Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dance with the Devil...(open sparring match)

Started by Anonymous, November 23, 2007, 04:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ooc: This is just a friendly sparring match topic made for anyone that is interested in passing some time. It is open to as many people wish to join, but if enough people enter, then it will probably turn into a team duel.

Ic:

Beneath the stars, the moonlight shone down on this desolate landscape, revealing naught but a corrupt environment, void of all life of any manner. Such desolation; such beauty. A shadowed figure slowly made his way through the wasteland. A foreigner to this place, the figure stopped as he casually gazed at his surroundings. Around, their lay the unmarked graves of unknown soldiers, thousands upon thousands of bodies piled together in the ground beneath his feet.He could feel them, their souls; their thirst for war lingering in the air above along with the fetid smell of exposed corpses. It was uncertain how many battles took place here but the weapons of the fallen still lay as a reminder to the events that took place here; the smell of blood barely lingering in the air. Such a dreary place.

It was perfect.

The figure stood idle for a moment, before turning his head skyward to look at the glorious night sky, which revealed the face of this stranger. Griever looked skyward for a moment, but it was disturbingly clear that this soul was not the man he once was, but had succumb to something else. Some foreboding entity now lingered within him, holding sway over his actions. The devils of yore. Their influence had become too great, overwhelming him in a moment of weakness, now driving him towards the precipice of madness. Griever closed his eyes as he stood,silently,patiently, as if waiting for something....or someone.

Anonymous

Off in the distance, a great inferno suddenly ignited. The shadows of men screaming and dying sounded off. In this inferno, the blood of countless men was shed, and their remains were tossed into the inferno to become ashes. As the lone mercenary did this, the inferno seemed to grow more and more intense, until the inferno died as quickly as it came. There, in the middle of the area covered in blood and ashes, stood a lone man with a giant scythe in one hand and a greatsword in the other. He sheathed both weapons onto his back cross-style and gazed into space with bottomless black eyes.

The man named Jonah Azrael had never been this content in a long time. He felt good, since he just annihilated a caravan of slave traffickers. To the slaves, he had done no harm, but the traders met their deaths swiftly and mercilessly. Gone was the garbage who treated people like animals. Yet there were still more waiting out in this world.

He would mow them all down.

Satisfied with the work he accomplished, he left the smoldering remains behind and walked through the wasteland as if nothing had happened, not caring for the other lone person that he happened to glance at.

Anonymous

As the man passed, Griever could sense his power, his strength- such marvelous strength. His eyes flared red with the fires of the abyss as the man neared him. Griever's eyes darted open, revealing the softly glowing red orbs, and gently looked upon the man.

"Azrael..." Griever said; his voice seeming as though they were a whisper in the ears of this man, but as he spoke, his voice was not that of a lone man. His words echoed through the empty void as though he were not one, but a Legion. Though soft, his voice seemed to boom through the desolate graveyard.

"...Jonah Azrael...." Griever repeated, "...Such a dark soul you posses, yet you seek the after such noble ideals....Such is foolishness...." Griever stated.

Anonymous

Jonah stopped, then turned to the man, his cold, hard expression never leaving in his face. He could sense that this man was a creature of darkness, that he might be a spawn of Hell.

"Why should I care of your opinion?" he replied coldly. "I just do it because I want to and because I can. I don't care what people think of me."

Anonymous

"Such possibility.....Wasted" Griever said  as he shook his head in disdain. He turned  and took a few steps away, leaving his back towards Jonah. "You waste your existence on a people whom abhor you, what you are....what you can do. don't you understand that you could crush them all on a whim, and yet you serve under these wretched mortals, as long as you receive your pay.....You disgrace your demon blood..." Griever said. As he spoke, the undying souls of the dead slowly rose from their cadavers, serving only as a backdrop to this unfolding horror.

"Dear brother..." Griever started, "...I will bathe this land in your blood..."

Anonymous

As twisted as the man's words were, Jonah found some truth in them. "You may be right," he said. "...Then again, you may be wrong. My blood was disgraced the moment my first half-breed ancestor was born...I may be called a fool or a hypocrite...but I seek to live my life as I please." Soon, a high-pitched whistling sound pierced the air, then, after a tremor that shook the earth with great force, hellfire sprang upward in many layers that surrounded the two of them, filling the area with intense, extreme heat. "If you have a problem with that," he said over the roaring flames, "...then I shall mow you down as well."

Anonymous

"Then come, dear brother..." Griever said as he picked up a rusted blade that lay at his feet. "Come..." As Griever spoke,the blade within his hand instantly transformed from it's rusted form into a beautiful black blade, free of blemishes and imperfections. "...Let me guide you to your resting place....."

Griever turned to face Jonah, although he did not enter any combative stance or posture. He stood, erect, sword at the ready for Jonah's next move. He faintly noticed the whirling heat that raged about them, but it amused him to watch Jonah display his power in such a fashion. The souls of the dead surrounding them, the fires of the inferno engulfing them,; the stage was set for this morbid scene to ensue. "...Let's begin."

Anonymous

Jonah's cold expression never left him as he drew his greatsword, Ironheart. The flames seemed to lick Ironheart's bloodstained blade repeatedly as they rippled the air around it.

Then, something about the demon blood running within Jonah seemed to make him much lighter on his feet, for he charged at the man at an unexpected speed; lightning fast and sheathed in white-hot flames, his sword pointing straight ahead.

Anonymous

Griever's eyes widened slightly, as he was slightly taken off guard by Jonah's speed. He quickly stepped to the side, knocking away Jonah's blade with a quick flick of his wrist. He quickly leaped back to place distance between them. 'He doesn't waste any time...' Griever thought silently. Griever didn't waste any time to commence his own counter-attack. "Seal of Sloth-Release!" Griever proclaimed. Instantly, his body was engulfed in the steely armor of the Leviathan. His blade adhering to his wrists to form extend-able wrist blades. Immediately, Griever lunged at jonah, dragging one blade along the ground, while bearing the other at his side. He leaped at Jonah, bringing one hand upwards to perform a skyward slash; hoping to slice the man from gut to gullet.

Anonymous

Jonah's reaction to the counterattack was quicker than even he expected, for his demon blood was slowly but surley beginning to take hold of him. He stepped aside from the wrist blade, coming within mere inches of being sliced open. He then jumped back and uttered, "CONSUME." Immediately, a giant jet of searing flames erupted from beneath the man.

Anonymous

Griever watched as the eruption of flame began manifesting itself beneath him. The moments before it's eruption seemed as hours to him, as he watched the spell come into fruition. He quickly leaped to the side, in an attempt to avoid the attack, but his side was unable to escape the flame in time, sending Griever flying into the air. He quickly found his balance in the air, and landed behind the wall of flames. Slowly, the wall of flame descended back into the earth, leaving a gaping hole between the two devils.

Although the armor had indeed received the brunt of the attack, a few embers of the flames managed to pierce his protection, causing minor burns beneath the armor.  Griever's armor had also been severely burnt by the attack, but slowly, the suit began to repair itself, until no evidence of damage even remained; such was the power of Leviathan. Griever bent his knees sightly, this time actually taking a fighting stance against his enemy.

Griever spread his arms into an offensive posture. "...not bad, but you can do nothing to blunt the agonies of your death" Griever said sternly. "Come forth:Guilt, Malice, Blasphemy; set free my brethren! Cerberus, Azriel, Behemoth- lend me your strength,my brothers!!!" griever's hands and feet began to glow with an ominous black aura, encircling the devils body, as the devils were leased.Griever's body began to emanate a foreboding mist from his body, air grew heavy, and griever's body seemed to expand as his muscle mass increased.

Griever's body crackled, as his body surged with dark energy. It had been awhile since he had unsealed these four demons at the same time. He stood for a moment, contemplating his next move which soon came to him as he began to crack his knuckles. "...So, you're finally starting to wake up..." Griever said as he bent his knees a bit more. "...But don't worry..." Griever leaped high into the air,piercing the stratosphere by using the gravity manipulation of Azriel to make himself much lighter than norm and the strength of Behemoth to launch himself skyward. As he neared the peak of his leap, he turned downward, and honed in on Jonah's position. "...big brother will put you to sleep!" Griever yelled as he reversed Azriel's affect, increasing his weight nearly a hundred fold, and throwing himself downward with his newfound strength. He surged back towards earth, heading straight towards Jonah.

Anonymous

Jonah gave the slightest hint of a smirk; he hadn't had a challenge like this in a long time. But he was unimpressed by the attack that the man was conducting. His demon blood has nearly half-consumed him, for he jumped out of the way into the air as the man's body made a tremendous impact that shook the earth.

"Is this all you are?" Jonah asked. While still in the air, he formed a huge orb of molten lava and fire in front of him. "EXPLODE," he uttered as he sent the giant ball of fire down on top of the man.

Anonymous

Griever drove into the earth with immense impact, causing the equivalent of a small bomb to disrupt the earth around him; sending dirt corpses and decrepit weaponry, flying into the air. Griever quickly turned to face Jonah who had  now become airborne and summoned up a mighty fireball; that was now hurtling towards Griever.

Griever paused for a moment as the flaming ball rushed towards him. "Not this time..." Griever mumbled, as a wicked grin crept across his face. In an instant, he was gone, leaving nothing but a trail of blurred images behind as he escaped the fireballs radius. He quickly turned his focus back to Jonah, who was still coming down from his aerial assault. Griever's grin broadened slightly as he leaped towards Jonah, quickly closing the gap between two, but he did not attack. Instead he firmly grasped Jonah's shoulders, and leaned in to whisper into his ear. "....I am beyond anything you could ever fathom...." Griever said under a hushed voice.

Immediately after, griever propelled himself upward by using Jonah's shoulder's as a base, sending him a few feet above the man. Griever turned around, as to face Jonah's back, and clasped his hands together above his head. "Vae Victus...(woe to the conquered)" Exhaled, as he incited the power of Azriel again to triple his weight and Behemoth to bolster his strength as be brought his clenched fists down on Jonah.

Anonymous

At this point, Jonah's demon blood had just finished consuming him. He began to tremble with power...his darker side was being released. The black aura that surrounded him was so strong that it acted as a sort of shield to help cut the force of the impact by a large margin. The two fists came down upon Jonah's head, and he plummetted into the earth. The pain was dull; he now had a splitting headache, but that feeling slowly melted away. His transformation was complete.

He stood from the rubble, now a completely different being. His skin was of a darker, greyer tone, and his muscle mass had expanded considerably. His hair was now black, as were his eyes, only they were completely black. A black, fiery aura radiated from him, sending unimaginable heat searing through a wide area. A catacalysmic power coursed through his veins. He flashed a large grin, showing a pair of long fangs. He was now Dark Jonah.

"What a coincidence," he said. He then raised his hand at the still-falling man. "GRAVE." Suddenly, a dark tendril with a razor-sharp point sprang from the ground, homing in on the spawn of Hell. Four others soon sprung up and followed it.

Anonymous

Ayame sighed swinging her legs against the hard rocky surface of the cliff she was sitting on. “Looks like Oniichan  has found someone to fight againâ€? she said to herself her cotton candy colored eyes watching the two fight. After Jonah had slain those slave trifocals they had run into the guy named Griever who had said some things he shouldn’t and now the two were battling. The half wolf-demon child was used to seeing her Oniichan fight and seeing people die by his hand but this fight was different Jonah was acting more vicious than usual in a fight she also noticed the change in his appearance and felt the heat. Truthfully it scared the sky-haired girl of 9 ,but she wouldn’t interfere. This was Oniichan’s fight.

(Don’t know if you still want to RP with me but I just thought I’d post)

Anonymous

Ooc:You are more than welcome to join in, it will be tougher, but im sure I can hold my own until I get another ally ^_^, please if you want to jump in,  by all means do so. :D

Griever prepared, raising his arms in a defensive stance as the tendrils came for him, but quickly changed posture, and began swinging wildly to deflect the assault. The echoes of steel rang out through the land as Griever deflected the first tendril, then the second, but as the final three neared his position, they split off, surrounding him. Immediately, he released the 5th seal-Mephistopheles. Instantly, his persona changed, and calculations began surging through his brain as to possible tactics to escape such a predicament. he new that as long as he was airborne, he would be next to immobile, so he quickly increased his weight to hasten his fall to earth but occasionally reversed the affect causing him to float. This in turn made it much more difficult for the tendrils to hone in on his location. As the three neared him, he knocked one away with his wrist blades and another with the blades from his ankles. 'One more...' Griever thought, but before he could even find the black spear, a searing pain began emanating from his shoulder; he had moved to slow.The pain was sharp but fleeting; he was enjoying this match so much, that he didn't mind a bit of pain, hell, he reveled in it.

He finally fell to the ground, clutching his shoulder for a moment. He turned his head slightly, acknowledging the presence of the other soul that had come but quickly turned his attention to the fully reverted Azrael. He was his main focus right now, but he made a note to keep the other in his sights. Lest she attempt to surprise him.

Griever scanned over Azrael's demonic visage; The angel of death.The demon that he once knew him to be had finally emerged."I see you finally woke up..." Griever spoke as though seeing an old friend, but still held a degree of bitterness in his voice.

He glared at Azrael for a moment. His head cocked to the side slightly as if to realize something inwardly. He chuckled softly then closed his eyes, focusing all his energies into his next course of action. His body slowly began to crackle with an abundance of dark energy flowing through him, which only intensified as he accumulated it into the seal located on his chest. "It's time I do the same..."

The earth around them began to crumble away as it began cracking, and shifting uncontrollably. The sky grew black as dark clouds quickly ran overhead; rain and lightning following close behind. Griever clutched his chests tightly, as the seal began to crack, instantly leasing a black wind that swept through the land. "Seal of wrath....RELEASE." Instantly, Griever's body was enveloped in a black light that quickly began devouring the earth nearby. Even the souls of the fallen fell prey to Griever's unquenchable hunger, as they were absorbed into the light, indeed, his body. Within the sphere, the armor of the Leviathan peeled away, succumbing to the vortex, and retreated back within it's master.  Griever's body sprouted six wings; each representing a devil which composed his body, but as he lowered back to the ground, the change in him was undeniable. The air rang out with the crackling sounds of his demonic energy, as his body was coated in a electrical darkness that jumped from place to place over his body.

Aside from his wings, his fangs had elongated, as did his claws, and his eyes glowed with a much fiercer shade of crimson red, and as he spoke, his words boomed across the landscape, sounding as a legion rather than a man.(although this was the case before, it was no longer a hushed tone of voice.) As his power settled, a disturbing chill began to emanate from his body, creeping across the battlefield as a freezing wind that mingled with the heat Azreal's body produced.

"It's been awhile...Azreal." Lucifer said.

Anonymous

Dark Jonah, now better known as the Angel of Death, or Azrael, looked up to gaze with empty eyes at his old yet bitter friend, Lucifer, the Prince of Darkness. A pair of wings composed of black flames sprang from his back to complete his own transformation. "Lucifer..." he said. "I never thought I'd be seeing your face again."

Anonymous

"Oniichan" Ayame whimpered she had seen him fight many times but never like this. It scared her, he must be really angry at this guy. Another figure appeared and it looked like Jonah knew him. The sky-haired wolf child continued to watch " I hope Oniisan will be alright" she thought.

(ooc: thanxs I might join in a while)

Oniisan: Japanese for "Big  Brother"

Anonymous

It seemed like every conflict she ever entered was brought on by the cry of a dying man, and the presence of demons. The reaped souls, whether by the hands of Azrael, the devil of death, or whoever else was there, she was always just a step behind. "She" was something terrible, something that demons and angels alike recoiled from in horror. Weak ones had since learned to give her a wide berth, for she would kill both on sight. She was a necromancer, an undoubtably dark being that favored neither heaven nor hell, but controlled the cycle of life and death itself, in which all were locked, lucifer and all his demons... included, just like the forces of heaven.

Just as easily as they had fallen, the corpses of the men and women that Azrael had slain rose once more, their souls forcing right back into their bodies in a grotesque amalgamation of life and death... they were not simple zombies then... they were Vampires. Many, many vampires, bidden by the right hand of the dark woman who had just given them birth, walking amongst the hellfire that had erupted all over the battlefield, her body and the bodies of her spawn protected by the force of the souls that the fire could not actually destroy. The supernatural flame scorched all around them, devoured everything... but the vampires and their mistress were untouched, as the black-hearted woman called out.

"Blood of angels, Blood of demons, I call you from your bindings... I call you to suffer, to know the despair of mortals wronged by the divine and the foul... You are not beyond sin, unbeckoned intruders, nor are you wanted on our world! Prepare to be handed... judgement!" she called, her voice bearing the arcane weight of an incantation, disguised into a speech of wrath as she drew the blood from her own hand with the sacrificial dagger in her hand, and flung the droplets of her blood that resulted at the two demons.

Like daggers, the virgin blood, enhanced by the foul magics she practiced, surged forth and grew, until they were like great serpents of blood, enhanced by the negative energy that was neither of hell, nor of heaven... a force that could effortlessly wound both forces like a sword wounds a man. The spell was so effortless for the necromancer, the child of the catacombs, but its effects were dramatic. A virgin mortal's blood held IMMENSE power when that power was tapped properly. By the time it would reach either of her foes, each beam of negative energy would be like great, rushing rivers, turning the sky black in their wake.

Anonymous

Ooc:Guys im so sorry I've been gone so long, my family was moving so we had to take care of that, but just know that I am extremely sorry, and that as far as it depends on me, it should never happen again.

"Ahh, yet another player in this morbid game..." Lucifer murmured, as he turned his head slightly at the newcomer. A necromancer, a mortal that new not their place in this world but also a soul that he would banish to the abyss. He made no expression of dread as the woman launched her assault towards the two devils. He grinned slightly as he watched, amused at her zealous and silent attack. Without a word, he lifted himself into the air with one mighty flap of his blackened wings, raising him far into the air and bestowed him with a much better view of the battlefield. A swarm of vampires now shuffled their twisted cadavers across the desecrated landscape of frozen magma and blazing ice, yet they new not the oblivion which cried for them; their creator had seemingly endowed them with an immunity to the hellfire. With the voice of a legion, he spoke out to the necromancer.

"Such bold words from a soul that clings to her mortality through the magics of the abyss. You hold no authority to judge me wretched woman..." Lucifer said harshly.

"...allow me to free you of your mortal coiling...