Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Avane-Sïve & Balunga (WIP)

Started by Anonymous, February 19, 2007, 04:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Mostly, it started out me trying to draw Balunga, a bjërna (a kind of bear that I invented), because I can't draw bears. *Wobble.* But then I added Avane so I could make clear that Balunga's a powerful mount.

Anyway, Avane came out kind of weird (her lower half looks too small) and Balunga looks like a hairy and disfigurated troll, so I kind of need you guys help, if possible. :P So, critiques away:

Anonymous

Aw! It looks fine, I don't know what you're talking about.

I likes it. ^_^

Rhindeer

o.o That actually looks REALLY good to me...

And the bear looks like a BEAR. Not a troll. I really like it! I especially love Avane's face! She's so awesome and great expression!

Hm...the torso looks the right length due to foreshortening. Maybe make her leg a bit longer? That's the only real critique I have, because aside from that I honestly can't see any flaws. *__*

...I'm also really fond of the bear's front legs. XD You got the unique shape of a bear's legs down!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Aside from what Rhi mentioned, the thing that jumps out at me is Avane's arm--it looks far too thin.  Other than that, yeah.  Looks good so far. :D

Goldie

That's definitely not bad at all!  Your critiques of yourself are unfounded I think!

As for her lower body looking odd...I actually think you captured the proportions quite nicely...I don't feel that it's too short or anything!  The only thing that I noticed was already mentioned about her arm being on the slim side...but other than that it looks great!

Anonymous

Wow!   Ireally like this!  It definatly looks like a bear!  I like the watercolor effect look! :lol:  :roll:  :o  :D  :)