Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Because Dead girls like me (Dreamshard!)

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2008, 09:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Damayanti had stopped crying, to hurt for tears now. She didn't know what to do. She was a flawed product, meant to be human but wasn't. She wanted to be more then a simple creation.

She lacked the words, the ability to try and explain what it felt like. So she just looked up at Thanatos, her bright green eyes full of pain and fear.

"I'm sorry." She hadn't meant to upset him, but the Necromancer seemed agitated by her words. She reached out and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tight. She hide her face in Thanatos robes, trembling against him, "Do I have to go away?"

Anonymous

"No Damayanti. You don't have to go away." Thanatos reassured her, placing a hand on her shoulders. "You don't have to worry that I would chase you away. As I said, I know what it feels like. I can show you, help you and teach you as best that I can. I can only hope that will be enough."

He broke free of her hug gently to lift her head, wiping away the tear stains on the now blotchy face. A part of him was fascinated by how she could even produce tears and cry when she was unhappy. But right now, that was a small part.

"I think we should rest for now Damayanti. It's been a long day and there's plenty to do tomorrow as well." He stood up to let her have the bed and blew out the candle that had been giving them light to see by.

"Good night Damayanti." Then he went to his own bed though he didn't fall asleep immediately. He certainly had a lot of think about.

Anonymous

Damayanti wiped her face clean, trying to stop sniffling. Then she started to rummage in the pockets of her clothes before finally pulling out a small, patchwork doll that she clutched to her chest.

Then the golem crawled into the small bed next to Thanatos, ignoring the free one. She curled her small frame around the doll, squeezing it tightly to her as she snuggled into the bed.

Under the warm blanket, her skin was quite cold. Not like that of Thanatos undead creations, but it was still not that comfortable to have pressed against one in bed. And it didn't seem to take long for the girl to drift off.

Anonymous

'Typical. Pay extra for another bed and she wants to crawl in next to you.' Thanatos thought slightly grumpily. He didn't mind her cold skin that much. Most of his creations slept with him each night. He was also more used to the feel of cold flesh than warm skin. But just to make his money worthwhile, he sent some of them to rest on the extra bed.

While she slept, he spent the time thinking. There was a lot to think about. At first, he had been completely enthralled by Damayanti. She was the type of creation he dreamed of making. Something that lived, breathed and could think on its own. A sentient creature, with Life of its own, made by his own hand. He hadn't thought about a human creation though, mainly an animal companion. But the possibility...

But still, she was high maintainance. Putting aside her need to consume live creatures, her personality and insecurities required much patience and tact. A gentleness and reassurance that he might not always be able to provide. He knew his wonder and amazement gave him more patience than usual, but even that would run out some day. He had to have a plan in place to deal with her. And there was the constant danger of being eaten.

One day at a time. That was all he could do. With that, he drifted off to sleep with an order for his creatures to wake him in the event of anything suspicious or when day first dawned.

Luckily, nothing happened and he woke up to a quiet morning. Quietly leaving the bed and attempting not to wake her, he went through his morning routines.

Anonymous

Damayanti was a little bit of a bed hog. She didn't so much spread out as she kept cuddling closer in her sleep, slowly pushing Thanatos to the edge of the bed.

When light began to filter into the room, she stirred, her body giving a small jerk as she rather suddenly came awake. The golem sat up, her curly hair a tangled mess around her head, sticking out in strange directions.

Rubbing her dark circled eyes with one hand, she gave a long stretch with her other arm. Then she turned to Thanatos, "Good morning."

Anonymous

It was unusual sharing a bed with another...person if such she could be called. By the time Thanatos woke up, he was already close to falling off the bed. Next time, he would definitely insist that she sleep on her own.

Having woken up before the sun had risen, he had already had a quick wash and changed into a clean set of clothes by the time Damayanti was awake.

"Good morning Damayanti." He greeted, marvelling at the fact that she even had dark circles. How much of a normal human's function had she been imbued with? It really was incredible.

"Do you want to clean up? The washroom is ready for use. After that, I think we can head to the marketplace to buy some of that livestock. Also, do you have a change of clothes? I could buy you a few new sets for travelling as well."

Anonymous

The golem blinked at him, stretching again, "Are you supposed to change clothes?" She had really only had the one dress that seemed to confuse everyone and her current outfit.

She slid her legs out of bed and padded across the room. She didn't seem at all bothered by the cold air. Though her arms and legs had goosebumps on them from the slight chill.

It wasn't long before the golem was ready to go. Or what she felt was ready. She seemed to have figured out what a brush was for, as her hair was no longer sticking out all over the place, the curls somewhat tamed. And she had pulled back on her rather unflattering and quite ugly clothes.

"We can go get food now? Because I am very hungry." She patted her stomich, "Hungry for both things."

Anonymous

"Traditionally, people do change clothes. Some people change every day. Some people change every few days. Some people change every few months. It's a personal preference I guess. Clothes get stained and dirty when you're travelling, so you usually need another set to change into while you clean your other one." He packed his belongings as he spoke to her, so by the time she emerged from the washroom, he was ready to go.

He definitely needed to get her clothes. It was such a waste for her to wear that cloth sack. But at her words, he knew what was more important. Food.

"We'll get the food now. There should be somewhere far enough from this town for you to eat before we return." Thanatos replied. A mental command and his creatures had crawled back into the folds of his clothing. Then he led her out of the room.

The entire town was slowly waking up as the sun rose further into the sky and people began to throng the streets. The market stalls were certainly open by this hour and Thanatos began to browse, looking for something suitable. Eventually, he found a stall that sold some livestock for slaughter. "Do you have any preference for a meal?" He asked Damayanti while counting out his coins. At some point, he would need to find a temporary job and earn a few more coins to sustain his travels.

Anonymous

Damayanti looked over the animals there, her expression sad, "Not really. The smarter they are...with the most personality. Those are best. Horses and pigs work better then cattle or sheep."

Then she turned to Thanatos, "Dogs and cats work well too. It's not..." She trailed off, trying to think of how to say what she meant, "It's not how big it is. It's how much Life it has in it. The younger, the better."

Then she moved away, leaning over the pen to start scratching the ears of a rather placid cow. She didn't really care what Thanatos got her to eat. As long as it was enough. She could feel the hunger at the fringes of her mind, waiting to take over.

Anonymous

"Understood." Thanatos nodded. Young and full of Life. Well, he just needed to find animals that felt completely opposite to his magical power, given he dealt in death. He started picking the animals out expertly, using both his visual and magical senses to select the most suitable ones. After all, his village had had livestock. He knew how to choose.

When done, he had a set of squealing piglets. That he gagged and bound before hefting them over his shoulder. A quick round of haggling and he counted out the coins and called Damayanti back.

"Three piglets as best as I could find. Let's find somewhere more secluded." He began to head out of town, the three piglets still on his back. He definitely kept himself in shape so he could still carry heavy weights like these.

Anonymous

"Do you want me to carry them?" Damayanti trailed after Thanatos, watching the struggling load, "And...umm...Thank you."

The golem stuck close to Thanatos, her skin slightly off colored. And her magical aura was starting to flare in odd ways. She reached out, placing on hand on a patch of Thanatos bare skin, feeling the Life there, just under the skin.

"You can't be around when I eat the first one. I'm too hungry. But if you want, I should be okay if you want to watch the other two."

Anonymous

"It's fine." Thanatos answered automatically. Then he felt her flaring aura and the touch of her skin. It was so...hungry. She certainly hadn't been kidding about the rats not being enough.

"Here, hold one first just in case. So if you think you really need to, you can have it." He handed her one of the struggling piglets and picked up his pace. Best to get this done quickly.

He used one of the main paths out of the town before going straight into the wilderness. As soon as he entered the region, he sent out his creatures to do some scouting and to keep watch. The urgency of the situation made him less fussy about security though, so he just found the nearest clearing that was reasonably far from the main paths.

"Keep the piglet gagged. We don't want its squealing alerting everyone to our position." He told her. "When you're done with the first one, you can call me and I'll bring the other two. In the meantime, I'll work on ensuring that we have some privacy."

Leaving her in the small clearing to conduct her necessary rituals, he begin ordering his creatures into a loose patrolling circle around them, told to watch out for other humans in particular. He didn't like being rushed, but one didn't always have a choice.

Anonymous

Damayanti kept the piglet clutched tightly to her chest, despite the critters thrashing. She moved into the center of the clearing, dropping the pig to the ground, one hand keeping it effortlessly pressed there.

Her pale green eyes watched Thanatos until her vanished from her sight. Then she began the ritual. After a few moments there was that same flare of strange magic that had happened with the rats.

Then her voice called out to Thanatos, "It's alright now. You can come watch now."

The piglet had been torn open, blood and entrails spread out over the clearing, splattering the girl in a few places, her face and hands smeared in blood.

The golem looked much better. Her aura was much calmer, her skin no longer off colored. But her eyes still watched the squirming piglets hungrily. She held her arms out for them, dropping them to the floor on their backs, one hand holding their binding.

For a just a moment, Damayanti's eyes went back to Thanatos, watching him with need. Then she forced her head back the piglets. She placed her palm on the piglets heads and started to murmur. It was quite, hardly audible. And in a strange language.

Magic started to build around her, strange marks appearing on the pigs flesh. The creatures stopped thrashing so hard, though there eyes still rolled with terror. Damayanti reached for the first one, pulling it closer. With one quick motion, she shoved her fingers into the creatures belly, ripping outward. The ribcage gave a wet snap and lay open.

The golem then began to eat the creatures heart. It didn't take very long before she was repeating the process on the second piglet. When she had finished, Damayanti stood, moving away from the dead piglets.

She tried to wipe her face, but as her hands were as equally gore covered, she just sort of smeared more on her face. She glanced over at Thanatos, "Did that help?"

Anonymous

This time, Thanatos didn't really have the attention required to go over every bit of her first consumption carefully. He only noticed the flare of magic, but focused on his own creatures. As long as the pigs didn't squeal, he was content not to pay attention just yet.

Then she had called and he hefted the last two piglets up and went to her. As expected, there was another gory mess on the floor. Well, his creatures would clean that up once they were done. And she didn't look like she wanted to eat him, much. He handed over the piglets and began to observe.

He memorised the words, the patterns, the buildup of magic...basically, everything that was to do with the ritual. Perhaps some library somewhere might have some information on it. Or he might encounter something like that again. His ultimate goal for Damayanti would be to remove her need to consume live creatures for Life. Perhaps...

Then Damayanti spoke and he shook his head to clear his thoughts, returning his attention to her. "Yes, that was helpful." His hand came up with another piece of cloth to wipe away the gore. "I think I'll get you a set of handkerchiefs so you can clean up properly after you're done."

He called his creatures back to begin their portion of the feast while moving himself and Damayanti away from the clearing. His creatures could scatter. The two of them would be harder to explain away.

"How long will that last you?" He queried. He had also come to a decision. "I want to head to Necromantia. The ship will probably take a while to travel there, so I'll like to know how much I should feed you so you don't need to eat much while aboard the ship."

Anonymous

"3 baby pigs....ummm...I shouldn't need to feed for awhile. Probably two or three weeks. Before I really need to feed." Damayanti had wrinkled her nose up as she thought, tapping the side of her chin.

Then she smiled up at Thanatos, "I would like some handkerchiefs. It's very hard to get all the blood off." The girl glanced down, plucking at her shirt, "I tried to keep it off my clothes."

At the necromancers declaration off their destination, Damayanti looked confused, "Necromantia? Where is that? And we get to ride a ship? I've always wanted to ride on a ship! Can I climb on the sails?"

Anonymous

"Blood is the hardest stain to remove." Thanatos replied with the voice of experience. "Besides, I think we should get you some better clothes. Your current clothes we can turn into rags you can use to wipe up the stains."

He continued to lead her out of the wilderness while his creatures finished up their feast. "Necromantia is a country that welcomes those like us, who practice the magic of death. They're a set of islands rather than on the main continent of Le’raana. That's why we'll have to sail there. There should be plenty of rats aboard the ship to help sustain you temporarily so you don't have to starve all the way there."

He smiled at her question though. "I don't think they'll let you climb on the sails. It'll be best if you don't draw too much attention to yourself though. I'm sure we can secure our passage at the port. Where we go from there will depend on what Necromantia is actually like. I've never been to the place before and the tales can be rather far from the truth."

Thanatos took out his coin purse and counted his money again, doing several mental sums. "Well, I think I can afford some clothes for you as well as passage for the both of us on the ship." His stomach growled, reminding him of a more immediate need. "And some food for myself as well." He continued wryly.

A quick thought and his creatures had scurried back to him, leaving behind nothing but a few stains. "Do you eat normal food as well? Or rather, do you need to?"

Anonymous

The golem listened intently to Thanatos explaining about the islands, though she did interrupt him to remind him that she wasn't dead. And tugged at he clothes, unsure what was wrong with them. But she was aware she didn't seem to know much about being human.

Damayanti reached down to pat a creature on the head as they returned. She really liked them. They were sewn together like her. Though they were dead. But they could still move around.

"I eat." She pouted a little, her lower lip sticking out, "I told you. I'm not a zombie. I like spicy food. Like that noodle dish they had at Reajh. With the sauce that makes my eyes water."

Anonymous

The creature accepts the petting patiently, even crawling onto her hand if she felt like it.

"Zombies eat too. The difference is what they need to eat." Thanatos replied. "That's why I was wondering if you need to eat normal food, or just have the ability to eat normal food." Now that they were nearing the town entrance, he called his creatures back into the folds of his clothing.

"Anyway, let's head to a restaurant. I'll order you some spicy food. I prefer food that's salty myself." Given they were near the sea, that was one taste that could certainly be fulfilled.

Now that the sun was really high in the sky, the town was literally bustling with activity. Thanatos had grown used to the sights since he had been here for a good part of a week. So he easily found a relatively cheap restaurant and sat down with Damayanti.

"I usually take the salted barbequed squid. What would you like? Oh, and on another matter, how does your body react to alcohol?"

Anonymous

Damayanti happily played with the small dead thing until it had to hide again, "I like to eat. And it hurts when I don't eat. Makes me tired and slow."

The golem perked up once they were back among people. She loved to be surrounded by Life. Watching people interact with each other. When they went through a particularly crowded area, Damayanti would grab onto the back to Thanatos cloak, trailing behind him. She didn't want to get separated.

At the restaurant the golem could hardly sit still, constantly turning to see what someone else was eating. She only turned back to Thanatos when he asked her a question, "Do they have spicy shrimp? I had that once. It was good.....Oooo..." Her head turned to follow a dish being taken to a table, "Or maybe that. What's that? It smells good." Then she noticed a man eating some rice dish, "Or that! What's that one?"

At Thanatos other question she paused, her nose wrinkling up in through, "Alcohol? You mean like beer? I don't know. Never had any."

Anonymous

"Then we won't start today." Thanatos decided firmly and proceeded to order juice. "That looks like sweet and sour fish. And that looks like rice with scallops and clams. I'm sure they have spicy shrimp. Since you like spicy food, I'll order you some chilli as well." He tacked on the other orders to the waiter and sent the man along.

The man was soon back with their orders, serving the juice and food. Thanatos had decided on the squid with a helping of roasted vegetables. Damayanti got her spicy shrimp and bowl of chilli.

"Tuck in. When we're done, I'll book us passage on a ship. If we're lucky, there'll be one leaving today or tomorrow. Then shopping for your clothes and some other supplies and we should be ready. Anything you want to do before we leave?"