Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Gift of Freedom.

Started by Anonymous, March 31, 2007, 04:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sun peered through the cracked window, projecting miniscule rainbows throughout the room. As the sun pass through its fast pace stage of dawning, it passed by the empty bed, neatly made, with not evidence of anyone sleeping on it. In the far dark corner of the Room Lay a desk with a young adult male passed out on the desk, a small stream of saliva coming out the right side of his mouth. one rainbow hit the Man right in the closed eye, resulting in an quick opening the and idmetially shut of the pain of pure light in ones eye.

Saeroes woke up with a start, swinging his body up and smearing the saliva from his cheek with his right sleeve. Crap,crap, crap, I was spose to get this paperwork done last night. How long was I knock out? Saeroes rushed over to the window, and the sun was over the hill and reaching its favor spot during the afternoons. "Damnit! I was spose to be there by now!" Saeroes ran back to the desk and quickly pick the papers up and put him into his sack. He then rushed out through his cabin house in the outer area of the woods and start sprinting towards town. I can't be late, I can't be late, I just need a little more coin till I can leave this dump of a place. Saeroes hopped over a 4 foot wall and took a shortcut through a farmers crop area. He Hopped over another 4 foot wall into the town village.  rushing past people and knocking them down, he reach the economy area, and halted at the doors of a two story building, with the Big sign "Bounty Patrol". Saeroes burst through the door.

Anonymous

Bah. Info. Why did he have to collect <I>that</I> today? And here. Despite the fact it reminded him of home, being from the country and all, he still got funny stares from people. Hek, being a twenty five year old man a little too tall and a little too skinny, didn’t look like a soldier. 6’3� and being a soldier, brought images of a huge burly man with hairy arms and wide shoulders, Hek-Akiz was no such thing, broad shoulders and a narrow waist, he didn’t look at all like a soldier. His hair was a little funny too, naturally black, with naturally brown eyes, the left side of his face, well, from his cheek bone to the bridge of his nose, is an off peach lavender colour. Along with his eye, a pupil less lavender, changing his hair to a fan of lavender as well. Heks teammates call him ‘cockatoo’ because his hair is just too much like the bird not to call him that. Luckily the rest of him doesn’t resemble a bird, and he certainly doesn’t sing like one.

Loosening the collar of his uniform top Hek looked down at the stack of paper, and more was supposed to come, and only the gods knew what else. It was a little more than obvious and Hek, though he could wielded a particularly nasty looking spiky staff, wasn’t much a fighter, and despite the fact that he was fairly strong for his lanky height, he didn’t like bashing faces in. So, he was sent to do paper work. Joy. This was worse than yard work, because his hand hurt instead of his back. At least it was a pleasant surprise when he heard a thump coming from outside the door, maybe a guest? Or someone with more fun work? Purposefully rubbing his left eye to hide the fact it was pure lavender, Hek opened the door and looked at the person. His hand attempting to rub a non-existent dirt bit out of his eye. Once the door was open and he peeked his head out of the door, his Connlaoth uniform making him stand out amoung the bland colours. “Oh, hello, I’m Hek-Akiz, may I help you? Or are you looking for someone, I’m the only person here right now, so, if you’re looking for the other guys you’ll have to come back later or wait with me.� A polite smile and he opened the door and stood back, giving enough room for the man to walk past. Looking this man over, Hek resisted the urge to lift his eyebrows and stare at him. He looked a bit… Off from the normal residence of Connlaoth.

Oh gods, he hoped he wouldn’t have to fight or anything. He’d die or… Something equally bad would happen!

Anonymous

Saeroes walked in and stared up to look at his face.  Man, quite a talk guy. “I’m here to give the transfer the new Bounty papers for fresh criminals.â€? He reaches into his sack and pulled out a crumply piece of paper. “See, I’m here to draw out what they are described like and then get them to major bounty offices.â€? Saeroes walked over to the front desk with a rattling noise and put the satchel on it. And searched through ravaging the papers he finished from the ones he still haven’t completed. As he scrambled through, the sleeves constantly slid up, revealing chains of size wrapped around his hand in a gauntlet glove fashion, with good some of chain streaming from it. “Where is it…?â€? He mumble to himself, and scratched his head. Revealing his entire right forearm covered in chains as well.

“Oh! Now I remember!� Saeroes continued search, and a chain from his left hand leaked outward from his sleeve like a snake and traveled over to the back of the front desk, and pulled out a sheet a folder. The Chain came back and Saeroes plucked it without looking. He shuffled the Papers he ordered into the folder, and then twisted a metal around to not flip open. He turned around and faces Hek-Akiz. “Sorry for ignoring you just gotta get this done before the carrier guy arrives. So what was your name again? Hek-Akiz? Mind if I call you Hek?� He walked back with the same clatter, now recognizable of the sound of chains. He sat down on a really broken down chair.

Anonymous

Poor Hek could only watch and blink as the man waltzed in and put his bag on his desk. Visibly wincing when he smooshed paper and moved a stack he had pain stakingly make straight and edge to edge. Hissing lightly out of his teeth, he closed the door and walked to the man, his steps quiet. An unconscious movement since while he was at the capitol he did get a little training, and what he learned stuck, like how to block and how to swing that big stick around. Hek didn’t take it with him though; it was still in his room. Oh well. This guy seemed a little bit absent minded to pose much of a threat, which was good for Hek, he wasn’t very into being threatened by other guys. The black haired human listened to the man talk to himself and a slight smirk played on his face, obviously Hek was entertained by this and went behind the desk to watch him. Hmm, bounty hunting, eh? Sounded scary. Always the country bumpkin.

His eyes, though one was unseeing, took notice of the mans arm, and rose an eyebrow. What where those? Trying to be sneaky about it, Hek leaned a little closer trying to take a peek at what they were, chains? On his arms? What were the point of those? They’d just be loud and clack and clatter and wouldn’t be very comfy to sleep with. Blinking for a few moments, until the man spoke again and the chain moved. By its self. Hek, having never really seen anything like that before, simply took a step back and bashed into the wall behind him, the back of his head successfully hitting a shelf. Wincing and rubbing his head, he took a few side steps away from the other man, even though he was all over Heks desk and just watched, hoping he was far enough away from him to stay out of reach incase the man wanted to choke him.

Taking a quiet breath, Hek nearly jumped when the man talked to him. Oh no! He was going to die! He was going to die a horrible, horrible death! The chain man was ignoring him and now… His time was up! He was going to… “Yes, Hek is fine. Um, I don’t think I got your name… “ Hek swallowed, standing feet shoulder width apart and his arms loose at his side, just in case! “Oh, you probably don’t want to sit on that chair, it’s really old and it’ll probably break soon.� Why would he choose the ugly one to sit on? There was a pretty bench beside it with a nice cushion. This whole place was one of extremes, fairly small but, big enough to hold people, which was good. The desks were pretty cluttered, so you couldn’t tell if they were old or new. Back to the topic on hand.

Holy crap those chains were creepy. “So… Uh… your chains… Move by themselves?� Oh yes, great conversational starter to talk about while they wait for the whom ever it is that handles those things. ‘Cause he knew it wasn’t him.

Anonymous

Hm. Well, he'd come this far, and he was getting hungry. Zell needed work, and nobody was buying his runes. Ha! Country people didn't believe he had worked for royalty. Not his fault the Duke of Orrith was assassinated by the Amber Hand. Well, not directly. Hmph.

But nonetheless, he needed food, and here he was. "Bounty Patrol", eh? Well, he could set traps, certainly, and do unpleasant things to the unprepared. And there was that time under Isilra when Zell had caught, what was his name... something The Snake, a thief. The elite guard had determined his next target, and were lying in wait. Then suddenly, behind all the guards, a puff of smoke from one of Zell's runes, and blammo, no more camoflague for Mr. Snake! Good times. But back to the present, Zell, pay attention. Bounty Patrol. Right, right.... Well, nothing for it but to dive right in.

Zell quietly pressed his hand against the door, and then swung it open suddenly, walking in and talking. Keep them off-balance, shows you have confidence.
"Good morning, gentlemen," he said to the two in the room, "My name is Ricconilith Zell, just Zell if you please, and I am interested in joining your Bounty Patrol. I have forty years of experience in bounty hunting," he lied, "And particularly in setting traps. I personally caught The Snake for Count Isilra...."

Zell continued talking, embellishing the story to show himself in the best light possible, and examined the room. Two men, one of them half-purple, the other covered in chains with an rock in his forehead. Good, he was worried the magic might be a problem, given its illegality, but these two were hardly in any position to blow the whistle on him for that. Good.

"...And blammo, no more camoflogue for Mr. Snake! Haha." He paused to catch his breath, and allow his audience to collect their thoughts. "And so, I, R. Zell, Royal Runemaster, wish to join your Bounty Patrol," he finished.

Smoke Rune: Ozymandian curled circle in Kithfruit juice crossed by three bars of Gillian ink. Set with powdered Yoom root, triggered by contact. Dissolves into cloying, acrid,  pink smoke in a small area, most effective for countering camoflogue or invisibility spells, or for disabling a humanoid with a coughing fit.
((OOC: At the end of my posts, I will usually describe in depth any runes I mentioned during the post, in indigo. It's entirely made up, generally on the spot... But yes, I do have a general idea of what it means. I could probably draw it.))

Anonymous

Saeroes eyes peered to the left to see a man walk in and started to Monologue about himself. Probably another person to prove to himself he is a hero for the world. Saeroes Sighed, and looked back at Hek.  â€œYes, my chains move by themselves. Rather, they are moved by me. See this,â€? he points to a little pebble lodged into the forehead, “Gives me the ability to move it. Telepathy. It also gave me an added bonus.â€? He smirked. He recalled Hek looking pale when the chain moved about to find the folder he was looking for. “I know I know, it’s illegal to have magical energy on me. Well, it’s also illegal for me to do drugs. That doesn’t stop me.â€? He smile, then stood up. He walked over towards Hek. “Well, it’s very nice to meet you Hek.â€? Saeroes put his hand out to shake, and then realize he still had the chains around it. He unraveled them (telepathically of course) to show his bare hands, which were calices all over his palm.

"And so, I, R. Zell, Royal Runemaster, wish to join your Bounty Patrol," He heard the guy finish.  Saeroes turned to him. “Sorry, becoming a hunter is in the main city, where it would take 4-5 days to register. This place is to report people to Become Bounty’s. Just follow the Main road and you will reach Reajh in about 3 days. Have a nice day.  He turned his head back at Hek.

Anonymous

(( Sorry it took so long D8 ))

This was more than he expected for today. He was expecting it to be bored all day, but these people were going on about bounty hunting and rewards and he was so going completely insane. This was the loony bin, he was in the loony bin and these people were pretend and oh no! One was coming towards him, it was the Chain guy! Hek had noticed the other man come in, and was looking from him to the Chain guy keeping his eyes on the chain guy, who said nice to meet you. Again. Supressing a sigh, Hek held out his equally calloused hand, and looked at he guy in the eyes, he was polite seeming. Taking his attention off the other man who entered and wouldn’t stop talking, though, Hek <I>did</I> catch a lot of what he said he looked at the Chain Guy. “Your name, I want to know your name. Hi, I’m Hek, nice to meet you Zell,� He threw towards the oldish man behind this… Chain guy… acknowledging his presents so he wouldn’t get offended and blow anything up.

That’s when what the guy said before hit him. Magic? They were going to do magic? <I>Oh shit</I>. They couldn’t do magic! He was supposed to be this super anti-magic guy, right? Right! If only Beatrid was here, she’d kick their hides out of Connlaoth or at least sense if they were going to do magic, or doing magic. Blinking and looking towards the both of them, he suddenly felt out of place. He had barely been in the main city long enough to figure anything but the very basics out, but there… Bounty hunting? He knew what a bounty was, and what hunting was, but what the hell were these guys talking about? Maybe he should hold up his hands, tell them that magic was bad here and he would have to arrest them or call in the cavalry or something. “Uh…� he licked his lips, took a few more steps back, feeling like a horribly weak fellow, “As an officer of the Connlaoth army I can’t allow you to use magic or posses it in my presents.�

Like that would do it, oh well, next time, right? Wait a second, Runemaster? More bounty hunting? Patrolling now?! “Wait a second…� Hek paused to run a gloved hand to the bridge of his nose and look from man to man, a little confused and fairly annoyed at both of them and how they had turned a once nice boring day into something he wasn’t prepared for. “<I>What</I> are you two talking about? I don’t usual work here, I’m… New and I don’t take care of anything other than filing mostly.� Very, very new, only the second place he’s ever been to for that matter, fairly pathetic for a twenty-five year old man who sits behind a desk all day and files reports. So, Hek stood there, his arms up and his palms out, looking from male to male, waiting for an explanation on what they were talking about.

Anonymous

Zell put on his best 'I'm your friend' smile. "No, sir, I possess no magic, I'm just a Runemaster, just a talented scribe with a knack for traps. Not like I have some kind of enchanted diamond embedded in my skull or anything." He chuckled, glancing at the chain-man. "I'm just a humble Runemaster plying my trade, looking for some work."

This didn't seem to be working, the man was still confused. New tack. "Look, how about you just file me into those nice stacks you had, and I'll be on my way bringing in criminals in no time... Or we could wait for your superior to get back, and play some cards in the meantime."

Right, get enough money now to fill your belly, and get going to some country where the guards knew where their heads were... And weren't half-purple.

Sigil of Transparency: Commonly called the "Rune of Reading". Cuill box transcribed in a Kroman circle, crossed at each corner with a Pimian line, in any ink (including Wesherer paint; "invisible ink"). Typically written on sheets of paper, it allows a runemage (or any with a "Mark of Sight" drawn on their temple; essentially only runemages) to see what is written on the other side.

Anonymous

“I understand the difficulty of difference of a stone vs. a diamond,� Saeroes sarcastically remarked, “but I assure you, I have no intention on buying a diamond gem. I react negatively to them. And like I said before, this place is for reporting new bounties, not giving them out. The Bounty retrieval is in the main city Reajh and then gets a job kill or captures the bounties of your desire. Now…�

He turned towards Hek. “My name Saeroes Evidon and I really have to get this folder transferred over to ‘Hunt & Retrieval’ so we don’t lost business over here. So if everyone has no other reason besides filing a bounty report or is the file receiver itself, please leave.� Saeroes turned and jump over the front desk with ease, and sat on a comfy chair. He pulled a pen out of his pocketed and started sketching the looks of his next bounty picture.

“Oh, and Zell, Please don’t ever insult my gem or my chains. If you do again, I’ll have to clench you in a vice with my chains and squeeze your organs out, okay?� Saeroes cheerfully quipped at him.

Anonymous

(( I go to work at noon and come back at 4pm, so, yaar, don’t expect a reply for a while XD ))

He was <I>lavender</I> not purple! Lavender! The off pink, off purple light colour. At least he had one thing going for him, he didn’t spell like lavender. That would be pretty horrible. Look girly and smell girly. Yech. It was bad enough he was blind in that eye, he didn’t need to start smelling like flowers. Hek took a deep breath, and let it out slowly, looking from the now named Saeroes and just… smiled and blinked a bit. Gods he must look like such a simpleton around these people. That could work out in his favour kind of, right? Looking around again, Hek lifted his arm for a moment watching Saeroes, keeping quiet while the two other men barked at one another. Not wanting to get into the line of fire unless it was necessary.  Okay, one was a normal old dude who was a little to ‘artistic’ for his tastes, not that he could do anything about that, and the guy in his chair… Hey! What was he doing in his chair?!

The lavender fanned haired man nearly pounced on him, ready to bark at him to get out of his chair when he threatened the other guy. Squeeze him… Make his organs spill out of him. Oh god. Hek only stared, what was this place!? What sick twisted kingdom sent a new recruit to a place like this? With Chain-men and weird artistic old guys? Hek was so close to going insane with this that he just wanted to scream at them all to shut up and throw them all out of his office. Even though it was technically not his and they were actually allowed in here. “Wait a minute, Wait a minute!� He yelled, not really a yell, more like a raised voice a really loud raised voice.

Hek paused, not wanting to get his organs squished out of his body, and stepped just out of reach from the length he’d seen the mans chains go, which was fairly far, he thought. “Look, this is where I work, you, “ Hek, though afraid of him glare at Saeroes, “ Get out of my chair so I can finish the you messed up, and you,� He pointed a finger at the Zell fellow, “I have no idea what you’re talking about still!� Frustrated enough to pull out his hair, he pressed a hand over his eyes and rested a hand on his hip. He never felt like shooting someone so much in his life.

Today was going to end in pain, from being crushed by chains, or because of the blooming headache behind his eyes either way, he would go to sleep and be in pain.

Anonymous

Oh, magic, today was not looking up for Delos. He was walking along, on his way back from an important meeting with his superiors in the Bounty Patrol, and he could hear Hek screaming. Not a good start. The Cockatoo probably saw a spider or something....

Delos crested the hill and his little corner of the Patrol came into view. Didn't look to have exploded, but that didn't mean much. Hek never did handle strangers well. He took a deep breath and walked through the door. I really don't need this today, he thought.

"Okay, Hek, what seems to be the prob... Light blast it!" Two strange men in the room, one of them wearing a robe with arcane thingamajigs on it, the other one... Covered in chains?! "Blast it, Hek, who are these people?! I told you to file some papers while I was off getting blasted by my boss, and you let these two... two... MAGES in here?! That's it! You two!" he shouted, pointing at the strangers, "I am arresting you for violation of the Possession of Magic Act, subsection C, use of enchanted items, and you, Hek," Delos turned his attention to his subordinate, "Will be suspended and imprisoned under subsection D4, consorting with magic-users!"

Zell blinked. Well, he thought, That certainly changes the dynamic of things. This new person didn't seem like the sort of man worth tangling with physically, and he didn't have any disablers handy, not after those bandits three days before.... Perhaps imprisonment would be best. There were a few holding cells in the Patrol building, and it wouldn't be all too hard to get away from. Magic was illegal in this country, so they wouldn't have magically reinforced the walls.

Disabler: A colloquial term for a sheet of runed paper used as a weapon. A commonly used disabler is the
Paralyzer: A modified rune of lightning. Four Hijjik lines barring a Komel octagon, set by two sharp taps from an iron object, triggered by contact. The Paralyzer emits a strong jolt of electricity, enough to temporarily disable a person. Runemage battle wizards, and even some assassins, carry decks of playing cards with unset paralyzers written on them. When they come upon an opponent, they draw a card, tap it twice with a small piece of iron sewn onto one of the fingers of a glove, and then press it against that person's skin to stun them.

Anonymous

“Oh dear� Saeroes said as he looked at the more official warden. This was just going to be a quick day while I waited for the person to receive the folder, but I guess that’s ruined. Saeroes sighed. “And I only needed one more payment to get out of this hell hole of a place. No magic? What an obscure rule.� He mumbled to himself.

He turned to head to the back of the building. “No worries, I can lead myself to the cell.â€? He walked, and one of the chains picked up the set of keys to the 2 oversized jail cells in the back. He grabbed the Keys from his chain, opens one of the cell doors and walked in, and tosses the keys to the front again. Saeroes went and sat on to the wooden bench in the middle of the cell. He turned the papers he was writing on and started doodling some pictures.

Anonymous

<I>Oh damn.</I> He was screwed, no, he was beyond screwed. Jail? Wait. WHAT? Hek nearly spat out his tongue when his ‘boss’ said that. He wasn’t talking with them! He was trying to kick them out, he wasn’t talking to them! Hek shouldn’t be thrown into jail with… With… These guys! Hek ran a hand through his hair, the lavender fan springing back up like feathers while he looked from all three of them before rubbing his eyes with his gloved palms. This was ridiculous. There was no way this was actually happening, he was new, shouldn’t have just gotten a slap on the write and a ‘no! bad boy!’ but… Jail? He was too young and innocent to go to jail!

So, because mentally complaining about it wouldn’t do any good, he decieded to voice his … anger. “What?! It’s not like I was having lunch with them or saying anything like ‘Hey, make yourself comfortable while I sit here and wait for you to blow me up.’ I don’t see why I have to be punished!� His face was contorted with anger, his eyebrows drawn together to make an angry V shape, and his cheeks were flushed because he was just so dang pissed off. His fists were clenched and he glared at his boss-type person.

Hek was so fumed he barely noticed the Saeroes, the Chain-man put himself into a cell and begin to doodle. Doodling and putting himself in jail were the last two things on his mind, currently it was ‘ARGH.’ And after ARGH came something along the lines ‘I wish I was at home,’ or away from this place. He hated having a job. More particularly, he hated this job. So, Hek, being the undereducated unknowning new recruit to this place, just stood there, waiting to get arrested because he wasn’t as insane as Jewel Headed Chain-Man to throw himself into jail. No way.

Anonymous

Zell took a moment to gather his thoughts. He had met three men so far in Connlaoth: a strange chain-covered Haithian, a half-purple man with emotional issues, and a bigoted anti-magical human. Well, it seemed to be time to move on, then. The chain-man... Seracles? Saelo? Something like that. He was going along quietly, whatever his name, and didn't sound like he liked the kingdom either, but the purple man (Hedge?) was going into conniptions. Zell sighed inwardly; he supposed he ought to do something. He spoke for a moment to stall while he took inventory of what he had on hand. The "dottering old man" would be an apt personality to affect in the meantime.

"Oh dear, am I in Connlaoth already? Oh, these mountains always confuse me, I was just wandering along. Very sorry to have caused you trouble, m'boy," the m'boy always got them, "very sorry to have caused you trouble, yes, mm-hmm, mm-hmm...." Ah-ha! Zell thought, I have one of those left.

"I suppose I ought to turn myself in quietly, eh? Hehe... I'll take these keys and let myself into the cell, yes, mm-hmm, mm-hmm..." He walked as he spoke, and patted Herse on the shoulder as he walked past. "Best not to make a fuss now, m'boy, mm-hmm, mm-hmm..."
Stars and sky, he was laying it on thick. This new guard would have to be thicker than a board not to catch on.

Delos nodded as the two... Mages let themselves into the cells. Well, they were certainly coming quietly, he could say that for the scum. One of them was just a dottering old man, but he had broken one of the high laws of the land, and justice was being done. But Hek was still resisting. What kind of a name was "Hek-Akiz," anyway? Blasted foreigners.

"Now, Hek," he drawled, "No need for that. These two... Wizards were standing in our office here, an office I am proud to call a branch of the Connlaoth Bounty Patrol a good lot of the time, clearly breaking the laws that we hold so dear, and you not only did not imprison them, you did not even remove them from the building. You'll get off light for being part of the Patrol, and I like you, so I'll put in a good word. But you're new, and you did break the law. You'll be jailed for a coupla weeks, suspended for a few months, and then it'll be like nothing had ever happened. Thank you." This last he said to the robed geezer, who was handing him the keys through his cell bars. Delos unlocked the cell across from it and opened the door.

"I like you. But, if you don't come as quietly as these two, I'm afraid I'd have to getcha in this cell however I need to."

The slip of paper Zell had slipped into Hek's collar began to whisper softly in the Mordecai's ear. "Go into the cell," it said. "I'll get us out of here tonight and we can be long gone by morning. The boys upstairs will trim you out of the budget within a week if you stay, and you won't have a job to be unsuspended from. If you come with me and chainy, you'll have a whole new life. Just go into the cell now... No reason to get all beat up, your last day on the job."

Rune of Speaking: Wirrian star in mashed Banta root, tipped with Maga circles in Hulu juice. Set upon contact with another unset Rune of Speaking, which it is then "linked" to. Sounds made near one Rune of Speaking can be heard through a linked rune.

Anonymous

Grumbling the entire time, Heks eyebrow twitched. He wasn’t half purple, damnit! His face looked sparkly and lavender on the left side, not purple! Just really girly! And because today was turning into a really crappy day after all, it took his entire being not to deck his boss in the face. Sure, he liked him. Which is why he got to do the filing, oh joy, lucky him. He openly glared at the old geezer and suppressed a shudder when he got a good thump on the shoulder, turning his head slightly so he could watch him go into the cell. This was ridiculous. And… Lame! Hek was going a million miles a minute in his head about how stupid this was and all the nasty things he could do to these people ( not that he would ) and was then glaring at his boss.

Until a voice floated to his ear. It was speaking. To him. From his shirt. Hek froze, of course he was freaked out. His shirt was talking to him! What could his shirt do? Yeah, like it could really bust him out of jail, and how did it know they were going to be cheap bastards and steal his wages? This was far to freaking, and Hek was even about to jump, scream and rip off his shirt when he recognized the voice. It sounded like that old guy, the weird one who was talking funny and sounded like he was up to something. Considering the fact that he never wanted to work here, or be in the Connlaoth army, running away sounded like an okay idea… But with these two? Uh… no… Despite the fact that Hek had realized the voice was the older mans, he steeled his feet and let his arms rest at his sides.

There was no way he was going to go into a cell for things he didn’t do wrong. He didn’t care if he got fired or if they were stealing from him, he was not going to go into a cell to rot, even for a few minutes. Hek-Akiz just glared at Delos, his right eye so dark brown it was almost black like his hair, making the completely lavender eye take on an eerie look. Of course the fan of hair was just ridiculous looking no matter what he was doing. “I am <I>not</I> going to be imprisoned for something like this, that isn’t fair, and I’m not going to listen to what my shirt is saying to me either.� He cast a quick glare towards the old man, knowing it was him who had done whatever it was to make his shirt talk to him.

This was so… Horrible! A boring day turned into Heks first possible beating, which he wasn’t really looking forward to eating a knuckle sandwich so the ass could get his butt in jail. No matter! It never wounded a man to get some battle wounds when believing he is being treated unfairly. Though, he might regret it. Despite the fact that Hek was a rather skinny fellow, he was still pretty damn tall, and hopefully that would fall in his favour? Another unfortunet for Hek, he didn’t know how to fight. Oh well.

Anonymous

Light blast it, Delos thought, The cockatoo's gone loopy. He thinks his shirt is talking to him. Why did we ever put these non-humans on the Patrol, anyway?
"Look, Hek, it's just a suspension... Blast it, just get in the cell!"

Stars and sky, there was going to be a fight. That meant higher security tonight, which meant it'd be harder to break out... Not good at all.

It wasn't working. Well, he could call it self-defense, right?

Not good at all. Delos was looking the other way, so Zell hurriedly pulled a pair of playing cards and a brush from his bag. He dipped the brush in one of the pots on his belt and started writing. Wirrian star in mashed Banta root....

"Last chance, Hek," Delos said, cracking his knuckles, "You broke the law, and now you're resisting arrest."

A playing card whiffed along the floor into Saeroes' cell. "Hey!" it said, "Sisyphus! Seminar! Whatever your name is, listen up! That guard is gonna mess up the purple man, and probably stick around all night to make sure we don't try any funny stuff. And funny stuff, of course, is what I intend to try. Anything you can do?"

Anonymous

(OOC: Conf gave me privilege to use Delos)

Saeroes stared at the big man and Hek. The big muscle guard Crack his knuckles and was making fists. Oh boy, this is not gonna end well at all. Saeroes heard a wind rush noise and look at the floor, where a card with a rune diagram on it.

â€œHey!" The card said "Sisyphus! Seminar! Whatever your name is, listen up! That guard is gonna mess up the purple man, and probably stick around all night to make sure we don't try any funny stuff. And funny stuff, of course, is what I intend to try. Anything you can do?" Saeroes look at the card for a second. “First off, it’s Saeroes Evidon, and secondly, I’m really not into Killing. But I guess I could ruff him up.â€? Saeroes pick up the card and put it into his pocket. He grabbed the bars of the Jail cell and pulled them away from each other, as easy as if molding clay. He stepped out of the jail cell and walked towards the Guard who was about to fight Hek.

Delos looked at the guy covered in chains. How the hell did he get- Delos train of though stopped as he look at his jail cell, the bars completely spread apart for an easy escape. So he’s a tough guy, huh? Well his muscles don’t show from the strength shown there. "Stop Sir, You are in violation 2.1c, Leaving without authorization." He put up his fists and started walking towards Chain man.

Saeroes chuckled a little. “You know, the problem with these city rules is that Magic is not allow, meaning guards are not allowed possession of magic either.� A couple chains scurried out of his neck hole, grabbing two chairs. “So how are you going to defeat a person with the possession of Magic?� he swung a chair under Hek so he could have a nice place to sit, and bashed the other one over the guards back. The guard fell to the floor. Saeroes chains scurried back into the shirt. He walked to the downed guard. “Sometimes rules are so~ lame.� Saeroes picked up the guard, looking like he weighed 270 pounds of muscle, like a man picks up a tissue. “Don’t try to hurt my friends, I like them when they're not bruised� Saeroes calmly said, then threw him to the wall. The Guard Bashed through the stone wall out into the bright world.

The light shown through and Dust particles were flying in the direction the guard flew. The guard looked either unconscious, or dead. “I really do hope he’s unconscious…â€? Saeroes mutter to himself loudly. Saeroes walked past Hek, who looked stunned, like he always does, back to the cell room. He pulled apart the cell bars to the Runemage. “Is that good for ‘Anything’?â€? Saeroes said smiling.

Anonymous

B... Bloody m... Mage...ssss.....

Zell stepped through the gap in the bars, mumbling gratitude, and stooped next to the downed guard. He took a pulse, then stood up. "Alive," Zell announced. "We won't have murder on our criminal records... Just," he ticked them off on his fingers, "Possession of magic, use of magic, resisting arrest, escaping from jail, and assaulting an officer. But, no murder," Zell finished cheerily, moving towards the door. He patted the purple man on the shoulder again. "Oh, and I'll be taking back my rune now. Hulu juice is expensive...."

Zell picked up his staff from where it leaned against the door. "Well, I'll be off. I expect Sesquigenarian is coming with me, or at least leaving seperately, and you, Hemingway, should be off, as well." Zell glanced pointedly toward the body of the guard on the floor. "You're an accomplice, after all. Or, at the very least, you sat by and let two mages beat the snot out of a superior officer. Yes, I expect you'd better leave the country, not that there's much worthwhile in Connlaoth in the first place, just a bunch of silly rules... And you probably oughta come with one of us. City boy like you, wouldn't last ten minutes in the wilderness. Ah, but I'm rambling, it's the old age. Let's see, am I leaving anything behind in here... Nope!" Zell glanced once more around the room before turning on his heel and walking out the door.

Anonymous

Hek couldn't believe his eyes. What the hell was going on? These people were insane, or just stupid, either one worked really. Considering the fact that came to Connlaoth at all made him think they were a few cookies short of a picnic or some other little phrase like that. Like hell he'd run away with them, here he could simply say he was a victim, they'd believe it, they were stupid enough to believe it. Though he was scared of them, he got ready to defende himself, should he have to actually fight for his life. He watched, muted and motionless while the two men, well, the one with chains, knocked the man, his boss, on his ass and out cold. That was a little extensive. Didn't make him afraid of the guy, made Hek afraid of those damn snake chains though. chewing on his lip, he simply watched the pair, stiffiened and swallowed when the old man pat his shoulder which made his shirt stop talking and then proceede to call him Hemingway.

What really got him was the city boy comment. Wait, whar? He'd been in the city for all of a few months, living in the country, having to farm and occationally search around the forest in his younger years to hunt for meat. There was no way in any hell on any planet from any religion that he was a city boy. He still felt weird doing something other than staring at dirt and killing deer. A quick hidden glare towards the old man and Hek simply shook his head, he wouldn't run away from this, he'd get sent back to the castle, maybe even sent home. he could hope. "Uh.. thanks for the offer but.. uh..  I think I'll stay here, face the music, so they say..." Hek looked down for a moment, then back at the two men. "you can get out of Connlaoth quickly by water, head into Serendipity, they wouldn't be after you there."

Least he could do for the people who just got him into massive amounts of shit.

((And this is where I leave you *bows* You can carry on the thread without me :3  I take to long to post and I don't want you guys getting bored.))