Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Black Report #3: Windy City Blues

Started by Anonymous, June 08, 2007, 07:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ok, most of you probably don't remember me--I was really active here for awhile and was mostly trying to cause bigger and shiner plotlines and stuff with pirates and gigantic, viral gods destroying large cities.

It was rather fun, and I've always wanted to make a return to RPing, but...something kinda took precedence, and I left all my RP boards for quite a few months.

What has kept me so busy, you ask?

This:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Report-Wind ... 377&sr=8-1

I decided to write a book. And publish it. And here it is, finally done, and in print...and available to purchase.

I'm not sure if this is the particularly right part of the board to put this in, and I'm not sure if this counts as spam or something, but I have a lot of really fond memories of this site, and a lot of writing I did here became the basic backdrop for characters and tones used in this book, so I thought: "Those guys outta be the first ones to know."

And now you know.

The link is there if you want to buy it (which I highly reccomend you do, it's a pretty fun read, and it's short enough not to take two years to finish) and you can help me pay off the massive debt the five-hundred dollar cost of self-publishing has inflicted by spending.

You can also find it here--and read a small sample of it, to see if you dig it:

http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/book ... 95-44861-5

So, that's my little piece of spam. Thanks for reading this far, and much thanks for the memories and inspiration.

Anonymous

:D That's awesome! Wow...that's true dedication in the flesh. *points to novel* I can't get my first chapter done on mine. XD

Anyways, your last name is Nassar. Do you happen to know Nader Nassar by any chance? o-o It'd be a very small world if you did...

Anonymous

Ha ha, no, I don't. Illian Nassar is a pen name of mine. XD

Who is Nader Nassar?

Anonymous

Haha! Ooooooooooh. Gotcha. >w<

Nader Nassar is a kid I graduated with. ^-^ That's too funny!

Anonymous

That is very shiny, and had I money, I would check it out. Urban fantasy for the win!

Anonymous

Well, I suppose any of you who DO have money could buy it. Just one or two copies sold would be nice. XD

It cost 500 bucks to self-publish this thing, so I'm like...broke. :(