Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

My last gift.... (Private)

Started by Anonymous, January 30, 2007, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She felt safe in his arms, usually she would have complained at being carried but right at that moment she was more than happy to rest her head against his shoulder, her face against his neck. Where their skin touched she felt the familiar flickering of fire that brought a slight smile to her lips, though it still worried her. What if he didn’t feel it? What then? Raith had jolted backwards when they’d first touched and felt the burn, Striker had shivered every time that warmth leapt across their bodies, Nifftin had revelled in the fire and Lucivar… Lucivar had thrived upon it. Part of her felt as though she were betraying him and her hand went to the ring held upon a chain around her neck, her husband was gone now, she could not hold onto him forever. She’d always hold a place in her heart for him but Pol… she’d loved Pol from the day they had met, she’d just never admitted that.

As he put her down gently she could not help but look deep into his golden eyes, finding herself lost within his gaze. She wanted so badly to tell him how she felt, how she had always felt but she knew she couldn’t, he’d just lost his wife and child and she did not know whether he even felt the same for her. She dismissed the thought, she was just happy that he was there and that he cared enough for her to worry and fuss.

She looked up at him in confusion as he stopped himself saying something, she could feel he was troubled, as though deep inside he was having some conflict with himself. She let it go and allowed him to look at her shoulder, wincing and turning her head away as he pulled her top from her shoulder to see the wound. Even the slightest touch made it throb and she was trying to ignore it as best she could. She managed to look back at it, her eyes resting on Pol rather than the wound. He truly did care, he was so worried that she’d leave him, but she’d never leave, she’d brought him here and she’d promise to stay. No matter what it took she would not die on him this time even if it meant fleeing from battle.

You mean that don’t you? You’ll give up all of your principles and your ways to stay with him… You really do love him don’t you?

She felt Valandil’s heart sigh with the weight of what he had just realised, she felt his blessing, reluctant though it may have been and she knew that he would give them some space so that she might have some time alone with Pol. At his words she could not help but chuckle, she had no inhibitions; she was not self-conscious like most women might have been. Kythe had grown up a warrior, among soldiers most of who had been men; she’d long since forgotten to get embarrassed around men while undressing. Using her good arm she pulled her shirt over her head and gently off her injured arm so that she wore only her undergarments.

“I’ve been a warrior too long to be bothered who sees my flesh Pol. Come now, don’t get embarrassed, what needs to be done must be done.�

She said with a smile, finding it amusing to see him blush. She looked at him with concern as he began to babble at her. Had he been THAT worried? For a moment she didn’t register what he had said, what had he said exactly? He loved her… Her heart leapt at his words and it took all of her effort to contain herself and stop from launching herself at him. She said nothing, instead she reached out to him and placed her hand upon his cheek, leaning over and brushing her lips gently against hers. She held the kiss for a moment, her heart leaping as her lips burned against his. As she pulled back she smiled at him softly, tears in her eyes at the joy of what he’d said.

“I love you too Pol.�

Anonymous

Pol's body winced in sympathetic pain as he gently prodded the ill healed wound Kythe had neglected to tell him of.  It likely would have healed fine on its own, but the wound was deeper then either of them had thought, if it had had a few more weeks to heal, this wouldn't have been a problem.  Now it would take her even longer to regain the full use of her arm.  He noticed that she winced in pain as he moved her top away to get a better look.  The drugs he gave her earlier must have been wearing off, perhaps he'd not given her as strong a dose as he'd believed.  Pol silently turned away and grabbed the bottle of drugged water.  Kythe, please take some more, it will help keep the pain down.  And don't lie to me and tell me your not in pain, I can see it on your face as plainly as day light.  Please take a few more sip.  Pol handed her the bottle and took a step back to give her a bit of room while she removed her top.

He only half heard what she was saying, something about not caring who saw her nearly naked, as he was all too aware of the red on his cheeks.  It wasn't as if he'd never seen a woman's form before, his memories were full of his wife, clothed, naked and everything in between, and he'd had much more personal encounters since he'd arrived here.  But seeing Kythe in little more then her undergarments was different some how.  She was more beautiful then anyone he'd ever met, there was no doubting that.

It was as Kythe told him do do what needs to be done, that he'd realized he'd been staring a bit.  As more blood rushed to his face as he tore a few more strips from his cloak and began to bind Kythe's shoulder.  I have to do this tightly, Kythe, it will almost certainly hurt, take a good sip of that water, it'll help.  Ok...one...two...three.  On three Pol bound her wounded shoulder as tightly as he could, hoping his friend's pain would be minimal.

As he spoke the words he'd been dreading and desiring to say for the past few months, he saw her emeralds of eyes stare into his own. There was something there, something that she'd been hiding before.  Suddenly he felt fire across his cheek, a fire that warmed him wholly but did not burn.  His mind completely on this fire, he found himself completely taken by surprise as a pair of lips met his own.  His mind swirled and it took him a moment to realize they belonged to the only other person there with him.

Pols hands went to Kythe, placing one on her good shoulder, the other at her bare waist.  He heart tried to leap out of his chest as he held the kiss with her, and even after she pulled away.  His hand rose up to wipe away the tears the fell from her eyes, before kissing them.  She loved him too... No more tears Kythe... was all he could think to say for a moment.  Slowly he caressed her soft skin, loving the fire that burned through his hands, knowing it had something to do with the both of them.  

Since we got here...I think since we found each other again my heart was yours for the taking.  Every day was a joyful torture.  Seeing you, but not believing we'd ever be together...I can't...I can't believe you love me, Kythe.  It is just so wonderful.  Pol smiled and blushed again as he noticed that Kythe was still less then fully clothed.  He pulls his dagger out and cuts a long slit up one side of Kythe's top.  You might want to put this back on, Kythe....my love.  He smiled as he said that, taking a moment to kiss her again as he handed her the altered top.

Anonymous

Her body shuddered every time his hand went near the wound, the throbbing pain causing an irritating ache in her shoulder. Sighing heavily she knew that the arm would be useless for a long time now until it healed properly and even then it might be a lot weaker than it had ben prior to the injury. As he offered her the bottle she snorted and just held it in her lap. No, no more drugs. She'd cope with the pain as she always had and anyway she didn't like the effect it had on her, she rather liked having a clear mind and the ability to have normal thought rather than delirious ones.

Sat with no top on she could feel his eyes upon her and she could not help but grin. Allowing him some dignity she kept her eyes from his face so that she could spare him the embarassment of her seeing him blush (as she knew only too well that he was). Shaking her head again she locked her jaw, closed her eyes and breathed deeply, throwing herself deep into a trance to hide from the pain. Wincing again she hissed through her teeth but remained strong in her refusal to drink his drugged water.

The pain subsided the moment he spoke from the heart. The fire flickering between them warmed her soul and numbed her arm better than the water had. She felt his hands upon her shoulder and her bare waist, loving the feeling of his palm against her skin. As he wiped the tears from her eyes she kissed his palm tenderly. She shuddered at his touch, the fire that was so familiar shivering through her veins for the first time in a long time.

She let him put the altered top onto her body and looked deep into his eyes, losing herself in them and sighing softly. She'd always loved him, always, but she'd been with Nifftin when she'd first realised it. All those years of being close to him and never being able to touch him...

"Oh Pol I've wanted to tell you for so long..."

Anonymous

Of the many things Pol was, a fool was not usually one of them.  But as he gently placed the altered top of his new love over her head and injured shoulder, he was not so sure any more.  He knew very well that Kythe saw him blushing, or at least knew he was, by the smirk on her face, and that meant she likely knew why, which of course only caused him to blush harder.  He felt like a foolish pup, seeing his first female in heat.  Well Kythe wasn't in heat...strangely two legged creatures did not have heat like canines.  Pol had never understood that, how they could have offspring all year round.  But now wasn't the time to contemplate the difference between humans and wolves, that would take far too long, and besides, there were better things to do at the moment.

As Pol bound the shoulder of his beautiful love, he couldn't help but wince in sympathetic pain as she hissed.  He wished so desperately that she had taken the painkilling water he'd offered, but she'd refused and if there was one thing that the former ranger had relearned about Kythe, it was that if she ever refused to do something there was no changing her mind.  Thankfully as he placed his hands upon her, and the fire raced through him, her pain seemed to die down, it was almost as if he could feel the fire burning the pain way.

He smiled as she took his hand from her cheek and kissed his palm tenderly.  Gods!  Why had he waited so long?!  This is what he'd wanted since he first arrived here, why had he waited until now?  Once her top was back on, and he stopped feeling like a complete jerk for his slightly obvious staring, their eyes met.  Their eyes had met so many times before, but now...now it was different.  There was nothing held back, a wonderful fire of love burned brightly and uninhibited, and the half wolf couldn't help but stare into them.

I know Kythe, I've wanted to tell you the moment I woke up in the forest here.  I've...I've never felt like this.  I mean, not since I woke up.  Pol had been about to say that his memories told him that he might have felt similar back in DaeLuin, but he knew that wouldn't be right.  Rhosyn was nothing more then someone else's memory, he didn't know her, he didn't love her.  He loved Kythe.

Slowly he placed his lips on Kythe's and kissed her soundly, loving the feel of the fire that blazed through his lips at the contact.  Kythe, I love you, with all of my heart.  I'm yours, now and forever, and I have been since the moment I found you again.  Pol half sat, half fell, to the ground next to his beloved, and wrapped an arm around her, gingerly placing it upon her injured shoulder, and hugging her tightly to him.  There was no way to tell her how much she meant to him, how much his heart ached for her even now that they were here together.  So he didn't speak, he just sat, his arms around her and kissed her forehead gently.

How is your shoulder, my dear?  Are you sure you don't want to take some of the water?  I don't like the idea of you in pain, I never have.  Pol smiled for a moment, then chuckled happily.  You know, I have to say, I've never been so nervous as I am right now.  I don't know what it is, well that's not really true.  It is you.  Whenever I am with you, and especially now that I know you love me, that last was said around a grin that split his face in two. Kythe, whenever when I'm around you I want to be better, I want to be the best.  I want to be everything for you.  I love you Kythe.  But I have one question.  Whenever, whenever we touch, fire runs through my body.  Is it just my imagination or do you feel it too?

Anonymous

Valandil felt suddenly rather odd, as though he were sat by a fire. He chuckled to himself as he realised what was going on, so the pair had finally owned up to their feelings had they? He just prayed that it worked out this time, he couldn't bare the thought of Kythe losing it again, he doubted they couldn't manage with that, not again. Clutching the buck more tightly in his claws he began to wing his way back to them.

Kythe smiled softly, still not quite believing that she finally had him in her arms and that this was real. Even the pain in her arm couldn't spoil this moment for her, just knowing that he was worried and cared for her had been enough but to know that he loved her also... she couldn't believe it. She smiled at him as he spoke and placed her palm against his cheek gently, why had she never spoken up before? Why had she let her chance slip by her in DaeLuin? she had felt Nifftin slipping away from her and still she had clung to him, by the Gods why had she been stupid enough to let Pol get away from her? All those years of loving him and never being able to say a word or touch him had been agony, but that didn't matter now, she had him in her arms now.

"I know what you mean Pol. It's alright."

She smiled softly. She would always hold something for Lucivar in her heart but she had waited for so long to be with Pol that this just felt so right. She sighed softly and rested her head against his shoulder, wrapping her arms around his waist gently. Looking up at him she spotted a black dot on the horizon, a dot that was steadily growing larger. In her mind she greeted her beloved dragon and chuckled as he berated her for her actions.

"It's alright love, it's too numb now to feel any pain. I'm alright Pol I promise, I can't feel it anymore. Oh Pol you're so silly! You've been in love before I don't see how this is different."

But he was right. She felt nervous around him, as though this was the first time she had ever been in love before. What on earth was wrong with her? She'd been in love several times, why did she suddenly feel like she'd never been with a man before? She sat up and gasped at his words, he felt it too? Oh thank the Gods! Throwing her arms around his neck she laughed and kissed him passionately.

"You have no idea how good it is to hear you ask me that. It's a trait we Minadrias were blessed with, the Fire of True Love Pol, our hearts beat as one and we feel the flames when we touch."

Kissing him again she grinned. The fire had never been so intense before and it felt good to be scorched by it now. Looking up she saw Valandil landing, rolling his eyes as he did so. Placing the young buck on the floor he ignored Kythe's exasperated look, he would never learn to take out the older ones. Setting up a fire the dragon wrapped himself around the two lovers and sighed softly, closing his eyes to allow them some privacy.

"Idiotic dragon."

She said lovingly before lying against Pol.

"God I love you Pol, there aren't even enough words to tell you how much."