Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

.dreaded.ressurection.

Started by Rhindeer, December 29, 2004, 02:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

[MOVED THREAD! Authors: Lady Dread as Mina, Small Wonder as Nakaris, Jester as Xurlaq, and Gold as Siyavash]

Lady Dread
Someone new!
(10/24/04 3:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All   .dreaded.ressurection.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 No one understood what happened.

There had been rumors of Serendipity's upcoming downfall, yet- the day before the proposed attack Mina had just.....disapeared with her daughter. No one had been left in charge of the army, no messages had been left about Mina's wherabouts. Everything just..crumbled.

It had been hot then. Summer.

Now it was cold. Autumn.

No one feared the Dread Army anymore. It was gone; extinct. Everyone thought Mina dead.

Fools.

A well-dressed woman walked through the village, what looked like a little four year old girl clinging to her skirts. The woman had red and black hair.

Gold eyes.

She paused outside of the abandoned Dread Army headquarters and looked up at the looming facade. She raised a too-pale arm and pressed her palm against the door. "Home sweet home," she murmered coolly, fingers curling as she dug her nails into the wood and drew them briskly through the wood- drawing rivlets of blood from the surface itself.

Wait. Wood didn't bleed. Or, did it?

The woman opened the door and walked in, gesturing for her daughter to go sit at the abandoned bar.

The little girl went to do as she was told, but squealed when she saw the dead dwarf chained there; loyal to Mina's command even after her departure. He'd starved to death, unable to get to food or water from his shackled position at the bar.

The beautiful woman meerly smirked at the girl before she went to the table and looked down at the dusty scroll there:

"I hereby call the Dread Army," she spoke in a firm voice, laying her palm on the parchment, "Come, my warriors, it's a new day. A new time. Come to me, your Commander. Come to me, your Mina." The scroll began to glow..the names there becoming illuminated.

Mina's back. Different, yes. But, she's back.

The Dread Army has been ressurected, who dares return to it? And yet, who dares not to?

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/26/04 3:53 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Been so long...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "...Mina...?" The voice came from the doorway, a few minutes after the woman and child had arrived.

Holding the door partly open and glancing inside with wide, almost eerily blue eyes, a young man with red-gold hair stood motionless. Along his left cheek, standing out light against his golden skin, a scar ran from nearly chin to temple, and an assortment of many earrings and necklaces decorated his body. Even more clicked together unseen, bracelets hidden beneath the sleeves of his dark overcoat.

He'd always had a slight fascination with shiny things, what could he say?

Staring, silent for a moment, he slowly left the doorway to move further inside...and it was also then that his eyes fell upon the child...

Damn...that wasn't...couldn't be...

Yeah, he was floored, to say the least, and for the life of him couldn't think of what to say. All he knew was, something had told him to come here...and now...damn.

It had been just too long...and yet, it seemed like only yesterday that they had both vanished...

Lady Dread
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/28/04 2:42 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   aNgEl Of DrEaD
 The little girl's eyes widened as she looked upon the man who she knew right away was her father. Her mother had told her such wonderful stories of this man, stories of their love, and how they both loved her so very very much. Her surruel eyes focused on the ankh necklace at his throat and she let out a squeal, leaping from her stool and racing toward him with arms outstretched. That was her daddy, no doubt, her marvelous brave daddy! "Da!"

Mina whirled in a billow of skirts, amber eyes widening very slightly at the man who had appeared first. Oh, and she'd known he would be the first! This is how she wanted it, so that she could allow herself a few moments to just...hold him. "Nakaris," she murmered his name, the word almost quivering. Oh, she knew he would hate her for leaving him, knew it deep in the bitter recesses of her cold heart! And, what if-? Oh Gods, what if he'd found another woman to be his? The Archmage suddenly found her legs couldn't quite support her, so she sunk down into the nearest dusty chair.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/28/04 4:24 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   ^_____^
 For a moment, Nakaris could only stare, as though expecting the two figures before him to vanish if he looked away, just as they had so abruptly vanished months ago. This might just be a cruel trick of his eyes, or yet another dream. But it was so real, and yet...who knew? After all, if there was one thing he was certain of, it was that anything was possible.

It was Vai that snapped him back to himself as she squealed suddenly and rushed toward him, and without even thinking, he met her halfway and swept her up into his arms. Gods, it was real! It had to be... "Vai..." If being separated from Mina had been painful, a pain such as he had never experienced before, being separated from his only child, his little daughter...he couldn't even begin to fathom putting it into words, nor did he think he'd want to try, actually. Besides, he was having a hard enough time organizing his thoughts at the moment, as it was!

But now that he was finally able to hold her again...all that was gone.

"My...ya've certainly grown, kiddo. Quite th' li'l lady, eh?" he told her affectionately, smiling softly at her. "But no boyfriends yet, alright?"

It was then that he heard Mina's voice, and he glanced up from Vai just in time to see her sink down into a chair...

Crossing the room quickly, Vai still in his arms, he went to her...and, though he wanted nothing more than to talk to her, to hold her after so longâ€"anything else could wait...where she had been, why...it just didn't matter right now, he didn't careâ€"he didn't want to let go of Vai yet, either.

But, he did, gently lowering her to the ground as soon as he was near Mina. "Gotta give yer mum some attention, too," he explained, before turning toward Mina. Relief and light-heartedness soon turned to concern, doubt...what if she had left because...ah...he didn't know. It didn't matter. Did it? Unless she'd left because...because...well...there were many possibilities...

But he chose right then and there to stop thinking about it.

Slowly taking a seat beside her, he turned and reached out a hand to take one of hers in both of his. "I...I missed ya, Mina..." he confided quietly, not knowing what else to say. But it was a start.  

Lady Dread
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/29/04 3:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   /-/3@rT$ /)r3@/)¦/Vg
 Vai giggled at her father's words, the sound driving over the room like bell-chimes. She hugged him tight, mumbling in his ear, "I missed you too, Daddy..I didn't like it at all! I wanted to come home. It was scary there." After he set her down, the little girl pranced about the room to peer out the dirt-streaked windows, sensing with some odd un-childlike intuition that her mother and father needed some time alone.

Mina's lower lip trembled as she looked at him, hands in his trembling to almost the same rhythm. She looked stiff and unnatural in the tightly laced dress- perhaps because it was fit more for a Duchess then the leader of a rogue band of misfits. Her amber eyes gleamed unnaturally in the dim light, the only emotion shown being that quivering lip. For a moment she just sat there and looked at him. Afraid, almost. Afraid he would refuse her. She didn't say a word, and after another moment of hesitation she moved. Vacating her chair, the commander slipped into her sub-commander's lap, pressing a powerful kiss against his lips...

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/29/04 5:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   *sneaks in, taking break from evil essayness* >.>
 Nakaris blinked at Vai's words. Scary there? Where had they gone? Well...no matter. Answers could wait, for now.

Watching Mina, that thread of uncertainty and doubt that he had been avidly repressing started working it's way through him, Mina's silence encouraging it, egging it on. She had left without a word to him, taking Vai with her...and he had been so afraid she wouldn't come back. But...why had she left to begin with? If she had told him, given him a reason, at least, he would have been reassured, but he'd been given nothing. He had...ugh...maybe he'd been a bit too overbearing and demanding. He hadn't meant to be, nor would he even dream of being soâ€"she was her own, strong person, and Nakaris always loved that about her. He'd just been concerned for her...especially so soon after her pregnancy...

But after she'd left, he'd been half-afraid that she'd perhaps taken his concern the wrong way. An irrational fear, but...it was really the only explanation he could offer for himself.

Whatever the case, there was yet another, perhaps irrational fear facing him, spurred on by her own look of...fear, maybe? He didn't know what it was, exactly, or why the thought came to him, but...well, he just couldn't help but fear that, perhaps, she had only returned to say goodbye. For whatever reason...

That all faded when she suddenly slipped into his lap, his arms automatically banding around her gently to hold her close as she pressed her lips to his, and as he gratefully, willingly, reciprocated. And if he had had any doubts, well...this effectively cleared those away. Just as he hoped the manner of his own kiss would address any doubts she herself had been suffering.

Thank Gods Vai was looking away. Wasn't exactly a family friendly kiss.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(10/29/04 11:42 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   «Xurlaq
 "Love... What is love? It is a pathetic emotion that disgusts me so. I would rather walk ten thousand miles through the flames of Hell, than allow such an emotion to linger around me. I will only put up with your feeble feelings towards one another as long as I get to spread death throughout this cursed Earth." Came a monsterously deep voice. The voice came from a black beast of demonic proportions. Xurlaq currently stands at a towering eight feet, not including the added height of his twenty or so horns. His massively muscular form leans against the frame of the door with his arms crossed, dark violet stripes barely visible. His enormously long tail waves around behind him with the wickedly bladed end of the tail barely missing everything behind him. He glares at the lovers with a constant glow of pupiless, blood red eyes. He seems to be ignoring the child.
"In the meantime, I will be outside. You people sicken me with your emotions." With his words, the hybrid demon stomps out of the room and outside of the building all together. Each of his steps cause the building to shake a bit. It's odd how he could enter the room, much less the building, without making any noice whatsoever, but leave with quite a racket. There's something peculiar about the demon's movements. If Mina would remember, she first recruited him when he was standing at twelve feet. Did he shrink?

Lady Dread
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/30/04 3:37 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   OOC: I know of the essays..blargh..
 Mina heard Xurlaq. Heard- true- but didn't give care. She meerly waved a hand behind her back at him, indicating she heard him. Rather then lessen her kiss she deepened it even further, almost biting off Nakaris' lower lip with her ferocity. Definetly not a family-friendly kiss..

Vai's eyes turned toward Xurlaq- recognizing him just as she recognized everyone. She trotted out the door after him, grabbing hold of his tail and giving it a little tug, giving him a mischevious look.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/2/04 4:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Muah!
 The only hint Nakaris gave that he had heard the demon's spiel was a soft, amused chuckle. A second later, and that brief interruption was forgotten as the kiss was deepened.

Damn, he'd missed her.

Drawing a hand up her back, he brought a hand to the side of her face, his other arm still around her, holding her against him as his mouth explored hers. And he didn't at all mind her ferocity...not when his own was no soft, gentle thing. Eyes closed, he kissed her deeply, as though he had been starving. And, well, he had.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(11/3/04 10:44 pm)
 Xurlaq noticed the little tug he recieved. He didn't care though. He continued to travel outside, even if it meant dragging the little girl with him. He found a spot by a tree and sat down, curling his tail around in front of him to see if the girl was still attatched or perhaps slipped off, being injured by the bladed part. He hoped for the second one, but it would be considered an accident. It wouldn't matter. Blood is blood.

Lady Dread
SotE RPGer ^_^
(11/5/04 1:55 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   [queen of despair]
 Vai was still holding onto his tail, her hands positioned so as to not be harmed by the blade. Colorless eyes gleamed as she looked at him. This was no ordinary child, obviouslly. The little minx continued holding onto his tail firmly, her eyes meeting his and not dropping, "Xurlaq.." she muttered his name slowly, the strange little girl pronouncing it as if she was reading it from a book and had never seen it before.

Mina pulled away from the kiss after a moment, her lips slightly swollen. "Oh Nakaris.." She touched his face, fingers trailing down the path of the old scar and down the length of his neck to rest on his shoulder, "My dear Nakaris.."

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/8/04 5:13 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Ladeedaaa!
 A small grin formed on his lips as he looked at her, simply taking her all in. The woman he had missed so much. Despite the differences that were apparent on her now, she was still, at her core, the same Mina he had shamelessly fallen for.

Brushing hair back from her face and trailing his hand back down to rest lightly but firmly against her back as he held her close to him, kissing her brow gently. After she'd been gone, he just didn't want to let her go just yet, not for awhile. He'd missed the feel of her. Missed her.

"Gods...so glad yer back..." he murmured, his voice not at all angry. Just relieved. He wasn't angry that she left...he was just happy she and Vai were back. And curious as to where they'd gone. But, he didn't bring that up yet. That wasn't really important at the moment.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(11/12/04 2:23 am)
 Xurlaq would have found Vai cute and adorable if he wasn't such a heartless demon. She was cute, to say the least, just not to him. He continued to glare down at the child. In his mind, he regretted letting the little girl tag along. He wanted to cause his tail blade to spin and get the little abomination stuck in the lethal thing, but decided to break his gaze on her instead. He laid back on the ground to glare up at the sky. He hated this world so much.

Lady Dread
SotE RPGer ^_^
(11/14/04 3:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   [d r e a d]
 Vai kept her little hands firmly on Xurlaq's tail, giving it a little tug, Xurlaq," she said again, "Xurlaq. Xurlaq."

Mina smiled at him, "I'm glad to be back. I never meant to be gone so long. I never meant to be gone at all." Her face darkened, nestling closer to her love. She let out a sigh, and began to tell her story- slowly, all emotion drained from the words:

"Foxfire came to me one night and begged to speak with me. He wasen't drunk for once, so I oblidged. He told me bring Vai with me, which made no sense at the time but I did anyway. He led me outside and here he attacked me. Now, I could easily have taken him on my own, but Vai was in my arms and I was forced to protect her instead of using much offensive magic. Somehow, I'm not sure how, he knocked me out. The bastard knocked me out.
I woke up sometime later with a nasty headache and the realization wasen't in the village anymore. Foxfire had brought me somewhere on Sirena Island where my people are from. I was...naked, and tied to a tree. Oh, he hadn't touched me. No, he hadn't laid a hand on me. Anywhere.
Vai was missing. I started to scream for her, but then Foxfire appeared in his human form. He lit a fire..and he started to chant. Oh god, the bloody nag was doing magick. Then, my brother Palin appeared. The two did some sort of spell on me, and.."

Without another word, Mina undid the first two clasps on her gown's bodice to reveal the ruby implanted into the flesh between her breasts.

"They took the stone I had once treasured and forced it to bond with me. They took its magick, you will remember it as the magick that made me ill, and fused it with my own. I went through thirty nights and days of torment as my blood ran through the ruby. I spent those hellish days screaming and writhing in my binds. And, those wretches made Vai watch me scream..they brought her in around day three and made the poor girl watch her mother suffer.
By the last day I mastered the art of feeling beyond the pain. I managed to lay still without writhing, I managed to keep the screams behind closed lips. Foxfire let me free of the binds then...
He told me that he owned me now. He told me that he and Palin had done something with the ruby so I would be his slave. So that I would be his forever. Oh gods, Nakaris..he was so jealous of you.
He made me his slave. I could not help doing everything he said. If I did not he would make me scream and scream and scream. I became too tired by it to not bow my head and oblidge whatever he wished of me. He wished things I will never speak of aloud."

Mina's eyes were blank, but her fingertips dug into Nakaris' arm.

"Of course, I eventually freed myself from him. I found a way to harness the power he had over me, and use it against him. I was more adept then a miserable kelpie could ever hope to be. I made him slit his own throat. Then i found Vai and I left...
I stayed in Connoloath for a few weeks so as to try to forget everything. There I did not think of magick. I was just a normal barmaid with a normal menial job with a monotonous life.
Then..I came back. I'm ready to start my conquest again."

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/26/04 3:13 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
    *TWITCH!*
 Nakaris listened to her story as she told it, a growing feeling of illness increasing within him as, with every word, the story grew grimmer and grimmer. From the way she had first started to tell it, he had felt right then and there that it wasn't going to be pretty. The way all emotion drained from her spoke volumes, giving him fair warning. But nothing could have prepared him for what she was now telling him.

God damn...he soon began to fervently wish her disappearance had been of her own accord, for whatever reason. That would have been infinitely better than this...than being taken somewhere against her will...he couldn't stand that thought...

His body was tense as he listened, and, in addition to shock, a sense of guilt began to build. Why hadn't he heard? She'd been attacked right outside...he should have heard it, shouldn't he have?

But he hadn't.

That should have been bad enough. But, indeed, it got worse as Mina explained the stone that was now embedded in her chest. And spoke of her days and days of torment. As she spoke, he drew closer to her, stroking her hair softly and soothingly as he listened.

Foxfire. Foxfire had done all this? Foxfire!? What. The. Hell!? And all in front of Vai.

And he was...jealous of him? Foxfire...was jealous of him!? That's why he did this!? He wanted Mina?

Nakaris had never seen that coming.

His body tensed more with every word Mina spoke, though he managed to keep his expression and touch soft. God damnit, he wanted to KILL the bastard! He and that fuckin' brother of her's! No...not kill. Killing was too quick. He wanted to make them scream and scream and scream like they'd made Mina, make them suffer for hurting Mina and hurting Vai. Vai...she'd said the place was scary. Gods, he would have never thought up this kind of scenario based off her words! She had been so calm...it was bad enough what they'd done to Mina, but to include Vai...

He held his anger at bay and focused on listening to Mina and comforting her as best as he could. When she had finished, it was a few moments before he could find his voice, for his mouth had turned dry. Finally, though, he swallowed and spoke.

"...Where's yer brother?" he asked, voice deathly soft, but then winced. That wasn't the first thing he had intended to say; he had meant to say something comforting. But it had been the first thing that had formed on his tongue once he regained the ability to speak. Foxfire had been killed...but Mina had said nothing of her brother. And as far as Nakaris was concerned, he was equally responsible. If not more for putting the spell on the jewel to begin with.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(11/26/04 4:51 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del    Â«Xurlaq
 "Release my tail if you know what's good for you. Otherwise, I'd be forced to fillet you with it." Xurlaq notes, still glaring up at the sky. He hasn't moved an inch since he laid down. He wasn't planning to for the moment either.

Lady Dread
SotE RPGer ^_^
(11/28/04 9:50 am)
Reply | Edit | Del    [ d r e a d ]
 Vai held onto his tail- didn't let go. "Fillet! Fillet!" It sounded oddly like she was taunting...

Mina watched Nakaris' reaction throughout her whole story, eyes gliding along the strain in his muscles. She rested a slender hand against his shoulder, lightly massaging his tense muscles with her fingertips. "Palin..i don't know. i haven't seen him since.."

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/30/04 1:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
    Le grrr!
 Nakaris hadn't been aware that he had tensed up until Mina's fingers found and began massaging his shoulder and, reflexively, he forced himself to untense a little. Though that proved a bit difficult. And understandably so! He was pissed. Not at Mina, by any means; none of this was her fault, and even if it had been her doing, he was just too relieved to have her back to be angry. No, he was angry at Foxfire for doing this to her and including Vai, at Palin for helping, at himself for being able to do nothing about it. Why hadn't he gone and looked for her? He probably wouldn't have been able to find her, anyway...but he had been convinced she had gone of her own will for her own reasons...

"Yeah...figures..." he muttered. The coward. Of course he wouldn't show his face now. "He best stay away, too. I'll kill 'im." He said it simply, as though stating a well-known fact.

He hadn't even known Mina had had a brother until just now, either. She'd never mentioned it to him, and the idea had never crossed his mind. But that didn't matter. He hated the bastard already. He didn't have to know about him in advance to know that he hated him now.

But...something told him that now probably wasn't the time. He should be being more supportive, as he wanted to be. Unfortunately, that never was his strong point. He never knew the right words or appropriate actions.

Taking a deep breath, he shook his head slowly. "Mina, I'm...I'm sorry. I had no idea..." he said quietly, regretfully.

Jester
Master of Laughter
(12/2/04 11:13 pm)
 Xurlaq shot up from where he laid with the urge to backhand the child. Instead, he grabed her by the back of her shirt and plucked her away from his tail. His pupiless, red glow of a gaze glares at the girl.
"You are lucky you are the child of my current commander. Otherwise, I'd take pleasure in gutting you." The monsterous beast growls at the little girl before placing her back on the ground. He lays back on the ground to glare at the sky.

Gold
Miss Oblivious
(12/4/04 7:13 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Siyavash...I forgot about him...woops XD
 Siyavash appeared back in town within a matter of minutes, taking the Shadow Roads immediately after the call from Mina had awoken in him. So...she was finally back and ready to get things back on track.

Actually, he was quite annoyed with her sudden disappearance and almost ignored the call. What type of commander would leave her plans half finished? Simply disappearing without a word along with her daughter and any trace that she had been here. But something had urged him to come back and he was willing to give this army thing one more chance. After all, he had no luck in finding Sahirah in the time he had been away...it was almost as if she had disappeared off the face of the earth with his amulet....and oh how he would love to have it if the siege were to take place soon. To have an entire army of shadows would be to their greatest benefit.

With a small puff of shadows he appeared beside the building where the commander now sat. With a sigh he stepped out of the shadows and entered into the house, his ebony staff clicking pointedly on the wooden floorboards.

Lady Dread
SotE RPGer ^_^
(12/12/04 4:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   [ d r e a d ]
 Mina didn't reply to Nakaris, for that was when Siyavash appeared. She got up from Nakaris' lap calmly, running her hands down the bodice of her intricate dress so as to smooth out the wrinkles. "Siyavash- welcome back." The Archmagus inclined her chin slightly, offering the other a sinister smile. "All will be explained in due time." She seemed to be able to read his facial expression; she would tell the story to them all. They would all know of the transgressions that befell her.

Vai giggled, "Silly silly.." Her bright eyes gleamed, and she sat down, looking at him with her devilish eyes. She grinned wildly and touched his tail again. Oh yes, she was taunting him..
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Oh yes, Vai's last action will indeed be her last. Xurlaq shot up from where he laid and was about to do something very harsh when he caught the sight of a winged being approaching from the sky. If there's one thing he hated most, it would have to be angels. This one is confusing though. He had not only a pair of angelic wings, but also a pair of batlike wings. Xurlaq could only conclude one thing while he stood up from where he laid.
"Abomination..." The word escapes his lips with his monsterous voice. It sickens him to hear of angels and demons making young, but it happens. His own daughter even had hers with an Archangel. Such horrible creatures they are.

Tesri landed on the grassy area just in front of the Dread Army's headquarters and folds his batlike wings like a tattered cape and his angelic wings under the cape. He's greeted by the sight of an eight foot demon with a ten foot tail that hold a tail blade of wicked proportions. He couldn't help but stare back at the massive demon as he glared back at him. A demon that he could easily identify as his own blood.
"Xurlaq..." He speaks to himself, knowing that not even Xurlaq knows that he is indeed a grandson. Perhaps it would be best for him to tell the demon later. Now, he has led a fallen angel to his future. That is, if the fool didn't get lost on the trip. He places his gloved hands on the handles of his scimitars and continues to stare at Xurlaq as he waits for Ramiel's arrival.

Rhindeer

Nakaris was disappointed about their recent interruption, especially so soon, but...meh. Knowing their luck, it was bound to happen, and with the seige still at hand, expected. Still, he would have liked a little more alone time with her, but...he supposed there would be plenty of time later once the issue of the seige was addressed and taken care of.

Rising himself, he listened as Mina spoke to Siyavash...and it was also then that another thought clicked into place. Vai. She'd left the building, understanding with that uncanny wisdom of hers that he and Mina needed some time together.

Hopefully she hadn't gone too far. Wisdom or not, she was still a child. And not just any child, but his little girl. And this was a village of demons and the like...not exactly the best place for a child to wander, though hopefully most knew who's kid she was and would think twice before touching her...unless they had a serious deathwish.

He glanced over at Mina. "I'm...gonna see what Vai's up to..." he told her, and with that said, slipped outside, allowing Mina to stay where she was to fill in Siyavash if she needed to.

(crappy post...argh!)
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Brightness. It was the first thing Venorik noticed when he exited the darkness of the caves. It had been  long journey, to say the least. Suddenly he jumped back into the cave, swords appearing in his hands. Something had just tried to attack him, he was sure of it. He looked around for a dagger or an arrow, squinting his eyes, caught in the decision of switching out of the light spectrum or not.  Poking his head out around the corner, he smirks, visualizing himself already getting a kill in the first seconds of his surface life. He felt it again. Pushed up against the wall, his face contorts in  a state of confusion. His cloak was moving. " what vile faerie sorcery is this!!??" he yells, throwing his cloak across the cavern. He felt it once more. A movement around him, around his entire body. Teachings of the hated surface realm came to mind at the same moment that Qee'lakstreea confirms his suspicions. " wind." his swords tell him laughingly, almost jesting about his utter paranoia regarding the lighted home of his light skinned cousins.The enemy.

"vith." he says to himself as he slowly walks across the  cavern to retrieve his cloak.He slides it back into place around his body easily, laughing at himself as his blades had. He walks back to the cave exit, taking another step out. He was fortunate to have Qee'lakstreea, the demon sheilding his eyes from the painful burning that would be passed on to any of his kin upon seeing the bright light emenating from the gigantic ball of fire that floated in the sky in this cursed place.He was finally here. He still held no doubts in leaving Lith My'athar and his position as weapons master of the first house.

The sound of grating flesh would be heard if any beings were around as his blades slide back into the place they had came from. He had a purpose for being here. His race as a whole decided to stay out of such surface ordeals all together. But he had a different point of view, as did Kerath, the only person he trusted in the world that he knew. Kerath would also arrive here...but he would be a bit late. For now, he had his purpose. He was to locate the one named Mina, for the two of them. The dread army would be very fitting for a killer such as himself, and equally so for Kerath. He squints once more as he looks upon his destination. He wonders how hard  it will be to find her once inside the village, and figures it will most likely take some time and effort. He was willing. He had seen centuries pass by, a few days max of searching meant nothing to the drow, and even less to Qee'lakstreea. He walks into the forest, collesting some wood and carrying it back into the cave. He would wait for now, waiting for the right time. Lighting the fire, he looks back out into the stars that now covered the dark dome above the mountain, and unrolls his sleeping cloth. He indulges in thoughts of plunging a blade into the heart of a surface elf as he blunders into the realms of slumber.

Anonymous

Koudelka stood in the darkness of an alley, her green eyes surveying the scene before her, a smirk playing on her lips.
Ever since she had heard the call from Mina she had been riding towards the dark mage village. She longed for battle. She longed for the rise of the Dread Army. She longed for the day when they would rule Serendipity, a victory which had almost been theirs.
Koudelka smiled softly to herself as she began walking towards the building.
Victory would be their's this time, she could feel it.
Koudelka nodded to Nakaris as he left, before entering the building.

"It's good to have you back Commander"

Koudelka smiled, pushing back the hood on her black cloak, her brown hair tumbling down to well past her shoulders. Her eyes danced evily at the thought of the havoc they would reek (sp?).

Anonymous

"Who's the fool? The fool who tried to lose the fool? Or the fool who kept up with the fool? Or how about the fool who agreed to follow the fool who tried to lose the fool?" Ramiel's voice hissed into Tesri's ear from behind, despite the thought of either of them being a fool wasn't stated verbally.  It was a small confusing puzzle indeed, even he thought that he had confussed himself for a second. It just turned out to be the fact he'd never been here. Or to any place that had some kind of a semblance to it. It was dark in the same nature that described his black heart and soul at the time. Yet despite the relavation between the place and his soul, he was not accustomed to being in a place of absolute darkness. This place was very nerve wreaking, but at the same time it soothed his soul a great deal.

Crossing his arms over his chest as he stepped up to his aquaintance's side, his gaze wandered from his "new-found-friend" to the demon before them. An eyebrow raised up as his head tipped back slightly to scale up the difference between this Fallen and the demon before himself. Little more than a two foot difference. Either way, it still kind of caught him off his guard. He had seen some decent sized demons before, but not one that was that much taller than himself. Then the questions began to fly through his mind. Was that demon going to strike the second he realized Ramiel was in a place he didn't belong? Did he had to place his guard up extremely high in this place to keep his head on his shoulders the entire time? How the hell did that demon deal with a tail of that size?

He didn't have the slightest clue.

The sense of those that were gathering here only increased the anticipated caliber of the entire deal with the army he had only heard of not all that long ago. This wasn't a place for him, even with the intentions that he held; he was certain that it was easily sensed as well. All he did was try to cover it up, act like nothing was wrong before turning his entire form to face Tesri. His face was a little pale, almost back to its normal color after all he'd talked of in Serendipity Village. While he was spilling out, there was no regret for saying what he had. Now he was having second thoughts. Yet it was a little too late for it at this point. He was already here, there was no chance to turn back.

His feet shifted within their black boots, his hands finally falling to his sides without a word before he turned back to that massive demon. Was he the leader? Ramiel didn't think so, but the idea of it still lasted in his mind. He didn't know who to expect to be the leader of this "army," he really didn't know anything about it other than it wanted to take seige of Serendipity. And anyone attacking that kingdom was greatly welcomed as a friend to Ramiel. Looking out the corner of his eye at Tesri once again, his lips hardly moved as he whispered in the man beside him. "Don't mean to be disrepectful at the moment, but do we just stand here all day, or is there someone I need to speak with?"

Ramiel was impatient, and again it was showing.

Anonymous

It was night apparently as Kerath walked around the last bend in the tunnel that he and Venorik had found to take them to the surface.  When he stepped into the cave, he noticed the smoldering embers of a fire, and next to it, the prone form of House Vharzyym's first weapons master.  He walked over and sat opposite the drow.  Venorik, warrior senses better than any with that tanar'ri inside him, wasn't often caught unaware by anyone while he was sleeping, but Kerath,  trained to be as silent as death itself, would not be noticed by him.  Qee'lakstreea maybie, but the demon knew Kerath well enough to know that he was no threat, and would let Venorik rest.

Kerath was a fighter, through and through, and anyone with enough brain matter to outsmart a cockroach could see that from simply looking at the drow.  He wore a thin shirt and pants of black silk under his more elaborate clothing.  This clothing consisted of many pieces and strips of black boiled leather, rivited together in just a way so as to provide both maximum protection and maximum mobility.  His boots, which came to just below the knee, were the same boiled leather, soft after long treks upon hard stone of the underdark.  Over his light armor, he wore a black hooded cloak (though Kerath rarely used the hood.  Prefering instead to let his enemies see him in the eye. If you are trying to remain anonymous and you need to hide your face with a cloth than you have already failed.) that came down to his shins.  The cloak was attached to his shouders with two golden pins in the likeness of dragons with ruby eyes.  His belt contained several puches containing many things of both general use and dangerous alchomy.  coming down from his waist were lames of the same black leather on the rest of his person, again, rivited togeter carefully. Hidden under the lames were Kerath's hidden throwing daggers and ceramic balls that gave off light that could blind dark elves, although would do little to surface dwealers.  Most impressive were his weapons however.  Kerath had two enchanted mythral swords that could lenghten and become whips at his whim.  When not in use, like their in the cave, they wrapped around Kerath's arms. The hilts resting along his shoulder blades and the tips spiraling down to the middle of his forearms, ready to come out to his hads at a moments notice.

Kerath, sitting there, let his mind wander back through time;  to Lith'Myathar, where he had first come back to the material world from his years of torture...

Kerath had been the premier warrior of his city.  His skill with a blade surpassed only by his ego.  It was his ego, his unwillingness to be just another male drone to the drow priestesses of Lloth, that had started this whole journey he was on.  After slitting the throat of his matron after refusing to be the bitch's toy, Kerath was sacrificed to the Spider Queen.  For over 500 years he was tortured in the abyss by Lloth and her Tanar'ri fiends.  But, unlike almost all who are tortured within the abyss, Kerath didn't break.  Unlike all the others, he grew stronger with the captivity, instead of weaker.  He possesed some kind of strength, some will for vengeance, for freedom, that he was able to learn from the pain. He embraced it, and knew, deep down, that his time would come.

His time did indeed come.  In the form of a tanar'ri who had wronged Lloth and fled to the material plain.  She needed him.  After swearing that he would be tortured for an eternity, she let him out after some few hundred years.  He had beaten the queen of chaos.  Lloth freed him in turn that he banish the traitorous demon back to her.  That his how he came to house Vharzyym.

A drow named Venorik Vharzyym had provided new flesh for Kerath and took him into his house after the Tanar'ri had been banished to the abyss.  They had fast grown to trust each other and now, had decided to come to the surface to join this dread army they had heard rumours of.  Lyth'Myathar, their city, had gone to hell anyway.

Kerath came out of his memories as the sun crested over a nearby mountain.  He had never seen the sun and the pain it brought to his eyes could only be described as excrutiating.  Kerath barely even knew the pain existed.  Afterall, it was only pain.

Anonymous

"The fool who believes that the other fool tried to lose the fool, when he simply knows of the other fool's potential to keep up with the fool." Tesri replies to Ramiel's confusing trivia without diverting his gaze away from the monsterous demon. It was indeed a stare down, but for a different reason with Tesri. Being an agent for his entire life, Tesri learned many things. One was the neverending war between the Godsend and Hellsend.
"Ex-Hellsend Master, Xurlaq. One who abandoned his position to search the Earth for his daughter." Tesri speaks out loud, knowing just about everything about the demon before him. Xurlaq's eyes narrow into a glare directed towards Tesri.
"Who are you?" Xurlaq demands in his monsterous voice. Tesri doesn't reply too soon. He simply turns away and begins towards the building.
"The one you search for is my mother." Tesri adds his final say as he continues towards the lone building. Xurlaq's pupiless eyes shoot wide open is shock. He can't find it in him to retort or attack Tesri. His shock is currently too much for him to even move. While still walking away from Xurlaq, Tesri turns his head in Remial's direction to reply to his question that seemed like was ignored.
"We find the commander."

Anonymous

Ramiel raised an eyebrow as he listened to Tesri's response, a little taken aback by it but  he hadn't expected any less of his guide here. There was nothing he could really do at the moment except look back and forth between the massive demon and Tesri, trying to figure out just what was going on until he noticed the shock on the gigantic demon's face. Almost left behind, his feet quickly moved him to catch his "new friend." There was nothing much more to call Tesri, at this point Ramiel didn't have much of anything else to call him.

The commander . . . Ramiel couldn't help but wonder what kind of commander this army had. Ideas on the guy began to pass through his mind, but he quickly shook them away before stuffing his hands deep into the pockets of his breeches. This person had to mean something for these beings to start coming back to him. It all kind of sent Ramiel into a long and endless train of thought, one that if he wasn't careful he was going to get himself separated from Tesri. Then he'd be in a bit of trouble here.

"Is there anything I might want to know about this commander before hand? I'd really like to keep my head on my shoulders if I say something wrong . . . " Normally, pissing someone off would've brought a impish grin to his lips, but this time things were on a more serious level. He'd have to force himself to keep himself in line, something that was going to be a rough task by itself.

Anonymous

Qee'lakstreea felt Kerath's presence, but thought nothing of it. It was expected, yet not so early. Venorik had thought that he had a few days on his friend, but it ended up he was only behind a few hours. The same dream flowed through his head. The slaughter of his family. By his hands, or more so, his blades, Qee'lakstreea, the demon who's being was intertwined with his own. Flashbacks of the same wicked smile given to him by his sister, before the smile remained forever upon the severed head which rolled across the floor.His brothers, whom he had never seen, in a fruitless attempt to stop him from his ultimate goal. His mother, Zeer Delgo. He came upon her chambers in silence, using a portal generated by his blades to enter silently. He stood above her, face blank, before his blades sent a wave of anguish through her, attacking her very mind with his own. She screamed. She called for gaurds. He offered nothing but the simple words that put an expression of horror across her old and withered face. "there is nobody to answer your calls, dear mother." he quietly says almost in a state of monotone. Her mind rushed with thoughts, trying to decipher the meaning. Then drean overtook her. The realization that Lolth herself was against her, for how else would a soul sacrificed to her come and secure the death of one of her devoted followers? She was sadly mistaken. She heard but four words before she could speak none for herself."do not cry, child."

The sun was rising, casting heat upon the cold body of venorik. His fire was diminished, small glowing embers stirring from a small amount of wind left in place of the blazing fire he had set up the past night. He saw Kerath standing in the entrance of the cave, and his confusion was calmed by Qee'lakstreea in explaining that he had arrived not that long ago. " you are early." he says, just loud enough for his friend to hear." i thought it would have taken you a bit longer...." A smirk winds across his lips, thinking of the business that had kept Kerath from leaving at the same time he had. " our destination is right over there." here tells Kerath, pointing towards the barely visable buildings they could see from their elevation. " i am not sure how long it will take to find this Mina, but with both of us it should not take long. We should survey the area a little more, maybe only for today, but it is not wise to go without the most knowledge that is possible of attaining. then we move into the city. We should look for ourselves first, i would like to keep away from questioning people as much as we can..." He walks back, rolling up his sleeping cloth. " how do you wish to go about it.?"

Anonymous

Dammar's scythes beat against the loonshit. Harks prick in curiosity of what's going on inside. He decides to wander in a find out. In protection, he transforms his equine bodice into a wolf. Then he goes in. Slowly, his framework slips undetected into the building. Rondures glance around the room. Strange group... he ponders. <I>Then again, I'm no plainer.

He sits in a corner, watching others drift by. Eventually someone will notice him no doubt. Golden rondures examine the beasts. Starless beast rests his frontmost pads upon the flooring and he lays down.

Hmm... I wonder when they'll notice. He begins panting as others brush by him.

Anonymous

From a shadowed alley across from the Dread Army headquarters a slender form watched. It was leaning against a building with smoke trailing from it's head, watching with bloodshot eyes so blue they were almost black. A spark of orange lit up within the cloud of smoke and more wisps of smoke raced from the larger shadow. The dimming orange light was flicked away and the shadow shifted, pressing a hand against the wall and looking closer at the building.

The last five nights of sleeplessness played merry hell with Hyacinthe's eyesight, blurring and fuzzing everything and making his eyes burn. He closed his eyes, tapping his fingers against the wall five times and opened them again. They still burned, still blurry - damn them. He'd have to get closer to the building if he wanted to see anything.

The Weeping Maiden told him to come to this place six days ago, in the evening after he woke up in that wrecked carriage. The place where an army was growing, one that was planning a strike against one of villages and it's sandcastle. He heard a few snippets about the army the day before the Maiden ordered him there. It interested him then, and when the Maiden gave her go ahead he wasted no time traveling to the village. He might have gotten there sooner if he knew the way beforehand.

That was the past though, he was here now. The building was in sight.

He stepped out of the alley, the sun sending a few faint glimmers across his matted hair, which was dark slate at the tips and a metallic silver-blue at the roots. His left hand, the good hand, rested on the bullwhip hanging from his worn leather belt. He wore a thin, grey turtleneck sweater without sleeves; baggy tan pants tied at the ankles with twine and dark shoes that were falling apart at the seams and flapped a bit as he walked. His skin had a very slight tan to it. Both arms were laced with old scars from whip lashes and a very fine scar was scratched onto the left side of his face, which didn't have the typical look one might imagine a street urchin to have. Though, nature doesn't hoarde beauty for the priveledged alone...

Hyacinthe slowed some when a creature - a horse - paced by him towards the building. Horses unsettled him, They kept horses. He closed his eyes another moment, still walking. When he opened them again there was some... big thing standing in front of him. He couldn't tell how close it was, but he could see the thing's tail. Was it a statue? It wasn't moving... He took a step back, still watching the big-tailed-thing.

Anonymous

*OOC* ok um..lol...the last post by Kerath might look slightly odd. It was mine. i was at his house and forgot to log into my name. So yeah..its mine.

Anonymous

The dawn had just began as Kerath heard a faint noise behind him.  He instinctively began to turn around, his blades spiraling down half an inch before he heard Venorik's voice and remembered the drow lying next to the remnants of a fire.

"You are early," he heard Venorik remark as he turned the rest of the way around, his blades now back to their proper places on his arms.  "My business went better than expected," Kerath replied at Venorik's next statement.  "And do not worry.  The remnants of the corpses have been properly desposed of.  Even if their families suspect it was me who caused them to go missing, they will have no proof to warrent a search for us."

Kerath had expected it to take several days to assasinate all the seven Drow inconspiculously enough not to get caught with a number of collateral bodies to deal with.  Surprisingly though, he had been able to do it in just a matter of about six hours.  The purpose for these assasinations was to end once and for all Kerath's powerful enemies within Lith'Myathar.  All but one of those "taken care of" were noble sons and daughters of various  houses.  The last being a common housless thief who had crossed Kerath's path one too many times.

He looked down to the barely visible city far below as Venorik told him of his plans for finding the leader of the Dread Army."It should not be to difficult to locate this Mina.  Leaders of such private armies usually make it easy for themselves to be found.  Convincing her that we wish to be allies before we have to fight our way out of execution is what will be the hard part.  I think we should be careful as  you say though. We will want to know just how well defended the leader will be, and if we will be able to get an audience at all."  Kerath didn't fear that he would be killed.  He doubted any of these surface dwellers could best him, especially with Venorik at his side.  He only hoped that he would not be forced to kill anyone in a potentially lucrative and fulfilling organization.

Anonymous

The glint of the sun lit up the dragon into all sorts of colourful, fiery hues. From a bird's point of view (provided it wasn't colour-blind and was flying rather close-by), it would pick out burnished gold, lustrous red, cold grey, and more. She was flying quite high, no more than a rather large bird to the, what looked like specks to her, below, but not too high, as she wasn't sure if Feyda could manage the art of breathing at certain altitudes. She tilted, draconic head sliding to look down at the village, before she came to a decision. Not worrying one bit about Feyda, hell, the demon'd probably enjoy the plunge, she trimmed her wings to a half-furled position, and imediately sank into the rushing embrace of the air. Tail whipped out behind, as it was inclined to do, as she descended, almost like a hawk after prey, only she wasn't a hawk.

When she was about halfway down (she had been a ways up, after all), she slowly tightened the membrane, inching her wings up to slow her descend a titch, before back-flapping a bit to slow the dive, and then unfolded her forearms (which, incidentally, doubled as the wings which kept her aloft), causing her to shoot off, as she was still going at a rather fast-paced speed. Circling around, so as to not lose site of her objective, she dove again, only kept more control of her pace this time. Eventually, she hit a good height to look for a place around the Dread Army headquarters with enough space to land, luckily for her, there seemed to be one right outside. How handy. Lining up with the street now, she went down a little more, before catching her hind legs beneath her, flaring her wings a little, and making what simply must have been the most graceful landing in the whole wide world (no, that isn't biased, not at all). Her wings folded to her forearm as she stood properly now, with all four sturdily planted on the ground, the framework of the wing surpassing what might have been her elbow, if she was human, and shooting up tp pass what would have been her withers, had she been a horse, but what we all should call something along the lines of highest-point in the shoulder/base of the neck or, very plainly 'that thing.

After a brief survey of the area, glancing over what was to be seen, she crouched low to allow her friend, Feyda, to properly jump off.

"Well, we're here."

Anonymous

It's amazing how Latira went through the whole diving and landing process without really noticing Feyda's little escapade. When the dragon began her rapid decent, Feyda simply let go. She fell idle for a brief moment before the base of Latira's tail whizzed by her face. That's about the time she decided to reopen her eyes and reach out to grab ahold of the end of the tail. Feyda definately crossed the line of thrillseeker. When the decent was slowed a bit, Feyda took her time to crawl back toward's her dragon companion's head. Finally on ground and Feyda is just barely halfway back up her back. Latira crouched down and Feyda responed by leaping up into a graceful frontflip to land on the dragon's head. She stuck out her arms as if she were an acrobat in a three ring circus and took in a deep breath.
"WOO!! What a rush!!" She hollared out after the deep breath. Oh yes, she was having fun already.

Anonymous

Once again venorik realizes how glad he is that he had brought Krath back into this plane, out of the clutches of Lolth. Their first battle together plays through his mind once again, the slaying of a renegade balor, the reason lolth had allowed the conjuring. He chuckles to himself as he remembers Kerath's face when Qee'laakstreea's wings sprouted from him. How he has brutally sliced a dp cut into the demon's throat,  a wide enough gap for Kerath to fit hit blades-turned-whips,allowing the fighter to saw the tanar'ri's head from it's shoulders. He comes back to his own time, looking out into the expanse laid out in front of him that was the surface. Suddenly Qee'lakstreea's voice sounds in his head. " i feel others, a growing power in the village, almost spiritual. I doubt we have the luxury of the extra time needed to survey the surrounding area and still make a proper entrance into the army. The sooner we get there, the higher ranks we shall have and more respect shall be given to us without a diplay of our prowess." After thinking for a second, venorik decides that the tanar'ri is correct, as always. " relay the same exact message to Kerath." he tells his swords through their telepathic link.

The ex-weapons master removes his cloak, setting it beside his open pack. " best to be as prepared as possible." he repeats aloud, pulling his case of daggers from the roth hide bag and pulling them out one by one, inspecting, as he always did, the fine craftsmanship of the head smith of house Vharzyym. After coming to his usual conclusion, that they wer no less than perfect, he starts sliding them into their places on the leather wrist and ankle bands strapped onto his body. After all four were filled up to their maximum capacity of seven each, he ties the top of his pack back together and slides his cloak back over his head to fit around his body once more. He feels hunger in himself as h starts to stand, and kneels back down and moves his powerful haands through the pack again, pulling out two wrapped objects. He unwraps one of them, revealing some kind skinned animal leg, most likely that of a baby roth.Putting it up to one of his blades, he smiles as it speadily cooks under the flames erupting from his blads, the deadly extent of Qee'lakstreea's being." Kerath." he says as he tosses it to his friend, knowing well he will catch it. He does the same to the other, then slides the swords back into where they came.He delights in the taste, spices added onto the meat by the great cooks of his house's kitchen."Vharzyym special, just stole it from our house last night." he says jokingly as he re-ties his pack and walk toward the cave's exit.

" I assure you, we will have an audience." he tells Kerath in his smirk as he walks out towards the village.

Anonymous

Kerath caught the rothe leg that Venorik through him and was glad that the former weapons master had taken the time to steal such fine food from the kitchens before he left.  Yes, there already had waybread in his small pack to eat, but Kerath had learned long ago to never eat bread when you could have meat.  A warrior's body needed fuel, and there was no fuel finer than the lean, fulfilling meat of one of the underdark's equivalent of livestock.

The assasin thought about what Qee'Lakstreea had told him about them not having time to scout out the area.  He had learned to trust the demon's suggestions but could not say that he agreed in this case.  To Kerath, ever the pragmatic killer, you never rushed in blindly to a potentially dangerous situation.  He could fight his way through a thousand warriors if he was prepared to do so, but even one well placed bolt from a concealed crossbow could kill him, and there would likely be slightly more than one trained on him when they walked into that village.  Kerath had been dead once before... he had no desire to do it again any time soon.

He kept these thoughts to himself though as he took another bite of the seasoned rothe leg and followed Venorik down the rocky trail towards the village.

Goldie

Crossing his arms across his chest he turned and left the building, stepping into the sunlight which made his teeth hurt.  Light...bah, how he hated it.  Turning slightly, he walked to the shadow the building made across the road and leaned against the wooden side, in the shade of course.  Here he was closer to his minions...the Shadow's from the Darkened Realm.  Demon shadows, mass of shadows, it did not matter.  They were his to control, to shape, and to teach.

iSshmallss yikaccia sssey msssivtach na he called under his breath in the language of the shadows.  It was about time that they reported back to him on their findings about his darling sister.  She had evaded him for a long time now, but she could not hide forever.  If she stayed in her "Safe Haven" of the Spirit World her body would deteriorate until only her spirit was left to wander forever, hoplessly through the world as a ghost...of course he could only hope that she would be that careless.  It would make things so much easier if she were to conviniantly die.  Then he could retrieve the amulet without a fight.

A dark mass immerged from the walls, two flaming red eyes stared at their master.  It was the first time in months that they had been called, and they were eager to portray the information that they knew.

"How is she?" the Master asked casually, like he was talking to an old friend.

Sshe wass lasst sseen in the mountainsssss, Massster the hissing voice replied from a small, akward slit that appeared in its mass to form a crude mouth.  Sssshe hid with the Ssssspiritssss...but now ssshe hassss left.  We are trackingsss her.

Siyavash nodded and waved his hand, dismissing the Shadow.  So, he had just recently left her haven?  Well that would make things easy.  If only he could go and meet her the moment she is found....but he had his obligation to the army...a blood obligation that he could not break.

"Damned oaths" he muttered.

Anonymous

The Lizard was very patient.  It sat there, on the wall of the cave, it's skin blended with the color of the rock, observing the events taking place. Master will be very pleased, he thinks to himself. He is confused about the apparent kindness being given mutually between the two drow. Then he saw them. The blads his master had told him to look for, confirmation. The blades of the destroyer. Excitement ran through his cold blooded body, something he had not felt in a long time. After all this time, they had found him. He skittered sideways, toward the exit of the cave, winding upwards to the roof, then moving up the lip to be right side up again, above the cave. It wasn't that far to go, and the excitement only made him go faster. His tail flew back and forth as he zoomed across  the mountain terrain to his cave.

Finally he was there, jumping over a rock and entering a cave very similar to the one he had just left. He jumps again, onto the red robe, climbing up it to rest on his master's shoulder." it is him! the destroyer!" he says through the telepathic communication they shared. He could communicate with no other, only his master." i saw them!"

A large smirk grew across his face." well done, Silinrul."he says  to his familiar.He had finally found the destroyer. He had spent a great portion of his life striving to one day see this moment. The one who had destroyed his house, his life, nearly four hundred years ago, was so close. He had no doubt his enemy had become stronger, but so had he. He had come to know power that not even the destroyer could fathom, he always tells himself. He rubs the plain hilts of his hooked blades, admiring his works of art he had formed in his personal black ceremony. Curved blades, with the ends hooked backwards, a straight hook, like lightning, which would fit perfectly into a skull, or rip open an obdomen to allow the clean harvest of organs.

He had been blessed by lolth, given the abilities to become the conduit of dark energy that he  was- a dark weaver, and a high class one at that, able to weild both blade and the arcane with precision. His red robe flowed behind him as he walks to the cave entrance just in time to see the two drow leave, their obvious destination being the village he had seen the past few nights. He stares at the far away form of the leading one, answering his question as to which one was the destroyer.

" I have finally found you, Kaldin."