Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

.dreaded.ressurection.

Started by Rhindeer, December 29, 2004, 02:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

He was glad that Kerath offered no arguement about not surveying the area. It was a large place that would take days to cover, even with both of them working together. Respect was an important thing to him, and in an organization such as the one they were going to newcomers got the least of it. It was a littl tricky, moving across the surface, but he quickly got the hang of it and moved with the same precision he always did, the movement of a being that had been fighting for the better part of almost eight hundred years. He considers something, then stop and turns to look upon his companion. " pull your hood over your head now. lets see their faces when we pull them back to reveal two dark elves." They were coming close now, and details of the village could be clearly made out. A smirk tugged on his lips.

They were very close to the village now. A minute or two of walking and they would enter. "lets go." he tells Kerath. " stay alert, but keep weapon still, Qee'lakstreea will more than know if any actions are to be taken against us.He takes a second to consider what they will do when they meet this Mina, then starts off again." search." he tells his blades." you are likely to find it before us." As he walks into the village he looks around rapidly as he walks, looking for any clue that would tell him where Mina is. He assumes he is looking for a female, but you never truly know with these surface dwellers before you meet them. He continues picking his way through the village. It shouldn't be long before they stumble upon their destination.....or maybe their destination would stumble upon them.

( damn login >_< lol)

Anonymous

Kerath pulled low the cowl of his rarely used hood as they neared the village.  Venorik seemed to have confidence that they would not be ambushed and that somewhat relaxed him, but Kerath had made for himself a shield of paranoia (quite on purpose) and always assumed an ambush, even in the relative safety of his own bedchambers.  He would act as the almost overly suspicious eyes and ears of the duo. " Venorik might be at ease with this place," he thought to himself.  "But I'm not."

Having your heart cut out by your own sister while you watch it's last dying beats has that kind of effect on a person.

Anonymous

Qee'lakstreea sensed Kerath's uneasiness, something venorik expected. Kerath was always alert, something he had let diminish slightly with his blades' unmatched prowess in detecting any form of danger before it happens. The surface was still very unfamiliar to him, most likely moreso for Kerath, but not enough to give him any disadvantage in combat, though it certainly made the hunt slower. H felt something about, strange, but not pertaining to the village.Something he had not felt since....he pushes the nonsense from his mind. The surface was slightly disrupting his normal senses, he figures,and shouldn't take long to adjust.

After about  half an hour of walking, he sees a man that looks...odd to say the least. Many peices of jewelry adorned his form. Qee'lakstreea seconded his decision, and he stopped and turned to Kerath, motioning to him in the drow hand code that he meant to question this one. A smirk tugs his lips as the points of Qee'lakstreea slide from his sleeves, then go back up. He continues walking towards the white one, coming to stand in front of him. " greetings." he says in trained surface tongue from underneath his hood. " i am looking for informtion on the dread army. It would be wise for you to spill all that you contain." His voice carried no traces of  threatening tone, just that of  person plainly stating something that they believe to be true.

Anonymous

A thought crossed Kerath's mind as the human with the over-abundant jewelry crossed their path slightly ahead of him and Venorik.  He allowed himself to smile wickedly, knowing that the low cowl of his hood, added with the poor eyesight of most humans, would keep the man from seeing.

"He has no companions," he signaled back to Venorik in the hand code.  "There is no one to see."  His smile almost took in his ears.  "Let me kill him when we are through with him."

Afterall... Kerath Vharzyym had not shed blood in over a day.

Rhindeer

[*finally gets to posting* XD Sorry it took me so bloody long! I was actually lost here for a while on what to do...but Ivv-poo gave me a good idea to compensate for Mina's sudden vanishing and stuff...]

Outside, it unnerved Nakaris that he couldn't hear Vai's voice and that, when he had looked toward the one other personâ€"or rather, demonâ€"that Vai had always seemed so fascinated with, Xurlaq, she was not near him, either. In fact, there were no signs to show she had even been here at all, no small footprints in the dust...nothing.

No signs at all...

But Nakaris was not one to succumb to panic without further reason to, and besides...it did no good. Keeping a clear head was more efficient. And besides, how many people walked this path? And there was a slight breeze today, as well. It would be really easy for tracks to be covered...chances were, this was just another instance of him going into Overprotective Father modeâ€"though, really, who could blame him, given the nature of this village?

Vai liked flowers. Knowing her, she was probably off picking some, which was harmless enough, though at her age he didn't like the idea of her wandering off alone like that, and if anyone so much as touched her...it...just wouldn't be a pretty situation.

But, just as he started off through the village, to that place where the flowers Vai loved grew, two men stopped him, men of a race he'd seen before, but only in passing. Not that it really mattered. All manner of strange beings flocked to this village, so their appearance hardly struck him as odd. Little surprised him anymore, with what he'd seen, and done, in the past three years. Still, his reply was curt, as he was sort of on a "mission", and he didn't mind the man's demand, nor the way his apparent companion signaled to him. Didn't mind it, though it didn't mean  he was any less wary or suspicious, even if it didn't show; he was confident in his own abilities, and if these men were planning something against the army, such news would not be dealt with lightly.

"I'm Nakaris, sub-Commander of th' Dread Army," he introduced briefly. "Army headquarters are o'er there. You'll find Mina, our Commander, within. Report t' her if yer interested, sign th' parchment, an' you'll be filled in on our objective."

[grah...I...can't...write...today... *bangs head on desk*]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Venorik turns his head and smirks at Kerath. " i thought it would have been harder to find." he say to Nakaris, slightly sighing. He was almost disappointed that it was so easy, but refrained from saying anything about it. Even power should be wisely hidden when poised to strike, for then the victory shall be complete, and all the sweeter. He sizes up the sub commander just by the fact that he was not nervous, nodding before starting off towards the headquarters. His cloak flowing behind him, he slowly opened the door. So they would finally meet the mina they had heard was feared across the surface realm. Qee'lakstreea was alert, so the drow readily walked inside, observing the surroundings...Mina was nowhere to be found. He shrugs at Kerath, then walks to the middle of the room they were in, searching for the parchment." we should sign up nonetheless." he tells his companion in the drow tongue, scooping the paper into his hand and a quill from his pack. He dips the tip into his open jar of ink, signing his name, Venorik Vharzyym, then drops  the pen. It floats back up, moving on top of the parchment once more, then connects with it, clearly signing the name Qee'lakstreea. He picks it up once more, moving out of the way and handing the quill to Kerath.

"I have an idea" he would say to Kerath in drow as his friend signed up. " we could use some kobolds." A smirk would cross his lips slowly, then he would move back outside, signaling for Kerath to follow. He catches Nakaris again and smirks. " i am going for reinforcements." he says, then continues moving down the street, stopping about fifty feet from the headquarters. " i will be back shortly." he tells Kerath, then turns. Qee'lakstreea slides out into his grasp. He clenches his teeth, moving the blades in a circle in front of him. Long distnce portals were much harder to open than short distance ones. The darkest blackness imginable followed the path of the two swords. He moved them slowly, a low growl escaping. Moving a horde through it complicated it tenfold. Finally the two blades meet, completing the black oval. The power it held could be felt just being in it's presence." Make sure nobody comes close to it." he tells Kerath.

Venorik walks forwars, keeping his mind centered on keeping the portal pure. A small chill is felt throughout his body as he steps through, coming out on the inside of giant gates. He switched his sight to the heat spectrum. Lith My'thar loomed before him.

Anonymous

Kerath kept his gaze on the overly-guilded man as he stepped into teh building behind Venorik.  Whether by accident or design, the leader of the dread army was not present, though the parchment they would sign their "loyalty" on was set in the center of the room.  Venorik took out a quill and ink and signed his name, Qee'Lakstreea doing te same, albit telekineticly.

When Venorik was done, he moved up to the table and, in the written common language, signed his name.  When the former weapons master made his portal to Lith'Myathar to herd some kobald fodder, he moved to the open door to watch for his return;  And to make sure no one was foolish enough to go near his "doorway."

Anonymous

Xurlaq finally came to and snapped out of his daze. He shook his head a bit and slumped down onto the ground.
"So, Doji had more than one abomination with that bastard Angel. She has corrupted herself as a demon. I am shamed to share the same blood as such filth. Nonetheless, I need to find Doji." The large demon notes to himself with his monsterously deep voice. If there was anything he hated more in this world, it would have to be angels.

Tesri couldn't help but notice the two Drow, speak with the orange haired man who declared himself as the Sub-commander of the Dread Army.  Though, when he pointed the two towards the 'Commander', Tesri became a bit confused.
"You say the Commander is in that building just behind you, but I do not sense any other presence within that building, aside from the two Drow that just entered. Is there a reason why you would trick them to enter an empty building, or is there something that you have yet to know?" Tesri explains his confusion to the Sub-Commander. Perhaps he would have the mind enough to help clear his confusion.

Goldie

Siyavash let out a low chuckle as the angel/demon voiced his open confusion.  Who was stupid enough to question the sub-commander of the Dread army?  It was amusing how little sense people had now.  Sensing abilities or not.

"Perhaps there are some things that your delicate senses cannot trace?"  The Shadow Master retored from his position leaning against the side of the building, arms crossed over his chest.  "Did it ever occur to you that the Commander of this army might have some certain protections to keep people from sensing her?  Or everyone who senses are just as dense as you?"

His lips twisted into a mocking grin.  It had been a long time since he had be genuinly amused, that much he gave credit to the creature before him.

Anonymous

It was easy to get past the gaurds. Whether they were ordered to keep him out or not due to him forsaking the place with no mention and taking Kerath along, he could not be sure, but one thing he was sure of was the fact that they feared him, as well they should. He had trained them all personally, every member of the house Vharzyym army and the elite Vharzyym gaurd. They had seen what happened to any who ever opposed Venorik, and would go pale at the thought of ever having to be on the receiving side of Qee'lakstreea. It was the same with the Kobold slaves that were held in the Vharzyym complex, some for actual slave work around the area, but most as fodder for battles. Kobolds are weak creatures, no true prowess in any form of battle, but able to act as a distraction and as a living sheild for drow attacks. House Vharzyym had over four thousand of the creatures, none of his former house members would even notice some missing. The small, lizard-like humanoids saw him and just stared, waiting for an order, for they knew who he was. Everybody in Lith My'athar knew of the deadly weapons master, and had seen his fury on several occasions when  lower houses were foolish enough to attack the first house of the prosperous drow city. He counted out what he thought to be an adequate amount, one that would go unnoticed to the matron. He thought for a minute, then ran into the complex. He had something to pick up from his quarters, but he had to hurry...every second he kept the portal open was taking a toll on Qee'lakstreea. Some were shocked to see the weapons master back in the complex, but he didn't stop to regaurd any of his students.  Lolth's gift was as of yet unused, and he thought this to be the perfect time to change that. He finally reached his room, going into his secret hall of worship he had carved himself. He walked to the end, picking it off of it's mount. He removed his cloak and started attaching the peices to his body until it was complete. He stood up, admiring the abyssal craftsmanship. He felt power within the armor that now adorned his form.   It had been made custom for his....abilities, with two openings in the back.The armor of the destroyer, the hand of Lolth. He put his cloak back on over it,and nobody would be able to tell he was wearing it underneath the think and loose material.

Venorik steps through the portal, back out into the streets of the village, taking  deep breath of surface air. He walks further out, smirks at Kerath, then turns back to the portal as the first creatures come through. They file out in ranks of five, marching out, scaled feet feeling the ground of the surface for the first time. The portal closed behind them after all of the hundred and twenty kobolds venorik had herded were onto the street."stay." he commands them in the drow tongue. He strolls back over to Nakris, eyeing the beings that were now around him. " reinforcements, sir." his says in a chuckle, motioning towards the hundred and twenty lizard like humanoids. " weak creatures, but they serve as great fodder. He turns, going back to the kobolds. " make camp right outside of the village." he tells them in drow. " and you all know i will be watching, and any who try to escape will beg for death by the end." he smirks,moving to stand by Kerath once more, then removed his hood, assuming that his friend would do the same. A laugh escapes him again and he turns to the drow." this should be fun."

Anonymous

The light.  Only once before had Kerath witnessed such agonizing light as the noonday sun, when, as part of his torture at the hand of the lady Lolth, great beams of light had been shot into his eyes, through eyelids torn off and eaten by demons.  The sun stared down at him then, mocking him and his underdark heritage, as only a terrible god could do.  "I will have my revenge on you," he thought as he looked up to the burning ball of fire almost directly above him.  "Somehow, you, and all of the others who have similarly mocked my greatness, shall feel my wrath...  Somehow."  

The warrior was aroused from his internal shows of hatred as Venorik walked out of the portal, followed by over one hundred kolbold slaves.  "We walk a fine line my friend.  Between my genocide and your stealing, it's a wonder the whole city is not hunting after us,"  he remarked in the drow tounge as the former weapons master came to stand beside him.

"But I have to admit... It will feel good to be ordering fools to their deaths once again,"  Kerath said with a grin as he pulled back his hood.

Anonymous

The next thing the dragon found, was an extra weight on her head. Knowing it was Feyda, she didn't really mind. She looked towards what she assumed to be the Dread Army headquarters, and paused briefly in wonder that none had actually paid a dragon notice. What, was she invisible or something? This certainly was not she had expected to be greeted by, and decided that, if she was indeed invisible, they wouldn't mind if she moved closer. The street had proved to be wider than she had originally guestimated, and she was at least a few stride away, well, three of her strides, whose length could be guessed at by her larger-than-some-of-these-buildings body.

Her tail twitched slightly, like a cat's when it is mildly irritated or when attention is shafted onto, what she deamed, a clearly inferior lifeform. She took a few steps towards the entrance, and then stopped, deciding to converse with the demon on her head.

"Perhaps we should be flying more often?"

Anonymous

Ramiel's face twisted a bit into its own sort of confusion as he listened to Tesri adress the sub-commander. There was a mixture of confusion in his face, a bit from everything about this place. Possibly why he was really here to begin with. If the beings in this place were to be trusted with such ease. It was all taken back into the darkness of his mind as his eyebrow twitched slightly. There was an emptiness in that room they had been directed to, no sense of any significant life.

A click in his mind shot his senses off, reverting him to look around himself with a rather shocked expression on his face. A familiar being could only send him off on that kind of head-twisting alertness. But it wasn't here. It wasn't even close. Gritting his teeth a bit, he face became placid as that sub-commander made his response.

The Fallen Angel knew that he was more than not welcomed here, it was evident. More than likely, he didn't have the right to even speak his mind. But there was nothing for him to live for. This was all to get back at those within that damned castle of Serendipity. Speaking out and getting punished didn't phase him. It wasn't like they'd be able to keep him here. Even if they gave their best effort to, he'd get out one way or another.

For a moment, he placed a hand on Tesri's shoulder and gazed at the sub-cmmander. His eyes were empty as always, cold and heartless. There was nothing he feared anymore. Well, nothing . . . other than one thing; his opposite. Shaking it from his mind, he spoke in that cold, near silent voice of his.

"My friend here is right . . ." he started out. "There's no significant being in that chamber. Check for yourself if you must." Ramiel motioned his head toward the door. He knew that his suggestion of such was questionable, he wasn't known here. But he wasn't going to lie.

Anonymous

" that it will." Venorik tells his friend jokingly. " and i would't doubt it if the city was looking after us, but they would be reluctant indeed. But it didn't look like any extensive search was happening while i was there, all the gaurd posts seemed normal." He watches as the hoarde of kobolds filed out of the street and to the exit of the village. He was sure that none of them would dessert, for he had given them quite an incentive to stay: they would get to keep their life, for now. The armor he was wearing was more comfortable than any he had yet to encounter, and it was no suprise, for it had been made for him at the same time as the forging of Qee'lakstreea, but he had never been fond of armor, and never thought he would need it until now. Even with the kobolds, himself and Kerath, and the other creatures in the army, he is still convinced they will be hard pressed to defeat serendipity. He always thought that way when facing a large force, and it is how he always left victorious. Yet, when fighting a single, or even aa small group, of opponents, he did not doubt he would show them the true way to weild power.

His face contorts as Qee'lakstreea senses something past the realm of odd. He knew what he sensed, but could not truly believe it. He would not tell of what he thought until he was sure...maybe something about the surface was throwing his abilities off. Venorik felt it, then saw something. He looks to the side in time to see something move around a corner, and Qee'lakstreea's wronged feelings were felt in his mind, though he knew not the purpose. He chased after, compelled by both his blades and his own curiosity. When he turned the corner, nothing was there. He was caught in confusion and stood there for a minute before going back to Kerath. Qee'lakstreea told him of what he felt...and Venorik's eyes went wide. It could't be. He felt, as Qee'lakstreea, that underdark distinctions were different up here, and he pushed it out of his mind. " Lith My'athar may be chasing us after all." he says plainly. " Qee'lakstreea felt another drow."

Anonymous

Balkin was lost in the excitement of it all. He followed about a half an hour behind the two drow, Silinrul on his shoulder. He couldn't believe that he finally found the destroyer. He had finally traced the elusive killer into Lith My'athar, just to find he had recently left. He had thought his journey at an end, then had to travel up to the hated surface. They at last came upon the city, not long after his prey had. He followed the tracks of Kaldin and his friend, coming aat last upon them. And the destroyer was opening a portal. His eyes went wide with shock. He had been informed that Kaldin was a fighter. He knew he was  fighter, for he had the position of weapons master at his lst residence. But the portal with he saw before him was of high magic, he was not even trained in that level of interdimensional travel. He sent Silinrul into the building he knew the two had recently entered, the chameleon running in wilingly. It cme out after a few minutes, buzzing with joy, It had found interesting information. " an army, eh?" he asked his familiar with interest. Then Kaldin returned from the portal, and behind him....his eyes went wider than before. A troupe of kobolds! he must be highly crafted in magic to bring something that large though. He almost considered turning back. He moved in closer, trying to decifer the words s the destroyer spoke with his companion. Then he looked towards him. He jumped back, and heard running steps. " VITH!" he sys to himself, then pulls an animal lung from  puch on his belt. He utters the small incantation, then his form falls into a group of small spiders, crawling into a crack in the building next to him just before the destroyer rounded the corner.He could not reveal himself, not yet. After the enemy left, he came bck out and into the form of  drow. " how could i have been so careless?" he asks himself and he runs further down the streets.

Anonymous

"Another Drow?  Are you sure that it wasn't some thief hoping to pick our pockets... or some child running around playing?"  

Although Kerath had hoped that they had eluded the inevitable searching of Lith'Myathar's powerful matrons, he already knew that Venorik had been right.  In the split second that he had seen whoever was following them before it fled he had noticed the white hair and ebony skin.  Kerath didn't miss much,  even if he had only glimpsed the drow.

"It must have been a wizard or a priestess.  Even the best fighters could not have so thouroughly disappeared so quickly unless with the aid of a wizard or priestess,"  He said as he searched for any evidence of who (or what for all he knew)  had been watching them.  "In any case, we must assume that we are facing at least twenty soldiers in addition to one or more priestesses and wizards."

Kerath finished his search without finding anything other than the faint imprint of soft drow boots and looked over to Venorik.  "It seems that Vharzyym has found us afterall."

Anonymous

A thought comes to him at the mention of Vharzyym, though it had been tugging at his subconcious thoughts. " it was not of Vharzyym." he says quietly. " Qee'lakstreea would have recognized the aura of any of my students....." He wonders who else would be after him, and howw they would have followed him this far without him knowing. He decided  to deal with it if it presented itself as  threat, for he did not wish to hinder his participation in the upcoming battle.

"lets not dwell upon it." he tells Kerath. " i feel if it in truth an enemy, it will seek us out, for i doubt it has come this far to merely spy."

Anonymous

"Very well,"  he said,  looking around once more." "But i'd rather them show themselves.  I much prefer seperating an enemy's head from it's shoulders than looking over mine."

Anonymous

Hyacinthe's hand dropped to his whip when the tall creature he was staring at crouched down. It didn't make any other moves after doing so, instead muttering something to itself in an inhumanly deep timbre. Hya didn't particularly care to pay attention to it's prattling. He squeezed his eyes shut a few seconds, clearing away a little of the blurriness and heard something that caught his attention: sub-Commander of th' Dread Army.

He whirled toward the sound, seeing two cloaked figures and a red-haired man before his vision fuzzed up again. It was a little better than it had been though, now it was like the world was covered with a misty fog that blended all it's edges together. After the two cloaked figures went into the building, Hyacinthe edged toward the red-haired man, one hand resting on the outermost coil of the whip out of habit.

"Sub-Commanderrr," he greeted, drawling the 'r' at the end of the title. "My name is Hyacinthe, I vish to join you."

Anonymous

Irk, that was me, I got logged out for some strange and eldritch reason ^^''