran, Chiyan...I'm sure you don't hear what I'm hearing, so I'll just let you know. It's a song. A song I can't describe quite well...."
The black violin started to make music and Chiyan raised a questioning eyebrow. "More musicians?"
What was it with this forest? People kept on popping out everywhere.
She couldn't hear a thing besides insects, birds and the rustling of leaves- and the tune of Ayan's black violin now, of course. So did someone really play a melody somewhere that she couldn't hear or was Ayan simply being weird?

Anonymous

Saran smiled as the only emotion she could really feel was abit of happiness and curious. So long as they wern't upset it didn't matter to her. Saran lent down and kissed the floor, her home, one last time for she knew it might be long till she'd be back to her home.

Saran lifted to herself to her feet and almost wanted to hug the two, but knew that was unlike her and was the last thing she was saving them. Saran looked up from Chiyan to Ayan as he spoke of a noise. Saran didn't really notice it till he said it, but even so it was still to light for these ears she'd have to use her other form to really hear it. The Violin started playing alittle and Saran could only guess it was playing to what Ayan was talking about.

*I've never heard of it. I don't leave the forest much.* Saran smiled as she walked toward the two. She was even happy Ayan had gotten off her branch she used to sleep in.

Anonymous

Ayan noticed that the ladies were, in a sense, waiting on him to move. He grappled with himself and yanked himself out of his rapture-like state, flickering his ears as if something had flown into them and shaking his head and tail out. "Many...many apologies. I'll explain along the way." He stood and nodded at Saran. "Where are you headed, exactly? This way or that?" He pointed to the east, then to the west as he spoke.

The song began to get louder and tried to pull Ayan back in. He shook himself quickly before he could hear anything else--sometimes the songs were alluring only because the ones playing the song were wanting a challenge. Hey--just because they were musicians doesn't mean that they all get along and think that they're all great performers. That's how Ayan's band had clawed their way to the top--through challenges.

He picked up his violins, waiting on Saran to lead the way or, at least, to tell him which way they were going. All the while he flickered his fox ears to keep as much of the music out of his mind.

Anonymous

I can't hear the music as good as you can sir. You shall lead the way and I will follow you. The forest is my shleter and I shall sleep were I'm lead. Saran Stepped back and bowed slightly to the man to show her obediance to him as guys seemed to like being in control. It was more of her standing leaning her head down in his direction wow raising her right hand fron under her to the direction he was standing. Saran then tilted her head up toward Chiyan before relieving herself from her bow to show Chiyan she would most likly listen to her aswell. Saran's dark blue hair waved in the slight wind and so she smiled tracing her fingures along the tree she normally slept in as she would really miss it.

Saran turned her face toward Chiyan and Ayan removing her hair from her face as she began to braid it behind her so it wouldn't get cought in anything. She could feel the trying to be happiness and Saran was grateful for it. She winked at Chiyan careful not to wink at Ayan as he was a guy and she already showed obediance toward him that might mean more to him. She winked at her to show her likness for the Ladie's company.