Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What dreams may come... (private)

Started by Lion, January 30, 2008, 07:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

[I think starting a scene between Satu and her brother is the better way to go.  I'll keep Ralen busy with some kind of dream, if that's okay.]

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Satu sat content on the fluffy bed, just having finished her story. Pendulum sat beside her, his arm wrapped over her shoulder. "I see."

"Silly of me, huh? I should be like you: neither vampire nor Carpathian. Just here."

"No, that isn't something that you could handle. I think it'd be best if you continued searching for him." Satu turned her head away from her brother. "But...I don't think you have to look any farther, in all honesty."

Satu raised her brows. "Oh?"

"You know I never approved of Lomion--something was off about him. And whaddaya know he--"

"--I know. I was there."

Pendulum paused before going on. "I approve of this gentleman. And I haven't laid eyes on him yet."

"Oh? And why's that?"

"Because you're glowing. You weren't glowing like this when you'd met Lomion."

"'Glowing?' What do you mean, 'glowing?'"

Pendulum shrugged, taking off the cloak. "Dunno. Just something different about you."

"Satu nodded and laid back on the bed, hands behind her head. "Get some sleep, brother. We've got an early morning ahead of us."

Pendulum nodded and laid back beside her, talking quietly until they both fell to sleep.

Anonymous

Lion

[*Puts pistol barrel to head* I am SO sorry for this long delay!  If you feel the need to punish me, by I don't know, beatin' the crap outta me, go ahead :D. Lest I pull the trigger on myself in self punishment :(]

Ralen slept like he hadn't in years, soothingly and deeply.  It seemed that the liquor did for him what peace and silence could not and stilled his ever rushing mind.  His consciousness slipped into through a gently flowing whirlpool, slowly sinking towards the center, and, upon doing so, flowed through the soaring currents of slumber, falling deeper and deeper into the chasm of dreams.

In the background, beautiful violin music played along with several other stringed and wind instruments in the pearly white room where gleaming, silver light poured down on the dancing couple on the alabaster, marble floor.  They were the only pair to grace the dance floor and it seemed that the music played just for them only.  They twirled to the rise and fall of the violin, in tune with one another as lovers ofttimes were, and swirled together as one.

Ralen held her to him wholeheartedly, with the confidence that she was truly his and his alone.  In his arms was his bride with her veil pulled down over her face; her features were imperceptible to him but for some reason he knew that she was smiling at him beneath the thin covering.  Both were garbed in fine clothing that made them equally dashing; Ralen in a dark purple, velvet frock, black silk waistcoat, linen shirt, cotton breeches, and varnished black leather boots while his bride was clad in a dress of pure immaculate satin, sashed and embroidered in all the right places.

His soft, white-blonde head slanted down slightly to whisper into her ear, "I love you, Satu.  With all my heart."

"I love you, too, Ralen.  We'll be so happy," his bride replied.

However, there was something in her voice that made him frown.  Eyes wide with confusion, Ralen pulled back, stopping their dance.  "Satu?"  Suddenly he pulled back the veil and gasped in horror at what he saw.

The alabaster face of Madeline Marchalt.

"No!" he cried out.  "NOOO!!!"

Ralen shot up from his sleep; dream turned to a nightmare.  He found his heart knocking against his ribcage, nigh about to burst out, and his body plastered to his clothing in a deathly sweat.  "No," he mimicked in a soft whisper.  In a short burst of rage he tore the confining shirt from his body and swaggered toward the washbasin, cleansing his face with the much welcomed sanctuary of cold water.  "No...  What am I going to do?" he sobbed silently and buried his face in his hands.

~Later that morning~
Ralen stood in the center of the Merchant District, relieved only slightly to be amongst the familiar cacophony that came of shopping citizens.  Arca was pleasant during these times, but such pleasantness could only be partially enjoyed to one who was suffering in troubles of the heart.  Not that Ralen was confused about who his heart belonged to, but it disheartened him to suspect that Satu no longer loved him.  He had awakened that morning feeling almost hollow, that something was missing.

Nonetheless he persisted in his search.  Ralen had left the Lycurgus manor that morning without the slightest idea about what he was going to do except for one driving feeling.  He had cleaned himself up, equipped the basic gentleman's attire: frock coat, shirt, waistcoat, breeches, and boots, and headed out with nothing but that instinct.  He followed it to a building.  Well, a hotel to be exact, but remained unsure as to why he was there.  Something told him it was where he would find Satu and another remained unconvinced.

He listened to the latter and stopped his searching steps outside the Aredalian Suites and waited.  For what? his mind asked him.  Ralen knew he could not answer that question.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

((xD It's okay~ *huggles...and puts the pistol away* I'm just glad everything's fine!))

"Little one." Satu turned over in her sleep, pulling the covers up to her chin, snuggling down to enjoy the warmth of the bed. "Little one. Wake up." Still trying to ignore the gentle voice that hovered above her, she let a hand break free and swat at the air above her. She felt the angular cheeks of her brother.

"Go 'way," she mumbled.

"But they're onto us."

Satu flinched in her sleep. "Wh—who?"

"The keeper of the Aredalian Suites." Satu flinched again. "He's coming to get you." Satu, in an attempt to escape the innkeeper, rolled over again in her sleep, brows furrowed. "He's getting closer...closer...Oh! Goodness—is...is that a poisoned dart?"

Satu shot up from her bed, kamas suddenly in hand. "I ALREADY PAID!"

Her brother let out an uproarious howl, holding his stomach as Satu grabbed his hair. "Ow-ho-ha-how! Oh, I love doing that to you."

"Well, I don't. Don't do it again." She stood and put on her ankle boots. "Now come on. We've got to go."

"Go? Go where?"

"To another town. Aren't you ready to leave?"

The Pendulum stopped to take in his little sister, watching her as she tapped the front of her shoes onto the wall to fit them just right. "I thought you were going to test Ralen."

"I am. When I was lost and afraid, Lomion didn't come after me, yes? I couldn't even communicate with him through the mind after that. We were completely separated by then. Right?" Pendulum nodded. "If I get lost...what would...?"

The Pendulum snorted, disapproving. "You're not getting lost on my watch."

"Brother. Listen to me." The Pendulum's disapproving face softened a tad. "If I do this, I may find my lifemate. And, if not, I was able to weed another dud out. That way, I won't end up disappointed."

The Pendulum shook his head. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Just let me do it, Brother...please? It'd make me feel a lot better if I got lost."

The Pendulum and the Specter of Silence watched one another, waiting for one another to change their minds. Finally, the Pendulum nodded, lowering his eyes to the ground and shifting his feet to avoid showing his concern. Satu hugged her brother in thanks, saying nothing. The Pendulum mussed up her hair lovingly, nuzzling her every once in a while.

~*~
Satu had headed out the backside of the Aredalian Suites to avoid being detected by the innkeeper (she hadn't paid to stay there, after all), and made her way to the nearest tailor and seamstress shoppe, leaving Pendulum to do what he wished. (She'd told him she needed him not to know where she was going—kind of like a game of hide-and-seek.) She picked out a dress with all her favorite colors combined: blue, silver, and black. The dress was a delicate fabric of some sort—Satu wasn't sure what it was, exactly—that was soft to the touch. The base color of it was blue, embroidered in silver with the image of an elegant-looking flower with water droplets on its petals. The dress was adorned with black mesh in all the correct places, adding a faux royale air to it. She thanked the seamstress for helping her pick it out and paying for the dress. As Satu filled a small bag with her usual outfit, she left as soon as she was forced to place her kamas within the bag as well. She began to make her way past the Aredalian Suites...

Something, however, caused her to slow down. Her heart felt as if it were beating slower, making time for her to realize something. Suspecting danger, her eyes darted left and right until they rested on a very well dressed man standing in front of the Suites. She tilted her head upon realizing it was Ralen. Had he followed her there without her knowing last night? Maybe that's why he was there already...

She shrugged and continued on her way, keeping her eye on him the entire time. Maybe he would follow—that'd be a sign of dedication, right? Perhaps. To avoid detection (to make sure she wasn't giving him an unfair advantage to finding her), she walked amongst the hordes of people, slowly and leisurely...

((UGH. D8<))

Lion

To be completely honest with himself, Ralen really didn't have a clue as to why he was standing here, right in the middle of one of Arca's busiest districts.  He felt as if he had been called here by an unknown voice, begging him, goading him, coaxing him gently to come here.  And now that voice vanished.

Even as he stared up at the Aredelian Suites, the massive facade looking down on him like an ever threatening giant preparing to crush him and relieve him of his agony and suffering, he suddenly felt eyes on him.  Not the quick careless glances some passing people offered him but a burning of eyes into his back.  But even as his eyes darted back and forth, scanning the crowds of people, searching for the eyes that made his heart stop, he found nothing.  Nothing but the citizens of Arca.

He sighed with a huff of hope, certain more than anything that the eyes he was searching for were that of Satu's.  Was it she that led him here?  Was it her presence that called to him?  He stopped his rushing, and instead centered himself on the calling emotion withing, channeling through it to find her.  But no dice...

Forlornly, he instead made his way to the grand steps of the hotel and into the building.  Upon entering the luxurious lobby he plopped himself down on one of the chairs, feeling like nothing but a confused old beggar.

[Eh, I really know know what to do with Ralen right now so I'm just going to have him wait around the hotel lobby until Satu does what she has to do.]

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

((Okay. I'll put a road block up for Satu to keep things going. ^-^))

She bought a few more items--demure jewelry that accented her right arm and neck, making it seem as though there was nothing to hold the sparkling silver jewels onto her arm and neck--and a pair of simple black flats to go with the rest of her outfit. As she walked among the crowd, trying out her new shoes, she felt something. Rather, she heard something.

A cry.

It was soft and yearning.

She stopped in the middle of the crowd, letting those around her pass around her without a word. She listened carefully, unable to understand the words coming from this voice in her head. Closing her eyes, she found the cry was strangely comforting--not something she'd ever heard before. Reaching out to whatever it happened to be, she began singing a song in her head. Without realizing it, she was in the middle of the town square, standing on the edge of the large fountain that spouted in the center. Arms outstretched, her mouth began to pick up the song.

There was a little fact about Satu that not even her brother knew--

--she knew how to sing.

When someone a long while ago was worthy enough to hear her sing, they had mentioned her voice could sound like a sad, crying violin, a crystal glimmering in an empty chapel. Although she couldn't quite understand sounding like a crystal, she could understand why she could sound like a crying violin--normally she became very emotional when she sang, eyes normally watering only because of the beautiful sound she was producing. The happy tears and happy crying that would follow her singing would produce a special vibrato. Hence, the crying violin.

Opening her eyes, she only saw the sky above her, tears rolling down her face. She could sense so many people about her, listening, watching...but for some reason, her body still felt alone. The lonliness cloaked her like a blanket--and she didn't know why.

She continued singing, trying to find an answer as to why that one meek cry had sidetracked her so badly. Finding a way to reach out to whoever it was who cried out to her. She closed her eyes again not realizing that her body was dancing in time with the quick-hearted song.

Meanwhile, the children in the square stared in awe and pointed at who they'd dubbed "The Angel," even creating a backstory for her. She was an angel who had to sing and dance for her wings--if her God or Goddess wasn't pleased, she would be doomed to stay in the mortal world for all her days. Men and women alike stopped to watch her, whispering if she werea little off in the head, even attempting to toss a coin down at her feet in case she were just a street performer. Adolescents refrained from their chatter to listen to the beauty on the fountain, who they were nicknaming "The Fountain Maiden." Very few people who witnessed Satu kept walking. And those who found themselves able to tear away from her enchanting voice found themselves in tears, singing along.

((....Sorry, I'm listening to a song I really like and, um...>>; *ends post akwardly*))

Lion

[Interesting way to end the post.  No awkwardness that I see :)  And sorry I took so long, I just hate when I get writer's block.]

Here he was again, transforming himself into another insignificant pile of flesh and bones filled to brim with suffering and pain, wallowing in his own misery as he was wont to do so many years ago.  Ralen sat down in the lobby, letting gravity pull at his body as if in vengeance for his self-pity.  He waved away a concierge as she attempted to serve him and stayed silent, looking around the hotel like a confused and lost child.

But he could not help this, for this was what he truly felt inside.  Fear that he might lose the one he wanted, anger at the one who wanted to take him for own selfish needs, and the complete and utter confusion at being in a place without a reason.  Or at least not knowing the reason.  However, even that did not seem to comfort him.  His heart pounded in his chest like a blacksmith's hammer to a piece of molten steel and his eyes became wide and vaguely mournful.  Never had he been in a situation like this, and, to be quite frank about it, it was tearing him apart.

Resting his head inside his hands and fighting off a three-second migraine, he sigh deeply, inhaling heavily afterwards in the hopes of easing some of his mental tension.  Carefully, like a clockwork serpent, a soft noise crept into his ears.  It sounded pleasant and yearning, simultaneously.  Nonetheless, it caught Ralen's attention and caused him to perk up, interested and some how drawn to it.  It was singing, he knew it and felt it as something familiar.

He bolted from his seat and followed in the direction from which he heard it.  At first he was walking briskly, pacing himself as his heart beat faster in his chest.  But the farther he persisted and the more the singing called to him, his feet suddenly burst out into a sprint almost automatically.  It was not long before he reached a crowd of people encircling a woman from which the singing was being voiced.  Ralen stopped his mad dash just in time to peer at her.  She was dressed almost royally, completely what he wasn't expecting.  And yet as he stared at her, he soon recognized her.  "Satu..." he breathed silently to himself, he himself becoming breathless.

He peacefully made his way through the crowd and stood with one foot atop the fountain beside her and another on the floor.  He stood there silently, intaking the most beautiful site before his eyes.  He reached out and grabbed her hand, and said her name once more.  "Satu!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

((That's okay! ^-^ Trust me, I know the feeling.))

She was reaching a crescendo in her song, somehow feeling that she needed to speed up, to the beat of running footsteps. As she did so, she moved her arms and twirled along the fountain, fingertips gracefully brushing the water that ran down the fountain's side, listening to the awe in the children's voices grow as the light caught the tiny droplets of water that graced her fingers and wrist.

Before she knew it, she felt a presence beside her that she knew. However, she wasn't able to stop moving to the beat of her own song. Many of her audience members had turned to one another to glance at the odd sight of the man, whispering who he might be and the like.

A touch on her hand jolted her out of her reverie, just as she had reached a high, ending note. The note echoed through the now-silent crowd as she opened her eyes wide with a light and dainty gasp. The bright sunlight blinded her momentarily--her hand automatically went to her brow, shielding it from the sun. As her eyes adjusted, she noted the scent coming from the presence at her side.

"...Ralen." Damn it. She'd given herself away. But why was he so desperate? Was he...? "Ralen?" Her eyes adjusted to reveal Ralen's form to her.

Something caught her attention about him--there was an eloquently lovestruck air about him. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but it was like a butterfly in a garden full of blooming flowers. Complete and happy--yet knowing that without the garden, the butterfly would die.

Her jewelry glittered in the light, her shoes accented with a brand-new shine, dress flowing elegantly, causing a surreal feeling to encase her. She was never this lovely on a normal day--she usually just wore her thieving outfit, which was enough to satisfy her fashion needs, in her opinion. However...this time...

She looked about, just now noticing that she was standing atop the fountain, noticing that she had an audience. She blushed and turned her head away from them all. "F...forgive me."

Lion

"Oh, there's no need of apologies," he whispered soothingly in a voice just for her.  He helped her down from the fountain stoop, taking in the sight of her garb all at once.  It was elegant yet not unfamiliar as it was seamed with pleasant fabrics in colors that suited the wearer so well.  Her hair was professionally done and it would have seemed to the naked eye of an ordinary passerby that she was just another stuffy, every day aristocrat.  But Ralen had a keen eye and was one to trust his instincts, and knew from the swelling of love in his heart this was the girl only another Carpathian could love.  He was that Carpathian.

Yes, considering that he had only just met her a couplet of days ago, he knew in his heart that wanted to spend the rest of eternity or however long the heavens would let him breathe.  And yes, he wondered why she was dressed so elegantly for he knew that she wasn't the kind of haughtily vain woman to do so.  The only woman he knew personally to be like that was Lady Marchalt, and she was not Lady Marchalt.  And this reason alone was enough to love Satu by.

Carefully he led her through the bedazzled and stupefied crowd.  Though doing so became rather easy as people moved out of their path making room for their 'singing angel' to pass through.  All remained silent, as Ralen pulled her away from them with the loving grip one could imagine what resided in his heart.  He wore his emotions in his eyes as he gazed down at her when they were far enough away and yet all he managed was a small smile, his teeth glinting like newly polished shoes.

Finally, he mustered up the courage to speak.  "Satu, why are dressed like this?"  It was an honest question that sounded like childlike curiosity and that was exactly how Ralen intended it to come out.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She smiled, wiping away the tears that had just finished pouring from her eyes and, a light blush still adorning her high cheekbones, made her way quietly through the crowd. However, something was nagging--no, screaming--in the back of her mind that she was letting something absolutely horrible go unnoticed.

"Satu, why are you dressed like this?"

It was then she realized that Ralen was using her real name in public.

Damn it all.

She put a hand lightly to his mouth and eyed the streets, looking left and right, raising each eyebrow in suspicion as she did so. "Shh, Ralen. Try not to say my name in public. Use Jusinne. And I'm wearing it because I was going to test just how faithful you were...find a place to go away and see if you would be able to come and find me."

A random thought entered her mind as she took his hand and walked on down the road. "Do you need help getting rid of Lady Marchalt? I could possibly assign my brother to take care of her..."

(...SO short. xD Sorry, I just wana move it along.)

Lion

Ralen looked at her wondrously, as moonstruck as ever, even as she spoke.  He did not question her motives save but one, "Test me?  Why, S- I mean, Jusinne?"  Despite how dazed he was at this moment he was sensible enough to detect a strange answer when he heard one.  And his bewilderment was beginning to settle in.  Why would she need to test him?  Did she really trust him that little?  Did their night together mean nothing?

Then the answer came before he could think further on the matter.  Lady Marchalt?  What the hell did she have to do with this?  Then it came to him... the way he smelled when he first met Satu, the question about her being his wife.  Ralen was only vaguely surprised when he realized that Satu must have thought that she was his lover.  It just seemed typical that she would think that for Madeline was a vain, covetous woman and her presence made even him uneasy.  Still, he couldn't help but wonder as to how she could think he would even consider carrying on an affair with a woman he loathed.

"I want her out of my life, yes.  But I don't want her dead," he answered quietly.  "She's plaguing me like poison in my blood and I hate with my every being.  If I don't kill her I know someone will eventually, but I wouldn't want blood on your hands or your brother's.  I love you too much to let anything bad happen to you."  Love was in his eyes once again and all thoughts of Lady Marchalt or murdering her vanished.  "But," he started again.  "You never told me you had a brother."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She could tell he was a little...dumbfounded at her explaination for the new get-up. Well, of course she didn't trust him! Every male Carpathian she was going to meet, she would've done this to--that was the promise she made after making the mistake of giving Lomion her blood.

Oh, well. She didn't quite feel like explaining the whole situation to Ralen right now--besides, it seemed like he'd basically passed. He'd come straight to where she was and had traced her song all the way to her like a madman. She smiled inwardly looking back on that--she'd heard frantic footsteps long before they arrived. Who knew they were to be his? Because of these reasons, she decided not to answer his question.

The sound of Ralen trying to say that he didn't want blood on neither Satu's nor her brother's hands was a laugh. Well...maybe not so much Satu, but she did willingly give her brother the go-ahead to slaughter whoever posed a threat to her or her family. "There's already blood on his hands," she said coolly. She changed the subject as quickly as Ralen did. "I didn't tell you about him because I wasn't sure how he'd feel about you. The first time he experienced me finding...finding Lomion--" her brows furrowed for a moment "--He felt threatened. He made a promise to be by my side and I'd told him that...that with my lifemate around, he couldn't do that. It hurt him. So I don't...I don't know if he'll take too kindly to you. That's why I didn't tell you about him."

...What a backwards excuse. No matter. Leave it be and keep walking.

It took Satu a moment, but as she passed by one of the more ritzy jewelry stores, her nose burned with the scent of Lady Marchalt. She stopped a moment, pretending to trip over her own feet. "Darn these shoes...I'm not used to them yet..." She took the opportunity to tap the toes of her shoes to the ground, looking into the jewelry store. She wasn't there. Perhaps she'd been there moments before? Ah, well. Satu straightened up and continued walking with Ralen down the road.

"Did you have a particular place in mind for us to go? Or are we wanderers without a destination today?"

She took the time to realize the feeling of being watched. She glanced about the road, seeing no one of interest. Shrugging, she continued, not realizing her brother, shrouded in his cloak, was walking nearby in the cover of the buildings' shadows.

Lion

Ralen listened to her explanation about her brother and answered with a soft smile and an understanding voice.  "Well, then I was mistaken.  But nonetheless, I don't want her dead.  Not yet at least."  Ralen winked at her playfully and continued down the street, trying not to let the fact that the notoriously familiar scent of Lady Marchalt was nauseatingly close by.  He did not know of the few things Satu was keeping from him, nor would he suspect them because he knew that in his heart he was true to her, no matter what her convictions told her.  He would never lie to her and, as far as he knew, he hadn't.

Still Ralen felt his love for her overwhelm every time his eyes set upon her, causing him to smile and his eyes gleam.  Then suddenly he stopped for a moment, considering her question.  His mind was working to make a foolproof plan that would keep Lady Marchalt away from him forever and keep Satu with him.  He wanted to go somewhere, where they could be essentially 'alone,' where no one would recognize them.  "Well, Jusinne.  I don't know about you but I'm starved.  Would you like to get something to eat?"  He looked down at her and smiled with an honest gleam sparkling in his eyes.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Satu glanced up at Ralen with a playful gleam in her eye. "I've got an idea." She took his hand and quick-walked towards the nearest store, purchasing different fruits, veggies, breads and cheeses. Next, she purchased a small blanket for them both to sit on and a small bottle of cider with two dainty little cups. Armed and ready to conquer their hunger, she let him follow her quite far out of the city, into the more rural areas of Arca.

She lay down the blanket and set out the various foods, breaking the bread and holding his half out to him. "Here you go, love," she said. Her eyes were shining brightly with an innocence she hadn't experienced in quite a while. The innocence of pure fun and spontaneity.

((Rrrugh.. =_= I haven't RPed as Satu in so long....sorry..))

Lion

[*glompage* 'Sokay.  That makes two of us.]

Love soared in Ralen's heart, not just when he looked at her but everything about her had him riveted to her side.  He went along with what she did, even as he was dragged to several stores to get the necessary items for her secret plan.  He was curious as to just what she intended to do with him but suddenly realized what it was when they reached the outskirts of the city.  She led him a meadow, quiet and serene where it would be just the two of them.

Suddenly a thought seeped its way into Ralen's brain.  This was just like Satu, to be spontaneous and romantic.  This was something he was sure Lady Marchalt would never do.  Then she had said it.  Love.  A term of endearment, once again something Madeline would have never concocted, especially not in such a way that would seem innocent.

Ralen took the bread she offered and replied, "Thank you, my love."  He did eat the bread, especially since he was not very hung, and instead focused his gaze on her.  He was quiet and it was said that when a man was quiet, he was thinking.  Just what about remained to be questioned.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

((*shakes fist* I believe college has a vendetta against me..sorry about the extreme wait.))

Satu had broken off her tiny piece of bread, rolling it methodically between her fingers. She smiled at how therapeutic it was. Once in a perfect ball, only then did she lightly place it on her tongue. Her tongue zipped into her mouth, the taste of the fresh dough coating her buds with a warm sensation. Sighing at her first bite of food all day, she chewed slowly and savored every bite, all the while keeping Ralen in her sideview.

It took her quite a while before she began pouring cider into her small white cup with the royal blue rims. How they had managed to color the golden rims such a clear blue, she didn't know--but they were beautiful. "Something wrong?" She asked, taking the cup to her lips. The cider ran down her throat as she placed the cup down to tend to Ralen's. She filled it and set it before him, tilting her head at him. "Ohh. It looks like you don't know what you're thinking about. Just start talking," she began with a wry smile on her face, "and once you start whatever you're thinking about will eventually surface."