Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No More Words (Open)

Started by Anonymous, March 11, 2008, 03:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The green eyes slowly blinked awake, Sei sat up and felt the gentle covers he had never slept in an actual bed before. Even when he still lived in the forest with his daddy he had slept on a bed of leaves covered by deer hide and when he was captured by those mean men he was forced to sleep on the dirty hard floor. The kit  then noticed that Ryu wasn't there. Carefully he slid off the bed to his feet walking towards the door, when he passed to table he noticed the note. The tiny fox ears twitched in confusion his father had taught him how to read a few words like he regonized the word "market" and "do not" , the word "stay" he learned from his captivity but the other words were just scribbles on the paper. Sei whimpered and sat on the edge of the bed to wait for the samurai's return.

Anonymous

After grabing some clothes and food, Ryu made his way back to the inn. For Sei he had bought a black kimono, and a natural leasure outfit. He hoped Sei would like it.
Sliding the door open, Ryu noticed Sei was awake. "Oh, Good evening young one." Closing the door, Ryu carried his bags over to a counter.
"I have some things for you." Ryu looked over to Sei"Did you sleep well?"

Anonymous

He'd come here for a break. He hadn't been able to spot his sister anywhere in Connloath and she only stayed in the large towns. he had left a message at every inn he had found, saying that he would be waiting for her in Sirantil for the next month. It was written in a code they had made as children, when Fiona's affliction had still been funny. She was so brave, so strong. He wished he could be like her.

He sighed loudly. Deep down he knew that his love of her went beyond the normal brother-sister relationship but he was sure she would never approve.

Johnathen sat at the counter of his small one-man bakery, bored and tired. The sun was beginning to set and he still had bread left over to sell, too much in fact. Tomorrow he would have to make a lot of egg-bread (french toast in our day).

'BREAD HALF THE MORNING'S PRICE.'

It looked like he was having bread for tea again today. He had no meat ledt to go with it.

Anonymous

Sei flattened his ears against his head and wrapped his tail more tighter around him. "yes" he sqeaked in a tiny voice he knew he didn't have to be afraid of Ryu after all the human did rescue him and didn't yell at him or say harsh things like those men did but he couldn't help but be scared especially after what he had been through. Apple green eyes wandered over to the bag but didn't ask anything, the memories of his time as the men's 'slave' were still too fresh in his mind and when he would ask something there without permission he would be beaten he would be beaten even he did ask permission.

Anonymous

Ryu smiled. "After you try these clothes on, Ill make dinner." He handed Sei the bag and new sandles. "You are the first kid I've ever had to take care of so I didnt know your size." He patted Sei on the head and motioned for him to go try them on.

Anonymous

He smiled at an old lady, she came over and bought a thin loaf. No, he did not sell condiments to go with it. Try the dairy.

Anonymous

"Thank you" the kit whispered going to the bathroom taking his old ratty clothes off and putting the new ones on his tail swished once the fabric of the garment was soft and felt good. Alot of his skin was red from not having proper protection from the sun's beating rays. The sash was proving a difficulty for him and he ended up coming out with it wrapped  across his shoulder and halfway around his waist.

Anonymous

Ryu laughed a little. He smiled, and motioned for the kit to come over to him, so he could help him put the sash on. "Do you want some help?"

Anonymous

(OOC: I might just skip a bit until you come to the bakery for food, if not I'll find another excuse to bump into you. Sorry it's so short).

Johnathan picked up a bun and sat on a stall. He was getting hungry and did not really feel like doing any cleaning just yet. He wished his life could be different. Fiona seemed to have an exciting life, shame they couldn't switch places. He doubted she wouldn't be able to go without excitement, even though she craved it now. Being a fool couldn't be that bad could it?

Anonymous

Sei nodded and made his way over to the samurai . he was sure he was walking funny his feet unuse to wearing sandals or shoes for that matter. Suddenly the sash came undone and it wrapped around his ankle causing him to lose balanceand fall. The shock of suddenly falling and hitting the hard floor was to much for the little ktsune ,tears welled up in the big green apple hued eyes and he began to cry.

Anonymous

Ryu rushed over to Sei's side, quickly picking him up. "Shhh." Ryu said kindly, "Its okay, you just tripped over yourself." He wiped the tears from Sei's eyes and tied the sash. "See? There you go." He patted Sei on the head, and offered him a batch of strawberries.

Anonymous

Sei sniffed and hesitantly  reached for one of the red fruit, eyes briefly glanching at Ryu out of habit, normally when someone offered him food it was a cruel trick and would be yanked when he tried to take it. When nothing happened he put the strawberry in his mouth a small smile appeared on his his face as he chewed and swallowed reaching for another one.

Anonymous

"Do you like it?" Ryu asked with a smile. "Here, heve some of these."  He held out some blueberries. "Try some of these."

Anonymous

Johnathan stared across the street with bored eyes. There was Misses Jane and Lidea taking their washing bundles home and Mr Torgue brining someone's horse out back, little Davis in tow. He sighed again, nothing ever changed in Sirantil, nother was ever allowed to. The most exciting thing to happen in this town was the occasional witch hunt. If he had been any stronger a mage, he would probably have been top on their list but his fire skills only meant he made good bread. Good bread that was going to go to waste.

As he slumped against a wall he noticed something well out of the ordinary, a tall man with a little demon child. He stared at the pair with his mouth wide open. What was a man doing out in the streets with a demon in Connloath!

Anonymous

Going through the streets, a woman with white hair and dog ears stopped infront of him. "Excuse me, could i possibly get some bread?" She looked at him with a smile.

Anonymous

OOC: Is summerrose still playing? Should we wait for her?

Johnathan looked up. The woman startled him. He stared at her a second before realising that she had dog ears like the other little boy. His jaw dropped slightly as he stared at them. It was strange that so many demons were about in Connloath in one day. Normally you didn't see then for months at a time.

'I-I have plenty left. What type were you looking for?' his eyes were still on her ears and hair. 'I can sell it to you a bit cheaper because it's the end of the day. How much do you need?'

Anonymous

OOC:Yeah. Thats why I brought inumisha into this, so that we have somthing to do while we wait.
Inumisha stared back."Enough for three single people. And 2 more loaves of berry/herb bread please." She smiled." Its for myself, Ryu  and the new one."

Anonymous

Johnathan shook his head and nodded. He rummaged through the packed-up bread and found a large round loaf. That ype never lasted until the next day and was useless for egg-bread. He also found a berry & cinnamon loaf and a garlic & basil loaf. His stomach growled even though he had already had a roll. He looked up and grinned sheepishly.

'Was there anything else miss, er demon?' He mentally cursed himself for calling her a demon. Admittedly, he should not have helped her so he guessed that made up for it.

Anonymous

Inumishas smile faded. She looked at him gravly. "Half-Demon thank you." Then her smile came back. "How much?"

Anonymous

Sei took one of the blueberries then finding he like them ate half of the carton and was left with magenta colored juice around his mouth, he flushed embarrased when his stomach still rumbled with hunger but now he something else. Gathering up his courag he tugged on Ryu's kimono sleeve "CouldI have some water please?" he asked in a quiet voice.