Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Because Dead girls like me (Dreamshard!)

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2008, 09:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The sea stretched out, calm and shinning, the sun glinting off it. A delicate breeze wafted through the town, carrying the salty smells of the water with it.

A small form could be seen sticking out from a crack between several large crates. A closer look revealed it was the lower half of a girl on all fours.

Damayanti brushed a wayward strand of hair out of her face, stretching her hand out once the hair was safely tucked behind an ear, "Here kitty kitty kitty. I have a nice fish for you."

This was in fact a lie. But the golem was pretty sure the cat wouldn't know that. Or at least she hoped that. As she was hungry. And she didn't want to lose control here. And the Life in the large tomcat was very tempting.

Anonymous

Thanatos was wandering the town of Cerenis, trying to make up his mind. He had come to Cerenis almost a week ago and had spent most of his time debating whether he wanted to head out to Necromantia. He knew that he could practice his art openly there, but he wasn't so sure he really wanted to act so openly about his talents yet. After all, he wasn't doing too badly right now.

He headed towards the docks, the gentle breeze causing his dark blue locks to ripple like the waves. Usually, he would disdain the noise of the bustling crowds, but he wanted to see the ships and see if today was the day he would buy his passage to an unknown future or head back to ponder over his decision once more.

This time was a little different though. Something tickled at the edge of his magical senses, a sensation that was both familiar yet strange to him. Intrigued, he followed that little thread of sensation, seeking the source of that feeling. Then he saw the girl and his breath caught. There could be no mistake. The aura he felt from the girl was close enough to what he was familiar with. Approaching from behind, he heard her speak and marvelled at her sentience.

"I don't think it'll come." Thanatos interrupted and his quiet voice scared the cat away as it darted back into hiding. "Sorry. You're not human are you?" His question was asked without preamble, curiosity overriding caution.

Anonymous

The sudden voice behind her caused Damayanti to start. She shimmied out of the hole, blinking at the change in light from the darkened hole.

The girl was small and petite and quite pretty, almost angelically so. Though there was something a bit odd to her looks. She glanced up at Thanatos, tilting her head, "Of course I'm human." Then she frowned, thinking a moment, "Well, I think I'm mostly human. Though, now hat I think on it, I don't think I am all human."

She stood up then, brushing her skirt off. Her clothes were rather strange and ill fitting. And they were a mass of random patchwork and repairs.

The girls aura was so very strange. She was not a zombie or a vampire or any other type of undead. There was Life in her. She lived. Her heartbeat, her lungs took in air. But Death still clung to her. She was not fully alive. That much was very clear. Necromantic magic, though a perverted form of it, hung around her.

She suddenly thrust her hand out, "Hello. I am Damayanti." The long sleeve of her shirt covered most of the hand, just the fingers stuck out.

Anonymous

"You look human certainly. But you weren't born this way." Thanatos replied with certainty. The more he saw and studied her with his magical senses, the more he felt he wanted to learn more about her. She was certainly a thing of beauty, and he wasn't just talking about the visual aesthetics.

"Hello Damayanti. My name is Thanatos." He took her hand and shook it, marvelling at her mostly natural movements and her sentience in general. "May I meet your creator? Is he around here somewhere?" He looked around curiously, wondering if her creator would come and claim her. If he had made something like this, he certainly wouldn't leave it alone for a long period of time.

Anonymous

The girl looked puzzled for a moment, frowning slightly, "Oh, I wasn't born. I just woke up." Then she smiled, "My creator is dead."

Damayanti watched Thanatos with interest. Most people didn't talk to her like this. Like they knew what she was. It was strange. She hadn't decided if she liked it or not.

"Do you know what I am then?"

Anonymous

"Oh." Thanatos sounded a little disappointed at the reply. He would have wanted to meet the one who could do such a thing. "I know a few things about what you are. Mainly from how your aura feels." He looked around to ensure that no one was looking before sending a mental command to one of his creatures.

A small nose poked out from within the folds of his clothes and scurried onto his shoulder. It looked a bit like a rat, but its tail was bushy like a squirrel and it had wings grafted onto its back. It was also obviously dead and its fur had fallen out in clumps. "This is my friend Patches. I made him myself from the dead bodies of animals. His aura is somewhat similar to yours. That's how I knew you weren't human."

Anonymous

Damayanti tilted her head, staring intently at the rat, "He doesn't have any Life." Then she reached out, touching him lightly, "He isn't really like me though. He is just dead."

She looked a little sad then, her hand dropping. Then she frowned up at Thanatos, "I am not a zombie thank you very much." She nodded to add emphasis to her words, "I am alive. I am."

She fell silent for a moment, thinking. Then she pulled back one of the sleeves, revealing a slender, pale arm. Thick stitching wrapped around the wrist and just below the elbow. When looked at closely one could see that the arm had come from at least three different people. The skin colors were very close, but just a bit off.

"I was made from dead girls. Lots of them. But...I'm not them." She seemed to struggle for the words, then sighed. Most people got upset when they realized she wasn't like them. It was nice that this strange man wasn't scared of her. And she liked the rat.

Anonymous

"I know. He isn't like you precisely. Just...similar." Patches sniffed at her fingers like a real rat would before it scurried back into the folds of his clothes. "You're definitely not a zombie either." He was quick to reassure her since she thought it important. "I've seen zombies. They look and feel completely different." It was interesting the way Damayanti talked. She didn't sound all that mature although she obviously had a measure of sentience and intelligence.

"Now that is interesting." If Damayanti didn't object, Thanatos took hold of her arm gently and took a closer look at the stitching and the parts it was made from, at the same time probing with his magical senses. "Your creator certainly knew how to choose the parts though his stitching leaves much to be desired. Patches was made from different parts as well even though you can't see the stitches. It took me years to learn how to stitch properly."

When done inspecting the arm, he let go and seemed to study her for several more moments. She appeared to be a wandering creation with no owner and no place to go. Perhaps she would even allow him to study her. "Would you like to go somewhere more comfortable to sit down and talk? I'll like to study you if I may. You're fascinating."

Anonymous

Damayanti didn't object when he took her arm, she just watched him with her large, dark circled eyes. When he made the comment about the stitching her gaze dropped to her arm, "I guess so. I have to repair it sometimes. And it feels strange."

She then looked a little worried, "Am...was I badly made?" Damayanti was afraid of that. She was so different from everyone else. Was there some flaw in her that she couldn't over come?

The golem brightened a little at the mention of going somewhere. She loved to be surrounded by people and all the Life they had, "I would like to go somewhere. What does studying me mean? Will it hurt?" She titled her head again, watching him.

Anonymous

"Oh. You did these stitches?" Thanatos inquired with a trace of surprise. "I'll be happy to repair you if I can. I'll need to understand your construction a bit more so I don't accidentally make things worse though. And you're very well made." He reassured her again. Who knew? A construct with insecurities. "Definitely one of the best creations I've ever seen." Well, that wasn't saying much considering he hadn't seen any beyond his own, but she didn't know that and his statement was still true.

"Okay, I guess I could bring you back to the inn. You had better keep covered up though. Not everyone will be understanding of your nature." He walked towards the inn, fully expecting her to follow while he answered her question. "Well, can you feel pain?" There was so much he wanted to know about how she functioned. "I don't intend to hurt you during my study and it would mostly consist of me examining you like I was looking at your arm just now."

Anonymous

"I didn't do all the stitches. Mine are smaller then his." Damayanti was obediently following after the Necromancer. It was nice to be around someone.

"Most people get upset and call me names. And sometimes they want to set me on fire." The golem was watching looking around, taking in more of the town as they walked to the Inn. She didn't really seem fazed by the fact people had tried to burn her on more then one occasion.

At Thanatos' question she snorted, "Of course I can feel pain. I'm not dead." Which was both true and misleading, though the girl didn't mean it to be. She felt pain, and didn't really like it. But it didn't effect her the same way as a true human. She could feel the pain and register it was happening, but it didn't slow her down or incapacitate her.

One hand slid under the sleeve, running her fingers over the stitches on her wrist, "Are the stitches bad? That they need to be fixed?"

Anonymous

His fingers itched at the thought of the experimentation he wanted to do on the construct. How much pain did she actually feel? How flexible was her body? How much tension could she take before she broke? But it wasn't a good idea to rush and he didn't want to scare her away or break her by accident. Better to take things slow.

"I'm not surprised. I'll get my share of name-calling and fire-burning if people found out about Patches." Thanatos replied. And again with the insecurities. He would have to be patient with the construct. It was a good thing she was a fascinating contruct. If she had been human, he would have snapped at her. But since she wasn't, he was patient instead. "The stitches aren't bad. But they can be made better. It's like food tasting good but it can always taste better."

At the thought of food, something else occured to him. Since she wasn't exactly dead. "Do you need to eat? What type of food do you eat?"

Anonymous

The girl brightened at that, smiling happily. Despite the poor stitching, her creator had possessed good taste. The parts her had chosen were all lovely to look at. "Oh, I like food. I really like sweets. And warm things. I like it when the food is hot. It feels good."

She glanced up at him again, her expression a bit more serious now, "And Life." They way she said the word, it was clear that it was capitalized. "He didn't have enough Life when I was made. So I need to find more."

Anonymous

Thanatos mentally checked out a list of things to buy so he could cater to her needs. But when she said the last bit, he was startled enough to stop moving through the crowd and look straight at her instead. "Life." His word was a simple statement as he pondered her words and yellow eyes studied the construct again. "How do you get more Life?"

If the answer was what he thought it was going to be, Damayanti was going to be a lot more difficult to look after than he first thought. But he wasn't going to turn down the chance to study something as beautiful as her.

Anonymous

The golem gave him a look of annoyance at asking such an obvious question, "From living things. That was why I was hunting the kitty. If I don't get Life, then I lose control. And I don't really like when that happens."

The girl was a creation of beauty and elegance. The spell work on her was impressive. Her creator had had no small amount of talent. He had blended Necromancy with other magics to create a life.

Anonymous

Thanatos shrugged and began walking again. "I had to ask. How alive does what you eat have to be? Do fresh corpses give you Life, or do you have to be the one that kills and eats?" If he was going to provide her with her required diet, he had to know how far he would have to go to do so. As they reached the inn, he sent out a mental command to his little creatures to do some hunting.

He could animate the dead. But the one who had created her had given her life. Now he wanted to know how to do that as well. Before they entered the inn, he turned to her and spoke seriously. "You are truly the most beautiful creature I have ever seen. So I shall ask another question that might seem obvious, but I do wish to know the answer. Would you be willing to travel with me Damayanti, and give me the opportunity to study you in great length and detail? I'll do my best to provide for your needs and ensure you're comfortable."

Anonymous

"There is a spell I have to do. and it has to still be alive for me to take it's essence." Damayanti paused, then added, "I do eat them though." She wasn't really sure why Thanatos was asking, so he might care if she ate them or not.

At his speech, the girl actually blushed a little. She wasn't really sure why, but she liked being called beautiful, "I wouldn't mind that. I'm not really going anywhere. And it gets lonely all by myself."

Anonymous

"Delightful." For once, a smile spread across his usually stern features, and he looked cheerful instead of serious. "Just give me a few minutes to arrange for a larger room. Since I scared your meal away from you earlier, I'll get you another one as well. As long as animals are an aedequate diet, I'm sure we can get plenty of live animals to give you the Life that you need."

With that said, he pulled the girl into the inn. As was usual, the inn was bustling with life and filled with people. He moved off to make the required arrangements with the innkeeper, perhaps unwisely enough, leaving Damayanti on her on for a few minutes. Those few minutes were already enough for her to get some unwanted attention.

ooc: I'll leave the actual situation she gets into up to you.

Anonymous

Being an oddly dressed, but still pretty girl was getting Damayanti a few stares. Because of that slight aura of wrongness that most people could sense, even without magical training kept most people from trying to approach the golem as she happily studied the room.

But it was bad luck for her that not everyone there was magically disinclined. One of the people having a drink at the Inn was a mage. And it didn't take long for him to pick up on her strange aura.

The man stood, leaving his companions at the table and lurched over to the girl, sneering slightly. His dirty hand gripped Damayanti's should and he jerked her around to face him, "What 'da hell 'er you?"

The golem just gave him a puzzled look, "I'm a girl. What are you?"

The mage wasn't drunk, not yet. But he had enough alcohol in his system to make his brain fuzzy. And he wasn't a necromancer, making the golem's strange aura harder for him to read, "Why ya feel weird 'den?" His expression slowly changed from anger to lecherous, "You some sort o' doll then?"

As he spoke his hand began to wander down past Damayanti's shoulder to cup her breasts, though the golem didn't seem to take much notice of it. She did frown at his words, "I don't think I want to talk to you. Please go away."

Anonymous

Thanatos finished making his arrangements before returning to collect Damayanti. Naturally, he was scolding himself when he realised what was happening. The girl would require a lot of watching. While her creator had been brilliant in creating her, he couldn't help but wonder why said creator had neglected to teach her some practical things.

So he walked up to the drunk mage and removed his hand from his new companion. "She's with me. It would be wise if you leave the both of us alone." He told the mage icily. Drunk, lecherous and with magical talent. It really was the worst possible combination. But Thanatos was no pushover either and he stared down at the mage with hard yellow eyes. Being taller than average made it easy to do so.

Given that Thanatos had lived his entire life hiding his talent though, the mage only saw a frail-looking youth trying to intimidate him and missed the subtle aura of magical power. That, and the mage was fuzzy-headed enough not to care anyway.

"If ya know what's good fer you, you should leave." The mage snarled back, clumsily attempting to shove him aside and reach for Damayanti again. That's when Thanatos not so accidentally tripped the mage up to leave him sprawling on the floor. "Let's go Damayanti." He tugged her anxiously in the direction out of the common area up to where their rooms would be. He hoped the mage wouldn't be stupid enough to start something, or hoped that they could leave in time so it would all be forgotten.

Such forlorn hopes.